Pool

Good basic value.

Reviewed 1st March 2012

"When I read some of the reviews after booking I wished I could cancel. However we wanted a cheap winter break without all the 4/5 star frills and that is what we got. Clean room with pool view, enough cooking utensils, everything worked and when we asked for an extra pillow and blanket (nights are cold) these were given without question and all the staff were helpful and friendly. It is not a good choice for heart sufferers (like me). To get to the seafront requires a walk using very steep steps or a road and many of the hotels are in the same position.This doesn't show on satellite pictures and you don't find out until you get there! "

• Travel date: 29th February 2012

Be Warned

Reviewed 22nd November 2010

"If you were thinking of booking the Panorama then I would think again as there is a chance you won't actually be staying there, or worse still, be sleeping on the beach. Having booked a 7 night stay (not through Alpha Rooms) I arrived on Friday at 2pm to be told by a stern woman on reception in very broken English that there had a been "a water leak" and they had no spare rooms. She told me that I would now be staying at the Arena Dorada down the road instead and bundled me off in a taxi as quick as she could get rid of me. Having arrived at the Arena Dorada it was siesta time and reception was closed. I found my way to the restaurant and was relieved to find a room key was waiting for me and I was temporarily happy as the Dorada was nice, the room was huge and it was in a much better location than the Panorama being in the middle of the resort, but without any noise. All was great until the next afternoon when I had a call from reception telling me that I had to check out of my room immediately as the Panorama had only booked me into the Dorada for 1 night ! Needless to say I was pretty angry by now, took my paperwork to reception and explained the situation. Yana on reception was very nice and telephoned the Panorama who said they had no rooms for the rest of the week and couldn't do anything to help!!. The Dorada said that under the circumstances I could stay in my room until the Wednesday but then they had new guests arriving and I would have to leave (unless they had a cancellation in the meantime) - although they would help find me another hotel for the last 2 nights of my stay. Well as luck would have it, there was a cancellation and thankfully I managed to keep my room at the Arena Dorada for the whole week without paying any extra. So I have to give huge thanks to the lovely Yana and Sandra on reception at the Arena Dorada who couldn't have been more helpful and even re-arranged my return airport transfer so that it picked me up from the Dorada and not the Panorama. Obviously I can't give a review of the Panorama accomodation as I was only there for 5 minutes before they sent me packing with potentially nowhere to stay for a week. Still, that should be warning enough for anyone about how they treat their paying guests. I accept that overbooking happens in the best of hotels - but to be left high and dry with minimal assistance when it does is, in my opinion, not acceptable."

• Travel date: 20th November 2010

disgusting

Reviewed 28th August 2009

"me and my family arrived here late evening to be greeted by a dark hotel with with no atmosphere, we were given keys to 3 seperate rooms each with no saftey deposit box intact! no cot and the bedding was filthy.. after going complaining to the receptionist she advised us we could pick a cot up from another room and a man would come and fix the safety deposit boxes in the morning, when my brother picked the (travel cot) up from another room we opened it up to find it was filthy with holes all over the net and dead cockroaches inside,how could we let an 11 month little baby sleep in that? we again went and complained and the receptionist appoligised but said there was nothing we could do until morning!! as we arrived back to our small rooms with socket's hanging off the wall and cockroaches crawling everywhere we decided we wanted to go home it was horrid my brother turned on the light switch and was thrown across the room with an electric shock, we were now very distressed, we decided we could not sit inside the hotel so went for a walk when we turned the corner to get to the main strip we was on the most steep hill we have seen in our lives, it was called cardiac hill which we was also not told about! my mum had just had a spinal operation and had a metal rod in her back and my dad has had a few heart attacks and a couple of strokes we came here to recooperate.. and instead was wishing we where all beck at home, when we arrived back to the hotel we saw a couple of teenagers playing football with a cockroach not very good at all and then a male receptionist decided to try and kick it to one side so we would not see it but we did so he stood on it...we complained and complained and got absoloutly no help from this hotel.. i called our travel company and again nothing could be done until the morning it took them 3 days to move! we could not wash or unpack due to the filth of this hotel.. roadworks were all night and day long all around this hotel, the pool bar was open 10-5 and then the hotel was in darkness... prob so you couldn't see all the dirt and cockroaches!! we found 16 cockroaches in just 1 room and more in the other 2 the travel kettle did not even reach the socket i have pics of all these it was vile! never ever again will we go to these apartments there is so much more i could say but dont want to remember this hotel any longer than needed... we have been to lanzarote for the last 5 years and it is a lovely place it's just a shame about this hotel..."

• Travel date: 27th August 2009

Enjoyed it

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Enjoyed our stay here, pool was clean, very nice, pool bar food was nice and rooms spacious. We got a room over looking the road at first so we aksed reception if they had any pool view rooms available and they gave us one free of charge!!! Beach was lovely, and good nightlife, just some advice, if you don't want to get mithered to go in the bars then walk on the other side of the road, it does get annoying after a while!! I would definately return!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2009

The holiday from hell.

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We had booked our holiday through the First Choice website, flew Thomson, and the tour operator was Skytours, so it was no surprise that when 10 of us got off the bus at reception approx 3pm on Thursday 2nd July 2009, none of our names were on the list. The rep had conveniently remained on the coach, which was now nowhere to be seen, leaving the poor receptionist to sort out the mess. Eventually, all of the various couples were allocated rooms, however, as the Spanish receptionist handed over the key to room 114 she warned us that the view was “not good” and that “maybe you move room tomorrow?” As we didn’t plan to spend much time in our apartment, the lack of a view did not unduly bother us. We certainly didn’t want to waste our first full day there unpacking / packing / moving room / unpacking again. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. There were no pillows on the beds in our room, however, once I’d been to reception and asked politely we were given two (albeit the lumpiest pillows I have ever seen). Predictably, the beds were very hard, but there are thick foam cushions on the sofa and arm chair which we laid underneath our sheets at night. This seemed to do the trick. There is a free tv in the room but channels are very limited and prone to interference. There were only minimal kitchen utensils available, and I had to ask reception for a corkscrew. The can opener was completely rusty, so we chose not to use it. There are just 2 hotplates, no oven or grill. There is no microwave (although I accept that these things were not promised). A kettle and toaster were also provided. We weren’t overjoyed at our room, but as it was only rated a 1 key we weren’t expecting a palace. I didn’t expect to see rust along the edge of the bath however, nor did I wish to see weird gunge growing on (or possibly seeping out of?) the internal window frames. With no windows, other than the large sliding patio doors, the room felt quite claustrophobic. With no windows in the bathroom you wouldn’t want to get locked in there! With the July heat we decided it was a good investment to spend 21 euros (5 euros refundable deposit) on hiring a fan. We actually paid 20 euros as they had no change. With only one visible socket in the room, located in the kitchen, the fan wouldn’t reach to the bedroom area. We asked reception for an extension lead but was told that we should come back and ask again in the morning! The room was unbearably hot with no air con so we had no sleep. The fridge in the kitchen backs onto the wall beside one of the beds, generating even more heat for the poor unfortunate trying to sleep there. At 3.30am my partner went to the bathroom to find a huge cockroach scuttling around. I went to reception in my pyjamas and woke up the night watchman to tell him. He spoke virtually no English but managed to convey to us we need to see the manager in the morning. It was windy outside (which I’m certainly not blaming on the accommodation!) but the 6 feet tall metal fence, which was just a few feet from our room, kept banging and creaking all night long, so we had to keep the patio doors closed because of the din, meaning we had no fresh air in the room. (Also, we didn’t fancy letting any more cockroaches into the apartment). After virtually no sleep at all, and having to sleep with the lights on so we could look out for more cockroaches, I went to reception at 8.30am Friday morning. I was finally given an adapter for the fan to enable us to use the weird 3-holed socket near the tv so we could at least cool down, and a large can of industrial strength cockroach spray (it was apparently up to us to fumigate our own apartment). Due to the lack of sleep, we missed the visit from our rep at 5pm as we’d both dropped off. No attempt was made by the rep to check on us at any point during our stay. There are no reps based at this site. All you get are some leaflets about booking excursions, which are situated on a table in the lounge area, and a folder with information about transfer times for the return journey. I’m guessing that if you rung them offering to pay for trips you’d soon see a rep! The pool and Jacuzzi were quite nice, and there were plenty of sun loungers, but it would’ve been good if the poolside bar had been open, especially on Sunday. Everyone had to walk to the local shops for ice creams which was annoying when there’s a fully stocked bar on site. Despite spraying the whole room several times each day, Sunday afternoon we had cockroaches on the patio. If we hadn’t spotted them, they could easily have scuttled into the apartment. A cleaner came in but simply emptied the bin and washed the floor. She didn’t change the towels (or tea towel). Monday morning, after another sleepless night paranoid about cockroaches in the room, we found another two large ones on the patio (making a beeline for the apartment). I’d had enough of this and asked reception to move us. I have to say that the reception staff did the very best they could, and were very sympathetic throughout our ordeal. I also accept that a this time of year Lanzarote does seem to have a rather large cockroach problem in general, however the rooms should be properly fumigated before paying customers are expected to stay there. We wasted all Monday morning packing up our things and waiting for an available room. By 1pm we finally had the keys to room 204. (A cleaner had been scrubbing it for over an hour to make sure it was fit for use). The bathroom door handle came off when we used it, and the shower wasn’t particularly great, but the views were better and room was much cleaner. We even had two corkscrews! We had more plates and bowls in the kitchen, more glasses, a lid for our bin, spare bin bags (all things that we didn’t have in room 114). We were promised that there would be no more cockroaches, and I admit that we didn’t actually have any cockroaches in this room for the remainder of our stay. There was no kettle in this room and I couldn’t be bothered to pester reception yet again, so I made do with boiling hot water for my cups of tea using the percolator. This seemed to work ok. The new issue became stray cats, who come into the apartments every time they notice the patio doors ajar. The image of an emaciated stray cat munching on a large bug just 3 feet away while I was trying to eat my breakfast outside on the patio is an image which will stay with me for quite some time. Although there is a public computer in the reception area it costs 1 euro for just 10 minutes, so is quite expensive. During our stay we used the Thomson helpline asking if there was any way they could fly us home asap, but they simply said that there was nothing they could do and we were stuck there until our scheduled flight home on Thursday 9th July. Basically, they didn’t want to know about our problems. I have tried to write a balanced review, including some positive aspects, but it hasn’t been easy finding anything good to say about The Panorama Apartments. The décor in the corridors is nice, the receptionists are very helpful, the views in some of the rooms are nice, the wardrobes are large, the fridge is adequate, the pool and Jacuzzi are good and the actual location of the apartments is good (5 minutes from The Strip, 5 minutes from the Old Town, 3 minutes from the local Spar supermarket). There are no facilities for children at this site, so it’s mainly couples who stay here, making it quite peaceful. There is a gym on site, but I never once saw anyone use it. Unfortunately, however, this is the worst holiday I have ever had and I would certainly not recommend The Panorama Apartments to any of my friends or family members. There are lots of far better places to stay in Puerto Del Carmen."

• Travel date: 14th July 2009

Dont waste your time

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"I booked in for the Arena Dorada appartments but on arrival at 10pm we were moved to Panarama, where we were given an awful room with no windows for the night and then ask to move again at 12 o clock the next day. After this the room we were moved into was ok, what we paid for really. The reception staff, the young girl is rude and unhelpful. We were given a fax with another couples name on telling us about our coach return trip, then when we took it back we were told it would be sorted only to come back a few hours later to find another receptionist who knew nothing about it but apparently sorted it out anyway. well the coach was a no show and we had to pay for a taxi to airport, arriving rather late. All in All book somewhere else, there are plenty of cheap appartments and you dont really need this stress on holiday. If youve already booked it then atleast make sure your all sorted when they move you and make them call your coach company and take printouts of everything!!"

• Travel date: 25th June 2009

great location, mediocre hotel

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"My daughter and I spent 1 week here from 28 march to 4 april 2009. First the good points, the pool area was very clean and well kept. with plenty of sunbeds (nor very comfy) and no children at all, so was very quiet. The water was not extremely warm, but possible to swim without turning into an iceblock. There is a snack bar by the pool but it wasnt open every day., food was , very pleasant swedish lady behind the counter. The location was good apart from the walk back up the hill to the hotel - but it helped to work off all the chips we seemed to consume nearly every evening. We didnt find many places serving canary potatoes and Moho sauce unfortunately. We found it quite expensive generally. with coffee nearly as expensive as in our country (Norway -where eating out is usually very expensive) we found a pub called The Tavern on the strip which served very nice steak, good value for money, lovely staff and excellent coffee. Tbe reception staff were generally very pleasant and helpful, especially Lola. as were the cleaning staff.. I found the b ed quite comfortable (i usually get problems with hotel beds but not this time) There is plenty of cupboard space and wardrobes and the bathroom was fine . Not so good points. It was extra to hire a safe in the room as was the tiny television, we didnt bother with tv. We had pc s with us, We could not find any plugs for our electrical equipment apart from one socket in kitchen (which was spartan but adequate). on the way home we spoke to someone who said that there were electrical points which were very small, narrow and grey in colour . We had an extension cord with us so it worked out ok. You could also borrow an extension cord from reception. Tbe room was quite small, drab and in need of a face lift. Furtniture was not too comfortable but again adequate.- ok for one week stay. It is classified as a 2 star hotel in Lanzarote but would give it only 1 star. Our flat was at back but it meant we had morning sun which was fine. the balcony is tiny just enough room for a table and two chairs, just. . But all in all it was an ok place to stay because of the location near to restaurants and plenty of supermarkets and Lanzarote is a lovely island.......... June, Bergen,Norway"

• Travel date: 15th April 2009

Booked This Hotel But Didn't Get To Stay There!!!

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Myself and three friends booked the Panarama Apartments and were due to stay there from 9th October 2008 for four nights, HOWEVER, on arrival we were told that there was a problem with the plumbing and we would have to stay in another hotel, namely the Arena Dorada. I have to say we weren't particularly happy at hearing this as we had booked the Panarama because the pool area looked lovely and it had a gym, sauna and jacuzzi, the Arena Dorada just had a pool. After staying at the Arena Dorada we don't really have any complaints about the apartments themselves but it wasn't what we booked and paid for!! On looking at the reviews here on Trip Advisor for the Arena Dorada Apartments it seems that at least two other people have had the same problem with the Panarama in that they arrive to be told that there is a plumbing problem and then get moved. The other people who have written reviews were due to stay in August and September, we were due to stay in October so there is either a major problem with the plumbing or we are being conned!! So as much as I'm sure these apartments are very nice if you actually get to stay there be mindful that you might just get moved as soon as you arrive."

• Travel date: 18th October 2008

Ideal Location

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My partner and I stayed at the Panorama apartments from september 18th until 2nd october. Excellent greeting on arrival, shown straight to room 207. Room as expected for self catering, 2 hobs, fridge, kettle,toaster, pots,pans,cutlery,plates etc and a bottle opener/corkscrew. Large cupboard in the bathroom for storing toiletries and shelves in wardrobe for folded items of clothing, lots of hanging space and a safe in the bottom of wardrobe. No air con but you can hire a fan from reception. Two single beds and extra pillows were no problem.The balcony looked over the pool area and you could see the sea, clothes airer provided on the balcony. The pool area is spotless and very quiet as no children under 12 years of age are permitted to stay at these apartments. Jacuzzi was out of order throughout our stay. Maid service not that good. Came and emptied bins and swept floors most days but got bed linen changed once in the two week stay and towels are changed twice weekly. Leave the apartments via the gates at the end of the pool area and turn right and within 10 minutes you are in the harbour area and old town passing El Dorado ( for lovely food and service) and the biosfera shopping centre along the way. Got to try Flannagans bar for the free comedy show which starts at about 9pm. Also try Sardinero on the harbour front for perfect fillet steak Turn left out of the apartments via the same gate and left at the end of the street, down cardiac hill (not as bad as expected), and you are on the strip or beach front ( takes about 10 minutes again). Beach front goes on for miles but plenty of restaurants,bars and shops along the way.Try any of the Lanis group of restaurants and you wont be disappointed. Try yum yums sandwich shop past the casino on the beach side of the road for the most delicious and inexpensive baguettes and salad boxes. Places to go are... Timanfaya national park, cesar manriques house, papagayo beach, famara beach,matagorda beach, mirador del rio,hervideros caves,el golfo, playa blanca, teguise market on a sunday,Puerto Calero Marina, Arrecife for sight seeing and shopping. And finally look out for Keeley who works at the pool bar at the apartments. She has a mad hour most days of the week. Very entertaining. Would we go back....definately."

• Travel date: 13th October 2008

Very good great pool and jacuzzi

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Stayed at the Panorama for one week from 15.6.08 the apartments are spacious enough for 2 people. Friendly welcome on arrival from reception and they booked our trips on the yellow submarine and Timanfaya mountain. The pool area is spotlessly clean however it was very quiet, we did not see any children, it seemed there were lots of couples (all ages) No prob getting a sunbed. The only downfall was the hill to the apartments from the main strip or you could take the steps still a mission. The maid we had was English and she gave us lots of info about Puerto Del Carmen. Taxi from the airport was 15 euros. Best place to eat was Pinnochio's."

• Travel date: 1st July 2008

Hotels near Apartamentos Panorama

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Panorama

• by David

"All the rooms with odd numbers face the pool."

Apartamentos Panorama is also called