Hotel Costa Calero

Good
Good

Winter holiday

Reviewed Thu 19th of February 2015

"Clean hotel lovely staff but this time too many supervisors away at the same time,in danger of things sliding down the scale could do with a change of entertainment acts and have the piano player lady from the Tegu Isle Playa the night when there is no one playing,must get tough on people trying to get in the dining room for dinner not wearing correct attire,this is supposed to be a four star hotel.

• Travel date: Thu 19th of February 2015

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"1st class hotel , beautiful grounds.Entertainment on evening could have been better. saw a Beatles triubte band which were excellent.
Lovely area a walk down hill brought you to the lovely marina with great restaurants and bars.Also a free bus into Puerto del Carmen which was very handy.This was our 3rd visit to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2012

Watch out for the 'Sergeant Major'

Reviewed Thu 17th of March 2011

"Hotel: Poor welcoming - greated by a very grumpy receptionist. Bags not taken to room had to drag them to highest floor. We were a honeymoon couple and offered no upgrade. Room was clean, apart from bathroom. We had issues with shower maintenance and cleanliness.
Entertainment: Hotel employed staff were excellent, nightly entertainment by guests were poor and very cheesy.
Food: OK, good quality but quite repetitive.
Pools: very nice, always quiet and private for such a big hotel
Bar: very slow
Saga people: hotel was full of Saga guests. Commanded by the rottweiller like 'Sergeant Major'. We found that a real pettiness was created by the Saga rep who decided that she had complete control over hotel and all staff who she was extremely rude to. We as 20 something year old guests found very irrating as we couldn't even access their very private book collection which was identified in their own seperate book case in capital letters as being for 'SAGA' guests only. However, in our maturity we donated serveral books and wrote 'NON SAGA' and on the books that we borrowed from saga we wrote 'NON' in front just to make a point.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel to our parents and grandparents and despite a few negatives we did enjoy the peaceful nice grounds within the hotel. "

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2011

Possibly the best Hotel EVER!

Reviewed Tue 11th of January 2011

"Amazed Totally by the Iberostar in costa Calero....staff food, choices to do ...cannot ask for more...the weather helped of course...now I'm 30, I like to be looked after, I love good food and the Hotel, chambermaids and well everything (apart from the dodgy bar music in the eve...lmao)
I didn't pay an aweful lot for this...enough ...but not alot, we liked it so much when we went in November that we went back in the following March and Now because I've missed the next november I think that it would only be rude not to have a week there again in April....Hope to see you there !!! "

• Travel date: Sat 8th of January 2011

Wonderfull holiday.

Reviewed Tue 11th of January 2011

"Hotel is in a fantastic location. Great for couples. Very, very relaxing. It is spotless inside and outside of the hotel and the staff cannot do enough for you. My partner and I have just had the best Christmas ever and we are young fiftys. Don't go here if you are looking for loud night life or 2am bars or a beach as they do not exist."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of January 2011

Fantastic, Amazing, Not one hotel like it!

Reviewed Tue 26th of October 2010

"I came back from Lanzarote this morning and now i miss the hotel and the lovely sun.
The hotel is absoulutley faboulous, the spa is great! The hotel is clean and pleasent to stay in, the rooms are fab! They are clean and are spacious, The entertainment is brilliant and a pleasure to watch! The pools and outdoor scenery are amazing. The cuisine and bars/ Restraunts are tidy, clean and there is something for everyone. There is lovely cafe's and restraunts down by the marina if you do not go all inclusive ( Which i recommend you do). There are lots of trips to go on like the grand tour or the half day tour which take you all the way round the island, stopping at some of the best sights of Lanzarote. There is a submarine trip to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. A Rancho Texas Park, And many many more:D If trips are not your thing then there is always the 3 pools, One salt water And the spa is always a pleasure. I strongly recommend this hotel to familys. Thank you, i know that i absoulutly loved my stay and if you take my advice. Have a nice holiday because it is always guarenteed here at Lanzarote, Iberostar, Costa Calero."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2010

Amazing

Reviewed Tue 18th of May 2010

"I stayed at this hotel a week ago and was amazed at how fantastic it was.
The hotel is set in a fantastic location with fanastic views of the sea from 98% of the rooms. The rooms are a good size, clean and nicely decorated with air conditioning and balconies.
Our holiday was all inclusive and id definately recommend this to anyone, the selection and standard of food was outstanding. The selection of drinks that were included in the all inclusive package were good top brands, smirnoff, jack daniels etc.
The staff were brilliant, welcoming,polite,helpful,extremely hard working but nothing seemed too much trouble.
Good size pools with plenty of sunloungers and space. I could not fault this hotel and will certainly be going back. "

• Travel date: Sun 16th of May 2010

We (four adults) have just had a brill h...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"We (four adults) have just had a brill holiday. Staff were great. Rooms spotless. Loads of sunbeds.

The food was great. Loads of variety- Some staples such as paella, fried rice, burgers were on every night but most things changed nightly. The chefs cooked in front of you- every night a roast was on, a different fish a pasta dish or two. You could drink more or less anything within the All Inc, it wasn't restricted to Spanish spirits. Really really good.

There were several different nationalities there which was nice- not wall to wall Brits. The evening entertainment in the ballroom varied , a bit average some nights, but other nights were great. A 5/6 euro taxi ride takes you to Puerto del Carmen, and most times the reception had a taxi there for you within a few minutes. That made a nice change - even if only to reinforce how gorgeous Puerto Calero was in comparison. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

I booked this hotel after reading all th...

Reviewed Mon 1st of September 2008

"I booked this hotel after reading all the reviews on here and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend and I thought how wonderful the hotel was we had a fantastic room upgraded to look out over the pool and the sea. The food was top notch and plenty of it, we were upgraded to their all inclusive plus which means drinks like bailey's, JD, and cocktails were free, we tried them all!! We had no problems getting sun loungers any time of day, the pools were lovely and the staff are so friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The town is very quiet with a few shops but this suited us. I cannot fault this hotel and I can't wait to book up again, I'd recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Lanzarote."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

hello just returned from a weeks holiday...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"hello just returned from a weeks holiday in costa calero, wat can i say unbeliveable to say the least, we stayed there last year and couldnt wait to go back, staff 10 out of 10 for making our holiday excellent and very enjoyable, we brought our friends this time as we had such a great time last year, everywhere you looked it was spotless,it was great to see the drinks were upgraded this year as our friends drink jack daniels so they had no need to put there hands in there pockets all week, irish coffee was free too happy days. im just back a few weeks and find myself looking to book again next year but it seems to a lot more expensive than this year! is it the hotel or is it the travel agents who knows? 1700 this year 2200 next year ? for a week! if anyone knows a cheaper way to stay at iberostar costa calero let me know cheers. [email protected]"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

I have just returned from a weeks holida...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of July 2008

"I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the costa calero hotel with my boyfriend, i was very pleased with the hotel. Its absolutly massive and none of the pictures do it any justice at all. Its an amazing hotel. The pools are all really nice. Food is better than most places abroad, altho they could change the dishes around a bit more. All inclusive plus programme was fab! Rooms were nice and clean, beds a bit uncomforatable tho! Its a 5 minute walk from the marina which was nice, but only had about 5 shops and a few resturants there. The main town of Puerto del Carmen was 5 mins in a bus that the hotel provided. Airport transfer took 10mins which was good! :) Overall i really liked the hotel, but Lanzarote itself i felt didnt really have much to offer, but as we were all inclusive we spent r week in the hotel in the sun! I would return to an Iberostar hotel again!! "

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

what a lovely hotel, have just returned...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"what a lovely hotel, have just returned this being our second holiday there.
we could,nt fault it, hotel was spotless and food great plenty of choice.
we found the all inclusive drinks very generous, top brands..baileys ,jack danials etc... the hotel is in a great location and all rooms have a sea view.
everything about this hotel was unbelievable.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

Hotels near Hotel Costa Calero

Stayed at Hotel Costa Calero? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Costa Calero

• Hannah by Hannah

"It is just out of this world and i wish to go back to Lanzarote next year to the same hotel. "

• Moll by Moll

" A week is not long enough. "

• danniik3 by danniik3

"Perfect couples holiday or Family "

• Pam A by Pam A

"Ask for a room on top floor for best views "

Hotel Costa Calero is also called