Bungalows Playa Limones

Ctra. Limones, s/n, 30540 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote Spain

We return again!

Reviewed Mon 8th of February 2016

"This will be our 4th visit in April 2016 and due to ill health, we need to recharge our batteries and this is the best place! The beds are so comfortable and no-one bothers you. Previously my husband and I have gone for my birthday and received a lovely basket of fruit! Which I presume the date was taken from my passport, unless this happens to everyone! The bungalows and gardens are so well looked after and close to a small number of restaurants (especially Chinese/steak house) on the promenade locally. Last time we visited, I asked how much to buy the bungalow, they are so private, but they are not for sale!! The cleaning staff are lovely, I had to sign a form after our first morning to say we didn't need their services.

• Travel date: Fri 5th of February 2016

Another Visit Well Enjoyed

Reviewed Tue 9th of February 2010

"Just returned from another visit to these quiet and peaceful bugalows. Nice to go back to familiar surrounding. Weather was a little mixed but with the ease of walk to the beach, lighthouse and marine all in walking distant, still things to do.

Bungalows are very well appointed but feel now is the time for a little modernisation, especially the kitchen.

All in all will return again in the near future.

Beach is having some work done on it to protect from the sea, hopefully finished before summer"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of February 2010

after booking a last minute holiday with...

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2008

"after booking a last minute holiday with sunshine holidays we chose the playa limones bungalows. First impressions were it was a bit dated but the grounds were spacious enough and the pool warm enough for our 2 children 5/12yrs. Accomadation is basic (unfortunately all the tv channels were in spanish or german) but clean, and, you even have your own back yard to hang out all the sandy wet things from the beach. Food wise we did eat once at lunch time but it was your basic chips and burger, better to eat out at one of the hundres of cafes/restuarants. If you have children its says they have a playground but again it was very old and some of it was broken. the beach is literally across the road as to is the local supermarket (if you go into the town about 20 minutes walk there is a netto which is cheaper)which we though was rather expensive. In all i would definately go back to playa limones bingalows "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2008

A superbly situated quiet complex. Close...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2007

"A superbly situated quiet complex. Close to beach, restaurants, bars, and supermarkets.

The bungalow was cleaned five times a week however the towels and tea towel were old and smelt musty.

There was a problem with the cistern which we dealt with ourselves. Although there was a paddling pool for small children, the other two pools were both too deep for non swimmers.

The reception staff were very helpful and arranged car hire for us."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of November 2007

If you want to relax & recharge, Playa L...

Reviewed Thu 5th of October 2006

"If you want to relax & recharge, Playa Limones & the resort are ideal. Pleasant Quiet & clean (although we did have to complain once about the maid forgetting to clean our room one day).

The staff were pleasant at reception, and very helpful, never saw our rep, but that’s a good thing. Pool & complex kept tidy, not many around the pool mainly because the lovely Flamingo beach is only across the road.

Plenty of supermarkets nearby, but the best thing for me about the resort is that there are plenty of good quality restaurants to choose from. My favourite was the La Vaca Tjuana down on the main prom, the staff are pleasant & the food is fantastic, starter & a good steak with a couple of drinks costs about 28 - 30 euros. If you like Chinese there are plenty & some do takeaway. The best Chinese for me is The Jumbo.

Plenty of bars from the lively to the relaxed, try The Irish Anvil, very good three piece rock band on three times a week.

Overall a great place to be with a great beach pleasant walk down the prom in the evenings & some decent shops. "

• Travel date: Thu 5th of October 2006

Paid silly money expecting 3star plus!!...

Reviewed Sat 25th of February 2006

"Paid silly money expecting 3star plus!! What a shock we had on our arrival.

Builders safety cordon tape around the pool area. Looked like something from a murder scene. Two out of three connecting pools out of service due to repairs

Diskcutters, angle-grinders, jack-hammers and billowing dust clouds blowing in all directions. You would have had to be a deaf and dust resistant sun seeker to have been able to endure such torture.

If you are the nostalgic type you would have loved the so called pretty bungalows. Time expired 70s, including woodchip wallpaper and naff knotted pine furniture. Not to mention the plague of ants, in your bed, in your clothing, in fact everywhere.

The whole place has obviously seen better days. It is very, very tired and run down. Go here at your own peril. I implore you to leave this place alone and find somewhere else to stay. There are lots of nice places in Playa Blanca."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of February 2006

We have just returned from a lovely week...

Reviewed Tue 1st of November 2005

"We have just returned from a lovely week at Playa Limones. The bungalow was very clean and spacious, beds comfortable and kitchen well equipped. The maid came in 5 days out of 7 and gave us 4 fresh towels on each occasion which was a real treat compared to some SC apartments. All staff were friendly and genuinely helpful.
Limones is situated in the nicer bit of Playa Blanca right across the road (easy to cross) from Flamingo Beach. There are good restaurants and supermarkets all within a few hundred yards - I recommend La Bahia for a relaxing, tasty meal and the Thai menu at the Asia.

A 15 minute walk to Playa Blanca port and shops is all on the flat and the views as you walk are stunning.

I would most certainly recommend this holiday for couples and families with young children, we will certainly return.

I would have given 10 out of 10 but 2 of the 3 swimming pools were closed for repair, we like to swim in the sea so this didn't trouble us at all but people who like to swim and sit at the pool were inconvenienced by the noise of the work in progress largely from the geriatric concrete mixer.

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2005

First time we have used self catering ac...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"First time we have used self catering accommodation and would certainly go back. The complex was well laid out, peaceful and quiet. The bungalow was clean and beds comfortable. There was a fridge, two electric rings for cooking, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, hair dryer and safety deposit box. An iron and ironing board could be borrowed from reception free of charge. Outside the back door there was a small walled area with locked back gate where you could hang out washing, a line and some pegs supplied. At the front there is a large patio with table, chairs and two loungers. We had a problem with the cistern and the maintenance man was round within half an hour and repaired it. If I were being picky I would say it could do with a lick of paint here and there but in the intense heat it is not surprising that woodwork dries up. No air conditioning but opening the back and front doors allowed a lovely breeze to blow through and helped to cool things down. There were small ants about but they were not a problem to us. Ants and cockroaches are part and parcel of Lanzarote from what I saw.

We found all the staff friendly and helpful. We didn’t eat in the restaurant mainly because it was nice to go off site for this. There are 2 small pools and one larger one, sunbeds always available, laundrette, kids play area and crazy golf. The bar was open till late with tables outside back and front. We did not see the rep but that was our own choice. We booked trips through reception and found afterwards that they were cheaper than Thomson’s trips.

Across the road and down a slope there were restaurants including a Chinese one and supermarkets, which catered for your holiday needs. We ate in most of the restaurants and found them all to be good with a varied menu. Most of them also do a take away service.

Playa Flamingo beach at the bottom of the slope was lovely. Shallow clear waters and so safe for children to play in.

The promenade was a delight to stroll along with a breeze coming off the sea to keep you refreshed. It was about 10 minutes stroll to the harbour and the first restaurant from Limones. Stop for a drink and watch the ferries crossing to Fuerteventura. A couple of minutes later you arrive at the centre of Playa Blanca with lots of shops and restaurants. Not the best shopping area for serious shopping but there were one or two good shops amongst the touristy ones.

Up from the harbour you can catch the local bus to Puerto del Carmen (30 mins) for 2 euros 10 cents single. The bus also goes on to Arrecife.

This has to be the most relaxing holiday I have ever had and will go back again."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

The bungalows were very nice and the who...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"The bungalows were very nice and the whole resort was peaceful and perfect for couples. The 3 pools were handy, although, didn’t notice any were heated (which would have been nice). The staff, especially the receptionist were pleasant and helpful. In fact, I left my roll of camera film in the bungalow and they sent it to me in the UK so that was kind of them to bother.

It was very handy to be a few minutes from the shops and restaurants etc too. Also, the ferry to Fuerteventura was only a 10 min walk. All in all very nice. Although, could have been a tad cleaner in the Bungalows.

But, I would go back.

I agree about the holiday rep, not being particularly helpful - lucky we didn’t need her either!!

J. Cole, Exeter.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Not luxurious but clean. Food at the res...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"Not luxurious but clean. Food at the restaurant was first class. A few minutes walk to the beach and restaurants and twenty minutes to shops and ferry to Fuerteventura. Loved the idea of your own sun lounger and parasol table at each bungalow. Ideal for disabled, elderly or those wishing a quieter holiday.

We had a slight problem with ants, but they were after a bag of sweets, and were soon dealt with a spray of Avon skin so soft. Plenty to see and do, I would recommend the bungalows, plenty of sun loungers at poolside which was very quiet as everyone heads to the beach. Staff and holiday rep most helpful. Although listed for 2/3 having three adults staying would be a little cramped.

Peaceful complex with no discos above or below you. Ideal for those wishing a relaxing and peaceful time.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Amazing! Perfect for couples! A relaxi...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Amazing!

Perfect for couples!

A relaxing, beautiful holiday with a beach roughly a minute walk from the complex. Also restaurants with lovely food and well equipped supermarkets along the stretch of the beach.

Friendly staff, a pool table, mini golf, 3 pools and large accommodation.. a very enjoyable holiday.

Also not much need in having to get up at the crack of dawn for sun lounger as i found they were often free.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

After reading various reviews of these a...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"After reading various reviews of these apartments, I booked a holiday here, having been to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote before.

BIG Mistake, whilst the location and size of the apartments, as described by others are ideal, the maintenance and cleanliness of our apartment was horrendous. We suffered a plague of Ants (not just your usual numbers, as you would expect) but Ants coming out of light switches and power sockets and literally swarming our beds at night. We had 2 occasions where water was cut off for a few hours, apparently this was planned maintenance, you would have expected some warning if it was planned though wouldn’t you?. Our neighbours in the complex had a cockroach or two to visit. The maid spent a whole 5 minutes cleaning when she bothered to visit, and there was visible dirt all over the place. I imagine 5 or 10 years ago this was a very nice place to be, but it has suffered neglect for a few years. The communal areas are better but reception looks like a 20.00 a night youth hostel... I have to disagree with the previous review- the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful from day one... I think this place has changed hands and gone down the tubes. I have read one review elsewhere that said they received wine on arrival, all we got was a teatowel that stank like it hadn’t been washed for a year....

Advertised as 3* + I have stayed in better 2* bargain apartments in Lanzarote and the rest of the Canaries.. Seriously my advice...don’t do it, there are loads of nice apartment blocks in Playa Blanca... pick another one...."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Hotels near Bungalows Playa Limones

Stayed at Bungalows Playa Limones? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bungalows Playa Limones

• Valerie G by Valerie G

"Quiet area, withine walking distance of livelier entertainment. "

Bungalows Playa Limones is also called