About Hesperia Playa Dorada

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • kids club

Good

The Hotel Management do not care for the customer staying at there hotel.

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2018

"Arrive at Hesperia Playa Dora Saturday afternoon July 2018 .
To be placed in one of there best rooms Deluxe Looking at the sea.
Happy Times I thought.

There where issues:
Toilet door would not close.
Toilet that had strange smell being omitted 24/7.
Sink with no plug.
When you took a shower the toilet floor next door got wet!
You could hear all the conversations from above and side in plain detail 24/7.

If this had been the SUM total of my issues I would of still had a great holiday. SO I DID NOT COMPLAIN AT THIS POINT.

Friday night my room got broken into @ 9 PM.

The hotel staff where no help at all.
After 4 attempts with different team members I demanded the hotel manager. Mr G arrived (wont use his real name).

At this point we got moved at midnight.
I required a report for the insurance and the hotel told me they would not complete one for me (Virgin Travel would of been happy with one from the Hotel).

I needed one from the Police.
Hotel refused to call Police that night.
Refused assistance Sat Sun and Monday with assistance to police station but managed to supply an interpreter Wednesday. 5 DAYS AFTER THE EVENT! 2 police stations later.

The hotel refused to answer emails and call's from British Airways requesting a report.

Then the Manager has an argument with me at breakfast with @90 in the room.

At this point BA moved me to a different hotel down the road.

GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO
A fantastic hotel I recommend 10/10.
True 5 Star.

Note: the only CCTV in this hotel covers the bars and a few entrance points the corridors to the room are not covered.

There is no security team members on this site, Customer service pick issues up.

Hesperia Hotels have not to contact me.
Hotel its self not contacted me.
The Hotel have not even after 3 weeks contacted British Airways.

If nothing goes wrong with your holiday its an ok Hotel not 4 stars.

But if they do assist with a major issue it will be reluctant and hard work.

Hotel had a brake in 3 weeks before I arrived - mine - and one last week!

Chris Tidd UK."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

good location but should be graded 3 star

Reviewed Tue 5th of March 2013

"spent 1 week at hesperia, begining of february 2013. food very good at hotel although be prepared for a butlins type stampede when the dining area is declared open for breakfast and evening meal. Staff are not very friendly and unhelpful. my friend was ill for 2 days whilst on holiday and did not attend meals and was confined to the lavatory in room. i enquired as to whether i could possibly take a juice and dry biscuits from restaurant for him and was told no. do not bother to pay for a room with a view as we got a room facing the sea but honestly we had to use binoculars to see the sea. will we use the hotel again? no way. one of our yearly holidays is always to lanzarote we paid double the price of our normal holiday to the island this time for a hotel that could give us a better service than the normal 3 star hotels we stay in, we will stick to the lower grade hotels in future, at least you get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of March 2013

Second Christmas equally as good...

Reviewed Tue 25th of January 2011

"My wife and I spent Xmas & New Year 2008 at this hotel, and having enjoyed it so much, decided to return. This past Xmas we arrived for two weeks once more but... left on Dec. 30th. Reception a bit 'cool' as before, but when I asked for a room with a beter view, having paid extra, was immediately guided to a choice of two others, both lovely and overlooking pool and ocean. Chamber maid excellent, room pristine, large and very comfortable. Lot's of hanging space for clothes, great bath-room BUT... Oh! the T.V. only one english channel B.B.C. world which is crap. A few days before we left they added another SKY NEWS which made it perfect. Food and Beverage excellent, lots of choice, always hot with very hot plates. Table service terrific, wine and water orders served immediately by Stephan an englishman born in Spain, loved by all for his sense of humour and great and competant service. All other service personel we found excellent whether in restaurants or bar. Xmas dinner was totally marvelous. Great pool, gardens and location, only complaint is that the carpets in bedrooms and corridors are tired, tired tired. Hopefully they'll be replaced right away Then, there was little or no entertainment in the evening which really lets the hotel down. The entertainment that they did have was so so poor, that we were forced to go to other establishments for after dinner dinks, coffee etc., or... go on the internet (cheap and very fast broadband in pleasant are.) The hotel loses a GREAT deal of revenue by failing with entertainment !!! "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of January 2011

No Way is This a 4 Star Hotel

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel, where to begin? It advertises a indoor pool, spa, wellness centre, squash, fitness centre....Well, the indoor pool is undergoing refurbishment, I don't know where they have hidden the squah court, the fitness cnetre was a joke ....broken machines, no instructions & no staff....
The food was repetitive, very poor quality...the choice of breakfast cereal was extremely poor. It just din't add up to the quality and choice you pay to have in a 4 star hotel.

It's sad to have to write such a poor report as this hotel is in a prime position. But it needs updating - and fast, more staff....you were definately served quicker at the bar if you were spanish. The overall quality of this hotel at best may warrant a 3 star ...on a good day."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

Pool music so loud!

Reviewed Fri 31st of July 2009

"All nearly ok...a last minute (5 days ahead) booking to join our family who were already there. But we had to leave the hotel pool every morning at 11am because the music was so loud we could not relax...we are not fuddyduddies!! It really is so loud and its 1960s disco/ymca/connie francis/donnna summer reubbish...why not something more contemporary?? Rooms are spacious and location is great...but it really does need a major refurbishment...do not walk on the bedroom carpets without shoes/flipflops...you may catch something! Playa Blanca is great...I would go again...but I would self cater and control the standard of everything."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

Hesperia Playa Dorada Hotel

Reviewed Tue 21st of April 2009

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay in this hotel and having read the previous reviews, we were disappointed with the standard of the rooms and food in this hotel. It is rated as a four star but the evening meal was poor and in our view was adequate only for 3 star rating. Food was plentiful but cheap cuts of meat and food hygiene was questionable. Felt that that food was thrown at you rather than served.

The hotel is in urgent need of renovation and updating. Rooms are spacious and very clean, but need urgent updating to justify the price tag. The staff at reception speak poor English and are not as patient or helpful as they could be, especially with the English! Indifferent attitude we felt. You also have to pay to use the indoor pool - 5 Euros + you have to pay 3 Euros for a shower cap. Very expensive and not worth it.

Location of the hotel is superb and cannot be faulted, pool layout very good but again needs updating and bringing upto 4 star standard. One big downside we found staying over Easter was the very LOUD music played by the enertainment team around the pool, totally spoilt the peaceful and quiet ambience and yes, we did complain. Kids club was excellent however, despite the need to play loud music for 6 year olds!!

Unless you get a good deal price wise, I would think carefully before booking this hotel. Playa Blanca is a good all-round resort and we would return but not to the Hesperia.

• Travel date: Tue 21st of April 2009

Christmas 2008

Reviewed Sun 4th of January 2009

"My wife and I have just returned from a wonderfull 2 weeks in Playa Blanca.
The hotel Playa dorado is Quite a good hotel but does not warrant the £2500 price we payed for this holiday. The Christmas and new year dinners were excellent but most of the other meals were not very good. Someone should show them how to fry an egg and how to cook bacon would be a start! Evening meals well...If you like cool soup,chips,vegatables, tough meat etc. then you will be happy The hotel itself although probably fine in summer is very cold in winter, strong winds
in the corridors (no heating of corse) and the roof leaks badly when it rains.
Our first impression of the hotel was not very good either, at check-in they demanded 100 euro deposit or credit card numbers, 'in case we damaged something' Many others checking in complained about this too, The holiday was payed for in full and there is nothing in the brochure about this.
Location of the hotel is first class, but we will try a different one next time we go to Playa Blanca."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of January 2009

It was my first time to Lanzarote & I lo...

Reviewed Thu 17th of July 2008

"It was my first time to Lanzarote & I loved it! It was very pretty and most of the locals were very friendly. Playa Blanca was really nice with lots of bars and shops. The main bars by the sea were lively and busy but not full of loud groups so is good for couples. The port was very pretty with some really nice restuarants for a quieter night out.

The Playa Dorada hotel was amazing! It was very clean and our room was very big & well equiped. The bar staff were very friendly and accomodating. The pool area was nice & spacious & again very clean. I will def be going again!

The only very small downside is that most other guests are spanish & german but there was plenty of sunbeds for everyone!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

First time with travel republic and was...

Reviewed Thu 13th of March 2008

"First time with travel republic and was impressed with overall efficiency of the company. Flights left on time, hotel was good, eventually managed to get a super room looiing over the beach and harbour. Room 2123, go for it!

The one issue I have with travel republic is the private taxi reservations. They are well overpriced, so I would suggest wait until you get to Arrecife and take an airport taxi, 30% cheaper. Also our reserved return taxi was over an hour late which meant us just catching our return flight. We are both over 60 so our little hearts were under some stress which is not a good way to end a holiday. One other thing the taxi drivers think they are Grand Prix drivers so hang on!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of March 2008

We have stayed at the Playa Dorada twice...

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2008

"We have stayed at the Playa Dorada twice in the last 4 years and both times have been quite impressed with the Hotel.

The place is scrupulously clean and the atmosphere is quiet and efficient. Food is plentiful and well cooked and the public rooms are central and well frequented.

The staff could be a little friendlier, although they are perfectly polite and efficient. Our rooms have been clean and well decorated and we have never had any trouble with noise or crowds. Sunbeds are always available, at least in the winter season.

The pool area is very attractive, and the food in the outside areas is good. The position in the resort is convenient, with a rear exit onto the promenade.

The new Marina area is fairly near, and the main village is a pleasant stroll away, either along the sea front or down the main road. We have been to Playa Blanca quite a few times and we consider the Playa Dorada to be a good quality, relatively good value compared to some of the large hotels in the resort.

Playa Blanca is a quiet resort on the whole, more suited to couples of all ages than to young parties or even to families, unless there are kids' clubs in the hotels, but it is an attractive resort with a very long seafront and 3 beaches.

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Returned to Playa Blanca this year after...

Reviewed Wed 13th of June 2007

"Returned to Playa Blanca this year after 3 years. While I was impressed with the development of the new marina and surroundings, I still found this part of Lanzarote quiet charming.

Playa Blanca is a beautiful part of this island and the right place if one wants to have a relaxing holiday. The sea front has a walk way of approx 4 kilometres which runs from the new marina to the town. The new marina consist of up market stores placed neatly among the old features of the area. It also includes a mixture of restaurants.

On Wednesday and Saturday a market selling local wine and gifts to all the holiday gifts take up the centre square. To walk to the town takes about twenty minutes along the eloquent walk way.

Along the way there are a number of little cocktail bars which during the day serve light food and beverages. These are popular places at night in which people relax to have a drink and view the beautiful night views of the area.

In the town there are many restaurants most which have a sea view. All serve meals till approx 11 pm at night. One of the most popular is the El Varadero which serves anything from local fish to pizza or even steak.

A typical 2 course steak meal will cost approx 50 euro and this would include a bottle of wine and some beers. One big plus that all these restaurant have is that they are all wheelchair accessible.

The Playa Dorada hotel is one of the finest in this region. It consist of 3 main pools and a side pool area away from the main pool for relaxation. her are plenty of sun beds available. At the back of the pool area there is access to the walk way.

This also lets you access the main beach area. Food and meals are excellent and service quick and fast. Al meal are self service and evening meal is served in two restaurants.

Rooms are spacious and all have a good view of the area.

Already planning on returning next year.

Big plus for this area are
1. Ease of access for wheelchair people.
2. Day trip ferry to Fuerteventura.
3. Ideal for relaxation

Concerns.
1. Entering the water from the beach can be tricky. Underfoot can be very up and down and one can find themselves out of their depth very quickly."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

A est in the sun.r

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Spent two very enjoyable weeks at the Playa Dorada. The rooms were very comfortable and serviced on a daily basis, the restaurant was excellent with a very good selection available. All staff members were friendly and helpful, the evening entertainment was of a high standard and the days activities were well organised by Sara and the team. I would without doubt return again."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Hotels near Hesperia Playa Dorada

Top traveller tips for Hesperia Playa Dorada

• A Boakes by A Boakes

"Good all round family resort with a superb beach. "

• A Boakes by A Boakes

"The marina and promendade for walking "

• allenangles by allenangles

"Las Brisas restaurant, easily the best "

• adamsfamily by adamsfamily

"Go to Playa Blanca but stay at a different hotel "

• retired californian hoteliers in their late sixties by retired californian hoteliers in their late sixties

"Relax and enjoy the hotel, grounds, pool, location and the lovely walks from hotel along beachside "

• Michelle R by Michelle R

"go on a trip to the island of la graciosa, go by coach then ferry. tickets bought at vendor by the ferry terminal. you get to see a lot of lanzarote "

Hesperia Playa Dorada is also called