Simplemente H10 Lanzarote Princess

About H10 Lanzarote Princess

The recently renovated H10 Lanzarote Princess Hotel offers a relaxing stay for you and your family in one of Lanzarote’s most desirable areas, Playa Blanca. Ideal for low-key, but fun getaways, the four star hotel resort comes with plenty of swimming pool space, activities, and a choice of well-appointed rooms. Located 40kms from Arrecife, Lanzarote’s capital, you’ll be close enough that you can be there quickly, but far away that you’ll feel as if you’re in your very own world, away from the hustle and bustle found in more touristy areas. The hotel has 6 restaurants, bars, and cafes to choose from, so you’ll always be able to find a dish that appeals to you. You can also keep healthy and active during your holiday; there’ll be no need to shed those holiday pounds after a week or fun activities, which include water polo, volleyball, and aerobics. There’s also a gym available for those that want to really get a workout, while the sauna is the perfect way to refresh yourself before heading back to the sun loungers for a day of sunning yourself.

Room Information and Room Facilities

The rooms of the H10 Lanzarote Princess Hotel come with plenty of features as standard to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Recently refurbished in a chic, modern style, the rooms include Wi-Fi, a flat screen television with international channels, as well as a writing desk, safe, and mini-fridge. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with a view of the mountain, swimming pool, or gardens. Holidaymakers can choose from a range of room choices, including basic, double, superior, privilege superior, or suite. The suites come with a furnished balcony, and air conditioning for added comfort. There’s also a number of boarding options, too, to further personalise your trip; you can select Bed and Breakfast, Half Board, or treat yourself to the All Inclusive option and have everything you need catered for.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

There’s always something to do at the H10 Lanzarote Princess Hotel. Whether it’s taking a dip in one of the two on-site pools, practicing your skills during a Tai Chi lesson, or practicing your Spanish, you’re sure to find an activity that becomes your passion for the length of your stay. Some activities just encourage a group activity, be it a family or a couple. Mini-golf is one of them. See who can get the most holes in one — the loser gets thrown in the pool! The gorgeous island of Lanzarote seems as good a place as any to try a game of boules, so give it a go and see how you fare. In the evening, you can let others do the entertaining by visiting the stylishly decorated Vintage Bar, which features live music.

Food and Drink Options

With three restaurants and just as many bars and cafes, you won’t have to travel too far to have a different experience for each meal. The two primary restaurants are Yaiza Restaurant, a buffet restaurant that features show cooking, and Sakura Restaurant, the stylish, Asian inspired a la carte restaurant. When you’re after more casual food, head to the poolside La Choza Restaurant for a delicious snack. In the evening, guests can head on over to Stylish Bar for some live music; the bar is open until 1am. Alternatively, the Coco Loco Bar is open for afternoon and early evening drinks, and is located at the swimming pool. If you’re after something a little different, then Mike’s Coffee should be your first stop. The conventional, stylish coffeehouse has teas, coffee, and cakes to keep you going.

Good

Do not believe what you are reading!

Reviewed 18th August 2016

"These reviews are all old ones - we stayed in May 2016 and the hotel has been fully renovated to a very high standard - the food was excellent, varied and appetizing . The Sakura restaurant was superb ! It is excellent if traveling with disabled family members as it is access all areas The staff were excellent and could not be more accommodating no matter what you asked for. I would recommend this hotel to all age groups as there is something for everyone Going back in October!!!"

• Travel date: 11th August 2016

A disappointing Lanzarote experience at the H10 Lanzarote Princess hotel

Reviewed 25th September 2012

"With bags packed and the promise from Thomson holidays of a memorable holiday at the Lanzarote Princess hotel we eagerly trek our way to Doncaster Robin Hood airport for our flight to Lanzarote, this is a wonderful small airport, very clean and very efficient. Our bags checked, and in the airport lounge we await our flight via Thomson airlines. Everything is going well flight on time and we arrive in Lanzarote airport and locate our transfer to the hotel, the transfer is around 40 mins so when we arrived at the hotel it was around 10-45pm on Sunday the 9/9/2012, so far so good, we check in and are given keys for our two rooms , 2057 and 2058 these are situated on the second floor of the hotel and are meant to be adjoining rooms next door to each other. Keys in hand reception inform us there is food waiting in the dining room for us as our first meal of our package deal, this was a welcome gesture as it had been a long afternoon and a spot of supper before bed sounded really good so of to the dining room before going to our rooms with my partner and two children we eagerly trek. The meal laid on was not quite what we ever imagined it could be, it was in the form of a buffet and quite obviously this was food left over from the earlier evenings meal. The buffet consisted of hard bread that would make great construction material for any building project, dried and curling meats that would make great patching for any leather couch with a rip, and cheese that would put any rubber power ball to shame. As you can probably appreciate the appeal of this was less than appetising so we decided to head for our rooms. Up to the second floor we wearily head, only to find that the two rooms we have booked are not next to each other, we are located on the corner apex of the hotel with a lift shaft and staff room between the two rooms. Being tired and late we decide to head to bed, I look around the room to try and find some water to drink, but there is none available , I thought housekeeping had missed this so I decide to head to bed and raise these issues in the morning. Morning comes and where up bright and early ready to start our holiday, we decide to grab breakfast first, for those of you who maybe contemplating staying here the food leaves quite a lot to be desired, the bacon at breakfast resembles meat from an anaemic fat over weight pig with the meat content at a 10/1 ratio with the fat, the sausages bounce and require expert stone mason skills to cut them and the overall heat of the mass produced offering is lukewarm at best, but I have to give the hotel one thing, they were consistent in this offering all week, but as most seasoned travellers like myself know, when we are hungry enough we will at times eat paltry food just to fill the void in our bellies. Over breakfast I had an interesting conversation with another gentleman traveller staying here at the hotel, and his comments were quite colourful and graphic regarding the food and the lack of basic amenities like fresh drinking water. From my conversation it transpires that if you are staying half board like ourselves basic amenities like drinking water are not available and I confirmed this later on during our stay, and I will explain this a little more later. Despite being disappointed with breakfast I did enjoy the conversation with the gentleman traveller as his way of describing the service he had received and his comparison to the time he had spent in Wormwood Scrubs at her Majesty's the queens request (Prison) added humour to breakfast. He pointed out that while in prison he could get fresh drinking water at any time he required it (I have to paraphrase this part he said because it kind of gave me a giggle, " without being ripped a new a*** and bled dry"). At this stage I thought he was possibly being over harsh on the hotel so I put it aside and headed for reception. This is now where the whole experience starts to go rapidly downhill. I required the use of the safe in our room as any traveller knows, a safe place for your passport and money is a must, reception was busy so I decided to leave the questions of the water and our rooms until we had everything safely put away and attended the Thomson meeting so I could meet our rep and raise not just the issue about drinking water but the other issue we found when we looked out our window for our pool view. We initially had booked rooms with a pool view only to find the view we had resembled that of a micro rainforest that obscures any views of the pool or sea. Reception obliged with a key for the safe and subsequently charged me for the privilege which was fine, so back to the room to put all our valuables away, key in safe and it won't turn, so I think to myself I must be having mental blockage , my PHD In Electronics design obviously didn't cover the insertion of a key into a lock and turning it, so just to make sure I re-read the safe instructions to make sure there were no funky design quirks to inserting a key in the safe, sure enough my reading skills confirmed I was performing this operation correctly, so back down to reception and the lady confirmed I had been given the wrong key. (For those of you that are contemplating staying at this hotel please bear in mind that some of the rooms are a long walk from reception and the corridors do not all have effective air conditioning) Feeling relieved that my intellect was still intact, back I head back with the new key, arrive at room, insert key in safe and guess what, it won't turn. Back down to reception again and starting to feel a tad frustrated, the lady on reception promises to get someone to come to the room to resolve it and asks me to go back to the room and wait. An hour passes and still no one comes, so I call reception, and the lady tells me I have to go down to reception again to book someone to come to the room, I explain to her that I had already done that and she insists that I return to reception and bring my key for the safe. Get down to reception again with my frustration level somewhat elevated, the lady asks to look at my key and then informs me I have the wrong key for the safe in my room and then gives me another key, of I go, mumbling profanities under my breath and feeling somewhat hot and bothered, get back to my room and the key still does not work. At this time I now resemble the look of a beet root with steam emitting from various orifices, back down to reception and with a firmer approach I express disdain at the morning events and she assures me that the matter will be resolved and someone will be in my room with me shortly, half an hour later a member of staff turns up at the room only to inform me the safe is fine and then gives me the correct key. The long and short of this is that this episode took up all Monday morning and by the time it was resolved lunch was being served, I missed the meeting with our appointed Thomson rep, lost the whole morning, was frustrated by the whole event and did not receive an apology from any member of staff, I found some of the reception staff abrupt and discourteous, and I had still not been able to resolve the issues of our rooms or the lack of fresh drinking water. With the first half of my day wasted I decided to leave the issue of the rooms and spend time with my partner and family and take this up with reception the next day. Tuesday morning approach reception and I am abruptly told that the issue of the rooms has to be addressed by our Thomson rep, so I explain to reception I was unable to do this because of the incident with the safe and requested if they could contact the rep for me. They refused to do so and said I would have to contact him myself, they would not even give me contact details for him. I then brought up the issue of no fresh drinking water, I pointed out that in every hotel I have stayed in all over the world drinking water has always been made available free of charge, they informed me that this is not the H10 policy unless you are fully inclusive. Travellers who are contemplating using either Thomson or any of the H10 group hotels should bear this in mind as this was not explained when we booked the holiday, there are no facilities here in the hotel such as vending machines or room service after 12-00am to get water or other beverages, at best if your lucky you may be able to beg water from staff at reception if your lucky, also there are no facilities for keeping water or other drinks cool in your rooms unless you pay extra for a fridge, and drinks within the hotel are extortionate, I will give one example, a 200 ml bottle of Coke will cost 2.40 euro, if you go out of the hotel a normal sized 330ml bottle will cost 1-10 euro. One of the problems with the island is that you cannot drink the tap water here as it is desalinated water and not fresh, because the temperatures here regularly get 30 c and above, the hotel are holding people to ransom and creating a health and safety risk factor to the guests. I decide to look around the hotel and ask various guests if they have seen the Thomson rep, I locate the desk for Thomson in the foyer but are unable to find our rep and after speaking with my partner we decide to try and make the best of the holiday and take the issues up with Thomson on our return. One of our reasons for booking half board rather than full was not to be tied to the hotel for all our meals as we wanted to go exploring the island, so we did this Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday and for all you people reading this there are some really neat places to see and I would recommend the camel rides and visit to the volcano park. Wednesday we had a full day of sight seeing and returned to our hotel room around 11-00pm, totally wiped out but really enjoyed the day out. We instate ourselves in bed and get settled but at 12-30 loud music starts playing from the staff room next to our room with various young men and women frolicking with each other, some only partially clothed, this continued until after 2-30am. Some of you may ask how do I know they were partially clothed, well the staff room has a window that faces directly onto our balcony that had no curtains drawn and the window open. I decide to go down to reception to inform them and try to get a drink from the night staff who did kindly give me a glass of water, there were no management available so Thursday morning I asked to speak to someone in management and was introduced to Erik one of the managers. I explained the evenings issues with the staff room and initially he denied there was even a room between ours and it took for him to look at a map of the hotel to even accept this, he promised he would look into this and could I see him the next morning. Friday came and my meeting with Erik did not materialise as Erik was not available, however I did manage to catch Erik later in the morning and Erik confirmed that staff had been present in the staff room and he did apologise verbally for there actions and assured me it would not happen again. I decided to raise some of the other issues with Erik but his interest in them was blaze at best and he did not want to even offer a formal written apology or a formal complaint form for the hotel, at this point I decided to text the Thomson Travel Buddy helpline. This was listed on our holiday information (82345 helpline text number), I explained where we were staying and requested that they get our rep to contact us, this was at 1-45pm, they informed me that our rep was unavailable as it was our reps day off, however they did give me our reps name (Dean), I spent all afternoon and 7 text messages for them to agree to get Dean to contact me when he was back on duty at 6-45pm that evening in the hotel. I decided to wait in the hotel foyer from 6-30pm as I had made a surprise dinner reservation for my partner at a local restaurant for 8-0pm, I waited until 7-25 pm and had received no contact from Dean and decided to text the helpline again, I received no reply from the helpline and decided to sit at the Thomson desk in the foyer of the hotel and at 7-45pm Dean turned up at the desk, I asked Dean why he had not contacted me and he informed me that he had not been asked to contact me, however while I was chatting with him he did receive a call from the helpline people and he confirmed, that was the first contact they had made with him regarding my texts, and the facts contained within them about the issues I had with the hotel, (copies of all my texts to the helpline are available for anyone who would like to read them as well as photos to support the context of all of this text). Dean did explain to me that the helpline can text him at any time even when he is of duty but they failed to do this. I outlined the major and further minor issues (broken chairs with sharp edges around the pool area and in the pool bar that could easily collapse or slice peoples legs, if they brush against them with bare skin, the poor food quality, lack of cleanliness regarding discarded cigarette butts because of the lack of ashtrays, crumbling masonry on certain exterior areas of the hotel and turned up edges of rugs within the bar area that I had seen 3 people stumble over), to Dean and he then went to speak with Erik ( Management on duty). After speaking with Eric he returned and then asked me to join him and Erik at reception, Erik confirmed and verbally apologised for the issues I had raised but was still adamant blaming his management for the lack of basics like water for anyone who did not book full board (all inclusive). By the time we had concluded this meeting it was past 8-30pm and I had missed our dinner reservation, both my partner and I were thoroughly disheartened and we ordered room service for her children and decided to hit bed. Saturday Morning ( early hours ) 12-30am staff start using the staff room next to our room and wake us again, (at least they didn't play the loud music this time) this continued until 2-00am when they finally left the staff room. I again complained to the front desk and texted the Thomson help line asking for Dean our rep to contact us, only to be told that he would not be available until Sunday at 10-30 am. Sunday ( Last day of our holiday) , we pack and are ready to go, we meet up with Dean our rep and he takes a couple of photos of the chairs in the pool bar and apologises for all the hassle we have had and suggests we put in a further formal complaint on our return to the UK. We put our luggage in the storage area and wait for our bus for the airport, the hotel offer us a courtesy room to shower in prior to our return journey which was much appreciated, as we had to vacate our room by 12 and our bus didn't arrive until 6-45 pm. We only had use of the courtesy room for 30 mins from 6pm to 6-30pm but this would have been long enough to get a quick shower. We collect our key from reception head to the room only to find that the hotel has added the final insult to injury. The room they sent us to was filthy and disgusting, crisps all over the floor, bins full of dirty nappies, used towels strewn all over, even the bidet in the the bathroom was full of dirty towels with the bath and sink covered in shaved pubic hairs. We decided at this point not to shower as we felt that we would have come out with a serious hygiene issue. At this stage we decided to just leave and head home. To summarise the experience of this holiday, we feel Thomson and the management of the hotel have let us down badly, up to now we have had no response from Thomson regarding our complaint. The sad thing about this is that with good management and a little tlc at the hotel, the hotel could be a fantastic place to stay. It is situated in an ideal location and with a little work on the hotel it could be made into a 4 star hotel and not the current 2 star that I feel it is. Thomson holidays need to rectify the problems with their helpline and instruct their staff not to blatantly lie to people who contact them when they have a problem, we all know that occasionally things go wrong and we can accept this when people take responsibility and make amends. "

• Travel date: 25th September 2012

H10 Lanzarote Princess

Reviewed 29th May 2012

"My husband and I returned from an 8 day break at this hotel in May 2012. Initial impressions were that of disappointment as the reception area looked a little dated. However, our room, the food, the sunbeds and foam mattresses, the location were absolutely fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone. I have only scored an eight as there were some renovations taking place but this was not a complete rebuild so was not problematic for us."

• Travel date: 26th May 2012

Single traveller

Reviewed 22nd April 2012

"I spent a week in the Lanzarote Princess at the beginning of April 2012. I was there last March and returned to the same hotel because of it's central location. It is a perfect location for easy access to Playa Blanca, the beach and also the lovely promenade walk which takes you towards the Marina with it's designer shops and restaurants and then on along the cliff top walk towards Papagayo. My room was on the 3rd floor and was one of the refurbished ones. It overlooked the front of the hotel and had a stunning view of the mountains affording a beautiful variety of colours as the sky changed from dawn to dusk. Much more pleasant than a pool view. The pool area had all new sun beds which were very comfortable and plenty of them - although amazingly that didnt stop people reserving beds!! I was half board and the food was excellent and plenty of variety - even more choice than last year. The chef cooked steak, chicken and fish to order each night as well as there being a chef served roast - this on top of the many cooked meats and fsh at the buffet. The salads were also varied and tasty. I found I didnt need to eat out at lunchtime as there was so much food at breakfast and dinner. Staff were continually on hand to deal with any issues and attended very quickly. I noticed a family arriving with a child who obviously had food allergies - the chef , head waiter and manager accompanied the family around the whole buffet to discuss the suitability of the food etc. Nothing was too much trouble. All in all I had a lovely time. Yes there a bits of the hotel which look a bit tired but they are continually working to upgrade. Is it a 4 star - some might say not if they compare it to 4 star at home but I would rate it certainly more 4 star than 3 definitely. I think though a fridge in the room should be standard for a 4 star however it only works out at 2.50 Euro per day to hire. The daily towel change for the pool is great and although it is 15 Euro at the start you do get that back on departure. Would I return yes most definitely. "

• Travel date: 22nd April 2012

A nearly perfect holiday

Reviewed 6th July 2011

"We liked this hotel and we don't usually write reviews but felt that some very negative reports gave a wrong impression . If we had to find fault then the usual 'towel tossers ' were there in force 'reserving ' their place in the sun . The strange arrangement for the evening meal where you had to queue to get your drinks ticket regardless of whether you planned to have drinks also the evening meal was late at 7 pm onwards . The hotel staff were helpful and our room was clean and kept clean . The food was very good and we found a good selection at all times . The hotel location was great , close to the main shopping area and near to some bars , supermarkets etc . The Thompson rep was the best we've ever had even if he was one of the youngest ! We had a good holiday and we hope to return to this hotel next year ."

• Travel date: 5th July 2011

Loved Lanzarote, Hated H10 Lanzarote Princess

Reviewed 16th May 2011

"I have always used review sites but never written a review but after our experience in the H10 Lanzarote Princess I felt the need to let everyone know exactly what the hotel is like The Room. 2 single beds and a bed settee for our 2 yr daughter (Not what you want for a married couple). The patio door did not lock. This a security risk and with a 2 yr old in the room it was a safety risk. The hotel put a bottle of cava in the room on arrival, for my birthday, but it had obviously been there all day because the ice had melted and the bottle was warm. Both the toilet and the bidet were not fixed to the floor. The bath handle had its cover hanging off which was sharp and also exposed the screws beneath. By way of an apology from the hotel for the room problems that we had on arrival they offered us the facility to keep our room on the final day of the holiday and instead of checking out at 12pm we would be able to stay in it until our departure at 5.40pm. On the day of departure we were told to get out of our room at midday. The Hotel. On our corridor there were two broken plug sockets with wires hanging out. The stair rails in the main reception were loose and my mother in law nearly took a fall on the first day. In the outside restaurant late in the afternoon it was often full of pigeons and other birds. I have a wheat and gluten allergy and we had been assured that on arrival I would be given a dietary advice sheet and information with regards to who I could see about which foods were suitable for me, this did not happen. Sun beds. Not only was there a distinct lack of them but also a large quantity of them were broken and dangerous. If you werent up by 7.30am then you didnt get a bed. Gym. Looked like it hadnt been used for years Tennis Court. Looked like a bombed runway from Iraq. I dont think Tim Henman will be training there. The issues that we have are all with the hotel but its the tour operator (in this case Thomsons) that are supposed to make sure that the hotels are up to standard and that the clients are treated correctly but I am afraid in this case and more specifically with this hotel they failed. This hotel is tired and badly in need of refurbishment but it seems that they are trying to refurbish while keeping the hotel open and this is just not possible. As well as service issues there are also health and safety issues which you cannot ignore if it means that your customers are being put at risk. This was not the holiday that we booked and paid for and we feel like we have wasted over £3000, we would have never booked this hotel if we had known what it was going to be like. "

• Travel date: 14th May 2011

Excelllent

Reviewed 14th April 2011

"We have just returned for a week there... it was our first holiday with out 16 month old daughter and we were a bit apprehensive but all worries and concerns were put to bed straight away. The place is immaculate, the rooms and the public areas. We had one of the refurbished rooms which was great, we had a pool view and were quite a bit away form the main reception. The bathroom was spotless - we had taken the anti bac wipes as you do - and came back with them. Meal times were great, there is plenty of choice for everyone - soups, salads, carvery, sweets, cooked breakfasts - we really could fault it, the staff were friendly and always helpful, and we always managed to get a high chair, and when it was busy we were shown to a table. The evening enetertainment was great for the kids - they had the same songs every night but it was great to see the kids by the end of the week singing away to the songs, our daughter loved it, and loved Daisy. The pool was freezing but always clean, and there was always beds. the towel and mattress service was a great help meaning we could keep changing our towels. Would definately go back "

• Travel date: 14th April 2011

been 3 times but never again !

Reviewed 1st September 2010

"we used to love this hotel, now it is TERRIBLE, is it new management ? The restaurant is a disgrace, food cold, cutlery dirty, plates even had food already on them from night before. The hotel is also grossly understaffed.we spoke to numerous people who had been before but all said the same the hotel has really gone down hill over the last few years. such a shame"

• Travel date: 29th August 2010

Hygiene from Hell

Reviewed 6th April 2010

"Unfortunately we stayed at the Princess for one week last summer, having stayed on three previous occasions without any problems, we were looking forward to a great holiday. After returning from breakfast, middle of the week, I found the maid still cleaning our room, and frankly I wish I hadnt! I watched her put the cleaning brush down the toilet to clean the pan, then clean the sink and bath with the same brush! I was horrified. Obviously, that brush had also been down everyone elses toilets as well. I will never be able to stay in another hotel again, next time its a villa for us. Health hazard or what. Absolutely disgusting."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2010

Great Hotel!

Reviewed 30th July 2009

"Just got back from a 2 week stay at the Lanzarote Princess and we had a fantastic time. We are a young couple and we stayed half board which we have not done before. Breakfast was great only downfall is they do not have proper sausages they are the Frankfurt ones, they do cheese and ham fresh toasties and they make you omelettes of your choice right in front of you. You also have the option of juices free of charge and champagne! when I read the reviews I was worried with regards to the wind that everyone would go on about but it is an absolute god send and you are so great full of it, it was reaching 40 degrees so the wind let you sit in it for longer. The food at night was nice but after a week it tends to repeat itself as it does everywhere so we ate out most nights on the 2nd week. Good places to eat out are- Jasmine Chinese restaurant this was amazing and really cheap and the waiter was lovely. Lanis Steakhouse which was down the harbour to the left of the resort, food here was great and you get pints of coke where as most places they are the small bottles. The restaurant is not strict on what you wear in there as stated in other reviews, my partner wore shorts most nights and a vest. Playa Blanca is a lovely resort however it is fairly quiet so we have said if we go again we would stay in Puerto Del Carmen which is a bit more lively and full of shops with a big shopping centre, you can get the bus here for 4.80 euro each return but the last bus is at 10pm, taxis are 60 euro return so you are quite far away. Pool area was lovely, pool can get dirty but it’s mainly just the leaves or flowers from the trees around the pool. We stayed in one of the new refurbished rooms and they were so modern with a 20 inch plasma tv that you can watch free of charge. I would try to get one of the end rooms as they seem to have massive balconies with your own sun loungers rather than just a table and chairs. would recommend this hotel to anyone from families with young children as they do so much to keep them occupied, to the elderly, or young couples if you are not overly interested the nightclub scene. "

• Travel date: 30th July 2009

H10 Lanzarote Princess.Lanzarote

Reviewed 7th July 2009

"Just had a week at Lanz Princess H10.First time in years we went half board normally go self cater,anyway here we go.Soon as we arrived the smiles with hand out started,so took while to acclimatise to this.Rooms were spacious and very clean,as some other reviews pointed out still seems refurbishment is ongoing,our beds and room were better than the childrens but not a problem.On subject of rooms beds made tidied almost every day towels changed when you left in bath,maids very friendly always said Hello. The restaurant is spacious which enforces a no shorts or vests rule for men at evening meal(shorts below the knees are acceptable) Staff not very happy friendly (unless you speak Spanish ).If you time it wrong its like feeding time at the zoo,most of the food is good always something you can survive on if you are fussy eaters as we are, we did fine you can go back and get as much as want ,pancakes are fabulous. Always seemed to be sunbeds available even though people got up early and put towels on sunbeds before going in for breakfast,well organised activities for kids during the day. Evening entetainment by staff was shocking ,mimeing to cd,s was poor but lots of bars within 5 minutes walk to get live entertainment,fabulous views across the road towards Fuetaventura All in all not bad realy We would go back and would recommend to anyone who wants a queit base /resort."

• Travel date: 6th July 2009

Lovely Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 18th May 2009

"Returned yesterday from a really nice week at the Lanzarote Princess, Playa Blanca. If you were being picky, the hotel could probably do with a bit of an update in a couple of areas but generally speaking it is very spacious and clean with efficient staff and an excellant position within the resort. We were really chuffed with our room which had a pool view, balcony, sitting area and ensuite - with a bath! Extremely spacious, nicely furnished and excellant daily maid service. I think that we probably got lucky and landed a family room but either way, it was probably one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed in for quite some time. A couple of areas where the Lanzarote Princess could defo improve is with the evening entertainment and the evening meals. We were half board at the hotel and although breakfast was nice, dinner was a bit of a strange mix most nights. Possibly down to the sheer number of people and trying to cater for varying tastes.... did note some vegetarians tucking into a plate of mash potato with chips one evening due to the lack of variety though! The evening entertainment is just dire unfortunately. They started fairly well with an Abba tribute band but it went badly down hill with Grease Night. Anyone who was there would smile knowingly at this bit! Needless to say the room emptied fairly quickly and the entertainers in question kept their heads down the following day! Hey Ho! Good job that Playa Blanca is such a lovely resort with enough to keep you busy all day and into the evenings! Its probably not for the young, funky brigade but it is ideal for couples and families. Extremely pretty resort split into two areas, namely the Old Town and Marina Rubicon. Lanzarote Princess is over the road from the middle of the costal walkway that connects the two areas, probably a 2 mile walk from one end to the other but well worth it. The walkway is also lined with small shops for mooching purposes!! Playa Blanca beach is literally over the road and down a slight hill - less than 5 minutes walk. If you get chance to hire a car, its definately worth travelling around the island. There are two sets of caves on the north east of the island. Jameos Del Agua is the one that is advertised the most but less than a kilometer up the road, is another set of caves which are just fantastic. Worth a visit more so than Jameos but there is a fair amount of walking and steps involved. We are defo not the fittest but we got round ok and enjoyed it! Also worth mentioning is the National Park, Papagayo Beach and the markets at Marina Rubicon and Teguise. Teguise is well worth a visit whether the market is on or not - lovely village. The island is really easy to navigate around but wouldn't think that you would need any more than 4 days to discover the whole island! On a whole, had a good holiday, nice hotel and fond memories! "

• Travel date: 15th May 2009
  • ...

Hotels near H10 Lanzarote Princess

Top traveller tips for H10 Lanzarote Princess

• by Brodie21

"Book the Sakura restaurant"

• by Clive D

"Take fresh water with you"

• by Simpsons

"great location for buggies as you can walk stright over the road and you are on the sea front"

• by steroid

"if you value your holidays don,t go here"

• by Traumatised Clean Freak

"Beautiful location, but stay at a different hotel!"

• by Hannah

"Lanis and Jasmine chinese"

• by tramshunter

"Quiet . Smashing views"

• by Miss S Hitchen

"Very pretty resort ideal for couples and families. Beautiful beach"

• by Laura09

"Beautiful landscape and atmosphere"

H10 Lanzarote Princess is also called