About Caybeach Sun

If you’re looking for an appealing resort in the Playa Blanca area of Lanzarote, the Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun could be the ideal selection to make. Designed to appeal to those looking for an affordable yet fun-packed family holiday, the hotel has a range of appealing apartments that provide you with more room than the average hotel room.
With a journey from the airport at Arrecife taking around half an hour to complete, you won’t be on the road for long before arriving to check in. Then you’ll be free to start enjoying the many facilities at this three-star venue.
The resort also benefits from its location not far from the beach, so if you want a change from the pool you can always wander down to the sands nearby. Everything is within easy reach of your apartment so when you need to shop for supplies or simply take a look at the local attractions, you’ll find the whole thing easier than you might think.
Of course, you also have the option to hire a car to check out the nearby water park (ideal for kids of all ages!).

Room Information and Room Facilities

The Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun provides you with either one- or two-bedroom apartments depending on your requirements. If you’re on the ground floor you can enjoy a private terrace, while those on upper floors get their own private balcony. You’ll also benefit from having your own kitchen – ideal if you want to self-cater and perfect for those midnight snacks or preparing coffees to kick-start the day!
Every apartment is bright, fresh and engaging – just the place to base your stay. The large windows can be opened out to let in the fresh air, and you’ll be happy to enjoy some quiet time there if you’d prefer to escape the pool for a while. Your terrace or balcony might offer the perfect retreat while the kids are enjoying their own entertainment.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

The Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun has plenty to keep you busy. There are two generously-sized outdoor pools with a third in the wellness centre, also on-site. There is plenty to see and do for both adults and kids; for example the kids’ club will entertain the young ones, leaving the adults free to indulge in a Jacuzzi or perhaps just relax in the sun for a while.
The kids’ pool is dedicated just to them, with a number of slides and challenges for them to face. They’ll love it so much you might find it tricky to drag them away!
On the other hand if you want to get out of the sun while they’re in the kids’ club, you could always try the gym with its various items of equipment, or simply do some lazy lengths in that pool.

Food and Drink Options

You won’t go hungry at this resort. The restaurant provides a generous buffet spread at both breakfast and dinner, while you can always find a nice snack for lunch if you’re lazing around the pool area. There’s a snack bar available as well as a pool bar, so you can always find the right thing to eat or drink.
Of course with the appeal of Playa Blanca right on the doorstep, you also have the chance to visit local shops and try out some of the appealing restaurants outside the hotel itself. You won’t have far to go and you might even have a chance to eat dinner while looking out over the beach and the ocean. All in all, the Aparthotel Cay Beach Sun offers everything you could want in the culinary sense.

Good

Would only go back self catering, as hotel nice , just lack of choice in food

Reviewed 11 months ago

"Hotel nice , just need extra staff , as food runs out and no one replaces it . The poor staff run from restaurant to bars day and night , but are still pleasant . Carolina especially friendly , helpful . No entertainment in day , face painting starts at 9 , then 3 to 4 songs for kids same ones each night , most nights something else on later but rarely happens , we paid 14 nights ate out most nights , the sports bar was not open once for drinks how you supposed to watch football having to go to another bar for drinks , then have to wait for staff there !! , We met several people saying the same as us friendly staff , nice hotel and situation, just bad management."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2018

the worst holiday ever , never again

Reviewed Tue 21st of June 2016

"This hotel is dirty my room was disgusting the food is not acceptable nothing to eat for kids either and to my surprise paid 3300 pound for 11 nights everyone else in the hotel where shocked at this price as they paid pennies this hotel is defiantly not worth 3300 pound . Theirs one reception staff that's it for full day and night 1 staff at pool bar trying to make lots of burgers toasties & hotdogs and pouring drinks not good and only 2 staff in dining room and they are very rude and abrupt and very unhelpful I have been going abroad for 14 years and never made a complaint this is the first very very disappointed i cant believe i got robbed because hotel was not worth that kind of money its a 3 star hotel in me and my kids would rate it 1 star nothing to do for kids in hotel or Playa Blanca its very quiet in Playa Blanca no night life and not very many shops."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2016

avoid this hotel

Reviewed Fri 17th of April 2015

"Just spent a week here its our 4th time in Playa Blanca and this is by far the worst hotel ever. the staff are very friendly from reception to the cleaners but that's it,the place needs a total revamp the main pool was closed and taped off no explanation why.builders were in with jack hammers taring out other apartments and dumping all the rubbish behind our room it was a right mess. food is basic but not good no entertainment for adults and same rubbish for kids every night.avoid this place and try sun tropical across road or the sun royal round the corner both good clean family hotels."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2015

Lovely place

Reviewed Mon 30th of March 2015

"We stayed there (myself, partner & 5yr old son) 22nd March 2015 4 nights, apart from being let down by the weather we were not let down by Cay Beach nor Playa Blanca...defo go back!!! Room 120 right opposite the pool. "

• Travel date: Sat 28th of March 2015

Fantastic and relaxing holiday

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2014

"We booked the Cay Beach apartment hotel through A1 travel and stayed for 11 nights from May 28th 2014. Hubby and I found the room(256) clean and in excellent position overlooking the pool with sea view and sun on balcony all day. All the staff very helpful and FOOD WAS GOOD. We had booked all inclusive and I was a bit apprehensive when I had read the reviews, but hey..you can't please everyone.
Breakfast:the usual English type, Scrambled and/or fried eggs, beans and Spanish sausage or bacon, cold meats varieties of bread and plenty fruit not forgetting the cereals.
Lunch: variety of salad with fresh prawns or mussels some days, a choice of meats fish or pasta every day and chef cooked on the spot. Dinners were similar to lunch with some changes.
Cakes were lovely, beer and wine on tap for A/I.
The are 3 outdoor pools at the hotel, one is tailored for the kids with shutes and looked good fun. there is also an indoor pool and gym.
Playa Blanca is a lovely resort, we preferred it to Puerto Del Carmen and Tequise. It's was a windy 15 minutes walk to the beach, but worth it. The harbor and town are good to have a browse.
The recreation girl was Spanish and very friendly, she provided the entertainment for the kids, they all seemed to love her.
the only downside I found about the hotel was the lack of adult entertainment at night. We would have been quite content to sit outside around the pool bar with some music at night but the pool bar closed at 6pm and there was only the downstairs bar open.
To sum up..We would definitely return, the hotel is great value for money and you can always find entertainment at the bars along the prom.
Highly recommend this hotel, its very good for kids and couples especially to relax. Pat and Jim Fae from Scotland."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of May 2014

At you peril

Reviewed Mon 3rd of March 2014

"We made the booking here last august 2013 through Travel Republic. On our arrival on February 22nd we were told by the male receptionist on duty that our Apt was not available due to broken pipes and would transferred to its the sister hotel The Royal. On finding our Apt at The Royal we were disgusted by the smell of urine In the Apt and returned to the reception of the Cay Beach to complain and seek alternate accommodation.
Upon informing the receptionist he became very angry and started shouting in Spanish at us. Unperturbed I stood my ground and insisted he find us a better alternative to which he became very aggressive and started slamming his guest book with his fists. We stood our ground and refused to leave the reception. My friend Katherine who had recently buried her mother could not take any more of it and broke down in tears. Still the receptionist refused to help us and at one point told me to "shut up".
I requested to see the apartment with the broken pipes and he refused.
I then said that there was nothing wrong with the apartment but in fact they had over booked the hotel to which he brazenly said "yes"
I put it to him that he did not care what happened to us and he replied "yes"
My friend and I then decided to squat in the reception until the hotel had sorted us our accommodation. I asked for the manager and was told he would not be in work till Monday.
After about two hours an I Irish woman called Julie had heard of our plight and came to our rescue. She works in the industry on Lanzarote, and said she had heard enough complaints about this hotel as it was giving Playa Blanca a bad name. She put us up in her own Villa.
The following day the 23rd my husband got in contact with Travel Republic who in turn tried to chase down the Spanish agency responsible for the hotel. Later that day he was told that another room in the Cay Beach was offered. I was so intimidated by the receptionist I refused to go back to that hotel and in particular that receptionist. Julie and her husband put me up on their sofa for a second night. Bless them.
By the third day my husband booked us into another hotel, online. Additional cost €614.The best the Spanish agent Viajes Urbis would offer us is another resort in another part of the island.
Also on the third day Julie's Husband went back to the Cay Beach to request a complaint form. When he tried to leave with the form the same receptionist tried to physically obstruct him in the doorway from leaving the premises with the complaint form.
While he was there he heard another arriving customer request bed linen to which she was told she "would have to wait till the next morning"
This is a disgraceful place.

Book this hotel at your own peril."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2014

Horrible Experience

Reviewed Fri 28th of February 2014

I requested to see the apartment with the broken pipes and he refused.
I put it to him that he did not care what happened to us and he replied "yes"
This is a disgraceful place.

Book this hotel at your own peril."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of February 2014

You pay for it but dont get your holiday there

Reviewed Wed 28th of August 2013

"We booked and paid in full months in advance, arrived and got told no room available. We were shipped off in a taxi to their sister complex which had no amenities and no entertainment with no local shops or even an open reception. Our rep (on the beach) did nothing to help and just said they knew nothing and should have been informed so they in turn could inform us before leaving the UK. They said everywhere was full and the only available complex with a room we would be required to pay an extra £600! Don't book through 'On the Beach' as they don't do anything and don't book this hotel because chances are you wont have a holiday there - we spoke to loads of people at the complex where we were sent and they had all had the same treatment. The only good thing about where we stayed was the rooms were better and the pool had just a couple of people using it. Other than that there was nothing there - a 10 day holiday ruined - I would never ever go to Lanzorote again and would encourage everyone not to book because you never know if that is where you will actually have your holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of August 2013

April 2013

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"Just got back from an amazing week at the Cay Beach Sun. I cant praise this hotel/apartments enough! Very clean, food was great, especially the pool bar snacks! Only a 10 minute walk to the lovely beach, with lots of bars and restaurants along the front.
Highly reccomend this hotel, its very good for kids and couples especially to relax.
Will deffinatly be coming here for another holiday soon :)

• Travel date: Sun 7th of April 2013

'nice' easter family holiday!

Reviewed Mon 23rd of July 2012

"WELCOME - not the friendliest of welcomes if i'm honest... the staff did what they were paid to do... thats it!

ROOMS - lovely! bright, clean, great views and fantastic blcony/terraces, quite basic but that doesnt mean rough

FACILITIES - this place has all you need, you could live on site really! shop (CHEAP) pools are FREEZING and this spoilt our holiday as we like a pool based holiday! there is an indoor heated pool & jacuzzi, but kids cant use it!!! theres a football/basketball court, so the kids spnt all week here!

STAFF - nohing to write home about. they were a bit miserable, except the entertainment team, who were great

ENTERTAINMENT - great for kids, a few shows, good varied programme... not my kind of thing though, as it was a little too laid back, and not lively enough for me. the nightclub isnt a nightclub as we know it... its an indoor entertainment area and bar!!

ALL INCLUSIVE - quite average as all inclusive goes... plenty for everyone, but got a bit 'same old same old' by the end of the week!!

OUT N ABOUT - go out early, cause the nightlife stops at about half 10!!! this was a bit if a blow to us, as we like to be out late and having a laugh.. its just a bit slow here for us (we are used to marmaris and its open all hours!!!)

LOCATION - great location!! 5 mins from the town centre!

DO - go to the marina, both at night and on market day... its a great place!!

DON'T - expect a week in the pool.... its just too cold!!!!

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2012

Brilliant Complex - to be enjoyed.

Reviewed Thu 12th of May 2011

"My Wife and I both in our early 50's just returned from a Weeks stay in Cay Beach Sun, Aparthotel Playa Blanca from April 28th - May 5th. We were allocated Apt 255 which we can only describe as being excellent with a wonderful all round view of the Complex.Apt spotless clean and well equipped. All Staff were exceptionally friendly, courteuos, helpful and welcoming. Outstanding On - Site Facilities in beautiful surroundings. Shop on site as cheap as the Supermacado's for the essentials. Great Restaurant which we availed of for the Evening Buffet for E12pp. Lovely Reception area with highly efficent Reception Staff who provided all the information we required. The offer of a complimentary afternoon food treat at the Pool Area was unique. Well lit routes to the various Apt Blocks after dark. Very quiet from 7pm onwards which suited us. No "noisy behaviour" of any sort which was ideal. Would recommend this Complex to anyone and will be returning. Welldone to all at Cay Beach Sun. Probably the best we have ever stayed at over many years. "

• Travel date: Sat 7th of May 2011

Perfect spot

Reviewed Wed 23rd of March 2011

"Just back from one week self catering with my sis. Apartments couldn't be better - clean, large, enough equipment to get by with basic catering, shop on site for essentials, good size balcony and our's was a sun trap in afternoon. Good couple of pools including a kiddies pool and another with waterslide and plenty of sun loungers. Lifeguard on duty for peace of mind, and full daily entertainment programme for all ages. If you want, you can buy breakfast, lunch or dinner in on-site restaurant with discount if you go full board for five days. Also just opened new bar/entertainment venue. We only visited for the rep's welcome meet but was very impressed and imagine it's very popular in height of summer.

Loved where apartments were based - 10mins stroll to and along the waterfront to either the marina or the main town centre, so toughest options all week were which way to wander for lunch, drinks or dinner. Lovely beach only 5 mins walk away. Resort overall was lovely.

In summary, loved it - recommend it - and we'll be back!!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of March 2011

Hotels near Caybeach Sun

Top traveller tips for Caybeach Sun

• ecosse by ecosse

"restaurants across from the sea. "

• Stevie1982 by Stevie1982

"New Orleans Restaurant. "

• "Family Marchall" by "Family Marchall"

"Loved the climate and hospitality, will be back "

• "Family Marchall" by "Family Marchall"

"We liked all of them, ferries to Fuerteventura great sight. "

• stevie8288 by stevie8288

"Great place for relaxing "

• mollymouse by mollymouse

"perfect family holiday with young children "

• wilko131 by wilko131

"We return many times so that speaks volumes for our opinion. "

• monty43 by monty43

"Quite a walk if you aren't too good on your feet "

• Griff by Griff

"If you're there for carnival you HAVE to go. It's like nothing you'll have seen before "

• Cracker. by Cracker.

"Dont worry, be happy and enjoy. "

• Julia R by Julia R

"ask for a groundfloor apartment... much more accessible from the pool "

• furious person by furious person

"Before you go email or telephone direct and check you will have the holiday you paid for otherwise you will take legal advice "

• Robert B by Robert B

"Don't know they would not us stay there. "

• Steve W by Steve W

"dont go all inclusive waste of money "

• Angela P by Angela P

"None at all as my tip would be do not go to this hotel "

Caybeach Sun is also called