Costa Sal Villas and Suites

Calle Diagonal 6 Matagorda, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote Spain

Loved Costa Sal Bungalows

Good

"Stayed in 700's Bungalows and they were lovely. Friends stayed in 600's & also appartments which were nice but not as modern or as comfortable as 700's. Pools were lovely and playground great for the children. Usually stay in Peurto del Carmen but Matagorda is only €4 - €5 taxi ride away. Beaches are beautiful.
Would stay here again only problem we found is that the complex is large and so it was a bit of a trip from reception, pool bar, restaurant , shop etc to our bungalow but they do have ramps for buggies and suit cases.

Best places to eat would be at the harbour in old town Peurto del Carmen and if you like chinese you must try New World accross from the Fariones Hotel.

Shopping centre at the beginning of old town is also great as you can find Mango, Zara, Levis etc.."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Average!

"Accomodation was clean and tidy and the view from the apartment was lovely.. only ate at the restaurant once for the bbq which was nice... we only wanted a quiet get away and this did the job... although very frustrating that people insisted on leaving out towels on sun beds the night before... even worse these people didnt even bother to use the sunbeds! there are a few restaurants a few minutes away but taxi ride is only 3 euros. would recommend the rancho texas night!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

worst bar ever!!

"Just back after two weeks in Lanzarote. We found these apartments to be clean and spacious with beautiful and well kept gardens. However the apartments themselves are showing there age and some of the decor could to with updating. There are two pools one which is heated and the other is salt water which was very cold. The usual problem with sun beds most people seem to have the towels out and on beds at midnight, but we got board with the pool as it was a bit to quiet with not much going on, that we headed for the beach most days which was just a short walk away. There is what passes for entrainment once a week in the bar area, a one man organ / player and a 10min parrot show. The bar is one of the worst I have ever been in, absolutely no atmosphere nothing going on, bar staff seem to hate their jobs, and shut the bar at 12 midnight not before doing there best to avoid serving you from 11.45. If that’s your thing so be it."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

Great apts

Good

"Just back from a two week stay at these apartments. What can I say about them well they are very quiet with entertainment only on once a week, tuesday night and the bar closes at 12 every night. So its ideal for people looking for a quiet holiday.
The beach is about 2 minutes away, and there are two pools in the complex. Staff are all v helpful, an I would recommend these apartments for anyone looking for a quiet holiday they are also 5 mins away from the commercial centre where there are several bars and restaurants. Puerto del carmen is 5 mins away by taxi for anyone who wants to go somewhere a bit livelier."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Wouldn't stay anywhere Else

"This was our 3rd time to stay in Costa Sal and once again it was all good. The complex itself is very clean and well maintained. We stayed in the bungalows but had to book a 1 bed apartment also as there was 6 of us. We knew that 6 could sleep in the bungalows but on all travel company sites they all say 5 max.

If you looking for a quiet part the 600's bungalows are the best not that the rest is noisy, far from it and very relaxing. We used both pools the main pool (Top pool) is saltwater and the bottom pool is heated but less than half the size for the other pool but still a fair size.

We didn’t use the bar or shop in the complex, the bar because there is so much more 5-15 minutes walk away and the shop because it over priced and the shops in Matagorda CC are far cheaper and 5 minutes walk away. I will go back to the Costa Sal again."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!

"I have not long since been back from staying at the Costa Sal and I must say that I thought they were absolutely great. Our room was well equipped and contained alot more than I would have imagined. The weather was really hot and despite this we coped fine without the air conditioning and believe me thats a first seeing as though i had my hairdryer and straighteners on for a while. We had no bugs and found the cleaners great, coming on a daily basis and changing towels every other day. The staff levels overall that we received were outstanding.

When I read the reviews before I went regarding the pool, I thought .. oh it cant be that bad!! Well trust me the pool is freeeeeezing!!! So much better though if you just jump in, you dont feel it as much.

I noticed that many of the people staying there also had been before, which I found comforting and I can see why they do the apartments are great, and only a very small taxi ride to the main strip of Puerto Del Carmen.

A tip for those who have not been to Lanzarote before which I wish I would have known.... Take a jumper/ cardi because that breeze can be a bit too cool!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2007

Excellent EXCEPT for the Bar & Restaurant staff!!!!

Good

"We got married in Lanzarote in May 2007 and spent the week after the wedding in Costa Sal Apts. The reception staff are fantastic and could not do enough for us. The apartments are lovley, clean and spacious. The pools and amenities are second to none. The cleaning staff are very efficient and friendly. The only thing that bothered us was the staff in the bar were a bit rude ie. the barman would stand with his back to customers and leave them waiting to be served whilst doing nothing himself!!! A smile wouldnt go amiss either !!!! The food in the bar also left a lot to be desired.
All in all we had a briliant time and we could not find fault with the rest of the complex. We would stay in Costa Sal again but we will steer clear of the bar."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

Average apartments overall

"We stayed at the Costa Sal with 3 children in June 2006 having heard many good reviews from friends. The 2 bed apartment itself was very spacious for 2 adults and 3 children. We arrived the middle of June and found it very warm at night time and therefore difficult to sleep but the air conditioning in this complex is not turned on until the beginning of July (except in exceptional circumstances). There were many complaints to reception and it was turned on for the last week of June.

I found that the apartment was not very clean, and the cleaning service was sporadic. When we arrived there were 3 spoons, 2 plates etc. etc. for an apartment to accommodate 5 people. There was no sweeping brush or mop in the apartment but lots of bugs on the floor!! There is no entertainment programme as such, maybe 2/3 nights a week, and this is very disappointing if you have children. The complex is well positioned, in a quite area, well serviced by taxis, but definately needs a bit of an upgrade."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Excellent!

"Very nice hotel and surroundings. Nice pool area, clean, large and practical apartments. We had to take photos of the hotel when we arrived because it was so beautiful.

The hotel is located in a quiet area a few minutes by taxi from Puerto del Carmen. There is a small area with restaurants and a few shops near the beach so you can always relax and not move very far, but its very nice to walk to Puerto del Carmen along the beach. We found a favourite restaurant in "El Tomate" downtown(try the Chateu Briand e.g.) and the shopping mall "Biosphera" had lots to offer.

We've already booked another trip to Costa Sal this Easter!

M-2007"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of March 2007

Excellent 3 star accommodation

Good

"Myself and my girlfriend stayed here at the end of February. The layout of the complex is excellent. They have two pools. One is in a family type setting where the accommodation includes bungalows. The second is more adult orientated and the accommodation is apartment based. The apartments are a very good size, well kitted out, clean and have a private balcony. There is a pleasant snack bar and restaurant and the reception is run in a friendly and efficent manner. The complex is quiet and close to all amenties. I cannot say what it will be like in high season. There is a lovery promenade beachwalk 5 minutes away. There are a number of bars, shops and restaurants in the locality which will serve your needs quite well. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend the Costa Sal to anyone wanting a peaceful, hassle free break. There is a reasonably well stocked supermarket. It's a little expensive and the staff are not overly friendly. It's probably a franchise."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of March 2007

just home from Costa Sal Matagorda

Good

"First time in Lanzarote. What a complex. We were in a two bedroom bungalow. Plenty of room for 4. Spotlessly Clean. Fabulous bathroom, think it must have been recently refurbished. Kitchen basic but with fridge freezer and ceramic hob.All we needed.
Visited friends in one bed appts. They had obviously been refurbished too with lovely walk in showers.
Staff were friently, spoke English and were very helpful.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Will return if I come back to the island. The heatwave was difficult and restricted activities. Great holiday. "

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2012

Bad apartments

"Just back from a wek at costs sal , its quite simple the general complex and pool is good the restaurant is ok the staff are fairly friendly . dont pay for the wifi it doesnt work its very very slow and not worth it we got a refund .The actual apts are terrible believe this honest review . We stayed there with 11 month old baby we had to clean whole apt when we arrived there was a thick layer of dust on everything the cot provided was old dirty and not safe for baby we only found out when too late that better apts than ours are available but our was horrible doors and windows sticking old and atty furniture smeeled and was tatty and out of date Costa sal does not deserve 3 star rating do not go plenty of better places available for same budget I stayed in 2 star place before baby came along and they were much better than here . Avoid please."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of April 2011

Hotels near Costa Sal Villas and Suites

Stayed at Costa Sal Villas and Suites? Share your insight.

Costa Sal Villas and Suites is also called