Good

Just perfect resort and holiday

Reviewed Tue 17th of May 2011

"We stayed at Club Valena in Matagorda in May 2011. The apartment we stayed in was modern, clean and comfortable. The staff were lovely, and very helpful. Whole complex was kept clean and tidy, swimming pool great!! Would definitely re-visit in the future.

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2011

apt ok, complex a disgrace

Reviewed Fri 11th of March 2011

" the complex has not been maintained for years.the pool is a disgrace.i fancied a snack from the pool bar;and had a beef burger; went to pay, a bar member was wiping down his cooking plate with a cloth you would not clean the floor with [gospel] i retired to throw up. think long and hard before going this place."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2011

one of the best apartment,s

Reviewed Thu 15th of July 2010

"we have stay,d twice at club valena.have booked for
for five weeks over xmas.new your.apartmentsnice
staff great.food good.will do you home made chips.
staff will go out of there way to help you.
pool area never full,dont have to fight for sun beds.
irish owend.bars not far.best bar funny farm,
run by tony;mat.not to be missed."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of July 2010

Fantastico!!

Reviewed Tue 17th of November 2009

"I have just returned from a week in the lovely Club Valena apartments. The apartments are refurbished and nice and clean with facilities that make you want to move there! The pool is cleaned daily and the pool bar area is kept clean as much as possible. I was able to check my emails from laptops in the reception area or just sit and read in the quiet lounge area of the reception. The bar staff are very friendly and accomodating and I could just go down for a beer and a chat if i liked. The proximity to the centre and to the beach is fantastic with a wide selection of pubs and restaurants including a Spar to cater for your every need. The apartments are also close to Puerto del Carmen if you want a busier atmosphere but this quiet friendly environment was the perfect option for me. Club Valena provided an ideal base to travel around the island as it is within easy driving distance of all the beautiful must see attractions. I would stand over any recommendation of this apartment complex. "

• Travel date: Mon 16th of November 2009

me and my family stayed in club valena a...

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2008

"me and my family stayed in club valena apartments in June 2007.

.The apartments were quite basic and could be doing with an update.

.The resort was very boring during the day with no entertainment watsoever.

.The food was absolutly gorgeous! Frys wer outa this world. Family that runs it are very nice.

.Location was ideal,shops near by and only a 4euro taxi in to the centre puerto del carmen.

Overall club valena was aright. would go back but only 4 the frys.lol"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of January 2008

My friend and I stayed in Club Valena on...

Reviewed Wed 19th of September 2007

"My friend and I stayed in Club Valena on three occasions in the later half of the 20th century and we found the staff even then to be very friendly and helpful.

The apartments are very spacious bright and airy and in a good location to travel to the beach promenade and the shops just down the road and outside the apartments is a fine view of the mountains and it is situated near the airport.

We would recommend Club Valena to anybody and hope to return there someday."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Stayed in Club Valena Matagorda this sum...

Reviewed Tue 18th of September 2007

"Stayed in Club Valena Matagorda this summer, and was appalled at the state of the accommodation: cockroaches, ants and generally quite dirty.

Definitely not holiday standard. The staff were friendly, though only positive. Looks like the place needs to be refurbished. Pity there were 4 of us and though we like the Matagorda area, this place was disappointing and we will not be returning.

The hot water was hit and miss, and there was a leak in the kitchen, and when we mentioned this we were told that somebody would fix, but this never happened.

The Matagorda are itself, luckily made up and we enjoyed the beach. There's a good supermarket in the shopping centre, and there is a choice of restaurants."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

We have just returned from Club Valena a...

Reviewed Fri 14th of September 2007

"We have just returned from Club Valena and would recommend it to all.

The apartments are very spacious and well layed out with everything you would need even sat TV with more channels than just the usual sky news. All cleaning staff are very well mannered and pleasant, and service the room every day.

But the best part of the holiday is the pool bar. These people know how to run a good tight ship and really made the holiday.

Fantastic food, great mix of drinks (including chilli vodka) and lots of variety in terms of night time entertainment (listen out for the bingo callers add on's, brimful of Asher 45) tickled me.

To sum up, if you are after a nice clean cut holiday you won’t go wrong, loved it and will return many thanks.

P.S if you do travel to Club Valena please ask the night time bar staff to change their music cd it’s all right said Fred and matchstick men, only joking lads.

Shabba."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

We arrived here late at night, me, my mu...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"We arrived here late at night, me, my mum and my 9 year old son with a friendly atmosphere from both the reception and bar staff.

The rooms are very basic but very clean. The lady who came to clean our room every 2 days was also very lovely.

There are 2 swimming pools one for which everyone can use and a child’s one which only comes to a 2 year olds knees, which is ideal if you have babies or toddlers,.

The staff on reception are very helpful if you need advice on towns and shops and also tell you what not to buy e.g.(video cams for 29 Euros).

Although there was no entertainment at this complex the new family who had taken over the poolside bar were fantastic, they talked to all the children with kindness and manners just as they did all the adults, they would come and sit down and have a drink with everyone and join in. They actually made the holiday feel so relaxed and I can’t wait to go back to see them all. They have a little slide and play area also at the side of the child’s pool and best of all, no matter where you move to eg.bar, swimming area or just playing pool you can see the children.

You can get a taxi in to town for about 4 euro, the shops here are lovely and it takes about 2-3 hours just to walk down them all including stopping for the occasional beer, the beach is lovely and clean one side is very rocky whilst if you walk 10 mins down its ideal for sunbathing.

You can also stand on the beach whilst the plane goes over the top of your head to land its fantastic especially for kids although if you don’t like the noise it’s not for you.. As its only 10 mins away from the airport.

The weather is also fantastic here with a slight breeze which you need because it can get very hot... Overall anyone who wishes for either a family holiday or a single holiday would not be disappointed as all the staff welcome you like family.. Can’t wait to go back in the New-Year."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff we...

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2007

"I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were really friendly and the pool bar was great. It provided breakfast and lunchtime snacks. The pool facilities were great and the children had a ball. It was quite quiet when we were there which was great.

I loved our apartment but it was a bit on the neglected side in terms of cleanliness (floor and walls etc. general maintenance). However the bed and bathrooms were changed and towels replenished regularly (though make sure to tell the cleaner you need it done as if you are about the apartment they can sometimes assume you don't need anything).

On a whole we had a great stay here and would recommend these apartments and would love to return again. Lovely for couples old and young alike and young families. "

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

I and 10 other people in my family inclu...

Reviewed Tue 26th of June 2007

"I and 10 other people in my family including two children 8 and 4 stayed in these apartments in June 2007.

We really enjoyed our stay in these apartments as the bar staff, Paul, Adam, Ann and Jon, and the receptionists, cleaners etc were all really friendly.

We arrived to a very clean and tidy apartment on the ground floor, not once did we see a cockroach in or round the apartment that we stayed in or any of our neighbouring apartments, there were however, ants outside our apartments but that’s not Club Valena's fault is it?

We stayed there for one week (which, I wish could have been longer) and the pool bar had two BBQ's and a bingo night also during the time I and my family were there.
At the end of the week I didn’t want to leave to go home.

I would definitely go back to Matagorda to stay in the Club Valena Apartments as everything is within walking distance.

See you all next year...Adios..."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

I stayed at the Valena twice in April an...

Reviewed Mon 21st of May 2007

"I stayed at the Valena twice in April and would highly recommend it. The apartments are spacious and clean and the staff on reception very friendly.

The pool bar has been taken over recently and I cannot praise it enough. Paul, Adam, Ann, and Jon are friendly and helpful.

The food is good and they do a bbq at least once a week if there are enough guests at the complex. It is also very good value compared to other bars on the island.

The MyTravel reps are really nice and extremely helpful too.

I'm already planning my next trip and I wouldn't stay anywhere else now."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Hotels near Club Valena

Top traveller tips for Club Valena

• S Hammond by S Hammond

"Jameos del Agua, Timjanfaya, Rancho Texas, Playa Blanca, Puerto del Carmen "

Club Valena is also called