About Apartamentos THe Morromar

• spanish amenities
  • paid internet
  • tennis court
  • kids club
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards
  • archery

Fantastic holiday

Reviewed Sat 10th of September 2016

"Really cannot understand the negative reviews iv just returned after a week away I found the hotel great value for money our room was very spacious and even no we were all inclusive we had a room with a kettle, toaster fridge cutlery cups and plate which all came in very handy, it was extremely clean staff were friendly and we were spoiled for choice with food and drink, shop on site was reasonably priced to but only a few minutes walk from the local shopping complex and a few minutes walk to the beautiful beach, I was so impressed I'm already looking in to booking again, I feel that a lot of the negative reviews are not a true reflection of what it's like now and I do think that some people book a 3* but expect 5* it gives you everything you need and I would recommend 100%RR"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2016

WARNING Regular robbings/burglaries

Reviewed Fri 17th of June 2016

"Just returned from a weeks holiday, things were ok until the last nite we were woken by a large black man in our bedroom. i was sleeping with my 7yr old grand daughter at the time. my family staying in next room answered our screams. guy ran and jumped over railings. my husband split his foot open chasing him! hotel offered no assistance and were just rude and showed no sympathy at all. grand daughter spent the morning throwing up in shock! police attended and made us aware the guy we described had been caught 2 weeks prior also at this hotel and hotel management were meant to make all people who plan to go on vacation there aware...this didn't happen. a member of the entertainment team told us a french family had been robbed of there belongings less than a month ago too. NO SECURITY AT ALL!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2016

Morromar apartments

Reviewed Wed 24th of September 2014

"Well what can I say these apartments are supposed to be 3 star I am afraid I have to disagree. We stayed here for a week is a self catering and something as basic as a kettle was not provided I asked about this at the beginning of our stay but it never appeared. The staff at the apartments were rude and very unhelpful. We had lunch in the restaurant a couple of times food was exactly the same both times an help yourself buffet with very little choice. If you decide to go to these apartments don't waste your money on airport transfer as the hotel is only ten minutes from the airport and costs ten euros in a taxi. Good luck you will need it."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2014

great place to stay

Reviewed Thu 9th of January 2014

"We had a great week at the Morro Mar the manager was great very helpful when my husband was poorly nice apartments very helpful staff lovely grounds short stroll to shops on the beach its only a short walk to get a bus to Puerto del carmel all in all really good place to stay "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of January 2014

Great time

Reviewed Thu 10th of October 2013

"We have just got back from here. It was very clean. Lovely staff who were kind and friendly. Food was wonderful and a great choice.

Need to update the area of WiFi.
Needy to update evening entertainment.
On the whole a fab family fun place to stay"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of October 2013

Fantastic for families - Nice secure apartments - Good complex

Reviewed Tue 22nd of January 2013

"The location of these apartments is Matagorda which is right next to the airport - we paid for transfers when a taxi would have been quicker.
Location is a 10 min stroll to the beachfront which leads into Puerto del Carmen (approx 3/4hr slow walk).

The rooms are basic, recently refurbished, clean and cleaned regularly. Never seen any bugs during my stay although spray was provided in the cupboard! The balconies are proper secure glass/upvc door as opposed to some slide and lock ones in other places I have stayed. 2 bed appts available for families. Had a fridge and self catering utensils in the bedroom. Decent shower :0)

What made my holiday was the fact that the Animacion team were fantastic with our kids 4, 11 ,14. The little one wasn't supposed to be in the free miniclub which is ages 5-12 but they took her anyway and she LOVED it! I enjoyed that too 10.30am-12.30pm and then 3pm-5pm she was playing in the park at the complex and an apartment which they have converted into 'Miniclub' where they draw paint, play games indoors & out and make things. The kids have a mini disco at night with dancing games and facepainting etc.

The activities during the day for adults and over 12s were great too and free. Archery, pistol shooting, rifle shooting, football, shuffleboard, tennis, bowls.

Evening entertainment was actually okay for a typical all inclusive complex. Magician (which normally wouldn't impress me! but he was very good)Movie quiz and casino night. Dancing competition. Karaoke on the entertainers night off.

Reptile show... which was good but the usual moneymaking out of buying pictures and no self photography. reptile show and parrot show rotate each week. The entertainers have 2 days off a week.

Lionel Ritchie tribute act was the only thing I didn't enjoy as much - others seemed to.

Wifi only works in reception area of hotel and is 20 euros per week but can be bought per day for a few euros.

My only criticism of the hotel is the food - maybe because I compared it to other places but it seemed repetitive although I never went hungry so I cant complain. Always a pasta, 2 meat dishes, salad bar, fish, chips, bread & garlic bread etc.

Self service snacks are in the upstairs bar where you can make toasties between meals. Most importantly for our lot the slush machine and ice cream tubs were included in the all inclusive (I have seen other hotels charge for these things)

A fantastic break for our family and the staff definitely contributed greatly to our stay.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2013

A bit of a shock

Reviewed Tue 22nd of January 2013

"Only stayed one night here,We needed somewhere near the airport ,Soo glad it was only one night, Quiet run down, in a very quiet area,dont know if that is good or bad, It needs a lot of revamping,The room was clean,The beds were as hard as a rock, no mattress protectors on the beds,which I think is a necessity,It was shabby.
The pool area looked nice if small.The man at reception was very helpful and nice."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2013

very disappointed

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"just come back from staying at the morromar well never again worst place we have stayed at in lanzarote.was clean but very very basic food the same every day had to eat out.balcony flooded and this cost us more than the four star hotels we have stayed at.would only rate this as two star."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of December 2012

lanzarote2012

Reviewed Mon 1st of October 2012

"I went on an all-inclusive package deal,Matagorda was further out than i thought which meant taxis's to n from ! the room was very basic n in need of updating,but was clean,although the maid only came 3x out of 7 ...
the FOOD was shocking to say the least,i lost so much weight on this holiday,because the food was that awful :( then we get to the alcohol,watered down to say the least,so ended up eating out,n drinking out too....most of the staff was amazing (tanya we luff ya )sum were not so nice...also the ques at the bar get way too long,wasn't impressed as more staff should av been available
the pool areas was very reasonable both pools we spent most our time round the pool bar....although did notice some wear n tear on some tiles round the pool area which was badly cracked ,also my other bugbear was NO ASHTRAYS how bizarre i found this as they was more than happy for us to stubb our cigarettes out on the floor .... not good a tall :( i love lanzarote but would not recommend "THE MORROMAR" to anybody i wouldn't stay in Matagorda again either ,peurto del carmen is the place to be ... "

• Travel date: Sun 30th of September 2012

Fantastic week!!

Reviewed Thu 30th of August 2012

"Myself and my husband stayed here in March, and had the best week ever. what we thought!!
- The staff were really helpful.
- The apartments were clean & bright.
- The food was delicious, we couldn't complain about Any of the meals. chefs came out most meal times, tables were
Were cleared straight away.
- The whole complex was welcoming and enjoyable.
we didn't stay for any of the entertainment in the evening as we went into the old town every night.
the whole experience of Morromar was 100%, we will definitely be staying here again next year.
Really cannot understand how anyone can complain about this place.
Thank you for a brilliant holiday :-0) x"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2012

nice hotel, food mediocre, entertainment rubbish and entertainment staff

Reviewed Sun 1st of July 2012

"Came home monday 25th june after 1 week stay, food mediocre could have been morechoice, fine if you liked pork!!. Very noisy group of 60 spanish children, group leaders had no control over at night, very noisy. Entertainment was absolute rubbish, karoake night catered to a group of spanish guys who seemed to be staying the weekend, they took over the karoake. The entertainment staff, young girl and sometimes a guy, were dreadful, didnt seem to know what they were doing. Lack of entertainment certainly spoilt the holiday for us. On a plus the hotel was spotlessly clean, bedding changed midweek , towels changed every second day. There was a lack of Management staff around to speak to! Pool areas very clean and always managed to obtain a sunlounger. Bar staff were very friendly and pleasant.
Carol M/ Invernesss"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2012

entertainment lets the hotel down!

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2012

"just returned from the Morremar and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. very clean, staff friendly and food very edible. My one complaint would be that the entertainment is lacking. the entertainment staff were difficult to understand and weren't very imaginative. one barman on at night meant long queues for drinks. all in all,you get what you pay for. if you're looking for a cheap holiday, then this is the place to go! "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2012

Hotels near Apartamentos THe Morromar

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos THe Morromar

• Juliehillier by Juliehillier

"Update wifi area and evening entertainment "

• maggie by maggie

"good value family holiday I would go again "

• Derek by Derek

"apx 5 mins walk to beach but better to turn right and head to the beach between matagorda and PDC "

• kate,holly,ellis & karen from hull by kate,holly,ellis & karen from hull

"prepare to wait in long queue's in the restaurant "

• sylriley by sylriley

"camel ride and volcano trip "

• c-foreman-2008 by c-foreman-2008

"DO NOT GO THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FIND A BETTER PLACE "

• mbees by mbees

"nothing to do at matagorda "

• mbees by mbees

"dont miss a night at flannigans in old carmen town "

• sufla63 by sufla63

"Great service, great, staff, great food! "

• "quiete area of the island "

• "good walks,expensive, "

• Jackie by Jackie

"Rent a car get out and see the surrounding areas "

• carol m/inverness by carol m/inverness

"Be prepared to go outwith the hotel for entertainment "

• RockTheCasbah by RockTheCasbah

"Most beautiful hotel I have ever laid my eyes on, never will I feel so drawn to a place like I was. "

• fran52dogs by fran52dogs

"Quiet area,very out of the way "

• Julie W by Julie W

"go self catering and at a bargain price "

Apartamentos THe Morromar is also called