Santa Rosa

Avda del Mar 19, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

Nice Hotel

Good

"We stayed at this hotel from Sept 13 - 27 2007, we are a couple in our 40s and found the hotel to be clean, modern and the staff helpfull and freindly. The pool area is kept very clean and the restaraunt is spacious and clean. We found the food wasn't to our taste as the selection was limited, the pool bar served light snacks during the day and was also clean and the menu again was limited.

We opted instead to eat in the centre of Costa Teguise which is a 15 - 20 minute walk. We found a lovely little Scottish bar called Scots and Wry whose menu, food and entertainment where excellent.

The hotel bar was spacious and there was limited entertainment laid on during the week, but little at the week-end. Unfortunately the restaraunt closes at 9 pm but there is a Food Express place directly across the street located under Las Coronas hotel we found the food here to be very good and often stopped off in the early hours for a late snack.

We would recommend this hotel to all ages and families as the facilities are excellent and the apartments are in good condition and well maintained, we certainly would book it again and may well do so next year."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

Great Location, Very Clean complex, Lovely Large Pool area

"I booked these apartments through [--] only 3 days before my holiday (11th-18th October) and was delighted with the accommodation, particularly for the cheap price I had paid.
I must say I was very impressed with the Santa Rosa complex and would definately stay there again and recommend it to others.
They are situatied a 15 minute walk to central Costa Teguise, however you can walk on the main road, a cut through a residential area or along the sea front.
I had a one bedroom apartment which I found to be clean, although basic. I would recommend you take more coat hangers with you and also a kettle as one is not provided. Although you can hire, kettles, toasters and fans at reception area. There is not fans or airconditioning, so I would imagine it would be extremely hot in the high season.
There was a television that had 4 english channels, a fridge, microwave, hob and all kitchen utensils.
I was on a self catering basis so cannot comment on food, although people i spoke to said it was very basic and there was no ambience in the dining room. There are many restaurants and places to eat/drink a couple of minutes away, so I would recommend you do that instead.
The pool was large and not too deep, which is great, if like me, you cannot swim out of your depth. There is also a small pool for children.
The entertainment was a disappointment. They did advertise bingo, dancing, karaoke, although the numbers were few and far between. I spent my evenings at the 4* hotel opposite (corona playas). This was excellent and again would recommend this for those of you whom prefer hotels.
the weather was very hot whilst there 27-28 degrees. There is a slight wind, but you definately don't need to pack jumpers or anything like that.
I had booked this last minute and not expected much at all. I was very pleasantly surprised both with Costa Teguise and the Santa Rosa Apartments.
Please feel free to contact me if you require any further information."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

Would Definitely Recommend

Good

"We stayed at Santa Rosa for 7 days from Oct 4th 07.

The apartment we had was on the second floor, it was huge and very well laid out, very clean, the maids came in every day apart from Sunday to change the towels. The only drawbacks were no kettle and the stairs were a bit of a pain to carry suticases up and after a few drinks.

We didn't use the Restaurant or onsite entertainment as we ate out everynight. San Remo was the best Restaurant we found very good value for money and lovely food, the staff were all very polite and helpful. The best bar we found was Splash on the seafront, the entertainment was chessey but great fun, again the staff (all British) were a great bunch of people and very friendly. For breakfast we used The Cavern (just outside Santa Rosa) 3.50 euros for a good hearty english breakfast.

We found the staff at Santa Rosa all very helpful and eager to please. Would stay at Santa Rosa again for sure."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

I will rturn

Good

"Marvellous size apartments, massive swimming pool, ideal for disabled as well. Perfect location regards to the centre of Costa teguise. A good half hour walk (maybe less if younger than 50) to the centre.Taxis are plentifull and cheap. Only on average a £1-00 a pint, food is cheap compared to England. Weather was buetiful. Would not recommend for teenagers,they should go to porta de carmen. Lovely sea views, plenty of local restaurants. The only critism was the noise of ignorant people slamming their doors, alll hours of the day and night. I have to say this was mainly young spanish people stopping there. If you have a Bungalow these are smaller in area, and you can not leave the sliding doors open at night when it gets a bit humid.Plenty of Brits live in this area, and are good for local advice."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

Best ever

"I went to Santa Rosa on my own from 6 to 20th September. This was my sixth trip to Lanzarote, 4th on my own, and this is the best set of apartments I have ever stayed in anywhere that I have been abroad.

They are set on the main road through Costa Teguise, so are on the main bus route. They are fairly new, and comprise of apartments and bungalows. I had one of the one bedroom bungalows facing onto the grazy golf but this did not bother me at all. The garden and patio in front of the bungalows give them a semi private feel anyway. The patio has a table, 3 chairs and also a decent washing line.

My first thought was that the reception was very nice, and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, at all levels. The reception staff are excellent and although this is mainly a Spanish hotel, therefore no English reps, they speak excellent English, and problems were sorted quickly and efficiently. I had problems with my safe, and they were brilliant.

The apartments are spotless. The pool area is the best I have seen, and the pool was fantastic, cold but in the heat that did not matter. Also each apartment has a television with a variety of programmes, and these are free to use (I do not usually watch TV on holiday).

There is everything that you would require within easy walking distance. There is a bank, pubs, restaurants and a supermarket within two minutes walk out of reception. The bus stop is 5 minutes away. The taxi rank 5 minutes the other way, but reception will order any taxis required. Playa Bastion beach is 10-15 minutes walk away, very popular with the Spanish especially at week-ends when they have family get togethers. The centre of Costa Teguise is 20-30 minutes walk either along the road or cutting across the peice of wasteland on the other side of the road you can walk along the pathway by the sea (very flat and a lovely walk after a day by the pool).

On the whole I would highly recommend these apartments to anyone. I did not go into the restaurant or the bar on site but they are there if required."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

Recommend this haven in Lanzarote

Good

"Highly recommended - we were self catering with older children (15 and 12) and were delighted with our accommodation in this peaceful haven.
2-bedroom apartment was poolside (worth requesting) and we could sit on our own patio and 'supervise' the kids swimming. There was a small play area too and we loved the fact that most of the other guests were Spanish, not British!
Plenty of supermarkets and cafes within very close walking distance (some a little too 'British') and many more in main resort. Beach was close as the crow flies but we found you had to walk 10 minutes to access it. A little further round the coast (another 15 minutes walk north along promenade) were better beaches and all the facilities of the main resort though.
Cannot comment on Santa Rosa's evening meals or entertainment as we did not use these facilities - tried their breakfast once and it was a very good buffet for 5.50 Euros each.
Pool was larger than expected and quite warm enough (but we did go in August!). Apartment was well-furnished and very comfortable and we had no complaints at all.
Would recommend for families or couples who appreciate a peaceful, relaxing environment to return to or are happy to spend days quietly by the pool.
We would happily return and would feel comfortable booking direct as staff were very polite and efficient."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Perfect apartment holiday

"Just back from a week at Santa Rosa. Great apartment complex close to, but just outside, the centre of Costa Teguise. We got a fantastic price through Hotelopia and were amazed at the value for money. Although the apartments had basic equipment they were spotless and large. Cleaned 5 days out of 7. Large balcony looking out over the two pools. Our only reservation was that the main pool wasn't heated and although we expected it it be cold it was too cold to swim at the end of March.
There are loads of good restaurants nearby and it is a pleasant walk into the town centre where there is a wide selection. We had a car and explored the island but also had a couple of really pleasant days sunbathing on the sheltered apartment balcony or around the pool area. They do offer a half board option but we didn't try this out as it was easy to find good places to eat at a reasonable price. All the staff were really helpful, spoke good English and provided info on car hire, trips etc
If we're back on Lanzarote we would definitely stay at Santa Rosa again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2007

Santa Rosa

Good

"My husband and I have just returned from 12 days at the Santa Rosa 21st Jan - 1st Feb 2007 and we really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the complex.
The bungalow that we stayed in was one bedroomed, the bathroom also had a bidet and the living room kitchen area was a good size for the 2 of us. There wasn't a kettle but we were able to boil water in a pan to make tea and I used the microwave to heat milk.
The maids did a very good job of cleaning the rooms and they were always very nice. We stayed half board only because it was a few more pounds to do this than self catering there.
I think we got our moneys worth just with the breakfasts, everything was available from fruit, cereal to eggs bacon and sausage, baked beans and tomatoes!!
The evening meals got a bit boring as they seemed very bland but as I say for what we paid we couldn't complain, so after our 1st week we eat out most nights.
If it has been raining just be carefull on the tiled walkways around the complex as they can get very slippy.
There are plenty of places to eat around the town, Villa Toledo, Versuvius, Irish Baileys do good breakfasts and you get a warm welcome from Richie and Lorraine at Hennesys Bar. McCoys Bar (John who runs the bar is a great fellow) just up from the Chucharas beach has really cold lager just what you need when the sun has been out all day!!
This is our 7th time of staying in Costa Teguise now, and I definately would stay at the Santa Rosa again even though it is about a 10 minute walk into Costa Teguise centre, but it's good exercise and you don't feel guilty about what you eat, knowing you can walk it off!
The weather our 2nd week was terrible which is unusual, but I think we were just unlucky this time."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of February 2007

Santa Rosa...a little gem!

Good

"14 of us stayed for one week in January at the Santa Rosa Apartments (a big family birthday). We had 4 apartments, all of which were very clean and well presented. The whole complex is very well maintained with a great pool.

Of the local restaurants I loved the one with the large camel outside (can't remember it's name) and totally recommend the fish and seafood casserole. For your own food there are 2 Netto supermarkets very close by.Car hire seemed reasonable too, we paid around £60 for 4 days, all in.

We took the obligatory excurcion to the Fire Mountains, choosing a cheap 12E trip as opposed to 38E. The cheaper ones mean that you sit through a sales pitch, but was quite funny and the rest of the tour was the same s the pricier trips. You find details of excursions on leaflets left under rocks on the street.

Our only mishap was that one of our apartments at the rear of the complex was burgled. We feeel staff could have been more helpful as it was totally left to us to get to the police station, pay for an interpreter and sort out in general. We rather felt that as it was their property then they should have done a little more.

Having said all that, would we go back? Most certainly! The area was quieter than other parts, which was lovely as you could just walk up to the louder area when the mood took you. Snorkelling in the 'lagoon' was fun, the local bars were friendly and the drink measures/prices extremely sociable! all in all a lovely cheap winter break."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of January 2007

Great holiday!

"Just returned from a fabulous week staying at Santa Rosa. Excellent apartments, friendly helpful staff good all round. Weather variable but still got a tan. Upgraded to half board, food quite basic but good selection. Near plenty of bars, Steptoes next door cheap for beer and food, but the best bar is the Sunburnt Arms round near the beach. Apart from a great name they have excellent country music nights and good entertainment. Pompei restaurant is also very good. We would certainly return to Santa Rosa - great value for money and central location."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of January 2007

Excellent value for money facility

"Just returned from a two week stay at the Santa Rosa. The apartment we stayed in was spotless and in a very relaxed location. The facilities were everything anyone could want, with all staff bending over backwards to provide the very best holiday experience. Food was on a buffet basis and very well prepared with something to suit all tastes. All in all a fantastic place to stay"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of May 2013

Cold and damp accommodation

Good

"Must say majority of staff very helpful, location about 20 mins walk from centre of costa teguise,our accommodation was a two bedroom bungalow which after a few days one of the bedrooms felt damp and smelled feisty,the bathroom ceiling was getting covered in black mould everyday probably with 4people getting showered 2 times everyday, I told people on reception who arranged to change mattresses, which made a big difference, mould got worse as time went on, we were there for 2 weeks, food was good,lovely well laid out complex, maybe we got got wrong accomodation if you go during winter months there is no heating in bungalows and got quite chilly and I would think in the summer there is no air con and no fans so it would probably be too hot and stuffy maybe the complex should look into this for the future other than that we enjoyed our stay"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2013

Hotels near Santa Rosa

Stayed at Santa Rosa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Santa Rosa

• Tonechaser by Tonechaser

"Just enjoy the on site facilities "

• dave w by dave w

"i would tell them to go to playa blanca!! "

• dave w by dave w

"even though we booked half board we ate out with any one of lani's restaurants being a good bet. "

• kathrineokeeffe by kathrineokeeffe

"quiet in december dont rely on weather "

• Cee Jay by Cee Jay

"Quiet resort compared to others "

Santa Rosa is also called