Sands Beach Resort

Avenida Islas Canarias, 18, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

what a let down

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I am now on my third day at this so called 5 star villas, on arrival i found to my horror that we were not on the system so as far as they were concerned we did not exist we had booked a beach front upper floor villa we were given a villa no 26 montana as far from were we should have been. We were given no indepth explanation as to why we were in this situation. We arrived at 1.30 pm we were dealt with at 5.30pm we had to bager the staff to assist us in our plight. We were told that the villa we had, had just been re-furnbished yet when went into the villa I had to go back to the desk with a list of items that had to put right before we could take the villa this was after waiting 3 hours for the villa. things such as no linen on the bed, no towels, no pillows. broken glass on the floor this just added to the general feelings we had, we were told that that the complex was fully booked nothing they could do."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2004

great great great

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"we have just returned from sands beach villas and intend to return as soon as possible,rooms were clean staff friendly entertainment fab for kids and adults,food fab,as parents of teenagers 12 and 15 they were never bored allways plenty to do how any body can not enjoy this place is unbelieveable.we will definietly be back."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2004

loved this holiday

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"i returned home on the 24th of june with my partner and 3 children i found this place to be very clean and safe i would however rate the villa as 4* rather than 5* i would highly recemend this holiday to anyone as we all really injoyed ourselfs and could not fault this holiday at all"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2004

Loved it, Loved it

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I have just come back from a week at the Sands Beach Villa's - and I can honestly say - I thought the place was fantastic all the staff were very friendly the entertainment was excellent. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would definitely be going back again very soon.

I stayed in one of the beach front Villas and could not fault it in anyway."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2004

great place

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Just back from sands beach on the 17th June & we are already planning next year, it was great.
I was there for 2 weeks with my parents, husband & 2 children aged 5 years & 2 years who had a ball.
We couldnt fault the complex at all, the staff were very friendly & couldnt have been more helpful with anything we went to them about.
We had to pay 150euro deposit when we arrived, for key & yellow pool towels which are changed for you daily at the laundry, which is great when you have 2 young children with you, deposit was returned when we left.
The villa is cleaned every day except thursday which was change over day & had everything you needed.
Didnt use the kids clubs as my son was happier just playing in the pool, so can't comment on that but know others who did & say it was great.
All & all a great holiday & can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2004

loved sandsbeach

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Got back from sands 8/6/04 last minute half term holiday,went with mum and 2 kids age10 age5.First impression of receptionist not good piece of paper shoved under my nose to fill in, not a word was spoken!Arrived at 10.30pm ish so they could of been tired but then so were we!150EURO deposit required upon arrival ,half spending money gone already!17EURO for safe no monies returned! Reception did get better as the week went on.Would not rate the villas as 5* though the grounds/pool areas were very nice!The rooms were not to bad though could do with some updating, if they got a dusting occasionaly it would make a difference!The kitchen had everything you could need really inc dish washer though didnt use as there was only 4 of everything inc cups etc.The resort was at the quieter end of CT.Lovely little cove just around the back with gorgeous views.The pool was cold though the kids did not seem to mind,the lagoon was warmer though a bit more crowded.Oldest child loved the spa pool!Never got round to the kids club though the evening entertainment was enjoyable,they always kept the best act till last so difficult to keep our 5yr old awake!Overall an enjoyable holiday think i would go back,mum did not care for the pull down/sofa beds but then it was only for 7nights!The maid came in everyday but Thursday.Towels could be changed daily if required thick and clean though a bit hard.Wish i was still there,i can dream about summer 2005!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of June 2004

brilliant for families

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"brilliant hotel, great for families there are 3 different entertainment areas and a selection of 12 pools together with ones for little babies, hotel is spotless and the staff and cleaners are very polite and helpful, be careful when booking though as they have 14 different types of accomadation, everything is on the complex so if you didn't want to go out you don't have to as there is restuarants on site of which you can have a takeaway if you wanted delivered free to your villa altogether a brilliant place to stay"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

not 5 Star!

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I returned from Sands Beach villas on the 17th May. This resort advertises itself as 5 star ('one of the world'sgreastest hotels'). Talk about false advertising!

The staff were rude and helpful, our pool was only cleaned twice when we were there. The cleaners did arrive everyday, but only moped the floors, the didn't even brush them they just moped the dirt into the corners of the room. Our Fridge seemed clean enough, but had a terrible stench, There was a two ring hob, which worked, but only just. at its hottest you could still put your hand on it. Generally the rooms were quite shabby for 5 star.

We booked this resort because it is meant to be good for children, but there didn't seem to be too many around, and the staff seemed to be bothered by them a lot of the time.

The shop was ver y well stocked, but as we only had a microwave to cook, we had to eat out most days.

Every 2 hours they play DVDS, and when you arrive they give you a time table for the week. I thought this a great idea, but They seemed unable to follow the time table, we saw many films 2 and 3 times and other films late or not shown at all.

I was lead to believe that Sands beach was in the centre of costa teguise, but it would be about a mile from it.

Don't get me worng I have stayed inmuch worse, and if sands beach had been adverised as a 3*, I propably wouldn't have been so critical.

I also think it is important to mention, is that if you are going to costa teguise, it is almost always cloudy and very very windy, and the pools were extremely cold."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2004

You've read the lies - now read rthe truth!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I have just returned after a week at this resort. (6th to 13th May 2004). There must be people out there with some strange personal agendas that have written some terrible things about this site. I can assure any people considering a visit that it is a great place! The villas are all well furbished, towels are of good quality and changed daily if placed in the bath. Everything works as it should (although our TV reception wa a bit iffy), the staff are always polite and helpful and are more than happy to carry your bags to and from. There is an airport transfer about every hour for a very modest cost (10 Euro per villa - not per person). The whole complex is kept spotlessly clean with the swimming pools being cleaned of leaves and debris daily - often when there is no need. The location is right on the sea front with many villas (and all first floor villas) providing a sea view. This was our second visit and we would be happy to return again and again. Ignore all those bad reports - they are simply untrue."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of May 2004

NOT 5 STAR AS ADVERTISED!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Stayed in a one bed plaza villa for one week commencing 29 April. The accommodation is tired and not particularly clean even though maids came in most days to clean it. Reception staff are miserable and not particularly helpful although the staff at the restaurant and Mai Tai Bar were really nice. Didnt use the entertainment much - bit too much like Butlins!!

I dont know how they can advertise the resort as five star. Booked five nights half board only to find out that this was for one person only (two of us travvelling) even though I had queried it with reservations prior to leaving Great Britain which they denied.

Dont bother going to this resort - it is not worth it!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of May 2004

Just ok.

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"This was out second trip to Sands Beach having previously visited in 2014. Unfortunately our experience didn't live up to the first and we feel the resort/hotel has declined since then. Most of the pool areas could do with a make over, a lot of them are frankly unsafe with ripped AstroTurf, broken tiles, old and dirty looking sun loungers. Frankly it makes the place look a mess. We stayed in a superior apartment but this was also looking tired and had a really strong damp smell in the bedroom. Cleaners came most days although I wouldn't say the cleaning was of a particularly high standard, although to be fair the rest of the hotel was tidy. Used the bar on a nightly basis but service was slow at times. The other point I would like to make is that there are certain members of staff working here (who appear to be the 'face' of the hotel and participate in PR such as writing on forums and review websites) who are unprofessional and clearly don't like the hotel being criticized in anyway. The responses I have seen from these two staff members are sarcastic, unnecessary and sometimes comprise of personal and hostile comments being made towards guests. Hotel management needs to have a good think about the image that is being portrayed of the hotel via these people. We won't be returning to Sands Beach I'm afraid. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2016

OUTSTANDING HOLIDAY

Reviewed Fri 25th of March 2016

"What can I say about Sands Beach Resort! Well we had an amazing holiday here, the staff were the friendliest I have ever come across, they really couldn't do enough for us.
Very happy and polite! I have stayed in Lanzarote 6 times at different places and I can honestly say this was the best by far. The room was very clean, we had to put a sign on the door for the maids who then would come in and clean the room, leave fresh towels and make the beds, there was no limit to how many times this was done in the week. The room was very equipped, lovely balcony.
we also had a Anti-stress full body massage in the Spa which was so relaxing. We went half board and the food was absolutely delicious, not 1 bad meal.
There was 7 swimming pools, Jacuzzi and man made beach, also right on the seafront, you couldn't have picked a better location! Cannot wait to get back there!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2016

Hotels near Sands Beach Resort

Stayed at Sands Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sands Beach Resort

• daviespost by daviespost

"Good family resort - very clean "

•  A Powell by  A Powell

"Costa Teguise 20 mins away a great "

•  A Powell by  A Powell

"Cutty Sark and the Sports Bar opposite hotel was great "

•  A Powell by  A Powell

"cutty sark and highlander restaurants "

• sunseekers from wales by sunseekers from wales

"great for families and couples alike "

• charis by charis

"read trip advisor all reviews and book with owners direct "

• jennie_angel67 by jennie_angel67

"Would definatly recommend "

• WEYMOUTHIAN by WEYMOUTHIAN

"beach front is the place to stay..lagoon and peaceful even though theres children around "

• Pat L by Pat L

"book a ground floor,if you like a good drink,you dont want to go falling down the stairs "

• Mel_p by Mel_p

"Don't just stay in resort - take a short cheap bus ride to Arricife or Puerto Del Carmen "

• fayelb by fayelb

"use the spa, very professional and relaxing "

Sands Beach Resort is also called