Oceano Apartments

Avenida Jablillo 12, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

Excellent Holiday

"My boyfriend and I have just come home from an amazing holiday in Lanzarote. When we booked the apartments it said it was 2 key and we were a little worried about what that meant. After a 12 hour delay we arrived first thing in the morning. It was very quiet and we wondered what we had come to but after looking around later, we realised it was a brilliant place. The apartments were lovely. Very clean and spacious. The maids came in every 2nd day to give you fresh towels and clean the place. The pool area was great although there were only 4 umbrellas put out each day so make sure you put your towels down early! We usually go to Greece so at the beginning of the holiday we were not used to the wind. However, by the end of the holiday it was much appreciated as it got hotter each day. Girls, make sure you take a cardigan for at night as it does get quite chilly when you are walking about. The pool bar staff were lovely. The woman is so kind and makes you feel very welcome.

Trips
We booked through Thomas Cook and we went on the 'Volcanic Escape' which was great and you see some amazing sites! We also went to Fuerteventura for the day which was great. The sand dunes are amazing!

Restaurants
We would recommend steaks at Casa Blanca. Best we have ever tasted. Mastil is also a lovely restaurant - great pizzas! We also loveld Lani's which is part of chain of 3 restaurants. We ate there 5 nights and never got bored!Fantastic place!

Enjoy!It is an excellent place!:)"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

Excellent value for money

"Me and my mum stayed here and were pleasently surprised, the apartments were basic but very clean and very spacious, alot of people moan about there being cracks in the bath and so on, but when do you ever get a bath on holiday? it wasnt modern but again it was clean, we even had a fresh coffee maker in the cupboard and a toaster. The cleaner cleaned our room 3 times in one week and changed towels everytime which was impressive considering we were self-catering, the pool is of course cold but so is every other pool in Lanzarote. The complex is in a fantastic location with friendly staff and very safe. If you are looking for value for money, cleanliness and good location, then the Oceano comes highly recommended!! 5 * * * * *"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

lovely, peaceful and clean

Good

"Just back from a week staying at the oceano apartments in Costa teguise. The resort itself is lovely and clean withe a beautiful sandy beach. Plenty of gift shops and 3 Spar supermarkets. A lot of British pubs serving British food also quite a few Chinese restaurants and Pizza places.We ate most night at the SCOTCH AND WRY, a lovely little place run by Glaswegians who have been ther for 6 years and they serve the best British food ever.Their steak is to die for.
The room we stayed in at the Oceano Apartments was relly spacious and clean and had everythin you could need for a self catering holiday. The maids came every second day to clean and leave fresh clean towels and our bed was changed on our 3rd day there. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday then this is the place to go.My only fault is the water was slow running at times especially the shower.
All in all I would have no hesitation in going back here again any time of the year."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of November 2007

Great Holiday

"Stayed at the Oceano Apts from the 9th August for 2 weeks and had a great holiday. The apartments are situated on one of the main roads in Costa Teguise so you were surrounded by bars and restaurants. Their is two beaches a couple of minutes walk away and the apts also has an excellent pool. The apartments were clean, basic and quite large for 2 people. The maids came in every other day which i thought was really good for a self catering holiday.
Costa Teguise itself is quite quiet on a night and most of the pubs we went to was empty. I would definately reccommend a day out at the waterpark in the resort. It only cost us €4 in a taxi there and is a brilliant day. Good food : if you like you good english grub while your away look for the Cutty Sark which is round on the seafront on the Las Cucharas beach they do lovely food, cheap drinks and the best full english breakfast in resort. Get yourself to the Texan steakhouse which is in the little square near the Hook cocktail bar which does excellent cheap cocktails and the lighthouse for good food and cocktails. Overwhile while my boyfriend and i enjoyed our holiday and the beaches are amazing i think this resort is more suited for families or couples wanting a quiet holiday. But the apartments for what we paid for them was top notch and would reccommend to anyone"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

A Wonderful Place to Stay!!

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Oceano in mid June 07, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

When we first arrived at Costa Teguise it looked very desolate, so were starting to worry we'd get very bored. Oceano, however, is placed slap bang in the middle of the main resort so no taxi's were needed for a good day/night out.

The hotel manager was extremely friendly, and spoke very good english. We were shown the way to room 101 (it didn't turn out to be an omen) and were shocked by the size of the room. It was very spacious, very light and airy, and extremely clean.

There's a safe if needed for valuables which only costs a few euros, and a TV (run on a meter). I can't comment on the cooking appliances as we never ate in. We were only staying for 7 nights but our room was cleaned 3 times! A definate bonus in my opinion! The only down side was the shower, which did no more than dribble!

The pool bar was OK, nothing to write home about (very small) but the staff were always cheerful. The pool looked very clean (again, a bit small) but we didn't use it as the gorgeous and very busy beach was only a 5 minute walk away.

The beach is filled with sun loungers (for a small fee) which was great for us, as I could lay in the sun whilst my boyfriend hid under the parasol (he burns easily), and we ate fresh coconut bought by a man selling all sorts of fresh fruit.

There are lots of bars, most of which are very english and perfect for families as they have either live entertainment or reality TV shows on TV such as Big Brother etc (not my cup of tea but kept others happy). There were also 2 discos, which were great if you enjoy dancing and drinking, although the prices were very steep for drinks.

The restaurants were mainly Tex Mex, Italian or grills, so not much traditional Spanish tapas etc, but there were many places to choose from.

All in all, this was a great spot for families who enjoy hot weather with a home from home feel and a bit of entertainment.

P.S. Try the waterpark if you have children - great fun! I think it was 21euros each for adults and 4euros each way for a taxi."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Fantastic

"After spending 2 weeks at the apartments that I had not read too many good reviews on, I am overwhelmed by the level of accommodation and service that I received.

For a 2 star rating I had a very clean room, the bathroom was fantastic and the shower was good. My room was cleaned every other day and bedding changed every 4th day. If any extra cleaning was needed a request to reception was all that was needed.

My room was above the bar and it was not too noisy, it also closed at midnight so even if it was noisy, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The pool is a good size and clean. The staff were fantastic and always seemed cheerful.

I will definitely stay at these apartments again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Apartments are clean and tidy

Good

"We arrived in Lanzarote for the first time for a 5 day stay. We only paid £150 each so weren't expecting much. The apartments were clean and spacious, however our room was over the Bulldog pub (room 200). Try to avoid this as much as possible as they have karaoke nights that go on until 2am - although if you have a drink and can sleep through anything (as I can), then you will be ok. Staff were execptional and the location was fantasic as it is only a 2 minute walk into the centre and to the beach.

We went on the Grand Tour with Luton Travel. If you enjoy sight seeing then this is a must - Fire Mountain is spectacular and if I was to go again I would hire a car and spend more time there.

We also went Scuba Diving with Atlantida Diving. We are experienced divers and found them to be very personable and chilled out. The diving is ok and the water temperature is 20 / 21 degrees.

All in all an ok holiday but Lanzarote is 'Little Britain'. If you want a home from home holiday this is the perfect place for you, however if you want some form of culture I would go to a different Island."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

Top marks for the Oceano

Good

"A group of 11 of us stayed at the Oceano apartments at the beginning of May. The rooms are basic but clean and have everything you need. Couples - word of warning all the beds are twin so can make sleeping arrangements difficult!

The apartments are in a great location, close to all amenities and the beach. In peak season i'm guessing it could be a little more noisy. The pool and bar are great, Mo and Susana (the couple who run the pool bar) made us feel incredibly welcome and made our holiday with their hospitality.

The airtours rep was there everyday except Wednesdays (beware of the pushy women she brings to the welcome meeting one tries to sell you sun cream, the other offers you a 'free' day out if you spend the morning looking at future holiday possibilitys.

All in all a great family resort, we'd go back in a flash."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

great time by all,

"Just returned from Oceano apt, had a very warm welcome from all. The Airtours rep was present every day. Because of the small complex everyone became very friendly, in just a week we made great friends from mainland uk. Mo and his wife susanne who run the the pool bar made great breakfast's, a very pleasant couple who are willing to help. The rooms were spacious but basic, all you need for a holiday. However I would not like to have had a room over the bulldog pub, could get a bit noisy. location was perfect, near to shops, pubs and cafe's.
Cant wait to visit again."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Club sandwiches was their only saving grace!!!

"Four "sensible" and fun lovin lads only out to enjoy themselves came face to face on our very first afternoon with rules an regulations beyond belief. no sooner had we un-packed an got ready for an afternoon by the pool, it seemed that the usual stereo-type that tags along with lads on holiday, would be our mis-fortune! the "so-called" rep felt an overwhelming urge to stamp his authority early on despite no reason in him needing to do so! this made all of us reluctant to enjoy ourselves and felt out-casted and inclined to go elsewhere during the swealtering days! hotel though' very good and food fantastic when we actually felt brave enough to dine there as the staff were of the same conclusions that we were yobs!!!!! no locks on toilets neither toilet roll!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2005

best holiday ever

"We visited Lanzarote in November just past and stayed at the Oceano apartments and I can honestly say it was the best holiday we have been on the room was spotless you could have eaten your dinner of the floor everything is so close by and the staff are so accommodating I cant wait to get booked to go again."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of January 2014

1 week April 2012

Good

"Really cheesed off when we got there as Thomas cook had lost my luggage, so that was a bad start to the holiday.
The apartments need a little TLC, but you get what you pay for, but overall very good service Mo & Suzanne's bar Really nice, they do a Bq on a Tuesday night that's very good.
Located perfectly for all the bars & beach, not that much noise at night.
Would go back................. "

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2012

Hotels near Oceano Apartments

Stayed at Oceano Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Oceano Apartments

• birkiesean by birkiesean

"Very well laid out.Excellent coastal path "

• tina tiny williams by tina tiny williams

"we found it really cheap and everything on your door step "

• tina tiny williams by tina tiny williams

"the volcano is a must "

• surreydave by surreydave

"great location,lovely beaches "

• surreydave by surreydave

"camel rides and volcanos....but dont book with tour rep as nearly twice the price "

• Tricky_Dicky by Tricky_Dicky

"Great value for a week in the sun with a very friendly atmosphere. "

• Mercer/Mullen by Mercer/Mullen

"Quiet, Friendly, Relaxed "

• Mercer/Mullen by Mercer/Mullen

"LaPadella restaurant and The Irish Baily Pub "

• W Gorvin by W Gorvin

"be aware of the high euro, shop around "

• W Gorvin by W Gorvin

"Hennesys bar on the beach,great food. The day trips are expensive,so we did not go..High Euro !! "

• 43mercer by 43mercer

"Hammys is good for breakfast and snacks. Playa Blanca marina worth a visit "

• p.galloway by p.galloway

"loads of bars around you "

Oceano Apartments is also called