If you are looking for football shirt we...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"If you are looking for football shirt wearing lager louts don't go to the Hotel Beatriz! Thankfully it is free of "Benidorm Brits"! I would guess that 70% of the clientelle are Spanish, and the evening entertainment is geared towards them. Nevertheless we enjoyed the efforts made by the entertainment staff who made basic translations into English. The hotel itself is stunning-check out the fairy lights and indoor waterfall. Our room was very clean and well decorated. Not at all "tired looking" as has been mentioned in a previous review. The food at breakfast and evening time was great. It was also piping hot, with variations on the evening menu each day. The staff were extremely courteous and made a real effort with our ten year old daughter, Alex. The outdoor area is very clean, with a small crazy golf course within the grounds. A word of warning; one of the main pools is not heated, a bit of a shock at first but you soon get used to it. The other large pool is warmer! It is only a 15 minute walk to the seafront, but the hotel run a courtesy bus between 10am-2pm, and 4pm-6pm. I walked back up to the Hotel a few times and it took me about 20 minutes, and helped me top up my tan! My only "gripe" is that there is no outdoor bar area of an evening. It would have been nice to sip a drink outside on a night, instead we had to use the two indoor bars, which were both fine, incidentally. Fabulous cocktails! We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone who appreciates the more "typically Spanish" holiday. We would certainly return!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

My wife and I have stayed at the Beatriz...

Reviewed Sat 19th of July 2008

"My wife and I have stayed at the Beatriz many times since it opened. Each time we have returned from our holiday refreshed and relaxed. The outdoor pool and sun bathing area is hard to better anywhere in Europe and the staff are friendly and helpful. The grounds are extensive and may be remote for some. After the 10th visit, the food is predictable and we have noticed the hotel get more distressed every year - nothing intensive maintenance wouldn't sort out. Overall, however, for the price, we believe it is good value for money and the hotel does appreciate repeat business.

The bedrooms are very spacious and the dining room is light and airy. The Spa, whilst expensive, adds another dimension and live music in the evenings, preceded by a pianist in the Manila bar, means that you don't have to leave the hotel if you don't want to."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

Holiday was brilliant. It is definately...

Reviewed Sun 13th of July 2008

"Holiday was brilliant.
It is definately a relaxing holiday, as Costa Teguise has no lively clubs just some good bars.
Pool is huge, and when we went it was totally empty!!! Often we were the only ones swimming in the pool. Lush. Lots of sunbeds avaliable.
Not very many english people to talk to, as it is extremely popular with the Spanish. Great family hotel. Not good for young couples who want to make friends. But good if they want a fantastic relaxing holiday in a posh hotel.
Food is quite expensive. but that is just the euro for you. They charge you for bread with your meal. so if you dont want it be quick to say.
Evening and breakfast meals wonderful. Lots of chice!!!
Staff great.
sun fanstastic and there is a strong breeze so you are kept cool. But still hot!
Definately vising Cesar Manriques home. This is a must.

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

this hotel is one of the best hotels we...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"this hotel is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. the staff were so great, the food was lovely, the hotel was beautiful. we were there when it rained heavy, yes there were buckets catching the rain, (they are not used to so much rain in lanzarote), the staff were overwhelmed by all the rain, it was a deluge. you cannot call the hotel because it poured down.it was a real bad storm. the staff were excellent and coped well with such a bad situation, i cannot praise them highly enough.
when you walk into the hotel spa, it takes your breath away, it is so lovely, we were in there for the whole day one day, so relaxing, my skin had never felt so nice.
I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of trying this hotel, to go there in december to see their christmas lights. they are so lovely they made me cry. I will never forget my holiday to the hotel beatriz, I will definately be back near christmas to see the christmas lights again. hope to see you there, you wont be dissapointed."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

we booked a last minute holiday and had...

Reviewed Fri 23rd of May 2008

"we booked a last minute holiday and had a fantastic time.starting with the first choice airline staff, they were friendly and helpful in all ways.
the staff in the hotel were very friendly,and went out of their way to please.the food was good with plenty of choice.the entertainment catered forall ages, couldn't fault it in anyway. can't understand the negative comments, the spa facilities were very good, the rooms were
of a very good standard. reception staff were always helpful and friendly. what more can anyone expect from a package holiday for the
price paid."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of May 2008

An excellent stay was had by myself and...

Reviewed Tue 29th of April 2008

"An excellent stay was had by myself and my young family at this Hotel. We have visited the Canaries every year for 10 years or more and can safely say that this hotel ranks up there with the best of them. Service from the staff is easily the best we have ever encountered and the food at least as good as anything else around. This is a lovely, peacefull hotel where you arent bombarded by music around the pool in the day and the entertainments staff leave you well alone if you dont want to be bothered. the pool is excellent, plenty of sunbeds on offer, small kiddies pool, one heated pool and one unheated.

Super views from all areas and good size rooms.

Minor points - I would expect to see a professional act every nite in this standard hotel - I think we saw perhaps 4 professional acts in addition to the house band that played every nite. Also, our room balcony wasn't swept for the whole week which I thought a bit strange given the overall cleanliness of the Hotel. It was difficult to get any food after 4 pm in the evening until dinner time - again I found this strange as the pool bar stopped serving food a 4pm and closed altogether at 5pm.

Other than that - could not be faulted - I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a quiet week away, dont worry about it being a walk to the beach - free Hotel bus or 3 Euro taxi ride.

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2008

I have read the bad comments about this...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of April 2008

"I have read the bad comments about this hotel and i dont understand how you can say a bad word about it! I stayed in the beatriz for 2 weeks and i loved it. The hotel looked beautiful and the food was amazing. They had different food on every night and you had such a wide choice. All the staff were very friendly including the maids. The view from my room was great and the hotel in general was very clean and welcoming. I am going back to the beatriz this year and i can't wait! I would definately recommend this hotel to others."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of April 2008

Looking at some of the other comments ab...

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2008

"Looking at some of the other comments about this hotel, I am wondering if I stayed in the same place as other critics!
My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Beatriz and ok, there are faults but not on the scale people are making out.
One person complained about aircraft! The hotel is 12 miles from the airport and the only planes we saw were so high they could barely be seen!
We found the hotel staff, reception, waiters, bar staff and cleaners to be most helpful and friendly. Any query or request was dealt with efficiently and was never too much bother for them.
The rooms were basic but very clean and comfortable, the beds were made every day and the towels were changed if we requested it. I agree that the TV left a lot to be desired with only Sky Sports and Sky News in English!
We found the food to be adequate, not as much variety as I have seen in other Lanzarote hotels but it was well presented and hot. The scrambled eggs and bacon were exceptional!
The pool bar supplied a good variety of snacks which were quickly served and reasonable prices.
Evening entertainment was a disapointment as the main act did not start until 10-30 and only lasted an hour, otherwise a small band did their best but after 3 nights, boredom set in!
The hotel is, unfortunately, 25 or so minutes walk from the beach and the courtesy bus only runs 10am-1-30pm then 4-30pm-5-30pm. However, reception supplied taxis within 5 minutes and at the most it cost 2-50 euros to get there!
Daytime activities were fun but no one nagged you to join in so were not obtrusive.
Our holiday rep. was helpful tho she had only been there a week! Anything she didn't know, she found out.
All in all we had no major problems with this hotel and would happily stay there again.
If you do go, a couple of must do's:- try and get around on the local buses, very efficient and cheap! The hotel will arrange a bus to Teguise Market on a Sunday for only 10euros per person return, cheaper than the tour company!
On your last night (or even before) visit The Lively Lady showbar in Costa Teguise! An evening with J.K., Miss Kitty and the gang will take your mind off the return trip! Hilarious!!
Keep away from the local "electrical retailers"! Rip off merchants one and all! Over the years I've heard too many dire stories about these people. The "bargains" are not what they seem.
This was my 5th. trip to Lanzarote and I am thinking of living there so it's not all doom and gloom as some would have you think.
ENJOY!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

From the outside the hotel is very impre...

Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2007

"From the outside the hotel is very impressive, reception staff very helpful. Everywhere looked clean and tidy until it rained.

The carpet in the room was soaked due to a leaky patio door. Both bar areas & reception were littered with buckets to catch the leaks in the roof & old bed linen to stop the spread.

The food was always cool I complained to the rep. who was not interested. I complained to the maitre who showed me the microwave.

Then they started playing piped music in the dining room, not carols, as it was December but Spanish rock & opera, then Beethoven. When I complained they turned up the volume.

The hotel is about 25 minutes walk up hill from the supermarket & the bus stops running between 1 05 & 4 30 the hotel does not sell large bottles of water only small at 1.50.

We found the best place for a HOT meal was cactus jacks near the spa supermarket & la Terraza near the Netto supermarket.

I would not recommend this hotel as it is set in an area of waste land & does not seem to cater for English guests with entertainment which is mainly in Spanish, with food or attitude."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of December 2007

We spent the first four nights of our ho...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of September 2007

"We spent the first four nights of our honeymoon at the Beatriz, before spending a further two weeks in a private villa. We had a brilliant time, but do think 4 nights was long enough.

Our room was very spacious and had everything you required. The maid service was very good and we were always treated to some towel formation - usually swans!

The room had a mini bar but you are not allowed to put your own drinks in the fridge, so having cold drinks in your room was not an option unless you were willing to pay more.

Rooms were air conditioned and had a lovely view of the pool. The carpets were a little grotty!

The buffet choice was fab. Plenty of different dishes. Loved the free Cava at breakfast! Each night had a different theme - Italian, Chinese, etc. The buffet would probably become a little repetitive if you were there for a week/a fortnight.

The pool areas were clean and well presented, but the pools were freezing, even though one was supposed to be heated. No problems with getting a sunbed, even at 2 in the afternoon.

Reception staff were friendly; especially Mr Bo jangles the guy who takes your suitcases! Waiters and bar staff were all pleasant.

The location is not fantastic, but the bus service provided is very regular to the town centre. We have been to Costa Teguise several times and were surprised at how quiet the resort was for August. The weather was typical of Lanzarote - very cloudy in the mornings and glorious sunshine from one onwards. Oh and as windy as ever!

We would recommend this hotel for a short stay or possibly a week."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

The Hotel was nice, big room nice recept...

Reviewed Fri 27th of July 2007

"The Hotel was nice, big room nice reception staff clean and tidy.

Food good, all different things to choose. Watch for the little sparrows.

If you are a plane spotter you are in for some good photos, planes are so close as you are only few mins from runway, you can actually walk over to the runway across the beach. Did not find them loud.

The bar staff at the pool side were not that helpful the only one that actually tried to smile was Ranaldo ( topper of a guy) he also does shifts in the Pizzeria restaurant which you have to book the day before at reception.

The Pool side bar staff not good at speaking English, the Spanish spoken people got served first most of the time even though you were 1st in the line. You would think being a holiday resort with all kinds of languages. You would have some English lingo.

My partner and I are used to hot weather, but at night time bring something cosy, as it gets windy and cold.

Entertainment was ok, as the show did all different languages started a sentence in Spanish, and ended it in English, bit annoying but I think it was good in way."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

I and my boyfriend (aged 26 & 31) booked...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of July 2007

"I and my boyfriend (aged 26 & 31) booked this last minute about a month before, looking for a relaxing holiday. We had a really lovely time.

The hotel is impressive and our room was great. It was huge, with a massive wardrobe covered in full length mirrors. Nice clean bathroom with 2 sinks, lots of toiletries including shoe shine!! And clean towels every day. We were greeted with a nice complimentary half bottle of red wine.

The pool area was absolutely gorgeous with a Jacuzzi and nice pool bar serving good food. Loads of sunbeds.

The restaurant was really nice, all tables laid out with table cloths and a waiter for each table, although some struggled to understand English or Spanish for that matter.

However they were all really nice and friendly and tried their best and being in Spain, shouldn't expect English to be spoken! The food was better than good. Loads of choice, soups, salads, which included King Prawns one night, pastas, meats, fish, vegetables, loads of fresh bread, loads of puddings, loads of fruit, ice creams, all really yummy.

We ate out one night for a bit of a change. The good thing in the restaurant is that they also do theme nights, so in our week we had a Chinese and an Italian night.

The Spa was brilliant, although you do have to pay which was a bit misleading when booking (only 10 Euros) and well worth it. You have 2 hours of relaxation, saunas, Jacuzzi, steam rooms and more.

The only thing we could really fault was the location. The hotel is just in the middle of waste ground with hardly any thing nearby. The hotel is about 1 mile from Costa Teguise, which is fine as there is a free bus to and from the hotel but this resort wasn't that great, with lots of English style pie and chip restaurants and pubs. We hired a car and would highly recommend going to Papaguaya beach.

Oh and the only other thing is that the hotel itself doesn’t sell bottles of water. The piano bar sells them in the evening but quite expensive, 3 Euros for 2 small bottles. And the weather wasn't great, almost every day, and cloud until 3pm or some days, cloudy all day. Take at least one jumper, just in case!! This island is always very windy.

Overall, had a really lovely time and came home feeling relaxed. Would recommend this hotel. Noticed there was a great kiddies rep for the youngsters too if any families are thinking of this one."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007