Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa

Calle Atalaya s/n, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

Bargain deal

Good

"Myself and partner got a very good deal for half board for a week and were very pleased with it. Yes the hotel is dated in areas perhaps even abit shabby but you must always remember that a 4* abroad is never the same as a 4* in the UK, so you musn't make the mistake of comparison.
Initally we were in room 519 until the entertainment started and we thought it was in our room! we went to reception first thing the next morning & were given another room where we heard no noise at all (No 454)- you have to be abit persistant, don't except that the hotel is full if they try that one first!
We liked the fact that the majority of customers were mature & very few children were around as it made for a quiet & relaxing time. The majority of the customers were european, italian, a few spanish & lots of germans....but before you groan any hotel that has alot of europeans in it is always a good sign because europeans generally expect a certain level of service and get it ! this was evident in our stay, I guess it helped that my partner can speak german (always VERY useful!).
The food was typical of buffet style but if you could not find anything to eat there would definately have to be something wrong with you. The choice was extensive covering most things imaginable. I am a slightly fussy eater but I never starved!
There is a market on Sunday in Teguise - DONT BOTHER it is purely for tourists only & the stuff for sale is over priced and all the same. It is not a typical market with everything including produce & locals attending, this is purely directed at tourists with appropriate prices attached! If you do feel the need to go get the local bus instead of paying extortinate prices, it was under 4 euros one way for two people! I guess because we paid less than half the going rate for our break it was extremely good value for us & we would certainly go back for a relaxing week again. The hotel is a good 10/15 minute walk away to the beach but compared to other hotels in the area (we did visit others) it was definately the right choice."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of March 2006

great holiday

"arrived 29.12.05 with 2 boys (6 & 9). Staff were helpful and arranged for some food even though it was past midnight when we arrived. The rooms are really clean & the maids came in every day except one while we were there. If you are expecting 5* luxury at 2* prices then it will dissapoint you, but if you want a good clean room with reasonable amenities then you will be delighted. The food was about what I expected but could be a little hotter although it was plentiful & varied. We had an all inclusive deal & we actually struggled to spend much money! With regards to the entertainment the hotel is a little basic but our kids adored it so that was cool with us. The kids enjoyed the kids club & me & my husband had a go at archery & rifle shooting which was fun. If you wanted a little more in the sense of classy evening entertainment the the Sands Hotel across the road was apparently great (and free) although we didn't bother. I felt the whole experience was one of laid back, relaxed & easy going. If you want nightlife & bars, discos etc until after 12.00 then Costa Teguise is not the place for you. I would recommend it for families & older couples, not your 18 - 30's. We hired a car & saw the island - it is worth doing & will save you a fortune on the cost of the trips. The volcano is excellent. The resort of Playa Blanca is nice & is where the ferry goes to Fuerteventura. The market at inland Teguise on a Sunday is worth a trip but you must haggle!!!
On the whole I would highly recommend Club Siroco as a good honest, clean establishment suitable for most."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of January 2006

Peace and quiet - You jest

"Arrived after 6 hour delay to be told I would have to wait over an hour for dinner as restaurant closed. Being diabetic I could not wait and so ordered food from room service at extra cost to me. Food in general is a problem at this hotel. Goat and rabbit are not high on my list when dining out neither is turkey ( Christmas Eve Gala Meal ) when served in lumps complete with bones - have seen road kill look more appetizing. The whole piglet adorning cold buffet complete with eyes open was enough to make you veggie. Most food was cold hence the micro wave oven in the dining room. Pool area was being re tiled so noise from angle grinder and the dumper truck being used around the pool made it impossible to relax and chill out - the whole idea of my staying here. Two swimming pools turned green over night and I dont know why and feared the answer should I have ventured to ask! Room was of a good standard as usually I end up in a broom cupboard as a single traveller. Will not be returning and this " none " holidays is subject to formal complaint to Portland direct"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of December 2005

3* hotel

"Don't be fooled by it size as you drive up to it, this is a 3 STAR HOTEL at best.

This hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. If a hotel has five stars by its name you don't expect bits of plaster missing and touched up with a bit of emulsion, carpets in the corridor split.

The worst has to be the food which was disgusting, I'm not a fussy eater but I just mainly eat the salads and sweets which were just edible. Don't go into the dinning room late as you have no chance of getting anything remotly hot or edible. The tables are not cleaned away until somebody sits down and a grunt from the waiters. In there defence it seem that the dinning room is under staffed.

Pool area is nice but has the coldest water I have ever come across, even the so called acclimatized pool.

The hote is set back from Tequise and is a brisk 25 mins from the main areas of Tequise and not a few hundreds metres as it says in the brouchures, ok during the day but is a long walk at night.

The people at reception don't speak much English at all, the rest don't speak any at all.

This hotel seems to cater mainly for the Spanish as it was about 75% Spanish people there.

A good refurbishment and the dinning area sorted out would bring this hotel up to scratch, a good guide of a hotel is would you go back and I wouldn't go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of November 2005

A Place Of Tranquility?? Yeh Right!!!!!

"me and my fiance just got back from the beatriz on thrusday! my mum had highley recommended that we go there! at frist glance the hotel is truly amazing. Rooms i found were not up to 4 star and could definatly do with a refurb.food was bearly warm and found that buy the second week it all tasted the same! my boyfriend and i are 22 and found that a lot of the people there are in there 40s. i also found that the spanish people that were staying there we rude and ignorantt.It was a case of if youre stupid you've got the job, staff i found to be rude slamming the coffee down at breakfast they were disorganised we waited half an hour most mornings for a table at brekfast and then another 15 for coffe. when we were having our evening meal they used to stand right infront of our table talking and laughing, and im not exagerating there bums were touching the end of our table. I found that the place was full of spanish and it made you feel a bit like an outsider the entertainment was good after half ten before that you had a realy doggy band trying to sing. down the road you have some shops and restaurants, we eat out a few times for breckfast which was 2 euros and a meal at night would set you back 20 euros for two people! i would advise people going to only stay a week any longer and you most definatly see the craks i wouldnt go back not even when i am older which is a shame because the hotel is lovely and i am not a complainer i just here so many good storys that i needed to tell people what we had experienced."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

staff had no english

"Just arrived back after a week in the Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa. The hotel building itself was very impressive but the bedrooms were just ordinary. As stated in previous review you could not use the mini bar to store your own food and water. A small bottle of still water costs 1.50 euro in hotel, I could buy a 1 and half litre in local supermarket for 70 cents.
The half board basis was just alright, the food was all buffet style and was very plain and sometimes cold or dried up if you didnt get there within a half hour of Buffet opening.
The biggest complaint i have is the staff were not one bit friendly and had little or no english. None of the staff in the restaurant, buffet, or snack bar, Niagra bar or any other part of hotel understood one word I was saying causing me to get food and drink i had not requested. The entertainemnt was dreadful and again was all in Spanish with one young man trying to speak a little bit of english but was very broken.
The spa was lovely would recommend the nine euro hydro therapy. however the relaxing massage costing 33 euro was not relaxing and was actually very sore!!!!Wouldnt go back to this hotel but Costa Teguise itself is lovely!!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2005

Terrible Food!!!

"Just returned from a week in Hotel Beatriz. Very friendly staff and lovely pool and facilities. the bedrooms however are a little tired and could do with some smartening up. Also guests are not allowed to use the minibar to store your own drinks etc. Air conditioning is controlled yourself which is great. We stayed on half board basis and the buffet food was atrocious, so much so we ate out every night. Overall nice quiet hotel but could do with a facelift and a new chef!!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2005

Really spacious hotel

"Went end of August, two adults and one 7 year old, for one week.

Really lovely hotel, very spacious. The design of this hotel is impressive. Big reception area, with a few shops, piano bar to one lower lever and entertainment bar with games room & spa to another lower level.

Rooms were clean, the bathroom is big with two sinks and very clean.

The restuarant had loads to choose from for breakfast and evening meal. Evening meals did eventually end up being quite similular but food was always nice.

The pool area was brilliant, had one heated pool, one with fountain which started shallow and became deeper, one small childrens pool and one really deep adult only pool. There was so many sunbeds around we never had the problem fighting for beds, loads empty.

The only complaint I can make was the entertainment. The hotel seemed to cater more for the spanish, I would say there were 90% spanish people there and 10% english. The mini disco started at 20:30 and finished at 21:00. The shows didn't start until 22:45/23:15 and between this you had a live ban singing 'Tie a yellow ribbon' and 'Save all your kisses' in Spanish, so by the time the shows starter we were fed up and ended going to bed early.

The hotel is about 20 minutes walk to the centre shops and bars.

In general, accept for the entertainment, this hotel was really lovely."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

A brilliant hotel

"My parents have been regular visitors at this hotel for several years now and on my first visit in June 2004 I was extremely impressed. The rooms might be in need of refurbishing, but they are extremely clean and the facilities are more than adequate.
The Beatriz's main selling point is its extremely friendly and very efficient staff as well as the excellent spa, which provides a great range of treatments and excellent service. It's not too far out of town, but there is plenty to keep you occupied at the hotel, with nightly, very varied entertainment, a couple of bars with differening ambience, great food served in the restaurant, and a variety of fun games througout the day. The pool area is also excellent, with a heated swimming pool and another pool, perfect for an invigorating swim each day! Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

Glass and Class

Good

"My partner and I visited this 4 star hotel in April 2005 following the recommendations from Tripadvisors reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel and staff were exemplary. This very large hotel would not be a suitable choice for anyone who preferred cosiness and intimacy due to the spacious areas in and aroung the hotel. We found this an advantage. The rooms are large and clean with full bathrooms and constant hot water. The shower was so invigorating. The food was exceptional with a choice for everyone. Occasionally we had to wait a few minutes to be seated for our evening meal but the Maitre was always pleasant and apologetic and the restaurant staff gave an excellent service.The nightly entertainment was varied, we found difficulty in understanding the compere but he did his best to translate in 3 different languages. The Spa was very therapeutic with a good range of treatments on offer each day.
It was a good 15 mins walk from the hotel into the centre of Costa Teguise and the beach. It was extremely windy when we were there and we found this all too much some days although there is a good shuttle bus service from the hotel to take you to the centre of the town. We would highly recommend this hotel if you prefer a very large impersonal establishment with excellent facilities serving a great variety of food and entertainment that usually started at about 10-30pm each evening. I must mention that the heated swimming pool was not heated - due to a beakdown!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of May 2005

disappointed

"Unfriendly reception ....ignored us upon arrival for at least ten minutes...arrived late and no drinks in room.....no kettle or fridge which was locked...and had to pay 22 euros to use...Water machine didn't work ......room needs updating..ants in room and bathroom....dirty mattress and under sheet stained and dirty....maid is lovely though.
Good points...food good....nice pool. But when they clean pool they throw your stuff on the ground including handbags......miserable lifeguard. Staff in dining room nice though.
Some staff are nice...The maid is more friendly than reception. Long walk to main resort at least twenty minutes not ideal for kids. Have to pay for kettle and to unlock fridge and WiFi.Won't be returning."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of July 2016

Built summer sunshine

Good

"My wife and I booked this hotel for a late winter break, two weeks, all inclusive, from the 14th March. All of the staff are very helpful and can't do enough for you. Food is above average for a four star hotel with plenty of variety. The rooms are clean but a little basic, bedding and towels are changed frequently, but in the time we were there our room never saw a vacuum cleaner. Some areas of the hotel are looking a little tired and ready for refurbishment but not a distraction. All of the rooms on our wing of the hotel are built on a open plan design with the restaurant and the entertainment areas below on the ground floor. this gives two problems. As soon as you come out of you room there is a strong smell of cooking giving a fair idea of what is on the menu. The other problem is that you have no chance of an early night as the entertainment continues until 11.30 pm. Whilst we were there we had lots of sunshine, the pool areas are generous with plenty of sunbeds, but you had to be brave to use them. The hotel is built on a hillside facing the Atlantic. All of our stay there was a strong sea breeze which was impossible to get shade from In the village the temperature felt in the low 20 C but around the hotel wind chill was more 15 C. The only place to get a drink through the day between meals was the pool bar, but again with no protection from the cold breeze. The temperature in the hotel in most cases was pleasant, but as soon as the sun set the temperature dropped immediately. Being of an open plan design the public areas in the hotel have ceilings 70 ft high so it is impossible to keep the hotel warm. In the evenings you need to ware a coat ,cardigan or something similar to go to the restaurant or the bars. When we were booking the hotel it was stated that it was a 10 minute walk from the beech in fact walking at a good pace it is 25 minutes. Would I book the hotel again? Yes, but it would certainly only between late May to the end of September. The hotel was obviously design for the summer sunshine with high ceilings which can be opened for ventilation. I would also ask for a room in the Mandela wing away from the late entertainment and cooking smells. "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of April 2016

Hotels near Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa

Stayed at Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa

• sinclairtv by sinclairtv

"Dont expect golden sands "

• scabbers by scabbers

"Lani, scotch and wry, mastil steak house, timanfaya, volcanic caves, "

• Kevin A by Kevin A

"Be friendly to the staff and dont eat in the resturant all the time - it becomes reptitive. Also, buy a bottle of vodka from duty free because the bar shuts at 11pm and their local spirits are terrible :) "

• toxylad by toxylad

"There are a few bars a short walk down the path if you fancy a change of scenery on a night time. "

• Miss Jones by Miss Jones

"Cant think of any, though tea making facilities would help "

• Eric M by Eric M

"To book between May and September "

Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa is also called