BlueBay Lanzarote

Avenida Las Palmeras 30, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

Good

Not as good as it looks in the brochure!

"We stayed here for 1 week in March (All Inclusive). The food was well below average for the brochure price. The beer has added fizz so you can't drink as much and all drinks are served in the smallest glass possible. The hotel grounds are tidy. Would not stay here again, however costa teguise is a nice resort."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of April 2004

Wonderful

"I have just returned from a week at the Lanzarote Bay Hotel having spent a wonderful relaxing week there.The staff were very helpful and friendly and the accomodation was lovely, very clean and well equipt with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. (only bad point were the large cockroaches, which lookerly my daughter caught or we would of been sleeping on the baconly. The entertainment was great as the reps work so hard they really were good.The resort was ideal for me, my daughter and mother as we just wanted to relax and enjoy the facilities of the hotel but if your looking for a romantic holiday its probably not for you. The hotel is definatley aimed at families.Costa Tequise was a little dissapointing as there was't anything there. My mother visited the shops there (a small shopping arcade) on her own. The shop assistants are very, very pushy and when she went to buy a disposable camera ended up purchasing a camcorder for ?300 as she felt intimidated and pressurised to buy (she already purchased one at Christmas so did not need one and has little money). They took her money from her purse and got her to use her visa card. I was furious when she returned, obviously upset. When we visited a rep we were told nothing could be done about it, you cant take things back there for a refund. So please be warned.We visited Puerto Del Carmen which was much nicer. Lots of shops and restaurants etc and beautiful beaches. (You can catch a bus to the town which cost 2 euros and takes 45 minutes. The only problem was where to get on and off. I would recommend taking a trip with your holiday company as we ending up getting lost and flagging a taxi.The weather was lovely but quite cloudy and very chilly on a night.I hope this of some help to anyone thinking of going there, I would definatley recommend the hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of April 2004

lanzagrotty bay apartments

"overall holiday was very dissapointing, food rubbish cleaners adequate, only hilight of holiday was phoning my work mate called keith who told me he was going out for an indian meal in baldock that evening.
31/3/04. p.s. female entertainer, children entertainer absolute rubbish."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of April 2004

Dirty

"On arriving at the lanzarote bay at 9:00 in the evening we were disgusted on walking to our room through the pool area as there was food and drinks scattered all over the floor area off earlier in the day. There was numerous problems with our room including no hot water in the sink, exposed electric sockets, dampness and mould on bathroom walls, kitchen units hanging off the wall, graffiti on walls. We were refused a new room as the hotel was full and it was 4 days before the problems were sorted. We found the food and restaurant poor and dirty.
Spent afortune eating out. Never going back. Airtours were very unhelpful."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of March 2004

very mixed feelings

"our first week was lovely staff very helpful food great.after a storm on our 2nd week our room flooded the sewers burst . we could not get new mattreses and the sewer problem was delt with very badly.we could not bring ourselves to eat there after that,and our children were not allowed in the pool although it was open because of the sewage i had seen go into it.we watched in dismay as lots of children became very ill.i will not be going back there. i would not recommend this to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of March 2004

The best holiday I've had in a long time

"I found the Lanzarote bay hotel to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at! The food was great, the staff were fantasic and the accomadation was better than I ever could have imagined, despite being greeted by a group of annoyed tourists warning us not too check in, I woudn't change it for the world. I will be going back to the hotel in the summer with my family, and I must say I can't wait too get back there!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of March 2004

Never Again

"Arriving at Lanzarote Bay we actualy thought that we were in for a treat for the next week. Within the first few days there we had nice food, a more than average appartment that met our requirements having a one year old daughter, bars were above satisfactory, entertainment room a bit on the downside due to very uncomfortable seating and wild kids going crazy, which wasnt very good for a 1 year old just learning to walk. However in the first few days I would have gave this place a three star rating. However in the final four days of our stay our baby daughter was seriously ill plus a lot of other children after learning about the unhygene of this place. We are talking raw sewage in the family room, pool area & play area's where these young children were playing. I do not recommend taking small children to lanzarote bay, and you wont have heard the last of this story!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of February 2004

Pros & Cons

Good

"Stayed at Lanzarote Bay for two weeks in January. Our Pros: The complex is great with lots of entertainment day and night for the whole family. Plenty of food choice in the buffet restaurant and a snack bar is available all day. Hotetur, Airtours and Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within a 10 min walk. Had great weather - mainly sun with occassional cloud. Our Cons: The snack bar served mainly burgers, hot dogs and chips - Kids could OD on chips. Swimming pool freezing cold, but kids loved it. Avoid the red wine - it's watered down. Had an infestation of cockroaches in our ground floor apartment - hotel sorted this by spraying the room and moving us up a floor."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of February 2004

loved it all

"We had a fab time great staff,hotel great and very friendly,entertainment great,my 4 year old loved it all great for kids would defiatley go back again"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2004

Great Holiday - Will be back!

"We've just come home from a winter week in Lanzarote Bay (15/01/04 - 22/01/04), and would have no hesitation in returning again next year!
The apartments were really spacious, and spotless with maid service every day (exept Sun). The endless choice of food for meals was great and catered for all tastes!

The apartments were busy when we were there, however the complex was well staffed and coped well - all staff VERY friendly and willing to assist with all your requests.

Plenty entertainment for kids/adults day and night, which enables you to take advatage of the free bars without getting bored!!

Bar snacks (burgers, chips, hotdogs, chicken, salad etc) also available all day, with toasties at night after the meals have finished (ideal for that bedtime snack to soak up the drink!)

The apartments are also about a 10 min walk to the centre with lots of bars, restraunts etc if you feel like a change.

I recommend these apartments to all, however feel that it may be a bit hectic in the summer time and ideal for a week break!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of January 2004

Brilliant holiday!

Good

"We have just got back from a week in this hotel and had such a brilliant holiday! I was worried the hotel might be horrendous after reading a few bad reviews and it wasn't like those at all! Hotel was the cleanest I've ever stayed in. The maids were lovely and came once a day and the pool area was constantly spotless! WiFi was an extra cost at 20 euros per device for the week, which in some spots was hard to pick up on my iPhone but seemed ok in the room in certain places. It did seem a bit steep with WiFi being a necessity now a days but we paid it anyway. Food was really good too, pretty much a standard all inclusive menu with salad and different meats and stews (?!) chips and different rice every day. There were also snacks around the pool of pizza and burgers etc all day.
Rooms were big and basic but comfy beds and air con! Think the rooms have been modernized recently as the bathrooms were newly tiled and very modern.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, couldn't fault it. Didn't want to leave! "

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2015

ok

"We stayed here for a week in june.There was 12 of us,first few days the food was good than we had pork and then we had more pork it got a bit boring.Also the pool floor tiles were broken so all 3 of my kids cut there feet.We told the manager and he said he knew about the floor and was getting it sorted(this was are first day,still not sorted a week later).I found some of the staff rude one of the waiters shouted at my nephew for sitting at the wrong table.They ignored us and served all the spanish people first.Enough of moaning the actual hotel was nice,it was clean and the animation team were really good.Dont forget you get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2012

Hotels near BlueBay Lanzarote

Stayed at BlueBay Lanzarote? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for BlueBay Lanzarote

• H.Ritchie by H.Ritchie

"Great place for a relaxing holiday "

• H.Ritchie by H.Ritchie

"Emperor Chinese restaraunt (just around the corner) "

• saz19862007 by saz19862007

"Texas Ranch - small animal park, fills up about 3 hours. Volcano Tour - expensive, but interesting! "

• D Ashbridge by D Ashbridge

"Shanghai Chinese Restaurant (cheap and gorgeous) "

• A D Menzies by A D Menzies

"beach very windy! go to Papagayo in the south "

• A D Menzies by A D Menzies

"Papagoyo beach near Playa Blanca "

• Ammzy by Ammzy

"Amazing and great fun "

• Ammzy by Ammzy

"hotel food & hotel entrrtainment "

• "Cheap, in need of repair but great location and friendly staff. "

• Little one by Little one

"nice relaxing holiday "

• unshine by unshine

"Costa Teguise is a lovely place and will definitely go back "

• Jen H by Jen H

"Would love to go back again and continue the holiday "

• zone_rob by zone_rob

"Lovely for a relaxing holiday "

• sue27 by sue27

"Good for families and couples "

• tanaban by tanaban

"you must visit Rancho Texas "

• smith07 by smith07

"There are some really cheap shops if you come out of the hotel and turn left than left again. "

• Bethf2822 by Bethf2822

"Use the shuttle bus to the main beach as it is quite a walk "

• policedogs by policedogs

"Drink plenty of beer and wine then you may not notice that the place is in need of a makeover "

BlueBay Lanzarote is also called