Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach

Avenida el Jablillo 5, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Spain

Not a good room 128.

Reviewed Wed 12th of October 2011

" Stayed at the Punta Jablillo now called Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach in September . When arrived we were booked in , I was hoping for a Sea View or a high room but we got neither we were told with it been busy there were none left .We were given room 128 this must have been the wost room right in a corner and NO SUN AT ALL and was attached to the bar very noisy late at night.. The noise from the maids trolly's was constant morning and night . The apartment was in a position where everyone walked to get to the reception, bar or the pool so to sit out on the terrace in no sun was awful.. The apartment was clean and sheets and towels were changed regular the bathroom clean and tidy ,the kitchen was not good very basic 1 pan 1 frying pan and 3cups saucers , plates and glasses a fridge , you needed to hire toaster and a kettle and a fan we need none due to been half board and did not need a fan as the apartment got no sun . The lights were dangerous tapped wires , shades and bulbs missing . There were no plugs for any sinks or bath , I had to go ask for some and was handed one only. We were half board , breakfast was ok always plenty to eat and evening meal was at another hotel Galeon Playa always something for everyone . I know it is only a 2 star but the position this hotel has is more like a 4 star but it needs a lot of TLC . I would maybe go back at some point but I would make sure I book a Sea view and a top floor well away from the bar . If you go and get room 128 make a fuss and try to be moved . "

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2011

Now called Costa Teguise Beach

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2011

"We stayed ay the Punta Jablillo apartments for two weeks 9th to 23rd June 2011, we did have some concerns after reading the reviews, however we had a great time there, clean apartment, decent furniture and coverings, excellent view of the sea the baths are painted as the reviews mentioned but not a problem if you shower as we did. Our apartment overlooked the pool and sea the ones behind us were being refurbished while we there by the new owners Blue Sea Hotels and were almost completed by the time we left, they seem to be spending lotsd of money on upgrading everything. The only point worth mentioning is that if you get up early to make the most of your holiday there is no water in the main block but a quick call to reception sorted it out within 5 minutes (they top up the pool every morning and the pool man goes and turns the supply to thee block back on so not that much of a hassle)"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

4 weeks of the worst holiday

Reviewed Thu 31st of March 2011

" we stayed there for 4 weeks and could not believe we had to hire kettle 7 euros toaster 7 euros plastic mat for sun bed 10 euros. Every time the sheets were changed there were holes in both sets, towels were frayed. talk about the poor relations. We were so disappointed as this was our holiday for the year and we always go self catering and never had to hire any of these items and the place was so run down a good coat of paint would't go amiss."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2011

Nice spot

Reviewed Fri 11th of February 2011

"First time in these apartments,no noise from pubs clubs. They have a fantastic position on the sea front, beach is 75 mts further on promenade,pool bar is as cheap as anywhere in teguise,shame pool is not heated,"we went in january". But plenty of other apartments and hotels have warm pools," as long as you buy a drink from them they dont mind".only negatives are that self catering is ok if you like salads, sandwiches and the like as the electric hot plates are abyssmal. If you turn both hot plates on the meter trips, only one plate then plus it takes a age to warm up. No toaster although you can rent one,also a previous guest mentioned that the bath was painted white. Ok if you shower but get a bath and the paint peels and sticks to you lol.another negative for me was the telly was metered, but then again there was not many british channels, sky news and movies 4 men, crap choice, still i put about 20 euros in watching john wayne and the like lol. But all in all i would recommend these apartments "pool veiw is best " staff all excellent, will go back."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of February 2011

Not Bad for a cheap holiday!

Reviewed Wed 22nd of December 2010

"Went with Thomas Cook 31st october to 11 November with my friend and infant. Rooms were very nice and spacious! We were on the ground floor which was great, they even put a baby gate at the entrance to the balcony so my little girl couldn't nip out for a quick dip when when we weren't looking! Pool area was very clean with plenty of sun loungers, no need to "bags a bed with your towel". Although the pool is not heated! Cleaners could do with coming a little more often though. Would go back again."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of December 2010

great apparments

Reviewed Fri 12th of November 2010

"just back after a week here and will go back again rooms very clean staff pleaseant and very helpful every thing you need on your doorstep and the view from your balcony is great had a geat time caters for all ages "

• Travel date: Fri 12th of November 2010

great holiday, dawn and jon manchester

Reviewed Wed 12th of May 2010

"After reading the reviews on many sites, we were quite concerned about staying at the punta jablillo apartments.
When we arrived we were allocated room 343 overlooking the pool area and also a superb view of the ocean.
The apartment was very clean and spacious, basic but good quality for the price we paid.
As we went self catering we never tried the food so cant comment, there are plenty of places to eat chinese are defo to avoid !! each place has someone asking you to eat at their place but the best place by far is Milano, its well worth what you pay...We had an excellent time, the apartments are ideally situated for the beach the ' lucky lucky ' men harass you a bit on the first day but they soon get the message and leave you alone.. you can get ice cream on the beach of a guy selling it out of a cooler.. 2 euros each a bit pricey if you have kids !and a short walk to shops and bars..we will definately go back and stay there."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of May 2010

Cheaply built rooms, lovely grounds, nice staff

Reviewed Mon 22nd of February 2010

"The apartment was pleasantly large for me (64) and my daughter (32) with a sofa and folding bed in the sitting room for my daughter after she endured a night of my snoring in the twin bed bedroom. The place smelled musty, some lights didn't work, the storage and fittings were cheap as can be but a nice balcony and gorgeous grounds with tropical, lush plants and 2 clean pools.

In contrast to the reviews I've read, the receptionists were helpful - they got repairmen out quickly to put right faulty wiring in the kitchen and broken lights and even arranged free tennis at the courts of the hotel next door, for no cost, when it was clear there was no net for their court and it wouldn't be fixed for some time. The sauna was also not operational.

The bar tried to be jolly and friendly too but we adopted a large, lush bar at the huge 4-star hotel nearby and watched their shows and enjoyed their hanging gardens etc.

Equipment rentals are expensive, e.g. a wheelchair for one week is 60euros, a hair dryer about 10euros.

The postcards, though curled, were the cheapest on the island (20c each) and information on local buses, weather forecasts etc was printed helpfully and staff looked up anything else on their computer. Reception suggested I could used our rooms several hours past checkout time on the last day at no extra cost.

The beach walk was gorgeous, black rocks and protected coves. To sum up: cheerful and cheap in every sense. Oh, and don't bother renting a kettle, as a saucepan boils water just fine.

• Travel date: Sat 20th of February 2010

Good bits and bad bits!

Reviewed Tue 17th of March 2009

"I've just come back from staying at Punto Jabillo apartments in the first week of March. It started off badly - we got off the plane, and went to find our transfer which we had booked through Travel Republic. The lady was English, marked our names off the list and told us to wait outside where we would be picked up shortly. We waited for about half an hour, when we got bored and asked the lady inside what was happening. She said 'oh, sorry, they must have gone without you. I'll put you in a taxi'. Nice of her to tell us that before waiting half an hour. Anyway, the taxi was free and more comfortable than a mini bus would have been.
We arrived at about 2pm and first impressions of the hotel weren't good - basically every bad review of Punto Jabillo is true. The entire place is totally out dated, there is paint flaking off the walls, the gardens aren't kept amazingly well, the concrete paths are uneven. We found our way to our room and the lady had just began to clean it, it smelt of smoke and there was hair all over the floor. We left our luggage there while the lady cleaned it, and went to explore the 'hotel'. I had asked for a sea view and we ended up with a view of the pool - the minging pool. It is a large circlular pool, but on closer inspection there was a plastic bag in the middle, bits of tissues floating at the bottom, leaves, dead bugs, gross!! Wandering round the hotel, it is clear the side which feature in all the brochures is a hell of a lot nicer, the pool is maintained and all of the apartments face out to sea. This is also the side of the hotel with the 'mini mart' (which sells expensive basics), the pool bar and the restaurant. We went back to reception to ask for a room change (we really really wanted a room with a sea view!) but the lady said that they were all booked up and we had to stick with the one we had. She also revealed that the nice side of the hotel was reserved for Thomas Cook guests - so if you want a nice view, book through them.
We went back to our room - it was nice and large, and there was a separate bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living area, plus a largeish balcony. Loads of seating space - big sofa, arm chair and 3 bar stools. Beds weren't particularly comfy, but the bedroom was quite spacious and had loads of storage space - there were 2 large hidden away cupboards with hanging space. The bathroom was disgusting - really bad lighting, horrible grey decor, rust all around the mirror (but the mirror was massive which was nice) and the bath/shower - gross! Worse than the one in my student house, all the enamel had come off and there were rust stains all in the bottom. Only enough hot water for one person to shower, and the pressure kept alternating. Kitchen was very very basic - no oven, a fridge with a small freezer bit at the top, 2 hot plates, cutlery consisting of one sharp knife, knives, forks, spoons and tea spoons, plates and bowls, one sauce pan, one frying pan, and a chopping board. We took our own can opener based on other reviews (they don't provide one) but most tins over there are ring pull anyway so we didn't need to use it. There isn't a dish strainer. It may be self catering, but you basically have to hire EVERYTHING:
Kettle - 7E
Microwave - 27E
Toaster- 7E
Heater - 15E
Fan - 15E
Iron and board - 12E
and if you've got a baby -
cot - 10E
Bottle warmer - 15E
High chair - 14E

There is a small telly in the living area, you have to hire the remote control and it is pay per view - 1E for an hour. Our telly was quite good but you have to flick thorough lots of German and Spanish channels , we watched MTV.
However, for all its downfalls, we enjoyed our stay. It forced us to get out and explore, and the living area is nice to relax in in the evenings, the sofas are comfortable and act as a bed if your other half is snoring too loudly in the bedroom!!! For the price we paid (£69 for a week for 2) we can't really complain. On the nice side of the hotel they have a terrace type thing which overlooks the sea with sunbeds - this is nice to sunbathe on.

The hotel location is GREAT. Within 10 mins walk you have access to 3 different beaches, about 8 supermarkets (Spar's rule the roost over here! Their 66cent sangria is lovely), loads of restaurants, hire car places, bars etc. Hooks is a great cocktail place, as is Surfwings. Costa Teguise is a really nice area, though a bit touristy - karaoke bars at night, people hounding you to come into their restaurants all day. There are loads of All you can eat Chinese buffets, the cheapest is opposite Lani's restaurant on the road with the big Spar, it was 6.95 and the food was really good, staff really friendly and you got a free shot of home made Peach Schnapps at the end. We avoided any restaurants with pushy people outside on principle, it gets really annoying after a while.
We hired a car after a few days, as the weather wasn't amazing and we wanted to see the island. We considered tours and excursions, but they were really quite expensive - a tour of the South part of the island was 55E for adults - to be fair this included entrance to the Timanfaya park, but when you can hire a car for as little as 18E a day, you may as well do that. I was scared to drive in Lanzarote, but it was really easy - not many cars on the road, the road signs are really easy to understand, and the speed restrictions mean you travel quite slowly so you can take in the scenery. I can highly recommend the road from Playa Blanca to El Golfo - beautiful views, as well as the road going across the North of the island through Haria to Orzola - so so beautiful.
We will definitely go back - maybe not to Punto Jabillo, or even Costa Teguise, but the island was so beautiful and everyone is really really friendly. The staff at the hotel were lovely too, they may not have swapped our rooms, but they were helpful with everything else.

We had to reconfirm our transfer the day before we left, so the lady at reception did it for us. Luckily we were waiting from half an hour before the time stated, because the transfer turned up 20 mins early and would have left without us if we hadn't been there.

So, in conclusion, we grew to like our apartment (though I never appreciated my shower at home so much!), for what we paid we can't really complain, I'd recommend car hire (they are all over the island so you have plenty to choose from - the one they advertised in the hotel was rather expensive though so I wouldn't recommend that - oh and also you can drive over there if you're 21, I thought this would be an issue but we went with Direct Car and they were fine about it, even letting my bf drive who's 25 but has only had his license for 3 months). Relax, eat out (it is cheap! though be warned - at Lani's restaurant, if they provide you with rolls that you haven't ordered, if you eat them they will charge you for them) ), drink cocktails, hire a car, and explore till your heart's content. The island has a lot to offer so don't miss out."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of March 2009

THE WORST

Reviewed Sat 31st of January 2009

"I have just returned from a week at this "accommodation" and can honestly say it was the worst room I have ever stayed in during all my years of visiting Costa Teguise! The apartment had mould growing on the lounge wall, emulsion & plaster flaking off the walls, kitchen cupboards falling apart and loose doors, dodgy electrics on one bed light, patio door so worn it was almost impossible to open, toilet seat loose, toilet roll holder broken, occasional strong smell of sewage in bathroom, no kettle or toaster (had to hire extra), enamel peeling off bath, only 1 towel changed out of 4 the whole week and that one was as dirty as the one removed! Floor not swept the whole week, top pool dirty, fag ends & plastic bags floating, dirt & flaking paint on bottom. The outlook over the sea is good but you can't sleep there!! This is definately a future "nono" for me!! Pay a bit more for your own peace of mind!!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of January 2009

dirty

Reviewed Sat 10th of January 2009

"This place was so dirty you would not believe me if i told you. I would have to show the photographs. which i took because i could not let thomas cook get away with putting me through this.

I got to the punta jablillo and was waiting around reception for ages till i got the room key. When i finally got the room key i was told they had lost the key to the safety deposit box.

When i got to the room 210 i burst in to tears. plaster was falling off all the walls, the bedroom had black staines on all the walls, rusty wardrobes with dead insects laying around and holes in my sheets. The plug sockets were hanging out the walls. They looked like they had been taped back 2gether and fell apart again.

The bathroom was the worst it was the most filthy bathroom i had ever seen. Dead insects laying around, white tiles were yellow stained, hairs left at the bottom of the bath, the had yellow drip staines down the side. it had clearly not been cleaned for a very long time. The shower head was so rusty when it was on, the water ran out brown. I did not have a shower for 3days because it was so filthy.

I complained and the receptionist was very rude. They did not have any other rooms spare. The rep could only transfer us to another hotel which cost us an extra 300 pounds.

So clearly this was the holiday from hell !! And i realy feel so sorry 4 others who have to go through this torture when all you want is a nice cheap basic holiday that is CLEAN !"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of January 2009

Great Holiday

Reviewed Mon 5th of January 2009

"Me and my family have just returned home from a fantastic holiday. The location of this hotel couldnt be better and even looks over the sea with lovely views. Rooms were very basic but as the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' we did have a little bit of flooding but thats nothing do to with the hotel as this happens all over lanzarote if there is a lot of rain. Rooms were very spacious with everything you need inside nothing classy but OK. I would definately return back to this hotel as it was great value for money, great location and great pool and bar area"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of January 2009

Hotels near Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach

Stayed at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach

• the_real_g by the_real_g

"Quite, relaxed, a few bars and restaurants - definately a couples holiday "

• duffr by duffr

"Nice quiet and relaxing "

• the xmas 5 by the xmas 5

"very dull, no entertaiment, has a great beach, very windy, expensive. "

• leanne1490 by leanne1490

"Great Island, lovely restraunts and bars "

• leanne1490 by leanne1490

"Saxos good family bar "

• gemey187 by gemey187

" Quiet small place. Relaxing but not much to do "

• andywalk100 by andywalk100

"Fuel Stop on seafront prom for breakfast. Lanis Tex Mex for dinner. Lively Lady showbar for a laugh "

• bloonoo by bloonoo

"I would definitely go back, the island is beautiful and everyone is friendly. "

• bloonoo by bloonoo

"Hire a car and take the coastal routes! "

• Hope by Hope

"It's very cheap so don't expect too much. "

• teeny by teeny

"evrything you need for holiday really nice booking for next year "

• Ali Mc by Ali Mc

"Great holiday on a budget! "

• Spice by Spice

"Book your trips through Last Minute, they have several offices around the resort, you can save up to 10 Euros per head on some trips "

•  A Delaney by  A Delaney