Checkin Bungalows Atlantida

Avenida Londres 3, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Best Holiday Yet!!!!

"What a superb family holiday, the kids both loved it aged 5 and 11, kids entertainment was top notch, lovely apartments with proper cooker and washing machine, great pools, very clean all through complex, near a nice beach, good entertainment on every night, beware of timeshare touts in this area - the shopping voucher you are offered is to get you in there!!! Great atmophere and very very friendly. Try the Greedy Pig for food - fabulous. Plenty of good bars around if you need your football or any sport."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of April 2006

Will go again

Good

"The kids are 16 and 14 so you could really call us 4 adults but here goes.

Just got back from a week at the Atlantida Apartments our first holiday to the Canaries. To be clear you get what you pay for and the test question must always be would you go back, the answer is yes.

The reception is 24hrs (or was during our stay). There is at least one security guard walking round late evening and night. The rooms (we had 138 + 139) were cleaned and bedding changed daily. I think the rooms would be a bit cosy with 4 adult sized people.

The inside décor was okay but the furniture and patio area would be described as tired with slats missing from the outside louvre doors but I think they are upgrading the rooms as I write. If you intend to cook, there is a gas cooker and fridge but you will need matches and washing up liquid as they are not provided. They do have a TV pay per view with sky sports and BBC etc. at 1 euro per hour. (remember to switch tv off not put on standby to hold credit)

This hotel/apartment complex has loads of short flights of steps and could be an issue for the less able and buggies. It was very clean and tidy with numerous staff working through the day. As a bin got full a cleaner popped up and emptied it.

The entertainment is now run by CAL and his son. As mentioned in previous messages was quite good. There was no kids club when we were there but my kids are to big anyway. If you do have young children Cal & son did a fantastic job entertaining them during the early evening.

When my dears were younger I would have died for a place like this.
Some of the adult evening stuff was a bit cheesy but the acts rotate round the hotels so is similar to other hotels in the area.

Costs in the hotel for beer (euro 2.50), wine litre (euro 7) a lunch time pizza (euro 4) evening buffet which is excellent quality with a variety of meat, pasta, fish dishes (euro 9.60) as good a price quality we found in the area.

I organised 2 outings mount Tiede if you like views great but you do not see a volcano just old volcanic rock. The Jungle Park, a free bus from nearby it has a couple of white lions but the birds of prey display is fantastic (esp. when the tourist are told not to eat during display and chose to ignore the advice. They got a shock!!!!)
Only one time share tried to sell to me.

In all I found the area quite laid back."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

excellent holiday

"we have just returned from a great holiday at the atlantida apartments. I was a bit worried after reading some reviews but we had no problems at all. The acommodation is very well equipped. We had toaster, kettle , full oven and even a washing machine, which came in very useful. The complex has entertainment every night and is only a few yards from the sea front. A short walk takes you into the centre of the resort and the beach. The resort itself seemed to have mainly older couples there when we went. It is very geared up for the disabled with accessible beach, lots of ramps etc. There are three beaches within reasonable walking distance and if you like fishing there are loads of good places. The weather was brilliant and we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. I'd reccommend it for couples or families. We'll hopefully be going back next year"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of March 2006

FAntastic

Good

"After reading all the review on lots of sites i was worried, but shouldn't have been, we stayed in room 38, near reception, fantastic, clean, and even a washing machine, so we went home with clean clothes!!!

We were half board, and the food on offer was lovely, kids stuck to chips, but there was a good selection.

Caroline was great with the kids, and the nightly disco my two enjoyed, entertainment was ok, some good acts, and a few not so good, but overall, very impressed with the Atlantida Apartments, great for families, even if the pools were a little bit too cold, but hey it was December, what do you expect!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of February 2006

excellent

"we were here in jan and its our 3rd time the kids club is not open as thomson have pulled out,but there is some stuff to do during the day and they had the kids mini disco every night which the kids really enjoyed.the pools were cleaned every morning but a were cold apartments are very clean and the staff are helpfull. we will be going back next year"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of January 2006

What a fab holiday

"This place is the bees nees great for kids and adults alike next to the beach and shop and pubs what more could you ask for john at the bar is one of the best people there aswell......"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

Wicked Holiday

Good

"After Reading reports on these apartments we went with an open mind.But we need not have worried these apartments were clean the staff were very friendly Caroline was brill. We always managed to get sunbeds by the pool no matter what time of day.The snack bar was very reasonable never ate at the restaurant but heard really good things about the food.
The beach was a 5 min walk away and so is the Sunday market.

Our recommendations to eat are Treasure chinese restaurant by Christian sur and Dreamers the food was second to none had a special each day also if you keep hold of your receipt next time you go you can get 25% of your next special meal and the entertainment was great they also do special offers on drinks throughout the night.

A must if you have children is the Jungle Park there are various displays of birds of prey and the children can feed some of the birds and also the Aqua Park both have free buses from the Princea Dracil."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

wicked holiday

Good

"My family and I really enjoyed this holiday we had a great time. the things we really liked about it were that: it was 5 minutes walk away from the beach, the apartments were really cosy and all the staff made you feel at home. we are going to definitely come here again it was brill!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2005

brilliant

"We have just got back from our hols and we had a fantastic time. Me, my husband and our 2 children aged 13 and 7 wish we were still there. The entertainment was brilliant, Caroline was absolutely fantastic with the children and adults. The food in the complex was very good value for money, the apartments were very clean and well kept. The whole of the complex was fantastic. I do not know what some of the people who have wrote bad reports were expecting, but we will definately would go back there again."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2005

Fantastic - again!

"Me, my husband and 3 girls (10, 4 & 18 mnths), went to Atlantida in April having previously been there 3 years ago. It's a lovely place, great for the kids and VERY clean. Some of these reviews - I wonder if they've been to the same place!! OK it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but then if you don't want a self-catering apartment that's very well equipped and a reasonable size, slopes all round the complex so very easy for buggies, great entertainment for the kids and the adults, good restaurant, play areas for the kids, then don't go there!! I never saw 1 cockroach in the complex, though I know some people did, but then you expect them in hot countries, certainly wasn't due to it being unclean. Thompson reps very helpful, though we were told that next year it won't be Thompson exclusive. There's a supermarket next door, a few restaurants within a couple of hundred yards, and lots more within a 10 min walk. There's a great market close by too. We visited the Aquapark, which was well worth the money, a great day out and the dolphin shows are fabulous. All in all we really enjoyed it and would definitely go back."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of April 2005

Thieves the lot of them!!!!

"I stayed in this place! Just a nightmare! Staff totally un helpful! The pools just a state and for the cave bar? I'd rather watch the cockroach's! I had about £90 and a solid ounce gold chain in my shaving bag! Got home and it wasn't there! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of August 2011

Security

"We arrived at lunch time and the receptionist was telling me I wasnt booked in even though she had my name on her list and I had an accom voucher and invoice, my husband pointed out our name on the list but she was insistant that it was wrong eventually she let us check in giving me a map of the large complex we had to drag our cases along up and down steps and ramps to a room near the middle pool. Room was lovely and clean and adequate for us only saw a couple of small crawly things and the room was cleaned for 5 days out of the 6 we were there and towels changed each time, the doors and windows were very insecure though. We liked the complex even though it was really too quiet for us suppose the time of year the entertainer Ana tried very hard to get people to join in but didnt have much luck on the first night there was only my and husband in the bar. We were all inclusive and the food was okay husband didnt eat much as nearly everything was in sauces. We hired a safe to put passports and money in etc but they didnt look that secure but no choice my husband purchased 400 cigs and I packed them in a beach towel in one of our cases on the last day, we had to be out for 12 so packed early and went down for breakfast then came back and had final check of apt there was nothing left in there so went down to check out the cases were left in a 'secure' room behind reception as we were being picked up at 5.10 so we had a wander round town and went back collected cases and waited for pick up. At home I unpacked and the towel was there but no cigs couldnt understand it but they must have been taken from case, the next day I was putting all my toileteries, make up away and noticed my bottle of perfume was missing as well this again had been wrapped in a small flannel in my toilet bag prior to packing"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of March 2011

Hotels near Checkin Bungalows Atlantida

Stayed at Checkin Bungalows Atlantida? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Checkin Bungalows Atlantida

• Hannah x by Hannah x

"Charlys, Little Italy ;), Julieanne, Ed's go to Siam Park-a must! "

• tezmed by tezmed

"villa mandis evening entertainment brilliant- a must if you have kids!! "

• gooner29 by gooner29

"Quiet family resort, Nice beach. "

• gooner29 by gooner29

"Taylor's, Bojangles Restaurants. Jungle Parks -Birds of Prey show. "

• aspearin by aspearin

"lovely beach, not too lively but taxi to las americas only 5 euro. "

• aspearin by aspearin

"sightseeing-siam park, loro park. restaurants-the olive tree, little italy. "

• littleauline by littleauline

"Choose somewhere else "

• jay by jay

"come here to relax and enjoy "

• crispy by crispy

"Pay a little more and stay at a nice hotel "

• Panda by Panda

"Do not bother better places up the road "

• Honest Scot by Honest Scot

"Lock EVERYTHING AWAY!!!!! "

Checkin Bungalows Atlantida is also called