Not for the English!

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2016

"The apartment was clean and basic. The pool was an issue. One rule for the "Spanish" one rule for the "English". The Spanish were allowed to get away with reserving sun loungers but the English had their towels removed!
A very steep walk down into the town, taxi was cheap so not too bad! Lots of places to eat. The holiday itself was good, hotel amenities limited and favorable to the natives! "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2016

Montebello

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"On arrival everything seemed okay, the studio apartment was clean and basic. The staff were friendly. After being here two weeks, te cleaners are rude and don't do a very good job cleaning. The lights don't always turn on when you come
In at night. The pool is lovely, however always very crowded. We didn't see a single English person in the hotel and all the Spanish guests were incredibly rude to us around the pool and apartments. Also was greeted by a dead rat on the way in one night, looked as though someone had just thrown a rock on to it.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, however there's a lovely hotel on the opposite hill called Cala Nova. "

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2011

cheap

Reviewed Mon 14th of February 2011

"We had not booked to go here but was put here at the last minute. The studio apartment was clean and basic, and the reception staff were helpful. The pool was dirty with a film of grease on the top and loads of bits were at bottom of pool. The entertainment was awful..a drunken bloke singing the same lines over and over again. The restaurant food was tasteless and when we ordered a coffee we had it served in mugs. All in all......the place is ok if you just want to sleep there, but not if you want to spend time relaxing in the complex. ( my tip........the entertainment and the supermarket next door at Peurto Plaza...is worth a visit...more choice and much nicer environment)"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of February 2011

one of the best 2 star

Reviewed Tue 23rd of November 2010

"we have been going to puerto rico for the last 18 years.
we have stayed in numerous hotels both side of the mountains it was our first stay in the montebello as it was a last minute booking and being a 2 star we was a bit dubious but there was no vaccancies anywhere. i must say it was very clean and tidy a very good location for accssesibility. right by the bus station. it had everything that you wanted. a beautifull restaurant. lovely clean pool, spotless rooms. very reasonable supermarket, overall we were very pleased with the hotel and will not hesitate in returning. as a matter of fact we plan on february for our next visit and will certainly be enquiring to bok there."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of November 2010

Clen and no bugs

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"My partner and i stayed here and really enjoyed it. The apartments were clean and most of all no bugs, maids every other day to tidy and give clean towels, excellent powerful shower. Pool area really clean and pool bar food really good, staff friendly, especially the man on late at night.
Would definetely return."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

The studio apartments have a really nice...

Reviewed Fri 12th of September 2008

"The studio apartments have a really nice balcony here. Good sized room. Two single beds. Strong shower. 2 ring stove, kettle, TV (3 Spanish channels + CNN + other). Cleaner was in every other day. Pool is small. Little on-site supermarket. Noisy at night til 4am as the commercial centre parties on. Two good flights of steps get you down to the commercial centre.

No mosquitoes. No cockroaches.

Escape Puerto Rico for reasonably priced supermarkets. Puerto Rico food (poor) and bars are expensive. 5 Euro for a G&T and 6 Euro for cocktails for example. Food in Maspalomas was better and even a little cheaper 35 Euro for two starters, drinks and mains. The beach is good. Moped hire with insurance is nearly same price as small car hire. Go to Taurito for Jet Ski and Kayaking. Dolphin spotting can be done from Puerto Rico (pricey at 25 Euro though).

Go to 'Malecon de La Habana' in Las Palmas for Salsa and superb Mojitos (that shame Puerto Rico for quality and price)."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

Just back from a most enjoyable week in...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"Just back from a most enjoyable week in puerto rico. The montebello apartments are very nice, basic but clean and well maintained. The sheets were changed once a week and the towels were changed most days apart from Thursday and Sunday. The pool area is large and there are loads of sunbeds - must agree about the spanish though. They do take over the pool area but the beaches are fab and only a 15 minute walk through a park so worth a visit.

Would defo recommend these apartments but get a fan as there is no air con!!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

We went back to Puerto Rico for our hone...

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2007

"We went back to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon; we stayed at the Montebello, what a fab place to stay.

Great bar food, also Gines the owner has a great restaurant, at very reasonable prices.

No need to rush out to get sunbeds they are in abundance, poolside also on the sun terrace, a heated pool, also an added bonus. Good standard of cleaning every day for 5 days we had clean towels, also beds changed twice a week.

I can’t wait to go back."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Monteb...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"Just returned from 2 weeks at the Montebello this hotel. It isn’t the one which we usually book so we weren’t sure what to expect. We had a great time; the hotel was clean, the cleaners was there every day apart from Thursday and Sunday. The staff there were nice and friendly. The hotel bar was great - good food and drink.

We are booking this hotel again for next year as we really enjoyed ourselves there. We took our 4 year old son who loved the pool and the beach. I would advise to use the taxis as the hills are steep but the taxis are very cheap and well worth it.

One thing I would warn you about is the Spanish guests, when they come they take over everything and are very loud. We only had them for our last weekend.

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

I have just returned from the Montebello...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"I have just returned from the Montebello apartments and I would recommend it to any one. We had a 1 year old daughter with us and the staff were absolutely brilliant with her.

We arrived early hours and were shown to our rooms which were very spacious and clean. The bar staff were amazing always so nice.

The town is 10 mins walking but very hilly. Would advise a taxi, 2 euro 20 cents, saves the walk. The rooms were cleaned 4 times a week.

I would recommend to anyone, I am returning in May.

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

I read quite a few reviews about the hot...

Reviewed Fri 14th of September 2007

"I read quite a few reviews about the hotel before going on holiday this year. The reviews that you sometimes read can really make you worried about where you are staying and can also ruin your holiday before even getting there.

My story is 100% true and I am being really honest.

My partner and I took our one year old daughter on her first holiday and we were really looking forward to it. Before going we had a "situation" with our travel agent. They had messed up yet again regarding our holiday and were refusing to fix it.

When we finally arrived at the Montebello the reception was very nice and the girl was really polite etc, I explained my situation with regards to the travel agents mistake with the booking and she immediately sorted it for us.

We got our one bedroom apartment that we had paid for. She explained where everything was within the hotel etc and told us how to get to our room. Because we obviously got a different room to what the travel agent had booked for us there was no cot so I called reception and got one within five minutes which included a proper mattress and also clean bedding.

The rooms are spacious and clean with a good kitchen and you also get a complementary bottle of water. There is no air conditioning at all and it was very hot at night. We were on the 5th floor of the 9 floors. That is where the pool and the pool bar etc is, your balcony walks straight out to the pool and we couldn’t keep the door open incase our little girl ran out to the pool.

There is a laundry there that has a washer and dryer which is very handy. It costs 4 Euros to wash and 3 to dry, you pay at the reception, and they give the tokens and washing powder.

They have 2 computers to access the internet. There is also a games room, shop, and restaurant. We found it cheaper to use the phone in our hotel room during our week than to use a pay phone. The TV that you get in your room is 1 euro per hour.

I found it to be too high up and we had to get taxis back all the time. I would not recommend this hotel if you have kids and don’t really use the taxis. There is a big sun terrace for sunbathing which is along from the pool and there are also sunloungers around the pool.

One thing I would warn about is all the Spanish people that holiday there, there are millions of them, and they are noisy! We woke up one morning and found that they had tripled overnight. The kids are in the pool from morning till night and the pool is way to overcrowded so we had to use the public pool all the time.

Also on a few occasions at night time there was a group of teenagers hanging around the pool talking till way into the early hours and it was right in front of our window, I did try to complain to the night porter but he didn’t speak any English.

The following night they were out there again I asked them to move and the laughed at me this time the reception was still open as it closes at 12, they were moved straight away.

Check out is at 12pm and the have a courtesy shower room that you can use but to be honest it was horrible when we went in it, there were dirty towels piled high and empty bottles of shampoo etc lying all over the floor so we didn’t use it.

The reception did keep our bags for us till we were leaving that night. You can pay to stay longer on your check out day but we were told it would cost 30 Euros for only a few hours and we thought that was a bit much.

Over all the hotel was really nice and the girl at the desk really helped as much as she could. The only thing that ruined the holiday for us was the Spanish visitors staying there.

There were far too many of them and the pool was always overcrowded. We never got to use the pool at all. They are also very noisy all day long. So really it’s the guests that let the Montebello down not the hotel itself."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

Stayed at Montebello with 8 year old boy...

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2007

"Stayed at Montebello with 8 year old boy. The rooms were nice enough, spacious and clean. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful which was good.

However, apartments were full of Spanish, the pool was packed with them. Kids just standing piddling at poolside and kids very rude and very rough with my child, splashing and punching him under water, stealing his toys and at one point rummaging through my handbag getting stuff out it. It was very intimidating. We ended up having to stay out of apartments as much as we could, as i didn't want to end up fighting with these people. We went to a public pool each day and had to pay to get in there. They would also have fun ringing our doorbell and running away and throwing food and rubbish on our balcony.

There wasn't any entertainment in apartments at all, and not much entertainment in the resort for children, very disappointing.

I doubt i would ever return to this resort and definitely not to these apartments.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Hotels near Servatur Montebello

Top traveller tips for Servatur Montebello

• trace by trace

"excellent value for money well worth a try "

• Acrleeds91 by Acrleeds91

"Book into Cala Nova instead. "

Servatur Montebello is also called