Hotel room and grounds

Basic but clean

Reviewed 7th April 2018

"With this hotel you get what you pay for. Pool area clean but food not great. We ate out for breakfast and dinner each day barely stayed in hotel. Apartments were very basic, beds ok. Best part was the view from our apartment. Fine place to stay just to sleep in."

• Travel date: 10th May 2017

Very Basic, But clean and Cheap

Reviewed 8th November 2011

"Myself and my partner stayed in this accomodation 1st Nov 2011 for 4 nights. It was a budget holiday just to get away for a couple of days. Our apartment was very dated but clean. Small living area with kitchen surface and kitchen table. The bedroom had to single beds in which we just pushed together. They wernt the most comfortable but we made do for 4 nights. The apartment got very stuffy at night, the type of window there is on the bedroom window wasnt very secure so we didnt like to leave it open during the night or whilst we were out. The balcony we had was also the access into the apartment so it wasnt very private but the views were breathtaking. We were on the 6th floor and had a 180 degree view of the sea. There is a supermarker and bars & restaurants 2 mins walk from the hotel. Everyone was very friendly. The location of the hotel was good however was very challenging walks. Everything was either steep uphill or steep downhill. The man made beach is a 20 min downhill walk away. Beach was nice suitable for Children as there are no big waves or stroung currents. We didnt attempt the walk back up, just got a taxi which was never more than 3 euros. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They had a bar/Restaurant however it wasnt open throughout our stay. They didnt charge us to borrow the iron for a couple of days and they have a luggage room which was very useful once again no charge. This was useful as we had to checkout by 12pm but our transfer didnt pick us up until 2.50pm. Overall we had a nice couple of days. I would suggest to stay in these apartments with a sea view if you are planning to be out most of the time. i personnaly wouldnt suggest these be the best apartments to relax in all day. It wouldnt say that these apartments are not suitable if you find walking tiering as i said it either uphill or downhill. "

• Travel date: 7th November 2011

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed 19th April 2011

"just came back from the Blue Star Apartment's last night, by far my favourite holiday ever! staff are so so nice the rooms are very clean, very clean complex. going back now during the year & ill continue to do so, i loved it.. the food wasn't the best at the start but just tell them how you want it and they'll have no bother doing it for you have to say out of all my years going to Gran Canaria, Puerto Rico, the Blue Star apartments are my favourite. the rooms may not be modern & well designed but there handy enough not like your going to be sitting in them all day & for the beds BEST SLEEP EVER there so comfy, i could keep writing good things about this place but i'd have you reading it all day, last but not least i'd recommend it to EVERYONE. (& if you dont / didn like the Blue Star there must be something wrong with you, its great.)"

• Travel date: 17th April 2011

Family Holiday

Reviewed 28th February 2011

"we have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the blue star. There were 12 of us and i had requested rooms near each other. My daughter and her young family were on the 5th floor, my sister and her husband were on the 1st floor and my husband, son and his family were on the 8th. But we managed. The staff were brilliant. rooms were what we expected. We were out everyday but in the bar on 8th floor nearly every night. Entertainment was good but repeated every 2 nights. Moh and his staff were friendly and helpful and did everything to ensure we had good time. We have already talked about returning to Blue Star. Only saw cockroaches on our way to the europa centre were we enjoyed good food and met so many nice people. We have all said we would definitely stay at the Blue Star again."

• Travel date: 25th February 2011

rather sleep on the beach

Reviewed 21st February 2011

"We were put on level four,room was like a bunker,nice front porch area but the beds were very very poor, did not get one nights sleep, pillows were thin and lumpy, mattress was much the same,self catering ok but would expect a toaster and microwave as basic equipment not to pay 14 euros for toaster,graet resort but if you are not used to roughing it then please do not ruin your hoilday by staying here, graet shame because on the whole staff are good, towels were changed 3 times in the week we stayed and we never saw one cockroach,just get a decent bed with nice pillows and upgrade the kitchen equipment then this would be a good base to holiday from"

• Travel date: 20th February 2011

Nice Hotel

Reviewed 8th October 2010

"We read all the bad reviews and were a bit concerned but when we arrived we were proved wrong. The appartments are basic but you get what you pay for and it certainly isnt dirty or unkept. The staff are really friendly, especially the bar staff in the hotel bar and their sunday lunch is well worth the money! We spent two weeks here and had no concerns about Blue Star. Would defintely go back!"

• Travel date: 13th August 2010

The hotel has been fully refurbished and is

Reviewed 16th October 2010

"We went to BluStar Hotel on 14th may 10 for 2 weeks,the food was good in the Pool Bar ,. The hotel has been fully refurbished and is lovely. The appartments are lovely and clean with great views, all staff are friendly and make you very welcome. It was our first time there and we are definatly going back in octuber (my wife didnt want to come home).I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family. Looking forward to going back next year !! "

• Travel date: 7th July 2010

Dont waste your money!!

Reviewed 16th March 2010

"worst holiday ever and they still have my £200 because we did not even stay there because it was so disgusting!! Dont stay there i hate how they pretend they cant talk english so they dont have to bother with you!"

• Travel date: 15th March 2010

Excellent value ! but please get the Timeshre people to back off !!!

Reviewed 29th October 2009

"just returned from our Holiday in the Blue star and I have to say, I have been to Puerto rico many times and this has definatley been our best visit yet. Booked the blue star as somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay and this is exactly what it was. I mean it's not the Ritz but we didnt pay for the Ritz! Accomadation is very basic one bed apartment with no extra's kitchen has a kettle, fridge, cooker sink and utilities, extras such as toasters etc can be rented if needs be.The apartment was very clean and we had the cleaners in every second day with fresh towels and bed linen was changed twice. Lovley big balcony with amazing views. But what the apartment lacks in plushness I have to say the staff sure do make up for this, the maids we're so pleasent and although did not have fantastic english made a huge effort to converse every time we seen them. The reception staff we're more than helpfull and very pleasent also. What makes this Apartment Complex differ from the rest is the restraunt and bar ran by a gentleman called mal or mo as some people call him. This man and his staff are by far the friendliest, most accomadating staff I have EVER seen in a hotel. They made us feel so welcome and had a free drink for us everytime we went to the restraunt or bar. The food served was by far some of the best food I have eaten.. I highly recommend you pay this restraunt a vist while in Puerto Rico ! You will be made feel so welcome and they have nightly entertainment by Terry Bull.. who is quite funny but when he starts to sing, surprisingly also has a fantastic voice, think of peter kay mixed with jo cocker !!! Puerto rico it's self is a fantastic resort with lots to do for people of all ages, with the two commercial centres the Blue star is up at the top of the hill close to the Europa Centre, amadores beach is about a 15 minute walk down hill, taxi costs about 3euro. Beware of the PR's working for the time shares, you will not only find these standing at the stalls selling time shares for Anfi, but they are now young PR's promoting "Sands Fm" the Atlantic Coast Club in Arguingan and now the new hotel in Amadores, bascically these will approach you asking are you British Irish, scottish etc, and then ask are you attending Carnival, or other events in Puerto Rico, most have scratch cards and will tell you that they have nothing to do with time shares that they are working to promote tourism !!! Believe me this is all lies !! next they will tell you have won the "star priz" a cam coreder a laptop a holiday and you need to go to collect this, they provide you with a free taxi to the location ... Trust me I have won the "star prize" so many times and I havent recieved one single thing ... only a day of my life wasted listening to people trying to sell me time share apartments and holidays... I was stupid enough to pay 500euro for a holiday to a time share apartment that I have never taken as it is a total scam to get you to spend more money... So basically Anyone who approaches you to tell you that if you go to these spots and you will get free cigs, alcohol, t shirts are basically just PR's for timeshare they will do ANYTHING to rope you in and I mean Anything, Just say NO !! your not interested and no matter what they try to rope you in with beware these guys and girls have the gift of the gab !! Just be very Careful ! "

• Travel date: 28th October 2009

fantastic bluestar hotel!

Reviewed 21st October 2009

"Hi,We have recently returned from a holiday at the Bluestar hotel in Puerto Rico,GranCanaria,we had read all these bad reviews and was a bit sceptical to say the least!On arrival we was greeted by pleasant reception staff,and shown to our rooms.The apartment was bright,clean and very roomy,with an amazing shower in the bathroom and a fantastic large balcony! The pool area and bar was very clean and looked very new!We met Mo and his staff,and they were absolutely fantastic,3.80euros for a full english breakfast,2eggs,2 toast,2 bacon,sausage,beans,toms,and mushrooms!!and a pint was only 2.00euros! But,something also new was the restaurant and bar area on the 8th floor near reception,where again Mo and his staff worked thier butts off,serving the most fantastic menu,anything from salads,to steak.chicken,pastas anything you like and a happy smile to go with it! I would like to say,please go and try the Bluestar,its all changed and now rated a 2star! many thanks for a wonderful holiday,Mo and the team really looked after us! cheers Dave and Ali....."

• Travel date: 20th October 2009

Cant knock it

Reviewed 8th September 2009

"We have stayed at the Blue Star for 10 of the last 12 years and apart from a few little teething probs you get at any appartments the Blue Star is brilliant, the reception staff cant do enough for you, the views from virtualy any room are great, I notice one reviewer said she had to spend 3 euro for a taxi to go for a meal, but you have the Europa Centre on your door-step which I find a lot better for the slightly older visitor (Try the Sportsman Bar), its wall to wall Fools and Horses videos, I know we've seen them all, but what an atmosphere when you get a bar-full laughing there socks off, all in all I cant knock the Blue Star as we are heading back again in October. Paul "

• Travel date: 3rd September 2009

Good value but some bad points!

Reviewed 28th March 2009

"Me and 3 friends booked for a week at the end of March. The Blue Star is one of the highest appartments, and so is a 3 euro taxi ride from town (where the main restaurants and pubs are). The appartments themselves are basic but exactly what I would expect for the price. They were clean and had everything we needed. We had a couple of cockroaches but I don't think that was due to the appartments being dirty. The only 2 criticisms I would have of the appartments themselves was 1. the security light outside on the balcony (which was positioned right outside the bedroom window) turns on when it gets dark and doesn't turn off until morning. This meant the bedroom was never totally dark and I woke up a few times thinking it was morning, when it was only 3am! 2. the beds are covered in plastic sheets which you slide around on at night! fine once your asleep but makes you feel like your on a changing mat! The pool was lovely - not busy - plenty of sunbeds to go round (although they are painful if your bones stick out a bit!). The lifts are a pain in the neck. We were on the 3rd floor so relied on the lift to get us to the 9th floor (reception). Unfortunately the stairs don't run top to bottom with any sense so if you take the stairs to the top it takes ages and ages. Staff friendly. Great weather and brill tans achieved. Not the best appartment I have stayed in but very good value and unless you are the type to moan about everything you will have a wonderful holiday here! "

• Travel date: 28th March 2009
  • ...

Hotels near Ocean Hill

Top traveller tips for Ocean Hill

• by Tiffany21

"Its worth paying for the sea view! Best part about the apartments"

• by Heidi

"good entertainment in the bar restaurant, great service."

• by Sweet.

"Hills could be a problem"

• by cornwall couple

"book somewhere else if you want to sleep"

• by ldmart

"Great mixture of people in this hotel from families to young couples."

• by Tam&Kie

"El toro negro and Mo's bar and restraunt ! "

• by Tam&Kie

"Beware of the PR's working for the time shares,... and vist Bora Bora best coctails ever ...."

• by costadelcarping

"Bluestar evening restaurant"

• by Bantam

"If your fit, use the Orange handrail stairs, great shortcut to the beach and save a few Euros in tax"

• by jandrmorgan

"great weather, good value, but not the best or most accessible night life or restaurants. "

• by chelsea17

"barbacoa, aqualand, palmitos park and the beaches!"

• by chelsea17

"it is absolutly amazing and everybody should go!"

Ocean Hill is also called

• Blue Star Apartments
  • Blue Star Complex
  • blue star apartments puerto rico