Time for an update!!!!

Reviewed Mon 10th of May 2010

"We have just come back from The Maracaibo and it is a lovely Hotel. It seems that the reviews on this site are out of date. The Maracaibo has been completely refurbished and is a different place compared to the reports on this site. The staff were great, beds amazing, pool lovely and warm and cleanliness spot on. I would highly recommend it to anyone. If in doubt check tripadvisor. "

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2010

was booked for these apts way back in oc...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of August 2008

"was booked for these apts way back in oct last year and was looking forward to it when i noticed in the brochure that i could upgrade to half board as originally i was self catering so i took up this offer and paid the extra £85, imagine my complete anger when i arrived at the maracaibo and was told sorry we dont do half board s/c or all inc only.the man behind the desk was absolutly useless and couldn have been more arrogant if he tried. the followin morning was standing waitin on the rep for her arriving and explained the prob, again i felt like i was banging my head against a brick wall as was told there was nothin could be done and just to claim back my money when i arrived home great that was all i needed to hear... overall the apts are nicely kept but there is no security at nights the noise is unbearable with groups of youngsters coming in at 4 am the night porter allways semms to missing around this point of the evening,also be prepared to share the pool with the locals as they are allowed to come and go as they please

ps none of this was the fault of the tour operator and have already booked for next year but at another hotel/apts"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008

possibly the worste hotel/apartment i ha...

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2008

"possibly the worste hotel/apartment i have ever stayed in!!! the rooms are dark and grubby, the service at reception is terrible and the service at the snack bar and restaurant is awful. some days it was over an hour wait the get served breakfast/lunch. the all inclusive option is a joke. for half of our two week stay the restaraunt was closed and all meals were at the snack bar! the quality and selection of food is very poor, on a few occasions i wasnt able to even eat my dinner because it was so bad.

there are so many bad points about this place i would be here all day writing about them.

there was only one plus point, the pool area is fairly nice, but you need to be up with the birds to get sunlounger!

save your money and go somewhere else, puerto rico is a great resort dont let this hotel put you off!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

Good location in Puerto Rico

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I found the Maracaibo apartments to be fine they are 2 star apartments so not exactly luxurious but you get what you pay for. The apartment had everything needed for self catering accommodation, lovely view from the balcony of Puerto Rico beach. The pool had alot of sunbeds and was no problem securing one at any time of the day. The apartments are 10 minute walk to the beach and not a strenous walk, and a 15 minute walk to the commercial centre or taxis are 2euro.
I found the reception staff friendly and very helpful, the apartments were spotless and cleaned 5 times during our weeks stay. I cant find fault with the Maracaibo, if you want Luxury you have to pay the extra and go else where, if you want a nice apartment in a quiet location not too far from beach and centre then Maracaibo are fine."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

MaraKIPO / Maracaibo...HATED THE PLACE

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a week stay at the Maraciabo apartments. On arrival (middle of the night) no lights working on the corridor to find the door.The apartments in geraral were in bad need of renovation, you could fit a cat under the front door the gap is that big , wardrobe doors hanging off (wardrobe in the middle of the sitting room), locks broken on the sliding doors, beds like ROCKS, noise till 4am in the morning from surrounding balconies and poolside bar (complained but got no satisfaction from recption, was told no noise restriction in Spain!!). It says 1st level (but to get out to level one you near kill yourself on a broken pathway, loose stones etc...only other way out was out through reception that was on level 2. I would never go to these apartments again. Only good thing was the beautiful view from the balcony. Puerto Rico itself is brilliant and I will return in the future but never to MaraKIPo."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Fantastic view from balcony

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My friend and I ( just on the wrong side of 40) stayed here for a week in October 06.Apartments were basic but ok apart from the horrendous smell from the bathroom.However we left the door open and the smell went away after a day or so.The views of the bay far outweighed any grumbles we had.It was fantastic.Another good thing about these apartments is, its only a short walk to the main centre no taxis needed.The management could do with improving the walkway down to the main road.All be it a short cut but everyone used it.Its a wee bit scary especially in open toed sandles. We had no problems with security.Maybe we were just lucky. This was my 2nd trip to Peurto Rico and we enjoyed the apartments so much I'm going back again in October this year with my partner and 3 teenaged children."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of January 2007

Disaster...

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I visited puerto rico in Sep of this year, tto celebrate the wedding of my mother and father, which I was so happy about until a disaster happened..... The night before the wedding, my ma & da went to there room to sort out everything for the next day.... around 5 mins later my da came running back down to the pool where there was a lot of the party having a few drinks. My Da started shouting he was panicking I didn't know what was wrong, when I heard I couldnt believe it.... I had to go and see it for myself. The whole safe had been removed from there room, inside the safe contained my ma passport, both there wedding rings, wedding coin, digital camera, tickets, and some jewellery, it was a disaster..... Over the next few hours we discovered alot, we had being out arranging things for the wedding the next day... the rest of the guests told us at approx 5-6pm that day no 1 could open there rooms, the bride and the grooms room was the only 1 broken into, isn't that such a coinsidence.. Also when the police arrived the hotel staff were able to bring them directly to a room of another guest in the hotel, we discovered 2 days later that this was the exact room of the fella who had robbed the bride and groom, what a coinsidence!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of December 2006

Robbery of a bride and groom

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My husband myself, and 80 guests booked into this Maracaibo for Sep 06, for what was supposed to be the happiest day/week of my life, considering i have been wait over 25 years for it to happen. When we arrived at the apts on the 16th myself and our guests thought the Apts were very basic, & not very clean, but because of the occasion we decided not to complain and make the most of it, and that we did. On the eve of our Wedding Day, my husband and I went to our room to sort out stuff, and that we could not do, because when we went to get our belongings, money etc, the entire safety deposit box had been removed from our apartment. We had been robbed, everything was gone our wedding rings, wedding cards all of our money. They caught a guy for the robbery 2 days later, and to this day we could not tell you the guys name why and how he knew the exact room we were staying in. I still haven't recieved anything from the content of my safe back. So I'm looking for help in what to do about this, has anyone else had any experience in this sort of situation? Lillian (The Bride)"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of December 2006

Basic

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"This was my second visit to the Maracaibo (March 2006) and it has improved. The kitchens and bathrooms have been renovated completely and are now up to standard. The lighting in public areas has been completely upgraded and you can see where you are going now ! The bar has been extended and it's now cleaner and brighter.

There is a new bar manager, Mike from Austria and the resident entertainer is Paul Santangelo both are nice guys who do a good job. There are guest entertainers a couple of nights a week.

The cleaners were in 6 days over the week although we were told they would only be there on 5 days.

A couple of things that should be looked at though, they have removed the front gate so that it's an easy stroll to town but it therefore cannot be locked at night. I looked and all the other complexes on that road have gates that are securely locked at night with high wire fences. This would make me think there might be a security problem especially if you are on the ground floor as we were.

The other thing is that there is no curtain or door on the shower. If they intended not to fit any, then why did they not put in a larger shower tray ? As it was, the floor was soaked after one shower. If there were three of four sharing someone might break their neck on that floor .

Overall the Maraciabo are good value for money, in a good location, clean with average facilities The one bed apts are a bit small - bedroom about 10 foot by 7. Don't expect luxury."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

BASIC!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"i stayed in the maracaibo apartments for one week and the accomadation is very basic! I think the type of people this place would suit is a 17/18 year old on there first holiday abroad, the music they play at the bar is absolute crap!!! It was like there was a rave going on in it every single day!!! The back pathway onto the main road is like a building site and quite dangerous as it leads to a busy road! Also while I was there some disgusting individual defacated on the path which the apartments failed to clean although they did cover with sand!!!! I mean come on! Accomadation was as I said basic! The bedroom was the worst, with horrible dull wadrobes no window and the bed linen wasnt the most inviting!!! kitchen and bathroom were fine though although they could have supplied more towels! Views are great but doesnt make up for everything else that wasnt nice! Puerto Rico itself is a gorgeous place and I had a lovely holiday altough I was sorry I didnt pay the extra money and get somewhere nice to stay!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Loved the Maracaibo

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"The Maracaibo is a basic family apartment hotel. The rooms are easily sufficient for your holiday needs and all have a fabulous view of the harbour area and beach. The bathrooms have been refurbished and the kitchen area offers a variety of cutlery and saucepans (which we didn't really use as we chose to eat out every day) The hotel offers air conditioning but because of the position of the building which puts the balconies in the shade in late afternoon (very much appreciated) we didn't need to use it. The Maracaibo has a great central position and it only takes 10 minutes to walk to the Commercial Centre or the Beach. The Beach is very clean and a lovely breeze blows so watch out for the sun burn. The pool gets very busy and as usual there are those people who race down at first light to "book" the best spot for their sun lounger by laying out their towels (chuck them in the pool). The reception and bar staff are very helpful and the rooms are cleaned and towels changed almost every day. Handy supermaket at reception and an area to store your cases safely so that you don't need to sit guard over them when you have a late flight. If its a snack or drink you need, you can't go wrong at the pool bar. The portions are huge and the prices are much cheaper than the local eateries. I'd definately go back to the Maracaibo, it's maybe not 3 star but it can't be beaten for location and friendliness."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

Lovely Accomodation

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Maracaibo in July this year and I have to say it was lovely!! The apartments are graded as a 1* but there is no way this is true! The bathroom was spotless, the apt was cleaned 5 times a week and linen 3 times.

The view of the Sea and marina from the apts is amazing!!!
The apts are right in the heart of Puerto Rico literally a ten minute stroll in both directions to the Beach and Commercial centre. It costs about €2 in a taxi to the commercial centre.

I would highly recommend these apartments to anyone"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2005

Hotels near Maracaibo Aparthotel

Top traveller tips for Maracaibo Aparthotel

• jinty1911 by jinty1911

"Spotless with lovely beds "

Maracaibo Aparthotel is also called