Hotel Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite

Avenida Palmeras 5/8 Puerto Rico, 35130 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria Spain

Great place to stay

Good

"Just returned from a 2wk stay at the Terrazamar suites and have to say I was a little worried before we went as all the good reviews seemed to be for the sunsuites, but we needn't have worried. As far as we know the only difference is that the sunsuites are newer and have aircon where ours had large ceiling fans. Will agree with another reviewer that rooms could use a lick of paint but are clean and tidy and of course the huge balcony with sun loungers is a fantastic bonus. Food at sullivans bar was absolutely great in fact better than most of the restaraunts in the centre and also very reasonably priced. Met a couple from the sunsuites who came accross every night to eat because they had a bad experience with the food at their one. Pool area was very clean as were all the walk ways and gardens. Have to say I was very worried about coackroaches as I had heard so many storys about the resort being bad for them but only saw a few after dark when out and about. Would suggest spraying around doors with spray if like me you hate them. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the hassle you get in the centre from restaraunts and bars trying to get you to eat and drink in them and walking areas are a little run down in places however I would return to puerto rico and deffinately to the Terrazamar"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of October 2007

Terrazamar brill aparts

"Not sure where to start as the Terrazamar Sun suites apartments were brillant. We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Terrazamar for our honeymoon.
I'll start with the apartments - It is like a self contained flat. Did not expect to have so much room and each room being sectioned off. We had a big bathroom with a power shower with enough room for the 2 of us!. The kitchen has everything you need to cook a banquet, it has a fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and all cooking equipment you would ever need with a great supply of glasses and dishes. The livingroom has a sofa, table with 4 chairs and a tele, but you have to pay a small fee for this (not sure how much as we didnt bother with the tele) but you do get afew basic channels. The bedroom has 2 single beds which we pushed 2gether and con air (I recommend that you use this as we dint bother and regreted it as it gets very hot and sticky at nite), its €36 for the wk or €6 per day. We were on the 8th floor so we had 2 take 2 lifts (1 to the 6th floor and the 2nd to floor).

Reception were always friendly 2 us and answered any questions that we had. We hired a safety deposit box for the week at €12 and an iron for €10 per wk.
At reception you have internet conncetion, a shop which we found useful as we went to spar at the shopping centre as recommended as its cheaper than the supermarket on site but we couldnt get tea bags or milk so we wnet to the shop at the sun suites and got milk and tea bags there straight away.
The bar at reeption can get very quiet but the have happy hour on at 7-8pm, 2 pints of lager was €3, 2 wkd blue were €4 etc......
The bakery next to the bar has lovely fresh cakes each day which are not bad priced and they do take away pizza's.

The pool area is big with plenty of loungers and umbrellas for every1, the pool is lovely but does not have a shallow section for the children but there is a small pool behind for the little ones. During the day there was pool games at the pool with the rep and also a childrens club. The pool side bar is cheap and has a great selection for every1 and i must say it was very nice food, the only downside being the grumpy woman serving.
We eat at the restaurant on the 11th floor afew nites and i must say it was nice food and cheaply priced. Each nite we had a childrens disco, bingo and a reps show which was entertaining. Happy hour was 8.30 to 9.30 and 10.30 to 11.30 again being cheap. Apart from glasses of coke which we were paying nearly €8 for 2 pints of coke.

The commercial centre is a five min walk away but you have to walk down steep steps, myself and my husband counted from 1 nite and we counted 91 steps in total (They can be a nightmare walking back up them i the evening). We tried afew places for breakfast which were nice, we didnt realise til the end that the furthur you go in2 the centre the cheaper the food and drink is.Most place do a breakfast, toast, tea and orange juice for €2.95. Evening meal usually cost about €17 for the 2 of us for a starter, 2 main courses and 2 drinks each.
As each pub and restaurant are so close 2gether, the have people standing outside to get you in but they are not pushy at all. We we are welsh we found a good welsh bar called Tiffanys where 2 pints were only €3. Be warned about "HARLEYS" bar, its a lovely bar with great music and lights but we ordered our drinks(wkd blue and smirnoff ice) which is included in happy hour so you get 2 for 1 and its came to €17 where everywhere else its €8. The only thing we found it that there is no big clubs only disco bars.

The beach is a 10-15 walk away, next 2 it is the marina which is lovely at nite.

The waterpark is a 5min walk from the apartments, we went through the rep and paid €24 each, that included entry and a meal. We had a brill time. I would also recommend the SUPERCAT which we booked thorughthe rep. We set sail on the cat at 10 and it takes u around the coast, its a free bar with wine, beer and soft frinks and also includes a meal on baord which was lovely. You get to stop at the end and dive off board and swim around.

I think i have covered everthing now. But be WARNED, if you require a doctor - DO NOT go the the BAHAMAS CLINIC a five min walk away and which the rep recommended as we had a VERY BAD EXPERIENCE (Thats all im saying).

We are returning to the Terrazamar sun suites with our 6 year old daughter next year as its includes all ages and i found it great apartments for children.

Hope you ENJOY as much as we did!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of October 2007

Absolutely flipping fabulous!!!

"This is one of those rare hotels which I could reccomend to all groups of people.. I went with my 2 friends, we are in our early 20s.. the nightlife is 5 minutes walk.. the best places are in the shopping centre beleive it or not.. go to Harleys!!! but it's ideal because the nighlife/supermarkets/shops are so close, yet you don't hear a thing in bed so it's ideal! the beach is further but to be honest with the weather as gorgeous as it is there, a 10/15 minute walk to the beach is no hastle and it's a really pleasant walk along the way! the hotel pool is ideal too.. pretty big with plentiful sunbeds and parasols available. The restaurant on site cannot be faulted, the drinks are lovely and strong and refreshing at 30 degrees!
The rooms thesemvles were wonderful.. great because despite there being so actual aircon, there are great cooling fans in the bedroom and in the livingroom (both of which we used as bedrooms) so it kept you perfectly cool but means you don't have to pay more for a hotel with aircon! the kitchens modern and ideal for everything you might wanna cook .. the tiniest complaint ever is that in our room the glasses were a little small for our needs but other than that tiny point of contention the rooms were great! the bathroom was perfect.. the whole room was modern and comfortable and NO COCKROACHES FOLKS!!! that's right!! i know you wanna know desperately about that wildness.. so yeh the balconys are just great, they get the sun from 8ish in the morning and it goes down early evening.. 2 sunbeds on the balcony and a table and wicker chairs. totally gorgeous views leading down to the sea, just great! couldn't recommend it more..! go here.. it's cheap, but it's more than basic, it's modern, clean and generally fantabulous!"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

Great accomodation

Good

"For those looking to stay in Puerto Rico - Sunsuites Royal is the place to go. The accomodation there is superb - better than what I had expected though it was rated 4star in the holiday brochure so I should have guessed it would be that good!

The complex is actually 3 seperate buildings - Terrazamar at the front, Sunsuites in the middle (reception and bus drop off) and Sunsuites Royal at the back (can get taxi to drop you off at the entrance to here).

The only issue with staying in Sunsuite Royal is that you need to take 3 lifts every time you go down to reception which can be a pain but apart from that all is good. Each building has it's own pool with the Sunsuites pool on Floor 10 being the most poplular -entertainment takes place there and pool side bar/ cafe. Pool in Sunsuite Royal has no bar which means it is less packed and more peaceful which is always good when you are not holidaying with children

The apartment itself is relatively new with matching furniture in the bedroom and living room. The bathroom has a large shower area and twin sinks. The kitchen has a juicer, microwave, hob and all the crookery, utensils you could possibly need and more.. too be honest we just had breakfast there so it was pretty much wasted on us. The bedroom has air conditioning although this is an additional extra 36 euro per week as I recall, but a must in the high season. It doesn't extend to the living room which isn't much good for those sleeping on the sofa-bed (reasonably comfortable I'm told) though.

Now as for the balcony..... I had read the reviews but seeing was believing... Too give it justice you would need at least 20 people out on it and there would still be room to move.. It was as big at the apartment itself and that's saying something. The only downside to this was the view - just overlooks the town of Puerto Rico.. could not see the sea no matter how hard you looked....

Maid services was good and staff at reception very helpful. The welcome meeting was very informative and we signed up for a few events. The market at Morgan was a bit disappointing - just cheap tack and very hot - down at the harbour so very little protection from the sun. The boat ride back was good. Think next time I go to Gran Canaria I would explore more of the island. Seen snippets of the Garbos & Las Vegas Legends at a charity day and both looked good.

Day out at ANFI - not a day at the beach..well not if you go in the afternoon. We got stuck with a sleezy salesman for over 3 hours and didn't get a chance to visit the beach. It's a lovely location but is just a timeshare and we all know the bad press these get.. Do not fall for the sales talk - apparently all these premiere footballers have one as does Robbie Williams..hmmmm. Do what you can to get out it as soon as possible to make the most of the resort.

Back to Sunsites Royal - big (and to be honest only) downside.. well apart from all those lifts. ... was the lack of sound proofing in the apartments. We had to listen to the couple next door hurl abuse at each other every night that they came in drunk from the pub.. It only went on for half an hour but was a bit annoying to say the least. We did contact reception one night and they rang the apartment in question.. didn't quite work but once didn't go on too long

As for Puerto Rico - not overly impressed with it. 2 commercial centres - Puerto Rico & Europa - and not much else. Best restaurant that we went to was El Greco down at the beach front (to the right of the beach as you head towards it). This has 2 parts - a pizzeria at the front and and a outdoor restaurant in behind. We went for the outdoor part. The food was great, the services first class.. instead of the usual shots at the end of the night containing God knows what we got a Baileys!! Well impressed. Hotel this restauarant forms part of looked lovely to."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Great basic accommodation - close to the nightlife but also quiet

Good

"We stayed at this self catering accommodation for 1 week from 3rd to 10th Sept' 07. The hotel has floors 1 to 6 - floor 6 being at ground level - where the reception, bar and the pool are. Level one is at the level of the shops, bars and clubbing area (since all the hotels in Gran Canaria are built on hills it seems odd to have the top and bottom floors at ground levels). The hotel has 2 lifts and we did see some people in wheelchairs that were getting around just fine.
The hotel entertainment was quite good - everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and involving the guests - there was bingo and games most evenings and pool games in the day (although no outside entertainers that we saw - just the 2 hotel reps who were very enthusiastic). The food at the pool bar was lovely and not too expensive and there were always enough sun loungers for everyone. The rooms are spacious alhough the decor needs another coat of paint now but they are clean and tidy. The kitchen has a good size fridge and everything you need and all of the rooms have balconies with loungers, a table and chairs, although not always a very good view - it depends on where you are in the hotel (we didn’t find this made any difference to our holiday).The beach is about a 15 minute walk away and also has more cafes and bars. Taxis are cheap for short journeys, I have no idea about public transport as we didn't use any.
The resort is lively - lots of bars within a 5 min walk of the complex (so no noise in the hotel itself), restaurants and shops - 2 small supermarkets, lots of perfume shops and general holiday souvenirs. Food and alcohol are cheap - many bars advertising 2 pint of lager for 3 euros, 1 liter of vodka - about 8 euros and the average main course for about 5-9 euros. It’s much cheaper to buy alcohol etc to take home in the resorts than the duty free shops at the airport. Cigarettes - we brought some back for a friend - Benson and Hedges 200 for 18 euros! Petrol is about half the price of England.
The island itself - there’s not that much to do except lie in the sun, eat and drink. The interior of the island is very mountainous and baron - nothing much to see except other resorts. We drove around the island in about 6 hours. I would strongly recommend the dolphin seeing trip - they came right up to the boat for us and they say that if you don’t see dolphins they will give you another trip free (so don’t leave it until your last day).
Don’t go all inclusive - the food in the restaurants is cheap and pick a lively resort - Maspalomas, Playa de Ingles and Puerto Rico all look nice and there is a Friday market in Mogan worth a visit. The sun seems pretty guaranteed at this time of year, one guy told us they hadnt had rain for the past 5 years on the coast - I have no idea if this is true.
You will be fine in this hotel ( I have quite high standards) - have a good holiday !
Lynn and Alan - Tamworth"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

Great place to stay!!!

Good

"Just arrived back from a fab holiday in Puerto Rico.
Would definitely recommend the Sunsuite accomodation but rated the Terrazamar Suite entertainment (day & night) better than that provided by Airtours Reps
Disco Dave & Loverable Laura made our daughters holiday.
We were always able to get sunbeds at the Suite pool, even at 11am in the morning whereas the Sunsuite pool beds were always taken by 9am.
Enjoyed a fab day out at Puerto Mogan. Go on a Friday, which is market day. We went & came back by boat which cost 32 euros for 2 adults & 2 Children, well worth it, but try to get a seat below deck as the sun can be overpowering.
The Euro Centre is well worth a visit especially if you have children. There are trampolines & bungeys and it is not so hectic as the Commercial centre.
However we did eat many nights at San Miguel restaurant which was nice food at a reasonable price. DO NOT be put off by queues, these go down very quickly.
Overall fab holiday had by all & will definitely be paying Puerto rico a visit in the not too distant future."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

Love it!!!

"I have visited Puerto Rico on numerous occasions as i love this part of Gran Canaria. I have stayed at quite a few different apartments in Puerto Rico but none of them match the Terrazamar Sunsuites by far. I've lost count how many times i've stayed here but there is nothing to dislike about it. The apartments are so clean and tidy with maid facilties nearly every day. The apartments come equiped with everything you need, the balcony's are huge and until you have seen them you won't beleive it, they have 2 sun loungers on plus a table, umbrella and 3 chairs. There are 2 pools you can use as there is a sister apartment across the road. The nighlife in Puerto Rico is brilliant and it caters for all ages, there is a bar we go in when we visit called La Fiesta Bar which is situated on the top floor of the shopping centre at the bottom of the hill which has bingo, quiz, karaoke, competitions, live shows and much more there is always something to do in there but if this isn't what you like there is also irish bars, spanish bars, restaurants, cafes, perfume shops etc i could go on forever."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

Best self catering apartments on the island

"I have only just found out that I can write reviews so I would like to tell you all about the Terrazamar in Gran Canaria, I have stayed at these apartments twice and I can assure you that they are definately the best apartments on the island. I have been going to Puerto Rico for 6 years and have stayed in many other apartments but none even come close to the Terrazamar.
Very spacious apartments, lovely pool, friendly staff, exceptional cleanliness, very close to the town centre however I wouldn't recommend it for people with walking difficulties as there are around 170 steps to go down to the town centre. You can book through Airtours and prices are really competetive.
The beach is a little walk away, about 20 minutes though you can book a taxi at reception. I have been checking prices for next year and hopefully will be going again soon"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

huge balconies

"this was an excellent holiday, apartments were very clean and spacious with the biggest balconies we have ever seen.maid service was great with clean towels and bedding. only problem toilet wouldn't flush about four times but this was always fixed within hours of telling reception. my son bruce who is seven enjoyed the kids club and dani and debbie were very friendly. The main entertainment varied with bingo, quizes and daz's drink or nominate to parrot and reptile shows to all the reps stuart, daz, steven,lian,dani , debbie and danielle doing destination unknown. The food was good at the pool bar but had salmon with a bearnise sauce at restaurant which I dont think was cooked but never complained! You could have a happy hour at each of the three bars. Shop, bar and bakery downstairs. Complex only 5-10 mins walk away down steps with lots of people trying to get you into many restaurants El Volero do a great meal deal at 7-9 Euros big platefulls of tasty food albatross steak house and orient express were other favourites of ours. the water park was big enough for my son who is 1.24m and was allowed on everything. all in all an excellent holiday"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

Great Apartments

"Just returned from Terrazemar Sunsuites, 2 adults and two kids and found them to be excellent apartments. I have been to Puerto Rico many times over the years and these are the best ones I have stayed in. The balcony was massive with room for table and four chairs and two sun loungers, plus plenty of room for the kids to play. They were well kept and cleaned regularly/ fresh bedding towels supplied regularly, and the appliances and utensils supplied were more then we would expect. Toaster, kettle coffee making machine etc.
Fan in the living area was great but also needed to purchase the air con for the bedroom at 60 euros for the fortnight.
Having the wee ones we spent a lot of our time around the hotel and found the entertainment staff to be extremely friendly and always on hand to help out and keep us amused. Top marks to them.
Never saw any cockroaches in the apartments but there were one or two flying ones around at night up in the bar area (it's pretty much open air so it's to be expected.
The apartments are set half way up the hillside (they all are) and only a short walk down to the centre, but far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise from the clubs and bars.

All in all top marks and I would recommend these apartments to anyone going to Puerto Rico in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

will be back

Good

"This was our second year here in april self catering with my husband 2 sons 15 and 8 no faults, this year hubby and oldest son went on diving courses at the harbour for 2 days and loved it recommended not free though !
Weather brill past 2 years but do remember we where high up so a lot of steps.
Chose first week in april as it's not so busy so more room at the pool. clean and welcoming resort will be back next year."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Fantastic hotel

"Stayed at Terrazamar Sunsuites 10th - 17th March with my boyfriend and had a brilliant time! It is def the best hotel abroad I have ever stayed in. Went for a relaxing hol and thats exactly what we got!

I booked with Direct holidays and chose this hotel due to the excellent reviews. I was a bit more picky than usual as Im pregnant and wanted to make sure I'd be comfortable. Definitely made a good choice with Terrazamar! Never heard any noise at night! In fact dont think I heard a lot in the day!

The appartment was great very spacious with everything you need. I really could not think of a bad thing to say about Terrazamar.

The balcony really is as massive as people say. You have to see it to believe how big it is!

Our appartment was on 10th floor on same level as pool- so that wasa bonus. Pool was gorgeous, not too cold after having been in a few minutes!

There are three lifts at the hotel so no probs gettin to your appartment.

Never went to restaurant or pool bar so cant comment on food. We tended to go out and about a lot.

Puerto Rico woz beautiful really liked it there! Didnt really go out to the bars at night but I have been before and if you want a good night out you can definitely be guaranteed one!

If you going to Puerto Rico and want a great hotel decent priced then I'd def reccomend the Terrazamar!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

Hotels near Hotel Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite

Stayed at Hotel Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite

• kirkbyscally by kirkbyscally

"Its beautiful, but very hilly! "

• kirkbyscally by kirkbyscally

"Many nice restaurants, boat trips and scenery "

• hallaker by hallaker

"Loved Puerto rico - hope to return next year! "

• hallaker by hallaker

"Amamdores beach is beautiful! "

• holly by holly

"plenty of steps but lifts available "

• peachykeen by peachykeen

"Lovely family holiday,.,.,.,., but expensive "

• K Smith by K Smith

"Read the reviews, they are consistently good. "

• Angie by Angie

"A great place to stay "

• hezi by hezi

"Lot of steps but lifts to every floor "

• Sonwil by Sonwil

"Good, but wont be going back. "

• kim by kim

"you will want to re-visit "

• shaney by shaney

"walk to amadores beach "

• TEZZA by TEZZA

"The happy hours at the two bars ...pool bar 4-5pm and then to the bar in reception 6-8 pm enjoy. "

• Karen Wilkins by Karen Wilkins

"Walk down to the main town by turning left out of the hotel instead of right it's an incline with NO STEPS !!!!! "

• honeymoon by honeymoon

"go on the dolphin boat trip- brilliant once in a life time "

• cat by cat

"there is a lift that takes u down 2 shoppin center lots of steps otherwise "

• smatthew by smatthew

"play bingo, i won 40 euros, somebody else won 1000 euros, make use of happy hour between 4 & 5 and 9 & 10 "

Hotel Servatur Terrazamar Suite & Sun Suite is also called