Hotel Revoli

Avenida Mogan 13, 35130 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria Spain

well scrubbed up...but not 4 star

"We booked a late deal with Thompson Holidays, and were guaranteed a 4t rating half board , allocated on arrival. We were sent to the Revoli. We arrived around midnight, and first impressions wern't that great...they did have 4* on a sign in reception, but it looked so dated. We were allocated a room on the 2nd floor..ther rooms go down the side of a cliff.

Once we got to our room, I was actually very relieved as everything was new.We had a 1 bedroom apt, and it was very clean. All the kitchen units, wardrobes,table,chairs etc all looked brand new, and the apartment door was also new and had a secure lock...this I was really glad to see as it was only myself and 16 year old daughter on this holiday, so I did feel secure.

The apt had everything needed...microwave,toaster etc and enough dishes,pots etc to cater for a full family meal...well kitted out!..although being half board we didn't use them much.

The pool area was always kept clean, and when we were there there were a mixture of families, couples, young and old, and seemed to cater for everyone.

The restraunt did a small buffet breakfast, and evening meal was off a menu,water service. The menu had quite a good selection, although it didn't compare to other 4* buffets at other hotels. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful,especially the reception staff.

Maid service was 5 times a week, but the towels were only changed 3 or 4 times during our stay, and the bedding only once.

There is a small supermarket and 2 or 3 other shops in the complex. The prices and stock range in the supermarket were also quite good and reasonable.

All in all we enjoyed our week in these apartments, and had no promlems at all. We probably would return, but not if given a choice between here and another 4* hotel.. They were good apartments,but maybe don't quite make 4* rating"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Fantastic

"This was our first visit to Gran Canaria - although peurto rico was not our cup of tea especially the commercial centre (Rhyl with sun) we would definately go back to the Revoli. The hotel staff made our holiday, especially, Francesco the waiter (Franny La) and of course Carlos the Legend, one tip, don't wear white socks around Carlos. The rooms were clean and comfortable (didn't see any roaches). This hotel was a good base to visit other towns such as Peurto Mogan and Amadores Beach. We had a fantastic time and can't wait to book for next year."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

hello sunshine

Good

"This was me and my girlfriend's first holiday together abroad. We were both very impressed with the quality, furnishings and finish to the Revoli Apartments. Our room was very big and spacious, comprising of a very large living/dining/kitchen area with tv, microwave, cooker and toaster; a large bedroom with built in good quality wardrobes and a basic but nice bathroom. The room was also kept clean every day and sheets were changed every 2 days. We did have a couple of run-ins with 3 very big cockroaches over the week but I'd imagine that this is probably normal as the hotel, like all the others, is built into the mountains!! So, I guess you are bound to get a few lost creatures creeping in to have a look at what has destroyed their homes. As I said before, the hotel, like all the others in the resort is built into a mountain, but this hotel was by far one of the better located ones. Only 5 minutes down the stairs to the beach and 5 minutes down the hill to the shopping centre, but it is a hike back up at 4.30 in the morning when you can hardly walk due to too much sangria!! (however, you can flag a taxi for next to nowt...!). The staff at the Revoli were very friendly and helpful, and dealed with any problems instantly (as an example: a blocked bath due to sand at 10pm at night). We did not get to see much of the hotel entertainment, but from what I saw, it seemed like it was very good for families with children that did not want to venture out to the busy commercial centers, which is good if you like that sort of thing. The hotel Revoli is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in abroad and hope to return there again sometime in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2005

No way

"This hotel is not 4 star.More like 1 star.
Cockroches in the room,reception and bar staff very rude especially Britt the bar maid.
Our room was uncleaned from the previous occupance upon arrival,after much argument the reception gave us another room when i demanded to see the rep.
Before that he said you go spend your money in bar while we clean.
The bar is very expensive and prices keep fluctuating up and down.
The night time pool attendent is very rude,the rules state no towels to reserve sunbeds but this is not the case.
Dont dive in the pool,dont take any plastic toys in the pool,no radios just sit there and enjoy yourself.
Then theres the sewer stink thats bad.
The food is so dear and i literally broke my tooth on the bacon with bones in.
They have a bbq night which is 11 euros and the staff stare at while you eat making sure you dont share.
At 8am they were drilling in the floor.
Dont forget to play splat the cockroach in your room.
One plus Carlos the entertainer works hard to cater for all ages.
Go to hotel bergantin in ibiza thats my advice."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of August 2005

the best hotel ever

Good

"The revoli playa is a the best place to go if you have a family their is something for u to do everyday. the entertainment is brilliant and carlos. yes it might be up hill but the taxis only cost 2-3 euros which is nowt what you pay back home i am going back this year with my family for the 5th year. The kids club is good is great they get free hats and t shirts and other prizes when they win game the dance on the stage. Carlos the dj always tries and get everyone involed. the shops are great too.All the staff are friendly and welcomeing. The shopping center is a good night in a family or not."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2005

Oh Dear !!!!

"Cant possibly be 4 star - no air conditioning (hot hot hot!) - very basic rooms - insecure balcony doors - full maid service only at extra cost - poor lifts - grumpy staff - pool is much smaller than skytours brochure shows - loads of sunbeds few parasols all crammed together!! -Hotel at the bottom of the hill but still a 500 meter uphill walk back to hotel which is steep in places and passes the Revolis bin area which stinks - pavement is badly broken up and tiles are slippy!! No street cleaners here! - noisy at night from busy main road, the loud circular restaurant opposite and the apparently large number of guests who couldnt give a ----.

Plusses... close to beach and shopping/bars etc. Some of the evening entertainment was quite good (spoilt by having one waiter) so form an orderly queue at the bar and wait for 30 minutes. Good supermarket and other shops on site.
The hotel is generally clean and maid service good when available! (towels 3 times week - clean 4 times)

Overall - think carefully before booking here - especially if there are only two of you - the supplements are horrific."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2004

great entertainment

"i do agree with people on the maid service and pigeons but other than that my husband myself and our two children had a wonderful time and have booked to go back to the revoli next year carlos was a fantastic entertainer and most of the shows were excellelent the kids clubs were great especially for my three year old who loved every minute for a cheap holiday it was really worth it that is why we are going back next year the only thing youll have to watch out for is being short changed by one member of the barstaff you know who are!cant wait to get back to that lovely weather!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

Four star I dont think so!!!

"I walked into my apartment and instantly thought, no way is this a four star, the rooms were very dusty, I checked the sheets and they had hair on them. I was not imrpessed with the shower as it looked really dated. As for the maid service, we got there on Monday, no one changed our towels until Thursday and then they came on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Strange). There was a charity event at the hotel which meant quite a few of the guests had dinner at the hotel, they only had 2 waiters on that evening and we had to wait over 45 mins for someone to take our orders. After waiting so long I expected the food to be nice but it wasn't. The entertainment was quite good. The room was like a desert, the fan served absolutely no purpose."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2004

Cheap and roasting

"Stayed here in 1998

The bar and entertainment host was outstanding.

However the rooms were a disaster.

No air conditioning, maid service non existant,

Shower rail and curtain fell on my head on day one and despite my complaints was not put right till day 14 when we left.

To be fair they did a quick fix three times on it however that just meant it fell on my head another three times !!

Very poor accommodation bedding ripped when we got there, boiling hot 24/7 could not sleep.

Windows stinking, Position at bottom of hill and near beach is a plus but thats about it.

I will not be going back"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of July 2004

Terrible

"We had a ground floor apartment facing a wall, for 7 days. watching the pigeons. We found many people from different countries in the hotel, but mainly English. We had a half board option, bed breakfast and evening meal. The menu was of very limited choice and we found that we only liked 3 or 4 items on it, the kids even less ! Imagine that for a week ! One day I had had too much sun and left my meal, partly because of the sun and partly because I was sick of the same food. The waiter walked away crossing his chest declaring !mama mia!. We found all staff ignorant and curt, until they realised I could speak Spanish, then their attitudes chsnged slightly.
The room was adequate, but more of a 2 star than the offical 4 star rating. No air conditioning, but fans available to rent in 32 degrees heat.
The pool was too small and sunbeds were reserved by all nationalities from 8 am, including the limited parasols. Some days the occupants would
not arrive until 1pm.
There was no activites during the day, as in mid August, the resident entertainer was on holiday, although on his return the quality was obviously poor, whoch is why on most nights there were only around 30 people watching. The hotel has around 500 rooms. That certainly told us something.
Drinks were expensive, Bacardi and Coke 3.8 euros (around £ 2.20) for a glass of ice and little Bacardi. Ask for no ice, and the ice is replaced with Pepsi. Happy hour (not evident on the faces of the bar staff) was 7-8pm, when Bacardi was substituted by the local tipple, weaker stuff.
On 2 occasions, the maid didn't show up, so the room was dirty and towels remained unchanged. There was no bathmat, so one towel was constantly in use to mop up the leaks(flood) from the 4 star sink.
Otherwise, a holiday is what you make it and we made out own fund, nonetheless.
As a footnote, we took euro travelers cheques instead of UK £ ones, thinking we would get 100 euros for a 100 euro cheque. Nope, they took 2.5 euroes for their trouble in changing it.
Safe deposit boxes are not in the room, they are accessible to all, like left lugagge lockers in the reception area.
I did not rate the hotel at all, and will happily recommend the Colina Mar. Whilst cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired in the rooms, everything else is spot on.
2 final things,.....firstly our major UK travel agent excludes the hotel from next years brochure, and if you want to use a credit card in any of the shops, they insist on a passport or driving licence as additional identitfication"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of August 2002

lovely holiday !

Good

"Me, my Boyfriend and our 4 year old son had a week here SC. 03.sep 2012-10 sep 2012. it was fantastic holiday.. i was told dont come here if you cant walk up and down hills because theres loads as i have asthma we were worried but when we got there yes there was a very large hill to walk down and obviously back up but really that ia the only hill and theres always a taxi to bring you back up.
The Hotel- The rooms were a good size one bedroom and a double matteres off he sofa bed. there was a hob microwave kettle ect all you would expect in a sc room. we got pool view was lovely sun shone nicely on the balcony most of the day until the evening and we could sit on there on a night and listen to the music from the pool side.
there are two happy hours maybe 3 cant remmeber to be honest but its buy one get one free in them times iknow one starts at 2:30 and i think it cost us 7 euros for two pints and two lemonades or some where round there.theres also a bar menu its ok i would advise if your sc to have some thing in your room from the spar just to the left of the hotel or as we did took tins of spaggitti or beans and noodles in our case.

the entertainment- LEO absoultly fab made our holiday even better the most funnuest out going easy person ever !!!! his games were fun his attitude was light and his nicknames were sooo funny.I wold go back just to see him hes english but speaks ever dialect..

The Surrounding area- ike i said there is a hill going down just to the right as you come out of the hotel but really not too bad there is places to stop along the way down but its too harsh. when you come to the bottom there is a bus depo you dont really need to use it unless you going to the zoo but ill tell you about that in one sec..... if you go past that and down near the tennis courts theere is a full shopping place full of places to eat bars and places to bu things we sped most of our nights here . it seams every bar you go into later on like from 8ish onwards if you decide to have a drink they give you either a free shot or coacktail or so of the time both chldren sometimes get a free drink depends but its mainly english pubs that do that. best place to eat i thnk is called is called stake house its blue round the top amd out side there wil lawys be a big russian guy he is the sweetest man in the whole place give us free after dinner drinks anything we wanted double vodka coke shots you name it he'll get you it my son also had his best meal here fresh white fish and chips it was delish i mean i wish i had got it... we got steak and my god best ive ever had anywhere!!!
Exscursions- the zoo palmitos park brilliant advise take a hat it gets very warm there drink more water than you would and sit in shade every hour or so the heat knocks you for six if you dont ... must see the dolphins they are fantasic you can get your photo took with them but some times if your sat near the front your child may get picked to take park with the dolphins jumping over them or swimming next to them
Next place Sioux city its said like sue city... fantasic cowboy ranch with all you can eat bbq drinks and laughing it was fantasic only thing is its expensive for the toys and such there so if your child is a wanter then keep out of the shop my advised.
so thats my holiday sorry if i put anyone asleep but more info is better right!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2013

Good Hotel but entertainment Poor

"A good clean hotel in a great location. We had a high floor room with lovely views, staff were friendly, the food was good but there was not much atmosphere in buffet restaurant,the pool was very shallow and to small for the size of the hotel, it was overcrowded a lot of the time. The entertainment was very limited and very repetitive. "

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2012

Hotels near Hotel Revoli

Stayed at Hotel Revoli? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Revoli

• Danielohanlon by Danielohanlon

"seacat cruise & dicey Rylies Irish Pub "

• Phil Wiseman by Phil Wiseman

"4x4 Jeep Safari - You have to do this! Boat trip to Puerto Mogan "

• 115Hannah by 115Hannah

"Excellent location, but an average hotel. "

• xoicedchampinkxo by xoicedchampinkxo

"Hire out the Air Conditioning Units "

• kazzie by kazzie

"dont go with children "

• Ashlee by Ashlee

"Great for kids and family holidays "

• vam by vam

"Dont stay at the Revoli "

• Big Al by Big Al

"Talk to reception they are full of good tips ie taxi is cheaper than busees on short journeys if you are afamily of 3/4. "

• chloboo by chloboo

"ask for a pool view room "

• Deise by Deise

"Just enjoy the whole revoil experience "

• great place by great place

"m and m bar cant go wrong for a drink 90 cent a pint and 1 euro for a bottle of bud! "

• Liam C by Liam C

"make the most of there 3 happy hours "

• Yummy_Mummy by Yummy_Mummy

"if your self catering take food over with you and drink in happy hour "

Hotel Revoli is also called