Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel

C/. La Palma, 2 Amadores, Mogan, 35139 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria Spain

Excellent Hotel

Good

"Stayed in the first week of Feb 2006 - The hotel is excellent, with very big bedrooms and good amenities. The food is the restaraunt was good and we found the staff very attentive (different to what we had read before going). The animacion team worked very hard in providing sports, games etc. The hotel is well positioned between Peurto Rico and Amadores - 5 to 10 mins walk to P.Rico and 15-20 mins walk to Amadores. The walks are easy using the walkways to which the hotel is attached. Only negative point is the evening entertainment-I would advise you not to go fully inclusive as it gives you the alternative of looking at nightlife in Peurto Rico. We would definetly go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of February 2006

Very nice hotel

Good

"I stayed here for a week with my family and it was excellent. The hotel is very close to the sea and most bedrooms have a great view. The bedrooms are clean and tidy.They are also modern and spacious. There are great facilities for children including daily animation. At night there is a disco for children and during the day there is a mini club.
There is a good choice of food for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
I would definently go back."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of February 2006

we want to go back

"I travelled to the gloria palace hotel on the 2nd of january 2006 with my husband.
we went with mytavel on a prestige package and it was well worth the money, right from the extra baggage allowance to the use of the lounge at the airport [east midlands] free drink each on plane,we where transferrred to the hotel in a car instead of the usual coach and again on departure home.
on arriving at the hotel we where met by very friendly staff who soon sorted out our room and gave us all information which was needed about the hotel.
the room was huge, the balcony was massive, we have been in some hotels with rooms smaller than the balcony, the view was spectacular [sea view] although we thought we where on the top floor when given a room on floor 8, the lift actually goes down and not up, so a view from a higher floor must have been incredable.
we stayed for 1 weeks holiday and found the staff to be helpful all the time, we found the service in the dining room and bar areas good, if a table was not available at dinner one was soon found, cleared and re-set. although the service in the bar area was not always as quick as you would like the atmosphere was always relaxed so you didnt mind, they have alot of guest to serve so do be patient, you can get served at the bar area, we some times found this quicker.
the hotel is near the harbour and easily reached by the promenade [once you have got used to the lifts]
i would recommend the hotel to anyone as it was very clean, pleasant staff and in a good location.
as we did travel in january the hotel may get more busier in high season, although it was very busy when we where there, we where suprised how many people go on holiday at that time of year.didnt want to come home
we would definetly go again"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006

food and service in the restaurant

"the restaurant at this hotel is a total let down for a 4* hotel you have to fight for a table both for breakfast and for your evening meal we went to this hotel in October and we tried going to the restauant at various times of the night but it did not improve instead of waiting at the restaurant entrance to be shown to a seat you enter the restaurant and were expected to find your own table, on one occasion we were asked to leave a table ( not in a good manner ) by a waitress who informed me that this table belonged to another lady this in my opinion lets the hotel down I would definately go to this hotel again as the location and the rooms size is great but only on a bed and breakfast basis"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

well worth the money!

Good

"Just returned after a weeks break at the Gloria Palace Amadores with my 10 year old daughter. Had a wonderful time and wouldnt hesitate to go back again.
The hotel and grounds are beautiful, however it is a wee bit complicated - the lift system takes forever to work out due to the different levels of the hotels main areas, persevere and you will eventually find what youre looking for!

The bedroom we had was extremely comfortable and the biggest I have ever stayed in. Well decorated and equipped, the only down side was our room was right above the childrens play area and could get a little noisy in the afternoon, luck of the draw i suppose!

The food was absolutely fantastic, so much choice and well presented, however I felt the restaurant itself needed some sort of organisation. You are not allocated the same table for the duration of your holiday and it was sometimes difficult during busy times to find a clean empty table. There didnt appear to be enough waiters to clear the tables quickly enough and quite often you would be eating your next course before your dirty plates were removed from starters etc. Tables very often werent set correctly - something I feel shouldnt happen in a 4* hotel.

Daytime activities were very good with something happening each hour - from darts, french boules, rifle shooting etc - we werent pressurised to join in but it was a god send for my daughter to keep her entertained in the games she was old enough to participate in.
Evening entertainment a wee bit boring, a resident singer who was on every night (she had a good voice but was a bit repetative night after night) then further live music or quiz etc later on.

My main concern with this hotel is that it is perched right on the edge of a cliff and extremely high as are most places in Puerto Rico. I felt the barriers around the poolside werent high enough and if I was travelling with a younger child there would be no way on this earth that I could relax. The railings only came up to chest height on me and Im on 5ft 3 tall. Chairs around the pool bar and inquisitive youngsters climbing - need i say more except its one hell of a drop to the road below.

Overall I have to say we did have a fabulous time at this hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending it to people without young children."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of December 2005

What a glorious Gloria Hotel...

"I have just returned from a one week holiday with Thomas Cook. I stayed in this great hotel from December 12th thru December 19th and will recommend everyone to stay longer if you can. Very friendly staff, nice large clean rooms, and what a choice for whatever food from breakfast, lunch thru diner... And two fantastic pools with large size sunbeds.. the real ones. Go All Inclusive as I did."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of December 2005

Great Hotel

"We are from Denmark, just came back from 1 week on this great hotel. It has been a lovely week. The best hotel i ever stayed in. The welcome in the reception: do you want a glass of champange or juice. We will take care of your lougage.

We had all inclusive and great food. What i could miss would be an ekstra restaurant were dinner is not served as a buffet. But as a fine dinner.

Great wiew from the hotel room. Is rearly a great hotel. I can recomend it. Big rooms. Fine service - we had all inclusive - and we never felt that we did not have the same service as others.

Not many from Denmark on the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of November 2005

Our third visit

"The best hotel in the area, i have been there 3 times in the 2 years since it has opened.
What makes it so special is the mega jacuzzi with the
health spa, bit like footballers wives and the scenic
lift..spectacular views on the way down.
The best bet is to eat in the restaurt early to get a
window table as a lot of spanish use the hotel and
they like to eat late.
If you must slum it and leave the hotel i would avoid
the europa centre its full of plebs and boot sale tat.
Peurto rico town centre is not much better but at
least you can take your kids to a mcdonalds.
i find the paris good for perfume and aftershave
but the football bars are ok if a match is on
otherwise to much in your face after the relaxed
atmosphere of the Gloria. most of the restaurnts are
wham bam slop in the pan so therefore make sure you
book all inclusive or half board.
I would like to mention kirstin of the activities
she means well and works hard .
I cannot fault the hotel and will be returning for
my 4 visit next year.."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of November 2005

Great Hotel

"Have just returned from a fabulous stay at Gloria palace, Amadores.Hisband & I both rate G>P> as excellent--once you have mastered the complicat4ed lift system. We made some good friends with people who seemed trapped in the lift.
Rooms are absolutely fantastic--all have a wonderful sea view so that early morning 'cuppa' on the balcony is great-looking out to sea watching the little fishing boats.
PS--if you don't want to take your own kettle you can hire one from reception for about 10 euros.
Food in dining room is wonderful. So many choices I just didn't know what to eat. You must try the muscles & the duck breast. Boy are they fantastic.--Out of this world!
Dining room has panoramic views over the sea so you can dine while looking for the elusive Dilphins.
I think our only critisim would be the way the dining room is run.
Unlike so many other dining rooms of the same rating there is no Maitre'D in the dining room to escort you to your table so, if you are not careful, meal times can be a bit of a ' free for all '.
Also, many of the 'continental' guests don't want other diners near them so are in the habit of 'reserving' seats near them by either placing personel possessions on the table or saying their friends are just about to join them--funny how they never turn up. But as I said it was just a minor irritation.
But as I said, it was just a minor irritation.
We found ALL staff to very helpful & obliging--from Front desk to maids.
Rooms are cleaned daily & (luxery of luxeries) beds were changed EVERY DAY.
Hotel facilities are superb. We found the top pool to be mainly frequented by guests with no children so noise was at a minimum. A bonus for me--the pool does not have a deep end (I don't swim very well). Both pools are 'infinity' pools so you just swim up to the edge & look out to sea. There are ample sunbeds & parasolls so no need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve yours.
Amadores itself is a relatively new resort with several beach bars & restaurants. There is an excellent Italian restaurant that serves the BIGGEST prawns I have ever seen in my life. Do try them! Amadores is a good 10 minute walk from the hotel but well worth it. I must say though that I prefered Puerto Rico-mainly because it is closer to the hotel.
If time allows take a boat trip to Mogan. The prettiest little port on the island. A beautiful beach in a beautiful resort.
So, if you are headed for the Gloria Palace, Amadores, I am quite sure you will have a great holiday.
We can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

Very, very good, for 4 stars hotel

"I, my wife and my son stayed at hotel Amadores Gloria Palace and we loved it. Very good attendance with very likeable staff.
Very good food, excellent localization, two beaches near (300 meters). One on the left and another one on the right of the hotel. This hotel seems to be like Titanic ship. There are moments that you can forget that you are inside the hotel, and seems to be board of a cruise ship."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2005

NOT SO GOOD

"Great location, don't go all inclusive not worth the money.
Go bed and breakfast and eat out at night Portafino restaurant fabulous.
Request sea view as you need this on your booking form or you will not get one.
Avoid hotel bars. Would not return."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2014

Lovely holiday

"Beautiful hotel, friendly and helpful staff members, views fantastic , good food and drinks , close walks to both beaches, 3euro taxi to main night life.
Fantastic relaxing holiday !"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2014

Hotels near Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel

Stayed at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel

• Red by Red

"Very enjoyable relaxing place to stay "

• Carlisle by Carlisle

"Wonderful hotel, facilities, location and staff. "

• Genty by Genty

"If you`re looking for the perfect holiday, go and see for yourself. "

• peels.leicester by peels.leicester

"good but not value for money. "

• Likes to travel.com by Likes to travel.com

"Defo go to the spa in the hotel, and if you have kids there is a town pool during the day with slides and bouncy castels and all sorts in it i would recomened you use it to keep the kids entertained during the day. "

• Maggie by Maggie

"Absolutely nothing, sit enjoy the breathtaking views. "

• Fab holiday - highly recommend by Fab holiday - highly recommend

"If your brave have a go at para-gliding - wow "

• A11 by A11

"take your own safe. go to the meeting with your rep, they provide a variety of activities, advice and useful information. "

• Jan Kipp by Jan Kipp

"The boattrips are great, A must! "

• pete by pete

"Sample the different food on offer in the restaurant each night(Italian,Cuban,Irish,French etc.) "

• Casee by Casee

"Make use of all the activities and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere. "

• kcw by kcw

"check price of drinks "

• Flossy by Flossy

"Take a boat trip to Morgan and you will see the hotel from the sea in all its glory. "

• Iv by Iv

"Acrobats and similars are incredibles. Swming pool and SPA to rest. Incredible buffet even for Spain. (And I´m spanish, so I know what I´m talking about...) "

• Bob H by Bob H

"Ensure time is set aside to enjoy the daily amenities of the hotel "

• Annc by Annc

"You have got to use the spa ...amazing "

• Frank B by Frank B

"The Black Bros, what an act. "

• vandgrush by vandgrush

"Ensure that the room is really available "

• derek pickering by derek pickering

"my only fault from our stay was the evening enterfainment too much dancing acts but the kids entertainment was first class "

• John W by John W

"just unpack your bags and relax and enjoy "

Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is also called