Eden Apartments

Calle Roque de los Muchachos 1, 35130 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria Spain

Fun In The Sun

Good

"My partner and I thought it would be nice to book a holiday in May where you were guaranteed hot weather, and as it was my partners 40th Birthday we decided on a weeks holiday in the Gran Canaria (Puerto Rico). We stayed at Eden Apartments as we saw video clips of the apartment before we booked it with Thomson, which was very useful seeing the layout and facilities of the apartment. The apartment was very clean and nice, including all the clean kitchen utensils and a modern looking kitchen. It was great being in an apartment which had a decent size fridge freezer, but best of all it was lovely having an apartment with a clean microwave. In this day and age I think all self catering apartments should have microwaves in them as you feel home from home. I personally don't go on holiday to cook, I go on holiday to relax with my partner, soak up the sun and drink loads of Courvoisier on the rocks. So the microwave was an added bonus for us. The only downfall with apartments and studio apartments is that they don't cater for couples who would like to go on holiday and sleep in a double bed, (if you know what I mean) as for those twin single beds, they are a pain in the neck as they are either to far apart from each other or they just slide apart from each other during the middle of the night.
All in all we had a lovely holiday, friendly hotel staff and friendly Thomson Reps and we intend to go back to Gran Canaria next year as we thought it was such a lovely place. (",)"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

Poor Security

"Having just returned from these apartments I thought I should warn everyone they are STILL being broken into! We stayed for a week and the two apartments next door were broken into and all their valuables stolen. I can't see why so many people rave about these apartments because apart from the break ins they are still rather grotty apartments. We loved Gran Canaria and will return but I wouldn't go back to Eden if Thomson paid me."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

Nice Place shame about the Security

"Looking forward to our summer Family holiday with my wife and 2 year old daughter and within the second day the room was burgled taking all our cash and personal belongings (still trying to claim). We were then moved to the second floor which was better and started to enjoy ourselves. Entertainment was very good especially during the evening and overall it was an enjoyable holiday. It was a shame they started to put up security camaras up after so many breakins (also spoke with 8 other couples who also had been burgled) recommended but be on the 1st floor and hire personal 24hr security guards !!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

grotty rooms

"rooms too small for 5 overall grotty rooms cracked tiles windows and doors poor security ridiculously excessive noise from the butlins style entertainment.
cockroaches in the rooms at night terrifying the kids ants . this is not 3 * accomodation and is very similar to a cheap static caravan park in wales.
if you are reading reviews before you go please take my advise and use another hotel.
on the plus side the pool is good as it is heated although if your kids cannot swim forget it as it is too deep for under 8 years old. the food is good.
the tours provided by thomson are expensive and not value i would suggest going on the same trips organised by the other tour booths in the resort.
the general shabbyness or this hotel is from a massive lack of investment even though the local spanish staff are doing the best they can"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of April 2006

great place

"We stayed here on an "allocation on arrival" holiday which was very reasonable. As we like walking, even up VERY steep hills, we were happy with the location. It took approx. 15mins to walk to the lovely clean Amadores beach (25mins back!) and about the same to Puerto Rico harbour/beach area, although there are plenty taxis for about 3-4 euros. The Europa Centre is only a couple of minutes walk but with lots of steps and here there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. The apartment was basic but clean and was cleaned every day except Sunday with clean towels provided. In our 1 bedroomed apartment we had a double bed and 2 sofa beds in the small lounge, a basic kitchen with 2 ring hob, microwave, kettle, toaster and large fridge/freezer. The shower was great with lots of hot water at all times. There is a safe in the wardrobe which is 10 euros a week with 10 euros deposit. We felt the apartment was quite safe as there are horizontal bars on the windows and the patio doors have a lock and door chain. The best thing about our apartment was the large balcony which got the sun all day and had table, 4 chairs, 2 sunbeds and a clothes drier.The pool area is fairly small but there seemed to be plenty of sunbeds to go round. The entertainers are enthusiastic and created a great atmosphere. There was afternon entertainment and the evening programme varied with a 2 week rotation so you would not get the same each week on a 2 week holiday. The bar staff were friendly and served everyone quickly, even on the daily "happy hour" (buy 1 get 1 free from 4-5pm on any drink. Thomson Reps were constantly available and were friendly and helpful.
On the whole we were pleased with these apartments for what we paid and I think they are suitable for families and couples."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of March 2006

Brilliant!!!!!

Good

"Had a brilliant time at the Eden, myself, my husband and 3 kids. You know how hard it is too please kids, well a piece of cake here thanks to VICKI AND GARY who arranged activities/entertainment day and night, a big thanks. Kids clubs were also good although mine preferred the pool and surroundings. Mitchell and staff who waited on us, great food and prices. Happy hour and bingo a job well done!!!! Accommodation was very clean and comfortable. Cannot understand some negative comments about this place, very family orientated, Taxis very cheap. Would definately return."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of January 2006

Still Being Broken In

"I am horrified to see the Eden is still the subject of constant burglary.We stayed over xmas in 02/03 and the complex was the target for criminals on four occasions during the vacation. the tour operators still deny actual FACT and should be brought to task for still operating this DUMP"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of December 2005

Best room we have had

Good

"Just returned (1st September), have been before (not through our choice but because Thomsons had overbooked the Puerta Plata!).
This time we did book as we went with friends with children. The room we had this time was great, one bedroom, spacious and clean with a nice kitchen (although we only used the fridge/freezer to store wine, beer and orange juice, as well as the occasional chocolate bar!). Our friends were only expecting a one bed room but had a 2 bed which was really nice too.
The staff are friendly and welcoming and the place is clean and tidy.
The food from the bar is really good value and of a good standard and the happy hour - two for one, is not to be sneezed at! remember 4-5 every day!
The location is high up as we know, however as mentioned the taxis are cheap - around 3 euros and we did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for one.
All in all, although we don't have children and would not choose to stay here on our own, our friends and their children were more than happy with the Eden Apartments."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2005

Better than expected

"Was not looking forward to staying in these apartments after reading previous reviews, however : There were no cockroaches in our apartments which were clean and tidy on arrival. Hire a safety deposit box if you have valuables - a friendly security guard now walks around the area every evening - fortunately we did not hear of one break in during our stay. If you have kids they will have a great time, if you don't and prefer to sun bathe in a quiet area, the sun terrace always has plenty of loungers available. Drinks and food are very reasonable around the pool area, Europa Centre just a few minutes walk. Taxi's are very reasonable. Spend a day at Amadores Beach, lovely and clean and 3 euros in a taxi."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2005

breakins

"I would not wish it on my worst enemy to stay at the eden we stayed there in july 2005 for 14 days on our third night we returned to find our front door had been kicked in and the appartment had been trashed ours was one of three that night in total we heard of 10 in the 14 nights 1 young couple were robbed within 2 hours while they slept on the sofas. As for the staff and the thomsons reps they coulded give a monkeys the security at the eden is a joke stay well clear"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2005

Fairly decent, but leaves a lot to be desired.

"Me and my parents stayed at the Eden in July this year for 10 nights on an All Inclusive basis, first time we have stayed here but we were with some friends also who have already been a few times. Overall we definitely wouldn't recommend to others or return again, the reasons for that I will explain.

I'll start with the positives, the location is fantastic as being so far high up on the hilltops meant we had some stunning and breath taking views from the Aparthotel and when walking down to the Europa center. The feel of the place was very relaxing and tranquil, equally though the Europa center was just a five minute walk away with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to choose from. The supermarket just next to Reception was also handy. Breakfast and lunches were delicious, couldn't fault them. The balcony just outside our apartment was also very nice especially for days you want peace and quiet away from the pool where it was always busy.

Moving on to the negatives, ok so first off the apartment itself whilst it looks very modern and had a high level of cleanliness, the beds were too firm and quite uncomfortable to sleep in, especially at night it was way too hot even with both the living room and bedroom roof fans switched on so we had to pay a 50 euro deposit for a big air conditioning machine but to be honest especially at this time of year when temperatures are between mid forties and fifties a bit of air conditioning is an essential especially for families like us who aren't used to this kind of humidity in the canary islands year after year. Also, the room I slept in with the two twin rooms was way too small, and the beds weren't wide enough for a grown up to sleep in so between all of that I had to eventually sleep on the sofa bed at night which was very comfy and in good condition. The bathrooms in my opinion really should include a bathtub and shower so that people have the option especially when staying for a week or longer and finally water leaking out the shower, which could easily be prevented if there were proper shower doors to open and close, it only had glass going half way along from the the wall next to the sink to the middle of the shower which couldn't be adjusted in any way and even when we put a couple of towels down on the floor, it still caused leaking and of course for them to get soaked which I really feel is a health and safety issue especially for very young children. That brings me onto health and safety actually and there were several breaches of it whilst staying here. First off, round the pool area it's way too slippy even for walking around in sandals or flip flops and there was a few slips and trips with kids but what really got me was when in our last few days we heard of a boy who slipped so bad he cut a part of his head open and had to be rushed to hospital, some of the cutlery for eating meals I noticed weren't properly cleaned and had dirty food stains on them and finally that bridge going from just beside the pool into the bar and dining area was way too steep and felt a bit imbalanced when walking cross it a a lot of the time especially when carrying drinks or food. Sunbeds was a big gripe because a lot of people staying here were having to get up as early as 05:30am-6am to reserve sunbeds as by the time it got to 8am, most of them were full. Afternoon entertainment of bingo party hour for the adults, don't get me wrong it was funny and all around a good bit of fun however eventually day in day out it got quite tedious and feel there could be more variety around afternoon activities at that time. Evening entertainment, cannot comment as we went out every night but we did hear from several guests staying that there wasn't enough people there so the atmosphere wasn't great on most nights. The staff I would say are a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes they were very friendly and made conversation, other times they didn't acknowledge you, seemed a bit off or just looked as if they didn't want to be there.

Disappointing experience and personally just do not understand how so many people think it's brilliant and have been returning year after year.."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2016

my stay in sept

"I don't know what planet the angry lady is from i stayed here for 1 week in Sept all inclusive and i found the staff from reception to bar staff all very friendly we had a room that was facing the pool room no 86 which i didn't like and that was because it had steps next to it leading up to the solarium and next to covered area which got noisy at night but the room was clean and had everything for self catering plus u didn't have to walk up or down 600 steps as the Europa center was not even a 5 minute walk away i will be going back here in Dec 16 as i found it good value for money so angry lady you have not put me of going back here but this time i will upgrade to furnished room."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of December 2015

Hotels near Eden Apartments

Stayed at Eden Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Eden Apartments

• jayboo by jayboo

"el torro does amazing steaks and amadores beach is by far the bext beach in gran canaria "

• "Peurto Mogan worth a visit, beach there lovely. "

• louby by louby

"loved the resort and hotel would definitely recommend to anyone "

• london meets somerset by london meets somerset

"Brilliant highly recommend "

• buddyboy by buddyboy

"Very hilly place, quite out of date and needs bringing into the 21st century "

• buddyboy by buddyboy

"Peurta Morgan is pretty place to visit "

• "go there with an open mind you will be surprised "

• "port morgan lovely place we went by coach and came back by sea.palmitos park so clean lovely day ou "

• SpanishGirl_x by SpanishGirl_x

"the irish bar in the euoropa centre is a great night out "

• DIANE WEIR by DIANE WEIR

"friend aly good food clean adults rooftop close to centre "

• vickylynch77 by vickylynch77

"Lots of beautiful beaches , friendly and ideal for everyone "

• vickylynch77 by vickylynch77

"ciao beach at amadores beach "

• d-hass by d-hass

"beautiful place lush beach "

• latham by latham

"oscars next to the marina in puerto rico shoppin centre "

• derry by derry

"every thing was perfect "

• KT by KT

"Next stop would have been Heaven, we were at the top of Puerto Rico, views were fantastic. "

• Ricardo by Ricardo

"Try another hotel Riu vistamar "

• clarebella by clarebella

"lovely especially beach "

• derry by derry

"nothing loved everything about them "

• Cathie R by Cathie R

"Enjoy the pool area and restaurant, Europa Centre is a 5 minute walk from the apartments and it is very lively with loads of bars and restaurants, and shops. "

Eden Apartments is also called