Good

Hell on earth

Reviewed 31st October 2016

"Horrible hotel very rude bar staff Irish lady and her son there to make guest life hell .....40 yrs i have been going abroad never made a complaint ever to stay 2- stay up to 5 star .....u get a welcome from hell and then have to deal with truly horrible bullies who show you up or try just don't book. "

• Travel date: 7th October 2016

Noisy

Reviewed 30th September 2016

"I spent a week in August 2016 at Colinar Mar. It was a bit dated but not really a complaint for the price. The electrics were a bit dodgy though (lights hanging off the ceiling and the sockets not working all the time). Cleanliness was average, not really clean enough for me but no major problems. Nice view from the balcony. The restaurant area was nice and the food was good with plenty of choice. The pool area was good with a large pool and plenty of sunbeds although you still got the sad people hogging the best spots with their towels laid out from the crack of dawn. Staff on reception were pleasant and helpful. The staff in the restaurant and bars (with the exception of one lovely older man) were rude especially the blonde haired woman. The noise from other holidaymakers during the night was a disgrace with parents shouting and allowing their kids to run riot. I had Irish neighbors above, below and to the side of me. I couldn't believe the inconsiderate behavior. The all inclusive bar was limited but it wasn't a problem for me. The entertainment was rubbish and the bar area resembled a dated Butlins. The shower room which I used on my last day as I had to vacate the room at 12 noon and didn't fly until 9 pm was terrible with no locking door and I had a cockroach in the shower with me, definitely not clean. The location was high and the walk up from the beach was tiring but it didn't put me off. The beach was nice. However, apart from the lack of sleep, I had a lovely week but I wouldn't stay there again. "

• Travel date: 25th September 2016

Horrible

Reviewed 28th June 2016

"The food all has the same oily taste to it. Selection of food is the worst ever for an all inclusive holiday (I always go all inclusive.) We had to eat out every day so the all inclusive was a complete waste of money. The selection of all inclusive drinks is extremely limited and snacks are not included at all. There was hassle at the hotel during our stay and the police were called on one occasion. Most of the staff are rude and bang down the drinks and turn away without even hearing what the actual drink was you wanted. The shower fixing was not stable into the tiles. The front door had gaps. You have to pay 20 Euros for the rent of the remote control for the TV and the TV consists of not even 10 channels which are all in VHS quality, 3 English channels one of which has Chinese subtitles. This is not a place to bring your kids to, there was too many drunks there and staff did not seem to care about this. There is no entertainment for kids (the entertainment was ridiculous, it was the same woman doing different things each day like bingo or karaoke, playing cards, and playing music) There are lots of feral cats around the restaurant, though they were quite friendly it's just not the best thing to have cats sitting at your feet as you try to relax with a drink. The manager did not take me seriously when i voiced my concerns she was very condescending and kept saying 'thank you' so there was no way we could have resolved things there. "

• Travel date: 26th June 2016

Do not stay you will get ripped off

Reviewed 18th February 2014

"Hotel itself is very average stayed June 2013 for one week . Could do with a complete revamp and the entertainment if that is what you could call it. Went for initial week as all inclusive then decided to extend for another 3 days spoke with reception who were very helpful or so i thought i explained being pregnant I wasn't really using the all inclusive so would like to stay the extra days room only they agreed and printed me a receipt paying for the room for 3 days. The day before i was due to check out they asked me to stop by and i completely forgot, Upon checking out at 3 am security followed me and threatened to call the police unless I paid £150 for the all inclusive I explained I hadn't used this but he was very forceful and I had to pay under duress as all that was going through my head was I could be arrested and miss my flight. They have completely ignored my letters and attempts at contact so I contacted the company I booked it through who have tried on my behalf after an initial response they are now also being ignored. So there response is now you booked your extra stay direct so nothing to do with us. Even before all this I was disappointed with pretty much the whole stay same food every day, ignorant staff dated decor I certainly wouldnt have returned either way. All you can hear is the music all night from the square below it sounds as if people are partying in the room next door.""

• Travel date: 18th February 2014

Disappointed is an understatement!!

Reviewed 28th August 2013

"Stayed here recently with my boyfriend and all I can say is disappointed!! We arrived at 3am on the Sunday morning for a 2 week stay. The reception was locked up, despite the fact its meant to be 24 hour! Then, when someone finally came to let us in, we were given our room key and plonked at the bottom end of the apartments, room 58 which wasn't the room we asked for. Once we found the apartment, we tried turning the lights on only to discover the electric wasn't working. My boyfriend went back to see the man on reception who didn't seem to care that we were tired and rather fed up. Night staff are miserable and not at all helpful. We went back up to reception first thing in the morning and asked if we could swap rooms, luckily we were moved further up top with a better view. We paid for 2 weeks of all inclusive for 2 people and we were disgusted at what we received for the money. We paid roughly £600 more for all inclusive - we were told that snacks were included with no extra cost, well, the only free snack available was ice cream - burgers etc. were 50% for all inclusive customers. Only one type of beer was available, meals were repetitive and puddings were bland and boring. Same sponge, fruit and some sort of angel delight with cornflakes at the bottom - yuck! My boyfriend has stayed at Colina Mar in the past with family and said it was much better the last time he came - no trouble. We were asked to vacate our room at 12 noon on the Saturday, despite the fact we weren't getting picked up till 12:30am to be taken to the airport - we then had to pay 27 euros to keep our room till 8pm, then we had to leave our luggage in reception. Entertainment wasn't great - tropical show where you're not even allowed to take your own pictures or videos, you have to pay 30 euros for a photo with a snake! Entertainment is mainly aimed at children - ranging from their mini disco to their cheesy magic shows. Oscar was a brilliant entertainer, however, his quizzes were a little too hard and needed to be aimed at people of all ages, not just the 'older generation' Also, restaurant staff didn't clear plates away fast enough, they often walked past an empty table with plates stacked high and never thought about taking them into the kitchen which then meant stray cats would jump up and eat the left overs. Sunbeds were being reserved at 3am! However, the day we left a member of staff but a notice up to say its not allowed to reserve sunbeds anymore and towels would be removed. Rightly so too! I was sick of seeing the same towels in the same spots every day. No consideration for other guests. To sum up, Colina Mar was a mistake! The weather was perfect and we came home with a lovely tan but other than that, rubbish! Wouldn't go back and definitely wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone else. "

• Travel date: 25th August 2013

Great 2 weeks

Reviewed 11th September 2012

"Me and my wife have just spent 2 loverly weeks at Colina Mar apts.the hotel is immaculately clean,the staff from cleaners to barstaff were friendly helpful and engaging.We are already planning a return visit along with three other families with whom we made friends of. Frank and Carolyn,Liverpool."

• Travel date: 11th September 2012

Dated Apartments

Reviewed 25th November 2011

"Just back from a week's stay. Had a great holiday apart from the room having cockroaches three nights in a row, and a flooded bathroom. Staff were very friendly and were extremely good at their job which helped make our stay enjoyable. I will never stay at these apartments again they are not very clean and in need of refurbishment felt we paid a lot of money for something that was not up to standard. I would also note that Thomas Cook, need to train their reps to a better standard of customer care. I would not recommend anyone to stay in room 213...."

• Travel date: 24th November 2011

great apartments

Reviewed 6th October 2011

"just got back from a weeks stay at the colina mar, first time for all inclusive holiday. rooms were clean and cleaned often also you have a small kitchen which is a bonus. there are 2 pools we stayed at the smaller pool which is a lot quieter and more relaxed. all staff were friendly, night entertainment was good and varied, trip to beach by taxi is about 3 to 4 euros there are taxis across the road and down by the shopping complex. beware in the shopping complex of touts and avoid the electrical shops they are a bit of a con "

• Travel date: 6th October 2011

dirty horrible hole

Reviewed 13th September 2011

"omg dont go ere its a dirty horrible place theres ants all over the bathroom all over the towels the bed sheets are dirty and dont get changed the food is that bad i wouldnt give it to my dog the ants are even on the tables in the resturant.the staff are so rude and the room stunk of wee read the reviews they are true if you go here you will be gutted and want to go home just like we did"

• Travel date: 12th September 2011

Good & Bad Points

Reviewed 30th August 2011

"My family & I have just spent 10 days in the Colina Mar which had both good & bad points. The rooms were great very spacious & with a kettle & a fridge which we have never had in any other hotel where we were all inclusive. The pool was quite large which was nice but around the edges where people were walking is no more than a death trap the amount of people who we saw slip & fall was terrible someone is going to have a serious accident if some kind of matting isn't put down soon. Some of the staff were some of the rudest & unfriendliest I've come across in a hotel apart from Jose & Michelle who worked on the night bar & the cleaners were so friendly & polite but everything was just too much trouble for the others. The food wasn't bad but it was very repetitive lunch time & evening. The hotel had a list of rules such has no reserving sunbeds yet by 7 am the sunbeds were full of towels but could stay like that for hours with no sign of anyone actually on them! No one took any notice of any rule & at times I can only describe it as a free for all, people with bottles of vodka around the pool at 8 am rolling around drunk falling in the pool with drinks & all this in front of young children. I think some kind of security is needed. We would go back to Gran Canaria but sorry to say not to the Colina Mar."

• Travel date: 25th August 2011

Excellent week, well worth it!!

Reviewed 31st August 2011

"We knew the resort from previous holidays, and the location of the Colina Mar. Having booked it online for a quick week away, we then read the customer reviews and panicked, wondering what was ahead of us! What a load of nonsense! We couldn't find fault with any aspect ie. bar staff, cleaners, accomodation etc. We paid for a family of four, self catering for a week- well worth the money paid! The room was cleaned, fresh towels, friendly cleaners. The pool was cleaned every morning, the bar staff were efficient and hardworking, and we didn't experience any of the complaints other reviewers seemed to have left. We would definitely have no doubts rebooking a holiday at the Colina Mar in Puerto Rico!"

• Travel date: 22nd August 2011

Gone down hill

Reviewed 5th August 2011

"My family have been coming to this hotel for years, sometimes twice a year. Omg what a changed hotel since going all inclusive. Breakfast ok, the rest was awful. bar staff except for (i think his name is manguel! the gentleman that has been there for years. It was a joy to see him)the rest were rude and ignorant.waiting staff terrible terrible attitude, couldn't do enough to annoy you. At nite at the bar you had to wait a least 30mins for a drink. Again nite staff were ignorant. This hotel is now moved miles away from the family atmosphere which attracted us for years. the room was clean and maid services was ok. First time we have experienced police and riot vans at this hotel (4 times !!) sorry colina mar but we wont be back. "

• Travel date: 2nd August 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Colina Mar Apartments

Top traveller tips for Colina Mar Apartments

• by margeliiz

"Do not bring kids, do not go all inclusive."

• by katm1979

"There is absolutely no selling point "

• by MissLouLouise

"Jet ski excursions are a highlight at Anfi beach!"

• by fleet4474

"be engaging,friendly,and it is returned in buckets full."

• by vulcan_2009

"stay in for the night, the new compare is well worth it very funny guy"

• by nic

"as soon as you out of colina mar its nice."

• by The Bings

"Get down onto the coastal walkway and follow it round to Amadores beach!"

• by BABSIE

"Get rid of the all inclusive"

• by Shantel

"PAL trip to the caves"

• by Kieran

"Join in the activities its great fun and free"

• by dee

"go self catering,get it cheap.expect nothing great and you'll be happy enough"

• by darkie

"Gran Canaria for the easy life"

• by albmary

"OK for the young and not quite so discerning traveller, tacky"

• by Hazel2000

"Flicks in the Europa Centre. Superb food and friendly, efficient service"

• by aussie2008

"perfect holiday if your looking for sunshine spot on and the night time is just as good "

• by paulcherry

"beach is amazing, 35 degrees most days"

• by michellexx

"amadores beach is beautiful.the supercat boat is great."

• by buster 51

"just watching the sun rise from my balcony with a coffee, stunning! and amodoras beach was lovely "

• by XxtottyxX

"loved the walk along the path from the main beach to the amadoras"

• by meee

"Anfi workers will hound you"

Colina Mar Apartments is also called

• Colina Mar Aparthotel
  • colina mar apartments puerto rico
  • colina mar