Santa Fe Bungalows

Avenida de Gran Canaria 23, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Good

just returned from another holiday spent...

"just returned from another holiday spent in play del ingles first time at santa fe bungalows read all the reviews and wasent sure what to expect but what a pleasent surprise they have just finished updateing most of the bungalows and made a lovely job doing so. both swimming pools are clean but not enough sunbeds i would imagine at high season but fine at this time of year,only saw 3 cockroches this time thats a bonus!! staff all really helpfull had no problems at all.
yumbo centre only a few mins walk and some of the funniest nights spent at diamonds with paul he is just the best ever.

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2008

these apartments are ideal for the price...

Good

"these apartments are ideal for the price you pay!! rooms are basic but are clean and tidy. maids in every day or so .it was mostly spanish people staying ,everybody keeps themselves to themselves,the place is very central to everything 5 or 10 mins to the beach 5 mins to pubs , bars restaraunts there is a place called mackers across the road from santa fe food nice drink dirt cheap if you dont mind 1 euro a pint or 1 euro a bottle of carlsberg . the only downside to santa fe is ,no air conditioning ,hired a fan for 3o euros for 2 weeks got 10 back after 2 weeks. you could buy a fan for 20 odd euros ,but we couldnt be bothered tracking them down,overall good place to stay, staff friendly place is kept clean. would stay here again no problem. and only saw 1 cockroach in apartment"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

clas place ta go..only back las sat an l...

"clas place ta go..only back las sat an luved it..didnt wana****home..very hot wen we wer der but really had a brill time..went on da booze cruise on da tues an it was clas done para gliding luved it..was at aqualand on da fri an it was a gud days craic.."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2008

We bookt bungalow in November 07, and ar...

"We bookt bungalow in November 07, and arived at Santa fe 21 februari 08. We where just told to go to another hotel, this vas overbookt! The hotell we where told to go to where 8km away, and we arrived at 23:15 at nignht! The staff here vas not helpfull at all, they where quit roud and unpleasant. They spoke very bad english, at least they told us so!?
They sad that we could come back there the nex day and get a bungalow then! But this was a lie, there were no bungalows the nex day! They where totaly unintrested to help us!
We will never try to book Sanata fe again, and not recomend annyone to do so!
This was a nightmare!

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

We bookt bungalow in November 07, and ar...

We will never try to book Sanata fe again, and not recomend annyone to do so!
This was a nightmare!

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

I was expecting a nice bungalow but when...

"I was expecting a nice bungalow but when we arrived it was far from that, on the first night the door handle fell off. The next complaint was the shower doors fell off when you closed them, then the next complaint was the curtain rail fell off the wall (totally it was hanging by 1 screw). The next complaint was the bathroom when you closed the door it would not open from the inside, when it was opened from the outside it fell off its hinges. This is a health hazard, do not stay in these bungalows they are a threat to your life. "

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

This accommodation is perfect for a coup...

Good

"This accommodation is perfect for a couple of lads/ladies or a group of friends going on holiday. I would not recommend it for family holidays (With Kids) as most of the bungalows are fairly small and will require someone to sleep on the floor rather than in a 'proper' bed.

Other than space the bungalows are actually pretty nice. They are small, as previously stated, but they are clean, contain hot ring's and also a microwave. The bathrooms are small but a fairly large shower is crammed into that space along with the usual bathroom appliances.

If in a one bedroom apartment you will have two single beds pushed together - beware falling through the gap as the beds/mattress both move fairly easy. Comfort wise they are not the best and the pillow that is provided is totally inadequate for comfortable sleeping. I would recommend, space providing, that you bring your own pillow or buy a good one over there.

As seems to have been mentioned before, there are lots of cockroaches and ants to be seen. On the first night I was in the bungalow and I encountered three alone while friends were finding in the double figures. After a few days of bug spray/powder treatment the numbers went down and I think I only saw 1 in the last week. Admittedly it was on my headboard crawling down to see me which was fairly unpleasant.

Amenity wise the bungalows are excellent. Out the front gate and turn left-left brings you straight to the Jumbo centre with an excellent arrangement of shops and bars. Its gay centric at night so if that isn't your sort of thing then give it a miss at that time. Although none of the group I travelled with are gay we took a trip down one night to see the Cabaret at Ricky's Cabaret Bar and although I hated it everyone else had a good time.

If you go out the front door and turn right-right you will easily find the Kasbah - The Ministry of Sound is located here and has to be easily one of the better night-clubs around. Despite it not being my cup of tea I still was able to enjoy a few drinks there on a number of occasions. There are also a number of other decent bars/Cocktail bars/Clubs in the area. They are all located right beside each other so give them a try.

The Irish Centre was where I spent a lot of my time. You don't have to be Irish to use it but expect a lot of Ireland/Celtic/GAA stuff. To get there simply turn right from the front gate and continue until you see a Sports bar on the corner at the end of the road (on the other side of the road) cross the zebra crossing and walk past the bar with it being on your left hand side and just keep walking until you arrive at Mulligans Bar. Across the road from Mulligans you cannot miss the Irish Centre with its multitude of signs advertising each bar. Across the road from the Irish Centre you will then find Scruffy Murphy's a good place to watch all Irish/Celtic related sport. The Irish Centre itself isn't all that Irish at night playing mostly the same dance music as at the Kasbah. There is one bar though that makes a distinction and you won't find it hard to get there.

As for eating out - I would recommend staying local to the bungalows. Across the road and close to the supermarket are a number of fine eateries. Mackers serves traditional Irish Breakfast while the Chinese and Indian restaurants offer fine dining at excellent prices.

All in all the Bungalows are very very well placed and pretty cheap too. Just don't go there if you are petrified of cockroaches."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

This is pretty basic, but for the pri...

Good

" This is pretty basic, but for the price you can't complain. Me, my wife and daughter had a cracking time. Accommodation was very clean. Regular cleaning service was excellent. The pool and grounds were cleaned every day. We came out of our door and the pool was right in front of us at the end of the path so we could just dive in. We had our own garden with loads of room to lie where we wanted. The beach was just down the road taking us about 20 minutes to walk. Night life was just up the road taking us about 20 minutes also. A nice restaurant is just outside the entrance if you don't want to go too far or cook for yourself.
The bad points were the cats on your door every morning begging and the ants outside all over the ground.

The annoying points were the paving blocks! They were covered in bumps or ripples and any one that came or left the complex dragging there cases on there wheels would make a heck of a row and it would wake you up at all hours of the night.

But overall, I would recommend the Santa Fe to anyone that wants to get away to a nice country but don't want to pay an arm and a leg and is willing to live basic and make the most of it. Being honest, you’re hardly ever in the place anyway. So much fun to be had out and about. I'm going back there again anyway. Why pay double or even treble just for somewhere to sleep? That's what the other hotels charge!"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

I visited the Santa Fe bungalows a few y...

"I visited the Santa Fe bungalows a few years ago now(2001), and yes it could have changed dramatically since I visited but here’s my 2p!

I had booked a last minute "Square Deal type" 2 week stay for myself on my own.

This was my first trip away on my own and also my first to Gran Canaria.

I was given a map to follow at reception and even though I was a fair way into the complex, I didn’t find it hard to read or find my bungalow.

First impressions was that although and tidy, was quite basic. The standard over-varnished Spanish wood you always see - slightly dated but serviceable. A really big fridge (soon filled with water and pop! and a dark bedroom.

However there were shutters over the windows in the bedroom which stopped most of the light, but you do have to close them of a night as the windows are virtually on the walkways!

Lots of storage in the bedroom too.

Bathroom admittedly had seen better days, but it did work fine, although wouldn’t have stood a chance of hot water if I was second in line in a couple. And the one and only cockroach I saw in my apartment greeted me as soon as I walked in, however it was dead in the loo...and after many Tenerife holidays, cockies don’t phase me anyway.

Nice and spacious sun terrace which could happily contain 2 or 3 sun loungers.

There would be no problems with wheelchair access either as the whole complex was flat with only a small step into the bungalow, which a wheelchair could easily manhandle.

One thing that did occur to comment on, and again this was a few years ago so could have been sorted since, was the volumes of feral moggies within the complex.

There were quite easily 40 or so at various ages, and sadly a lot were ill, especially the kittens, so I wouldn’t have let any child get to close to them.

The complex pool looked very nice, but oddly was pretty much always empty. Having used the beach for most of my holiday, I never used it so couldn’t comment of coldness.

The apartments are in the heart of all the various bar complexes, but not near enough to be troubled by noise of them.

It is a nice 15 ish minute walk straight down to the gorgeous golden sandy beach of Playa del Ingles.

Lots of eateries and shops within easy and flat reach also.

I went on the camel trip, a boat trip and the water park during my stay and thought all were good value for money.

Hope this has been of some help.

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

Hotels near Santa Fe Bungalows

Stayed at Santa Fe Bungalows? Share your insight.

Santa Fe Bungalows is also called