LABRANDA Marieta

Avenida de Italia 11, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Good

perfect week's holiday

"We are retired couple (early 60's) just returned from a week in Marieta. After reading some reviews was bit concerned about here. Needn't have worried. Apartment on 4th floor looking over road. Wasn't a problem, traffic noise didn't keep us awake. Bedroom spacious with good cupboard space as was living room. Cleaned and towels changed daily (except for 1 day). Hairdryer. Kitchen small but adequate for making tea/coffee.Teapot, kettle, toaster, microwave. Half board excellent value - good variety of continental and cooked breakfast, plenty to choose from for evening meal (cold and hot)and great choice of desserts. Pleasant staff throughout. Excellent location - promenade for miles just behind hotel. We followed advice from another reviewer and took a bus to Port Mogan. Journey breathtaking (sit on left hand side of bus going) and Mogan itself out of this world. We are not into gaudy show times etc. Found an Irish pub Mulligans (look for hotel with name Green Field). pub just below it. couple of Irish guys with guitars playing to suit most tastes. Would use this Hotel, location etc. again."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2011

Cheap and cheerful

"No frills, just good access to the beach and pretty basic food (very much catering to the mainly German clientele though). No aircon, so it must be stonkingly hot in summer, but quite OK in January which is when we were there.

Note that if you want to go on a boat trip to see the dolphins etc, I would advise using one of the companies booked through the hotel. There is a booth on the street near the hotel organising trips in the Sagittarius Star, and you cannot pass it without being accosted by an energetic salesman. Don't go: the trip was overpriced and a rip-off. Everything was cancelled because it was 'too rough', and nobody offered any of our 96 Euros back (for two). "

• Travel date: Mon 11th of January 2010

brill

"hi stayed here for a week, the staff were very helpful,polite and went out of there way to help,very professional.
The room was clean,the pool was great and i a good area.
Would return."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2009

Arrived at the hotel midnight. The rece...

"Arrived at the hotel midnight. The reception was open 24 hours. The reception staff were very helpfull and always said hello on the passing.

Got to our room it was number 223 on the second floor. The room was spotless clean. I am a clean aholic and could not fault it. It had a large living / kitchen space with a view overlooking the sea. The balcony was a sun trap to. The rooms are non smoking. I am a smoker myself but didnt mind this as you could smoke on the balcony. The bedroom is also spacious with plenty of cupboard space. Bathroom again spotless with a good shower and plenty of hot water. The kitchen was slightly small but this didnt bother us as we ate out most of the time anyway. Thwew is a ceiling fan in the living room and the bedroom.

Entertainment was ok but we were not their at peak season so it will be better during the somer months.

Pool area is a great sun trap and a good size pull with loads of loungers

Maids came in everyother day with clean towels and thorougly cleaned the room.

There were a few Germans at the hotel and older people but this must have been due to the date that we went. This did not bother us though.

Overall a great place to stay and I would go back.

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

I just hate giving a ten but, in all hon...

"I just hate giving a ten but, in all honesty, it was hard to fault this apart hotel.

Service was good throughout and staff and Thomson rep amongst the best I have encountered after working for over twenty years in the travel trade.

I even did my old job of bouncing on the bed to inspect ceiling fan and light for dust but there was none.

Some of the rooms are a little tired but are of a decent size. Two rings and a toaster meet most culinary needs and being all electric can be comforting to those afraid of gas abroad. The only fault here is the lack of a drying area for plates etc.

Bedroom had its own ceiling fan and twin beds, freshly made up more than twice a week. Bathroom (bath, shower, bidet and sink/make up mirror was of a decent size as was the balcony with table 4 chairs and drying rack.

Overall a great job by Thomson and the Marieta staff. I am back to the island next month and hope the next accommodation will be as good."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

I and my boyfriend booked a winter price...

"I and my boyfriend booked a winter price breaker which was an allocation on arrival with Thomsons; we were guaranteed to be placed in one of three with the Marieta being the least star rating.

We didn’t know what to expect but when we arrived we were really happy with the hotel and its fantastic location.

The hotel rooms were basic but clean with towels/ maid service 3times a week. Apartments were spacious too!!

The location was ideal for us as it is set close to the beach (about a 5min walk) and about 5min walk to the nearest commercial centre (where all the shops, bars and restaurants are).

The Irish centre were the closest to us but some was shut down (maybe because it was out of season) but the Kasbah is the main place if you want young and lively.

There are a few bars with good English music - but we found these bars tend to cater for the Scandinavians and Germans!!

If you want a good English night try 'the garage' where they play great funky house music and then 'china white' - with great RnB! If you buy a drink in 'china white' (which is reasonably priced) you get a stamp to get into cream for free so it’s worth it!

Cream opens at 4in the morning so you can spend the rest of the night/morning there!!

There is a roof terrace which we didn’t find out about until the 3rd day, which has amazing views of the sea front and the Maspalomas dunes - you get a fantastic tan up there too!!

Pool was great, loads of sun beds what ever time you went down - don’t know if this was because it was in Feb. or not though? But apparently the hotel was full - we hardly saw anyone about!! Hotel staff were really friendly too!!

I would definitely recommend the Valentin Marieta Apartments - great location n great hotel all round!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

Hotels near LABRANDA Marieta

Stayed at LABRANDA Marieta? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for LABRANDA Marieta

• shagga36 by shagga36

"there is something for everyone "

• Sunworshipper by Sunworshipper

"Take one of the bus tours up east coast and back through centre (the rum tasting one) "

LABRANDA Marieta is also called