Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I booked this hotel as a late deal and after I had booked it I looked at some of the reviews................. I was terrified at what I might have booked! I can honestly say it was a fantastic hotel! Everywhere was clean and bright, rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The restaurant was big and had a lovely buffet, I can honestly say I didn't eat the same meal twice! As for the pools, they were great too, never too overcrowed and always managed to get a sunbed. There were many Germans but all very friendly. I would recommend the british pub located inside for any men that prefer english beer and owners were friendly too! Would definately go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

What can I say about this hotel perfect...

Reviewed Tue 16th of January 2007

"What can I say about this hotel perfect rooms, lovely pools, excellent food all cooked to perfection all staff happy and willing to give advice and help if needed we will be going back in March and again in august, this hotel should be a four star & we do recommend you give this hotel a try.

P.s. The weather was great 25."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of January 2007

what a great hotel, pure quality!!! id go bak tomaro, infact july to be exact!!!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"hey!! what can i say!!! if you stay in this hotel, you will totally fall in love with it, just like we did! I went there with my partner for my summer holidays in july 2006!! not knowing what to expect, we arrived into a truely sumptuous reception to be greeted by a quite pleasant receptionist, she was quite polite althought a tad stressed at the time, in the space of 10 minutes we had our room cards and were in hotel room. our room wasnt situated in the best position(ground floor) we didnt like this as there was trees directly opposite as we looked out of the balcony, in which case it was constantly in the shade!!!!

when we got our luggage unpacked, we decided to take a stroll around the hotel, to see what sorta resort it was! and we were not disapointed, it was totally spottless and there was always plenty of staff around cleaning and availiable for any residents questions!! The pool area was simply perfect and may i add huge!! there was the large communual area, along with 2 huge jacuzzi's and a chillout pool(kids pool) there was always plent of sunbeds, although you had to be up early before the germans nabbed them all! The entertainment in the hotel was mainly catering for the germans althought the nightclub in the hotel was top class!!! and i must mention the drifters night!! it was bloody class, i was pleasantly surprised!!!

Havent much to say about the food, was just ok!!! a tad boring going to the dining room each night to the same old thing and the bar staff where not the most pleasant at all. But when you just want something to fill a hole, the food was grand!! try and eat out a few nights as it helped to make it less tasteless! there are several great mexican restraunts in the resort (tex mex- under the the koko apartments) was simply amazing and the frozen sangria was strong and nasty!!lol There are some good steak houses, but stay away from the chinese food, it really aint the best! and by the way the hotel is great for breakfast, so thats a must when you have a stinking hangover!!

the hotels down side is that it can be quite expensive to hire different facilities e.g: it was 70 euro to hire a fridge and 30 euro to hire the safe, although the fridge was a must have and very glad we got it, dont just do without it, just take extra money with you for the extras, its all worth it.

As for the resort itself, just go!!! you will love it!!!! its stunning in the day time and its party party party time at night( the irish court kareoke bar) in the the irish centre was great craic and the clubs were brill too!!! if your gay go to the yumbo centre, there is around 50 gay bars, full of friendly bar staff!! a must for all the gays in the villiage!! lol. We loved the holiday so much we are going back to do it all over again, in the very same hotel as last year!!!! it was superb, would not have changed a thing about it apart from where the room was situated!

but hey!!! dont just take my word for it, get the holiday booked, although the hotel is extremly popular, so i would advise you to get it booked sooner than later!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Very good place

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Just came back from Buena Ventura with a very good impression.
After reading some of the reviews (above) we were very disappointed and prepared for something dreadful.
We arrived with a baby and requested a quiet room and such room was provided. The hotel has two buildings and I guess the building which is next to the tennis court is usually reserved for folks with children. The room was spacious and very clean. I must admit that this was no comparison to what you get in the 3-star hotel in Spain (Costa Brava). The restaurant only offered half board but with a quiet good variety of food.

As someone mentioned the German/English ratio was too big, this disproportionate ratio is almost everywhere in Playa de Ingles."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of January 2007

I really hope the person reading this is German!!

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Myself and a friend arrived at this hotel in the early hours of the morning in November 06-on arrival the staff were generally helpful if not a little bored looking. The room was clean and tidy with clean towels in the bathroom-if only for the first day!! during the week the maids got increasingly slack-to the point where we had blatant crumbs on the floor of our apartment for 5 whole days which wasnt so fantastic. Despite being on the seventh floor we also had a cockroach in our room on the second day which was the smacked to death by a maid who then left beetle juice on the floor next to our bed for the whole next day. Nice. I was not impressed with the food at all-I havent got a clue what vegetarians are supposed to eat whilst staying at the hotel-It was like the celebrity jungle as I lived on a plate of rice for dinner every day. fab array of meat dishes but samey salad bar for the vegetarians. hmmmm yum. The entertainment around the pool was fantastic though-the animacion team tried really hard to make it fun and interesting for both kids and adults alike and some of the games were hysterical!! The location of the hotel was also fab-the bars and clubs were only a couple of streets away just far enough for a drunken stroll!! One other downside was lack of english people- the ratio germans:english was roughly 15:1 and they tried their very hardest to make our stay as unpleasant as possible. One german couple even tried to take our sunbeds whilst we were leaning on them!!!!!!All in all I was glad to leave the hotel and probably wont be going back."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of December 2006

Lovely place would definately go again!!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Having just returned from a week at this hotel, i have got to say i have had a lovely time!! i was slighly concerned reading some of the reviews before our departure and was unsure of what to expect!!!
when me and my boyfrind arrived at the hotel, staff were friendly helpful and and made you feel very welcome. the interior of the hotel was clean and very modern looking along with the rooms.
We were located on the sixth floor with a beautiful sea view, bewarned the bar over the road is open until 3am and can keep you awake at times, but after a couple of nights you get use to it!!!
the food at breakfast and dinner was in a non stop supply and the temptation to try everything is always there!! (mare sure you feed the wild cats).
the swimming pools are superb providing both a quiet area and a slighlty noisier area where entertainment and activities take place. The hotel reps were very helpful and very entertaining and try extremely hard to entertain all nationalities.
This hotel is one i shall hopefully return to in the future as the time spent there was most enjoyable!!!
Ratio: english 10% - germans 90%, if you are wanting a sunbed by the pool make sure you get up about 6am otherwise you have no chance, the germans are always in first!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

A large hotel with three pools one of w...

Reviewed Fri 13th of October 2006

"A large hotel with three pools one of which had a spa pool two main and a quiet family pool, plenty of facilities 3 bars and an on site night club and tennis courts, on site gym.

The food was great with plenty of choice with an outside dining area, the cutlery was polished the cup of tea I had was good not like you normally expect.

There was a decent hair dryer in the room also a good shower with plenty of warm water, not like the usual dribble that you get.

Absolutely fantastic I would go back again and I have never said that about a hotel before 10/10."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of October 2006

glad to be home!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"just got back from this hotel after a tiresome week, the noise seemed to be 24hours a day with dire entertainment which was always aimed at rave loving germans.
we are very open minded couple but we found the constant gay and lesbian anticts openly on show was quite offputting
food was repetative and boring ,staff rude and unhelpfull.
as you can quess we wont be going back and recomending the hotel to friends or enemys
ps need another holiday"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

Totally Fab.....

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"From reading some of the reviews when the holiday had been booked we were a little concerned about what we had let ourselves in for...then checked again a couple of days before we left and were relieved as they seemed much better.
When we got there we were very pleasantly surprised. We had a triple room for 3 of us and there was plenty of room. The accomodation was plenty big enough, very clean (the cleaners came daily) and the shower was good (not like a dripping tap like I have experienced before). The only downside of the room was we had a couple of cockroaches, which unfortunately cannot be helped due to the heat. Even with then as soon as we told reception they sent someone to come and dispose of them for us.
The food was great, yes it was a buffet and a little samey, but what can you expect when they are catering for so many, and there was enough choice to have something different each day and you could have as much or little as you liked.
The beach was a few minutes walk away as was the nightlife, but nothing was heard from the room. The staff were helpful and friendly. All in all we had a lovely time and all said we would recomend it to friends and family."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Unexpected suprise

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I must admit, that after reading these earlier reviews, we were unsure as to whether we had made the right decision booking this hotel at the last minute. We had been to Gran Canaria before but were used to 4 or 5 star hotels, and I must admit that our expectations were exceeded upon our arrival. Lovely well lit pool, with floating flower shaped candles at night, secluded pool bar for cosy chats, and anotherpoolside bar for the livlier guests. Rooms were very clean, larger than we expected, well lit and maid service daily. The food was excellent, buffet style, but great selection which changed every day. From breakfast to dinner, the food was faultless. The only downside was that we had to queue for drinks prior to queing for food, but despite it being peak period, we never queued for long and always found a free table straight away.
I agree with the comments about the entertainment there, it was a little dire, unprofessional DJ, who played what seemed like his own choices of Hard House mixed with old disco classics, the best night of cabaret was when the New Drifters performed, they were great! Plus there was plenty of Kids entertainment too.
So, all in all, a great holiday, better than we had expected, excellent service from the staff,drinks a little pricey (apart from happy hour), naff entertainment (but you can always go to the Yumbo Centre for that), excellent pool area, tennis courts well looked after. In my opinion, as a regular holidayer, I would give this a well earned 8/10. I cant think of anything that would not make me recommend this to anyone. I would certainly go back there."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of September 2006

Well what can I say? What a brilliantly...

Reviewed Wed 6th of September 2006

"Well what can I say? What a brilliantly run hotel, went on holiday with my partner and my daughter who is 6 years old and 2 friends and must admit the hotel was fantastic and the staff were very helpful.

Nightlife is great and the entertainment staff at the hotel were amazing they really do try to account for everyone’s taste.

Been to Playa de Ingles before and enjoyed it but this time we really, really enjoyed it. Rooms were maintained and cleaned, pool area was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel anytime.

Keep up the good work."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

As we arrived at night the hotel didn't...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of September 2006

"As we arrived at night the hotel didn't look much from the outside however once we entered the lobby we realised how lovely it really is. In a great location-5 mins from both the Kasbah and the Irish centre and also 15 mins from the beach- I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Our room was a great size, spotlessly clean with a lovely balcony. Food was good but a bit boring and uninspired after a while so we took advantage of the local restaurants (El Gaucho in the Kasbah has amazing steaks!) Entertainment was fine although it caters mostly for Germans so we tended to venture out of the hotel. A particularly good place is the Cafe LaBelle in the Jumbo centre.

Although its mostly gay bars this bar is totally mixed and the drag queen entertainment is fab. Definitely worth checking out. Lovely hotel, good food, cheap drinks and good weather-all in all a great holiday! Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006