We've just come back from a week at Buen...

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2007

"We've just come back from a week at Buenaventura Hotel, in the party of us there was me (30) my mum in her 50s and 2 children ages 15 months and 7 years. The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were spacious and once again were very clean and tidy. They have a mini club twice a day for children over 4 which is good, it wasn't busy when we went so my daughter managed to do a lot! They also have a mini disco every night which they both participated in.

The food is absolutely delicious, lots of food and a good variety every evening. You have a choice of meats and fish, rice, veg, chips, pasta etc. Several swimming pools are there including 2 spas and a kiddies pool. Lots of facilities there as well, such as beauty salon, gym, thai massage etc. Lovely hotel 20 minute drive from the airport, 5 minute drive to the beach and nearby to the shops, bars and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of November 2007

Just got back from a week's stay at the...

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2007

"Just got back from a week's stay at the Buenaventura and I was a little worried after reading some of the earlier reviews, but we had a brilliant holiday.

The room was the largest I have ever stayed in; there was two single beds and a sofa that went into a double bed. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was large with a powerful shower in it and fresh towels every day. We only had one flat pillow each and I asked at reception for extra pillows before we went out for the evening not expecting us to get them until the following morning but they were in our room that evening!

I admit it was a bit manic at meal times with lots of people toing and froing to the different areas for food but I have no complaints at all as regards the food. There was plenty to choose from every night and we had sirloin steak, chicken, pork all sorts and it was lovely.

The people trying to sell you jewellery and sunglasses etc near the beach bars were a pain and also when you looked in a shop they would come out and try to get you to buy something, but that was the only problem really.

I wouldn't hesitate in booking to go back to the Buenaventura in the future. "

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

We stayed at the Buenaventura Hotel in P...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2007

"We stayed at the Buenaventura Hotel in Playa del Ingles from the 22nd-29th October 2007, through On The Beach Holidays.

The outbound flight was with Thomas Cook and the return with Jet2. The accommodation was superb, and we feel that the hotel easily matches and surpasses it's 3 star rating.

The rooms were spotless and modern and were well cleaned daily. The staff were so very helpful, right from the receptionist staff to the entertainers. In addition, the nightly entertainment was amazing and throughout the day and night my husband and my teenage kids (boy, 15, girl, 13) were kept very interested. My son was kept interested with the football, ping-pong, and water activities, while my daughter was happy enough to catch a bit of the October sun.

Other facilities in the hotel include cafes with internet access, games rooms and little souvenir shops. In addition there was live football shown in one of the bars which helped keep my son up to date with how Manchester United were doing! The food was exceptional and we ate at the hotel every night bar the first night, only because we didn't arrive until about 23:00.

There really was no reason why we would want to eat out. The food catered for all nationalities of people whether you are British, German or Spanish you will have a huge selection. Still the staff at the restaurant 5 mins walk down the road were really friendly and made us (the tourists) very welcome. The hotel is very much geared around families and it is true that when you go to the Buenaventura, you really can be as active as you want.

There are separate pools, all with their own sunbeds, stalls, and entertainers. There was easy access around the hotel, with lifts to each floor. If you prefer to get away from the hotel, you can. We spent a few hours shopping and the majority of a day at Aqualand.

Finally, all of the other guests staying in the hotel were very friendly, which made the holiday even more enjoyable.

At the end of the holiday, we decided we will come back again next year, for two weeks rather than one. This is because we found the holiday so enjoyable."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2007

Had a great holiday here, went with my b...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of September 2007

"Had a great holiday here, went with my boyfriend both our first times in Gran Canaria. Hotel was nice, very clean and is massive. Rooms are not air conditioned which made it quite uncomfortable to sleep at night and as the hotel is noisy and so is the resort it was too loud to have the balcony doors open! Food was ok, could have been better but was not so bad. Staff couldn't really understand english and the cleaners don't knock either they just walk in! But I would go back to this hotel! "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

We have just spent 2 weeks in the hotel...

Reviewed Tue 18th of September 2007

"We have just spent 2 weeks in the hotel Buenaventura and had a fantastic time. The food was good.

The entertainment team were fantastic, they went out of their way to make sure we had a great time and made a fuss of us, we would like to thank them for this.

The rooms were large and clean. The only fault on this holiday was no air-conditioning in the room, but that didn’t bother us, so a big thank you to all the staff for a great holiday.

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

I cannot understand anyone not liking th...

Reviewed Thu 13th of September 2007

"I cannot understand anyone not liking this hotel. A group of us went in the half term holiday at the end of May, the temperature was in the 30's. Not one of us needed air conditioning as some evenings it was quite chilly and needed a jumper. I've been to America and that's when you need air conditioning. Every night the outside entertainment finished at 12 and continued in the disco which is underneath the building (never heard it once). The food was varied every night and yes it is advised to get your table first and then your food. The rooms are clean and clean towels every day. I cannot wait until we go back again."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of September 2007

This hotel is very clean and nice the st...

Reviewed Tue 11th of September 2007

"This hotel is very clean and nice the staff are great, I have just come back on 10/9/07. There is a great choice of food but make sure it is cooked properly i.e. meats. I ended up with a bad tummy, but that aside the food is great.

The pools are great also there are 2-3 pools, one pool is called the noisy pool as there is music playing most of the day. Then you have the other pool without music which is great just the same.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable the maid comes round every day to clean they are very friendly.

My only dislike is when you go out on a night time to the Kasbah you will get offered all sorts from drugs to other things, so please be careful when you go there. Another point, music can be heard up till 12am or later if you don’t mind that then that’s up to you. Go out in groups if can.

Drinks can be slightly dear but if you don’t mind that then you will have a nice holiday. Another point, do not drink the water you will end up with a bad tummy and don’t get ice in your drinks it’s made of the same water.

One place I did find was the Britannia restaurant it serves great food at good prices and it's English, had a nice Sunday lunch here you can have ice at this place as all right as its made from bottled water.

I would go here again if the food was slightly better so I am given the hotel 8 out of 10.

P.s. The weather can get very hot so drink plenty of water and wear a high or very high sun block as I ended up with first degree burns.

Hope this info has been helpful have nice holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

Very nice hotel, clean, food very good,...

Reviewed Sun 15th of July 2007

"Very nice hotel, clean, food very good, nice welcome, staff ok. It was my birthday while there and we went out in the morning came back to find a bottle of champagne on ice - very nice. The only problem was getting phone calls in the early hours of the morning from German people, there is a lot there. A lot of noise from night club under the hotel. Entertainment good.

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

My boyfriend and I had never been to Gra...

Reviewed Wed 27th of June 2007

"My boyfriend and I had never been to Gran Canaria before so we thought this year we would give it a try.

The place as such isn’t that great but we really enjoyed our stay at the Buenaventura. It is a really lovely hotel and its surroundings are gorgeous.

It’s very clean and the rooms are very spacious but the only bad points are the rooms don’t have air conditioning, the food was average, a buffet with not a great variety on offer and I feel the hotel caters more for German and French rather than British.

Overall though the hotel is ideal for a wee break away to relax and enjoy the sun..."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Although I had a brilliant holiday, this...

Reviewed Wed 27th of June 2007

"Although I had a brilliant holiday, this was nothing to do with the hotel!

I am in my 20s but I found the noise in the hotel unbearable. Music pumping out at all hours, and especially the bloody agadoo at 8 every night!

Had to shut the doors to get any sleep, and then the rooms were boiling hot.

The food was nice in the hotel, but it was a complete free for all with people running around in all directions, in the end we went out for food rather than cause undue stress.

Plus point was a lovely free massage at the pool area one day!!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, but I do not think I would return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Very lively - not at all to my liking, l...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of May 2007

"Very lively - not at all to my liking, lots of rowdy teenagers and young adults.

Although the quiet pool was nice - we were disturbed in the early hours of each night by people returning from the nearby entertainment!

Somewhere more quiet for me please. The hotel in itself was nice, clean with friendly staff and nice food with good variety."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

After reading all the bad reviews on thi...

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2007

"After reading all the bad reviews on this hotel I wasn't very keen on holidaying here.
I am a teenager and was very put off by them.

When we first got there the staff were very helpful and this was already a good start to the holiday.

That night the animation team put on a great show which interested people of all ages and there were also 3 girls singing who were very impressive.

The following day we went swimming. The pools were both nice but a little cold. This didn't matter though because it was hot enough for it.

One pool had music playing, 2 table tennis tables, shuffleboard and 2 bars. The other didn't have music playing, 1 table tennis table and 1 bar. Meaning that overall the hotel had 5 bars and the main restaurant.

Meal times we were worried about because the reviews said there wasn't anything for vegetarians but they were wrong. Every night there was something different too.

However, there were also loads and loads of restaurants in the area with different varieties.

The hotel also had a boutique, 3 tennis courts, volleyball court, another shop and an internet cafe.

The animation team tried really hard to keep everyone interested and it worked. There were competitions in volleyball, shuffleboard and water polo for all ages with winners getting certificates at the end and every night there was a show and live music before and after it.

The shows consisted of snake shows, Bee Gees, shows with people of the hotel going up and performing tasks and many more.

The surrounding area had many mini golf's and shopping centres and the beach wasn't far from the hotel either.

The rooms were good too and had a music system in which was original.

Reviewers spoke about the Germans in the hotel, yes, there were many Germans there but they didn't bother us at all. They didn't take our sun beds either like reviewers said.

Also, because of the many languages spoken in the hotel, the animation team were very good at saying what was happening each day in Italian, French, English, Spanish, German and Flemish making everyone feel involved.

Everything in the hotel was spotless and the maid service was good. They changed our towels every day, unlike some hotels, and worked on the Sunday even though it was the Easter weekend.

Speaking of Easter, the hotel was also decorated giving it a nice feel.

Overall, I was extremely sad to go home and really want to return as soon as possible!!!

Likes: Everything

Dislikes: Nothing

Tips/Secrets: At meal times, look for a table with a green card on and turn it over to the red side to show that your table is in use otherwise you will return from getting your food and your table will have been taken by someone else."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007