I have stayed in the Green Field apartme...

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2008

"I have stayed in the Green Field apartments 3 times and every time the rooms were clean, the staff friendly, the pool area fab.The breakfast is standard - no complaints! There is house keeping 5 times a week with clean towels and bed linen .

It is right across the road from the Irish centre where there are loads of good bars. It is only 10 minutes walk to the beach and only 5 to the Kasba.

The Green Fields is only EUR5 in a taxi to the water park. I have recommended the Green Fiels to all my friends and will defo be staying there every time I visit the canaries."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of January 2008

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Booked our trip as a budget holiday package. Stayed at Green Field ApartHotel and were pleasantly suprised with the quality of these budget accommodations. We requested a balcony near pool through our travel booking and were given one overlooking the pool. This is on the back side of the hotel closer to the freeway, but it's much quieter than the rooms with balconies on the front of the hotel, which overlook the Irish pub area. Very noisy. Clean rooms, big shower with hot water, rooms cleaned every day except Tues and Thurs (maid's days off). The beds weren't too bad, but we did have ask for more pillows because those two in the room were flat. Extra pillows were provided. Very clean pool area and the hotel was always clean. Loved the massage chairs and internet access in the lobby (2 euro for 5-6 minute massage and coins for internet access). Poor front desk service, especially in the morning. Couldn't answer any questions about directions, restaurant locations, etc. - but this isn't a hotel, so I guess concierge-like helpfulness should not be expected. (We found the night staff much more helpful than the day staff at the front desk.) We are so glad we only purchased bed and breakfast - not full board. The buffet breakfast was perfectly fine (you cannot mess up toast, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice), but I would not want to eat cafeteria food every day in the basement of an apartment hotel for 7 days. (They served traditional Irish breakfast, but we did not eat th eggs, rashers, beans, etc.) Pool is shaded in the mornings, and in winter, we found it was sunnier (i.e. warmer) often at the coast just a few blocks away. This hotel is only three blocks from the east end of the Paseo Costa Canaria promenade. Gorgeous way to pass the time, walking along the promenade. Kashbah Center and Parque Tropical bus station is only five minutes walk too."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of December 2007

Great location. 5 minutes walk to Kasbah...

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2007

"Great location. 5 minutes walk to Kasbah Centre. 12 minutes walk to Yumbo Centre or four min's by cab. (Three Euro, including tip, to most everywhere in the resort. Yumbo Centre, Riu Palace for the famous sand dunes and gay beach. Cab rank outside hotel, so no waiting.)

Hotel clean and well maintained. Staff friendly and helpful. Maid service almost every day.

Dining Room downstairs could be brighter and more inviting. Breakfasts offer a wide and tasty choice. Wide choice also for dinner, although evening meals not world class. Acceptable though.

The central location means the hotel can be a little noisy at times; the Irish Centre is right across the street. (Enough said?)

Very big swimming pool in large sun terrace.

Hotel bar comfortable, with big screens showing sports channels, was busy but not too loud or raucous for families. Internet access and cable TV for local charge. Launderette next door.

Would certainly return."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

Just got back from a week’s holiday he...

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2007

"Just got back from a week’s holiday here. We have gone all inclusive before so knew what to expect, but have never had a winter holiday before.

The food was ok, a varied choice of menu was available in the evening, maybe because it was winter season, lunch was relegated to snacks i.e. toasted sandwiches, burgers and chips which is ok once or twice but didn`t fancy it every day, so made other arrangements for lunch.

But apart from that had no complaints whatsoever about the hotel, it was extremely clean and comfortable and the staff were very pleasant and very helpful.

Would stay here again but maybe in the summer."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of December 2007

Will try to be fair. Pool, pool side ba...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2007

"Will try to be fair.

Pool, pool side bar and outside:
Generally clean and well maintained. Pool is not heated (as it says it is on the web site) and therefore too cold to use in November. Poolside bar staff reluctant to serve all inclusive guests at times. Pool situated next to busy highway (quite noisy).

Food:
Some variation. Sausages, bacon, egg and beans, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, salad and bread. Most nights were reasonable with a few dishes for most tastes. Food temperature was not always good. Do not cater for children. Very limited all inclusive menu at the poolside bar (cheese burger, hotdog or cheese toastie).

Rooms:
Only saw 2 dead cockroaches. Recently refurbished to reasonable standard. Cleaned regularly, and on request. Sheets and towels changed 3 times in 1 week. Housekeepers friendly and helpful when my daughter was sick. Have to pay for extra english TV channels and deposit on a remote control. Some noise at night from other guests (thin walls).

Entertainment:
Only entertainment was an act in the bar most nights of the week including - a drag queen (or she looked like one), a man with Snakes and karaoke. Nothing for children.

Area:
Irish area. Pretty central. Short walks to shopping centres, 15 min walk to beach which is below a cliff. Accessible via steps or lift and ramp, difficult to access with pushchair.

I would not recommend this to anyone with young children. Ok as a self-catering hotel. Avoid if you like swimming as pool is freezing.

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of December 2007

Much better than expected!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Having read some bad reviews on this place I was a little hesitant to book it but chose it as it was so central. We got such a nice surprise. We were given a studio which was small but perfect for what we needed-might be cramped for three. The rooms were very clean and cleaned regularly throughout the week with fresh towels provided each time. The pool was great and as it was a quiet time there was plenty of chairs available. The pool-side bar was great, as was the pool-side masseuse!!!.
Our room faced the pool which was great for blocking the noise from the bars but that wouldn't have bothered us much anyway. We were quite surprised by the number of +50 people staying there but they were still good fun. The only let-down was the breakfast but you could still eat well on the breads and cheeses. Overall I would receommend this place to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of October 2007

Myself and my mother booked a last minut...

Reviewed Thu 6th of September 2007

"Myself and my mother booked a last minute to Playa Del Ingles Christmas week 2006. These apartments were fab, we were located on the ground floor which was ideal. My mother had the breakfast in the restaurant every morning and went for seconds it was so nice.

Lovely pool area where you do not get charged for the sunbeds and wasn't too packed with people. The pool was heated as it was December. You are right in the centre but because it was low season there was little or no noise by night. I can't vouch for summer time though.

All in all great holiday and intend to go back also this December. Norma."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

Greenfield was really clean and right ac...

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2007

"Greenfield was really clean and right across the road from the Irish centre which had all sorts of pubs, market some nights also across the road. Mulligans bar, pizzeria, shop, snack bar, bar etc all on site which was nice. Try a Vesuvio pizza from the pink lady downstairs they are to die for.

Beach approx 10 min away down a lot of steps but this good for burning calories!!! restaurants and bars all good with the Kasbah centre also about a ten min walk away. Spar around the corner!

A lot of Germans in complex but that didn’t bother us!! Pool gorgeous as was reception area. 2 lifts also in complex.

We had a studio apt though and if I was going back I’d stay in an apt if possible.

When we were there the gorgeous Eddie Rockets was next door too which was Real Nice. Spar around the corner which handy for self catering holidaymakers. all in all though the Greenfield is Lovely. Crazy Golf also around corner. Satellite TV in Rooms too so Corrie and East Enders won’t be missed!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Infestation

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"The room I satyed in looked clean when I unpacked my clothes and went for a walk when I came back the place was infested with all know and some unknown Insects, When I reported this to the hotel they didn't believe me and I got no straight answer from the reception until I got onto the tour operator in Dublin and only then did they change the room but it was not much better. Overall this hotel was the worst i've ever stayed in and would never be back. Terrible Rooms, Service and Pool areas very poor for a 3 star hotel or so they claim."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Cockroach Hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We recently stayed in the Green Field Aparthotel. Everything was fine
for the first few days even if the apartments are small and cramped. The problems started when we went down to breakfast and found a dead cockroach on the bacon they were serving to guests. Upon further inspection we found that food in the kitchen was left out in the open
on a table, perfect conditions for other insects and vermin to thrive. We made a complaint to the management but are still awaiting an explanation."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

I would recommend this hotel as it was n...

Reviewed Sat 31st of March 2007

"I would recommend this hotel as it was not really that expensive. The staff are friendly and the room we stayed in was ok. The walls were rather thin and there's some noise that comes through the bathroom window.

I found the breakfast to be greasy and not appealing. Lots of fattening processed food but if you don't mind processed food them i'm sure it will be ok.

The great thing about this hotel is that it is close to the Yambo centre and the beach. We walked everywhere, no need to take a cab unless you lazy :-)

• Travel date: Sat 31st of March 2007

I have stayed at Greenfield now twice a...

Reviewed Tue 13th of February 2007

"I have stayed at Greenfield now twice a year for the past 5 years with my partner and our friends.

The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant. The rooms are always spotless. It is now like a home from home with perfect weather.

The resort is getting less busy which is great for us. Every time we go to Playa del Ingles, we find somewhere new to go or make new friends.

Don't miss the walk along the sand to Maspalomas or the cabaret show at the casino.

We are off again next week for another dose of sun sand and relaxation. Can’t wait."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007