not as descibed

Reviewed Fri 2nd of July 2010

"stayed here for one week at the end of june 2009 and have to say was not wat we expected at all!der was no entertainment during the day wat so ever and at night the entertainment was spanish bingo or spanish shows!the apartments are advertised as young and lively which thay are not as the other people stayin here wer all 60+.staff were very unhelpful and complained about the slightest amount of noise! The irish centre was very quiet while we were there as the recession as affected here greatly overall i would not recommend these apartments to anyone definately not worth the price. "

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

Would not recommend on an all inclusive basis.

Reviewed Fri 12th of November 2010

"My Husband and I have just returned from a week's stay at Green Field and I can say with all honesty, it is the worse all inclusive we have ever stayed at. You were truly treated second class compared to guest's who had paid for B & B or half board. I agree with the reviewer who said that the bar staff were totally ignorant and had to wait a good 20 mins (although I was first inline to be served)as total priority was given by the bar staff to paying customers !! Food was not great (and I like everything usually) and we did eat out on a number of occasions as food wasn't good, which completely defeats the object of all inclusive. On the plus side the rooms were decent enough. I have never wrote a review before as I believe that everybody has different expectations and I feel that my Husband and I are usually really easy pleased, but I would not recommend this hotel on an all inclusive basis "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2010

this was not as bad as reviews had made it out

Good
Reviewed Tue 4th of August 2009

"When we arrived at Greenfield wed were surprised at how quiet playa del ingles was we had been 5 years previously an the place was buzzing - not so this year, really quiet and if you are looking for lively this is nto the place to be - although it is only a short walk to the Kasbah centre which was abit busier but still not what we saw 5 years previous. I was worried about the food when i read the reviews but to be honest breakfast was pretty standard as to what you buy outside egg bacon beans toast or fruit and cereal(continental breakfast). Lunch was ok and dinner was also ok. It was not spectacular but eatable although by the end of the week we ate out because you just want a change of scenary although if you are a fussy eater all inclusive is probably not advisable. If you want somewhere with a taste from home Murphys irish kitchen was the ticket for us. Although this resort was quieter that normal this hotel would still not be a family hotel as people see this as young and lively so it can be a but noisey with people coming home fropm bars and nightclubs etc. This is a honest and not over exagerated review of playa and greenfield. We read reviews that the bar staff were rude if you were all inclusive and did not serve you etc and the bar closed ten minutes before the time due. This was not the case and the bar staff were extremely friendly and we were served within a minute of being at the bar unless there were already a few people being served. Drinks were also available at the pool side bar until the hotel bar opened."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Doesnt fit description in catalogue

Reviewed Tue 7th of July 2009

"Myself and 4 friends were told that thid was a young and lively hotel when in fact we were the only young girls there, the next age group being in their 60's!!
We were told that we hadnt paid for bed and breakfast and found out the last day that we had.
We got treated like a group of school kids and not a group of 18 year olds that had paid for our holiday with people regarding us and our complaints as unimportant and stupid!!
Even though the location is the best in the area regarding night clubs,bars shops and the beach, we felt very uncomfortable on our first few days to stay there until a younger crowd gradually started to arrive and we met other people from surrounding hotels which also were not allowed to set foot in our apartments even though every other hotel had no problem with our visiting theirs"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of July 2009

Fun Holiday

Reviewed Thu 26th of March 2009

"Stayed at Greenfields 3 times with my husband. It's by no means expensive and all staff were v nice and helpfull. I know it's a bit loud at night with the Irish center accross the road and a nightclub next door but a holiday is what YOU make it. Not advised if you're looking for a quite holiday but we taught t'was great fun !!!"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of March 2009

I spent 2 weeks in Green Field with my g...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"I spent 2 weeks in Green Field with my girlfriend.Last week in august and first in september.We were in apartment which was at front of the hotel and had nice see view.But in the front of the hotel, on the other side of the road, there is also an Irish town, with lots of Irish pub and of course lots of drunk Irish teenagers. The pubs are playng wery loud music till 3 AM morning, so we could not sleep all nights.And when the disco finaly finished, the drunk ''kids'' were going back to the hotel, so they were screeming on all the hotel..This hotel is maybe good for Irish teenagers, which wants to be drunk every night, but is very bad for normal people who wants to enjoy their holidays..
The pool is not very clear and there is a highway at rear of the hotel, so you can hear the traffic for all day and night..
The food is typically Irish, so if you expecting some Spanish food, because you are in Spain basically, forget it..
I will never go there again and I'm sorry that I spent so much money for hotel like Green Field.."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

My wife and myself spent a week in this...

Reviewed Tue 8th of July 2008

"My wife and myself spent a week in this hotel and was amazed at what we were supposed to get being fully inclusive and what we actually got. We were told we could have pool side snacks from 11am to 7pm but these had to be paid for, and the majority of the time the pool side bar closed at 5pm. We had to pay €14 for the TV for the week which only had two english channels that were not news orientated, we had to pay a further €14 for the safe in our room which was digital.

The pool bar staff were ignorant, we had to wait to be served until all other paying guests had been seen to and we were ignored until they were ready to serve us, this also happened in the hotel bar up to 11 pm, then we had to pay for our drinks and then as you can guess......we were served more or less straight away.

Lilo's, balls and flotation aids were not allowed in the pool, and the playing of games was frowned upon and subsequently disallowed, the whistle blown and the spanish finger pointed......!! It is a very noisy hotel at the rear with the main highway running just yards away from the pool behind the rear wall, traffic can be heard all day long thundering up and down.

The only evening entertainment was a spaniard with an electronic keyboard who spoke none, or very little understandable English. There was no entertainment for young children, the only highlight was when the hotel clock chimed out it's knoll and someone would murmer....bring out your dead, the lucky-lucky man was more entertaining and we were pleased to see him just to brighten up our very boring evenings.

At the begining of the week the food seemed to be ok but as the week went on we found that what wasn't eaten the day before was mushed up and made into something else for the next day, and to finish the week on we had black edged burgers and chips.

I will give credit where credit is due though.........the room was adequate but to make a cuppa we had to boil a pan of water as there was no kettle in the room. The maids kept the room tidy and the bed linen was changed regularly as were the towels.

This was our first time of going all inclusive and will be our last.......it's a very back to basics hotel which obviously cater for a quick turnaround................but there was some good points.............the sun was very hot and the ice cream was cold lol. If ever i were to return to Gran Canaria i wouldn't stay in this resort, i would head for masspoloma or peurto rico."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2008

had a weeks holiday here was not impress...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of June 2008

"had a weeks holiday here was not impressed with the hotel facilities we was told we could have pool side snacks this was not available and the food was disgusting,also we never had no clean sheets whilst staying at the hotel,this was suppose to be a 18-30 hotel but was full of old people and there was no activities wouldnt reccomend for families and entertainment was just for spanish people no english entertainment at all."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

Greenfields Forever

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Stayed in green field Apartments,for one week.Came home june 12th.Travelled with my 13 year old.

the front desk was excellent,Staff were fluent in english
Excellent standard of customer service.

Apartment was spotless and welcoming.
Beds were single leather frame ,with good clean mattress.
Bed linen fresh.

Supermarket,pub restaurants on site.Even post box at reception.Including 2 message chairs ,which eased my back
from travelling.

Beautiful pool area and excellent gardener on site, who tended the gardens every morning,all plants were in bloom with a gorgeous aroma which was lovely.

Good location.took a trip into porta del morgan,a beautiful town
with quirky little gift shops, a small sandy beach,and an excellent harbour.From which I took a trip on a Submarine.
Great fun and well advised.

Enjoyed my visit immensely."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

Good Budget Accomodation

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Stayed in Green Field Aparthotel on the 17th May 08 for a week with 3 friends. We were given 2 twin rooms which I was pleasantly surprised by. They are a good size with kitchen facilities, including toaster, cooking hobs and a fridge. We were at the side of the hotel on the 1st floor so hadn't any view, but the it was reasonably quiet. Luckily for us the nightclub thats joined to the hotel 20ft from our room wasn't open while I was there but i would imagine it could get very noisy when it gets going.

The hotel was clean and buffet breakfast was very good, wide selection of food including a full english breakfast.

The pool area was a good size and we had no trouble getting sun loungers. Partly due to the fact that 90% of the holiday makers were over 60 and didn't sit out much. There's a main road that runs directly behind the pool area, it's hidden by a wall but there is always a buzz of traffic although it never was that noticable.

I'd highly recommend hiring a car and heading into the mountains, the scenery is magnificient. We got a clio for 40 euro for the day from the hire shop beside the Green Park hotel.

In summary i'd suggest that if you're in playa del ingles just to lie in the sun and go out at night Green Field will meet your needs. But if you prefer a bit of relaxation i'd look elsewhere and avoid playa del ingles altogether."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

Read this...

Good
Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Greenfield from 19th may to 26th. We went all inclusive but seemed to be the only ones apart from one other couple. All other guests were self catering spanish aged 60+!! They were quite rude but we managed to ignore them and the plus side was that they didn't use the pool area during the day so there was no need to wake up early to put the towels out! The pool is huge and lovely to cool down in when the heat is too much. Staff are friendly but do like to serve the paying customers first! If you go self catering you'll get pint sized drinks whereas all inclusive guests get half sized. The hotel room was great and cleaned daily. The location is fantastic and close to everything...beach, shops, pubs and clubs. Food very repetative."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

i stayed here from the 12-19 April, it i...

Reviewed Mon 28th of April 2008

"i stayed here from the 12-19 April, it is just a fantastic place, so clean, staff really kind, also cleaning staff, the pool area is kept so lovely and clean, i can't say enough about this place, i stayed in green park in january of this year, and green field is the only place i would go back to again.. you will enjoy here, and be happy, and it is within walking distance of everywhere, and very wheel chair friendly, i am not in one, but you could not help but notice. if you are thinking of going there, don't think any more.. just go you will be very glad you did.. "

• Travel date: Mon 28th of April 2008