I have stayed in the Carmen three times...

Good
Reviewed Wed 2nd of August 2006

"I have stayed in the Carmen three times in the last few months. The apartments though basic are more than acceptable for the very reasonable price charged. They are very clean and "insect" free. The maid service is very efficient and will come back later in the day if you want that all important lie in! The pool and gardens are nice, quiet, and clean but what seems to be an extension to the Carmen has taken a bit of it. (At time of writing Aug 06 - the big adjacent RIU is in the process of renovations and can generate some additional noise).

Only reservations were the age and condition of the sun-beds (but plenty of them), and it is also very popular with Spanish "weekenders" which made the weekends noisy compared to the rest of the week. This led to a more limited choice of sun-beds. However, check out the terrace on top of the "extension", the three times I have been there, there had no one using it and plenty of sun-beds.

Will definitely use them again though!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I was a bit worried about going to this hotel due to some of the reviews I'd read. I found it to be absoluely fine, it was clean, cheap and cheerful, the rooms were more than ample with good showers and I never saw one cockroach. I would definately recommend to the budget traveller or someone who's not intrested in paying a fortune for accomodation.

Well done Apartmentos Carmen!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

The Carmen Apartments are situated about...

Good
Reviewed Fri 24th of February 2006

"The Carmen Apartments are situated about 5 mins walk from the Yumbo Centre and right next door to the Sandia Centre and a large supermarket. The apartments are standard Spanish basic with the usual "interesting" collection of odd crockery and cutlery, glasses and cooking utensils. The pool is large and freeform with extensive gardens and plenty of loungers and shade if you want it.

There is a pool bar/cafe and also a bar in the reception area. When we were there, the whole complex appeared to be taken over by German pensioners (the Sandia Centre next door is completely German) but they were all on their best behaviour! This might explain why the TV features umpteen German programmes and only two in English (Sky News and CNN).

You don't get a sea view as the building is in mid town but it's only a reasonably short downhill walk to the beach.

The beds are narrow but comfortable and the bathroom we had was fine. Bed linen was clean and changed regularly as were the somewhat elderly towels and the apartment was cleaned daily.

For the price the Carmen represents good value but the exterior of the building is a repulsive shade of dark yellow."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of February 2006

I Can't believe we lasted 2 nights !!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We have just returned from Playa Del Ingles, originally booked into Apartments Carmen for seven nights.

The room given us looked as though it hadn't seen a paint brush for fifty years, very poorly decorated and we did not even have a proper bed, just two single sofas that were bolted onto the wall and not moveable.

The bathroom was equally dirty looking and has a stagnant smell to it.

We asked to be moved and were given a room directly two floors above of the same standard. We eventually wasted a day finding alternative accomodation that was palacial in comparison and only slightly more expensive (Aloe Apartments on Tiryjana avenue).

If you enjoy sharing your holiday with the LARGE cockroaches, then by all means book here, otherwise avoid like the plague (OF COCKROACHES !!)

Marks out of 10 ? - Forget it"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of November 2005