Bungalows Marbella Golf

Avenida Gran Canaria 50 Playa del Ingles, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Good

never again!

"I was there with a friend in march this year. The accomodation was reasonable for a budget break, but the lack of basic kitchen
equipment was poor(come on, having to hire a kettle and toaster!) The pool is very small for the size of the complex and cold.
Also, after arriving on a tranquil saturday,on monday morning we were awakened by the noise of jackhammers and found that the old apartments at the entrance was being redeveloped!
On the monday both our mobile phones were stolen from the bungalow,although the door has a secure locking system and only the maids had access. The management were very unhelpful when I reported it, and refused to report it to the police. I did this myself(with great difficulty, )and was told that theft from here was not an infrequent occurence. All in all I had a poor impression of the complex and would never recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

great apartments apart from the ants

"stayed in these apartmens for 2 weeks in august this is the third time we have stayed there, staff are friendly and helpfull,

the rooms were clean and the maid came in every day sheets only changed once though,

wouldn't recommend going in august as thats when the spanish are on holiday and you can't get near the pool

the rooms are basic but clean and the spar shop is a ten min walk up the hill although it was only 3 euros for a taxi to the kasbah or the faro 2 in maspalomas,

would recommend these apartments for anyone who expects to get what they pay for nothing extra,

going back there in january and can't wait"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Bugs bugs and more bugs

"We arrived at the appartment which was a reasonable size. That evening the place was covered with ants. The reception desk was contacted and we were informed that we could not be moved until the next morning. very long nite with the ants. changed to an other appartment which was not much better and not very clean. WARNING if you do not like bugs avoid this accommidation as the gardens meen they are you flat mates!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

What a Shambles this Place is

"I have just read some of the reviews from this year and I must say I find it hard to believe that people think these apartments are good. They do look quite nice when looking at the travel agents pictures when booking, but I was wrong.

I went July last year with my husband and 3 teenage kids also my Brother and family all together there was 16 of us.

The rooms are in bad condition and in great need of updating, the open stairs could be a problem for families with small children. The sofa/bed in the living area was broken and you would fall down the hole if you didn't position yourself right, not good for sleeping on.

The best part of the accommodation was the private garden where you could sunbath or just chill with a drink.

The pool is far too small for the accommodation which comprises of around 130 bungalows. and was even taped off due to smeg floating ontop of the water and lots of hair, I wouldn't let the kids go in after that, we opted for the beach, which is just fantastic.

Never saw the reception staff except on arrival and departure, it was always closed.

We did suffer with some noisy people staying there, but if told to be quite they did so, we also found alot of spanish stay here, they tend to take over the pool area from 7am till 9pm, never any beds left.

Tha back road is the only entrance and is a pain in the hot sun walking up and down it, also there was alot of dog poo. that's even before you start to walk to the main road, it's about 15 to 20 mins walk to the Jumbo Centre and I wouldn't even attempt to walk to the beach, better to get a taxi, the fare is around 2 to 3 euros, it changed depending on which taxi driver you got.

I loved Play Del Ingles and want to go back there, but I would never ever stay at these apartments and would not recommend anyone else to do so."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

good budget accomodation

"These apartments are good, spacious budget accomodation and as long as you don't go expecting more than this then you won't be dissapointed.

The location is a bit out of the way so be prepared for a walk or a taxi fare to the beach, shops and nightlife, but i quite enjoyed staying out of the centre. The closest action is the yumbo centre(which has a big gay scene). There are all the usual shops, restaurants and bars here and the drag shows are fab for the open minded.

The bungalows are huge. There is an open plan kitchenette and living area downstairs with patio doors leading out to your own private garden with a table/chairs and sunbeds, and upstairs there is a twin bedroom with balcony and bathroom. The overall look of the place could do with a bit of maintenance, but it was clean enough and comfortable. However the Kitchenette is not well equiped so i advise taking some essentials like a bottle opener, dishcloth and dishtowel etc. Don't go expecting to use the kitchen for cooking big meals.

The pool was clean but VERY cold and the pool bar was closed the whole time we were there. The reception staff were friendly and helped us with booking excursions.

Overall i think this would be a good option if all you want is somewhere decent to rest your head for the night and is good value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Bad security!!

"Looks awful from the outside, access is via a pitted back road! For a budget apartment the bungalows are surprisingly large although they are in need of a refurbishment.Kitchen area clean and tidy however had to hire kettle and toaster, not great for self catering accomodation! Nice patio area and garden which was well kept and also there is a balcony upstairs. Security of apartment absolutely dreadful. Patio door lock broken, and a make shift bolt attached to the bottom of the door was meant to be adequate. Reported this immediately on arrival. First night in bed somebody broke in and came into the bedroom. Luckily for us he was drunk and ran off. The lock was repaired the following day after harsh words with the management. As your safety is not deemed important to them we would never return here."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Not bad for a 2 star

"My wife and i stayed at the Marbella Golf for a week ending on 12th March.We found the rooms to be fine,no bugs as other people have said,and the water would take your skin off if you had it to high,so no worrys with the shower.I must admit we were a little bit dissapointed with the fact that you had to hire even a kettle,which i thought would be amoung the bits and bobs that you would expect to have in a self catering room.You also had to pay to watch the T.V.in the room,at a cost of 1 Euro for about 40 minutes viewing.The pool was O.K. but it was very cold,there were plenty of sun beds, the only down side being that you could not raise them up, so you were flat out all the time,not a great reading position.The walk to the Jumbo Centre is about 15-20 minutes stroll,but the hill coming out of your room to the main road can get a bit of getting used to.All in all not bad for the money we paid £250 for a week,but in high season when the price will be a lot higher,i dont think it would be good value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2007

Great First Time Experience

"Bungalows Marbella Golf was my first experience of Gran Canaria hotels back in September 2005.

I had heard many things about quality and standards of accommodation and so naturally was apprehensive. My advice to others travelling to the area is do no believe the rumours.

Marbella Golf was an excellent quality complex and I was reassuringly surprised by the whole experience.

On arrival we were checked in quickly and efficiently and provided with lots of information about local attractions.

The room was excellent… Because it was such a surprise to have 2 floors. We did not expect this and at no point were we informed that this would be the case. It really made me relax very quickly as it felt like being in someone’s home.

Downstairs was a bedroom with bunks and a kitchen/lounge with garden terrace, upstairs the twin bedroom and bathroom with balcony. All cleaned to a reasonably high standard. Considering the direct access to the garden, we had no experiences of bugs or creepy crawlies during our 7 night stay.

The facilities within the complex are basic but adequate, the pool is of a decent size with plenty of sun beds available, and all reasonably well cleaned.

With regards to location, the complex is situated about a 5 minute taxi ride from the Yumbo centre, for my first time in the area this was perfect, and I can understand that for families this would be ideal. Once orientated to the area, we abandoned the taxi rides and walked everywhere which was very relaxing. There is a small supermarket just outside the main entrance to the complex.

The hotel appears to be run by German nationals, but we had no problems with communicating our needs.

I would definitely stay at Marbella Golf again, and would recommend it as a first time hotel experience."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of December 2006

good value

"dont listen to people who say these r not good value because they really are the staff are very nice and welcoming maids came in everyday apart from the day b4 we came home we did not rough it in anyway these bungalows are good basic clean places to stay with a nice pool too please go and enjoy your stay at marbella top place to be ."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of November 2006

Not what we expected

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday at these apartments and were disappointed to say the least. They were not very clean at all, in fact we had to buy toilet cleaner and bleach ourselves! The place was crawling with ants and we had a few unwelcome visits from some cockroaches the last 2 days. The cleaners only came once and even then only to empty the bins. We had to ask for extra towels as we only had two and there were 3 adults and a child. These were not changed at all during our weeks stay. As for self catering there was a fridge and a hob, no oven but you probably wouldn't want to cook in these apartments anyway. We brought dinner in one night and left some to eat later. When we opened the box again it was crawling with ants! The pool was fine. A bit of a trek into town if you were walking, taxi about 3 euros roughly. A bit of a steep walk if you were at the bottom of the hill especially with cases or a child in a buggy! Overall not a pleasant experience. We would definetly not go back here and we would not recommend it at all, even for a low budget holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Dissapointment

"My fears were realised when I found reception closed on arrival at 8.50pm but thanks to a local resident of this complex,I was shown to the Balero Bar and Caroline saw I was given a room as they had had many problems with the owner never around and no reception available for days!!
Whole area is clean,pool excellent,rooms need TLC and at least a cleaner!!No towels/sheets changed,just Caroline helping out.
Overall,not a good holiday as too urbanized,too far to eat anywhere (taxi rides only) too far to coastline and buses not arriving when stated!
Would suite some but not this 65year old!

• Travel date: Mon 29th of April 2013

cockroaches/lack of maintenance

"worst week sleep in my life :( ..... had over 20 cockroaches coming up from under the cupboard in the kitchen... we found newspaper had been used instead of a proper backing board!! maintenance in marbella is an issue and lets it down big time... 4 of us in the bungalow and only two pillows between us all.... the sofa bed in the lounge had broken slatts so not a great nights sleep anyway. . . despite the great space these bungalows have i wouldnt come back again :("

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2010

Hotels near Bungalows Marbella Golf

Stayed at Bungalows Marbella Golf? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bungalows Marbella Golf

• scotti by scotti

"Good all round basic accomo if your not going for luxury and have open mind. "

• ajn2210 by ajn2210

"RAID does kill cockroaches so always keep some in the bungalow "

• Sandy D by Sandy D

" A cockroach spray,stamina and patience "

Bungalows Marbella Golf is also called