Bungalows Los Almendros Gays Exclusive Vacation Club

Avenida Francia 3, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Not just gay complex

"Hello All

There seams to be a new ownership at the Los Almendros, It´s still gay complex over the summer but as I were there for 2 weaks 25.feb-11.march 2009 I found out that this winter the complex was rented by Icelandic travel agent.

I must se that my wife and I love´d the los almendros, wery nice clean and fine location. The staff was weary friendly and they did a fine job in cleaning the bungalows.
1.bed. apartment with smal kitchen ( fridge, coffy maker, boiler) sleaping sofa.
Braekfast was good every morning and the happy hour at the bar was wisited.

The beds were a bit hard, the pool was COLD!! and the wifi only works at the front desk and the bar.

The cita center is just across the streat from the complex and the beach is about 10.min walk away ( there are steps down to the beach, pretty steap).
There are some good restaurants wery close to the complex."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Best Gay Resort, so far

Good

"This was the third time I had been to Los Almendros with my partner and two other friends. Having stayed previously at the Vista Bonita we found this was much better overall. The apartments were clean and well furnished. The pool was a reasonable size and the bar well stocked.

Everyone from the cleaners to the bar staff worked hard to make sure your stay was pleasant and enjoyable.

we were sad to learn that Respect Holidays had to cease trading but hope that another gay tour operator will take over this complex."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2008

Wonderful Resort for Gay Visitors

"My partner and I stayed here in November 2007 and had a great time, we were a bit anxious about the 'clothing optional' rules for the resort, but once we were there we felt fine about it and by the second hour we hardly noticed people who were or weren't nude.

If you can it is worth the extra to get a poolside bungalow as it is the social hub of the resort with the pool and bar being next to each other, although if you prefer a quieter location then away from here may be better for you.

The staff at Respect were great, we went with friends who had been several times so didn't need much information but for newbies they offer introduction sessions to tell you about the area and general tips and advice.

In the evening the Yumbo centre is where all the gay bars and clubs are, the resort is only a 10 minute walk and on your way home the tired amongst us can get a taxi back for only a few euros.

We were unsure about going to an all-gay resort but after our first visit we are already planning our next visit for a bit of winter sun!

The fast food restaurant called 'Pepe Chiringo' over the road from the resort is also very good for late night munchies!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

Great Time @ Respect Los Almendros

"I just returned from a 10 night stay at Los Almendros, and it was great. The staff is extremely friendly and more than willing to make guests feel welcome. While I was sitting at the bar, I noticed that many of the guests had stayed there before. To me, that is always a great endorsement. The lawn and grounds were nicely manicured. The bungalows are spacious and in great condition. There is a television in the living area and the bedroom. The resort is extremely quiet and within quick walking distance to the Yumbo Center and the gay beach. There is a nighttime security guard patrolling at night and also free internet access. I would highly recommend this resort for both couples and the single traveler."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

Great Gay Getaway!

"We have visited this place many times and the fact we keep going back is a good sign.

Its in a great location for the 'gay' traveller - close to the yumbo and relatively private considering its central location.

Simply decorated bungalows (could do with updating as they havent changed in 5 years). Air conditioned with nice pool, jacuzzi and bar area.

Nice place to chill out during the day. Would recommend - havent found anywhere better as a gay traveller in Gran Canaria."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of November 2007

Exclusively Gay

"My partner and I stayed at Los Amendros in August and absolutely loved it! The resort is completely safe, and relaxed with excellent security including gated entry. The bar staff were very friendly and cooked very good food (gained a little holiday weight). Our room was a pool-side bungalow which is perfect if you're a little bit nosey, it was immaculately clean with a very large double bed and a sofa bed in the lounge. We were a bit worried about the nakedness allowed (being girlies in a mainly male resort) but only 2 people indulged and it was totally fine. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a gay holiday that's walking distance to the Yumbo centre that's safe clean and friendly."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Los Almendros is the best!

"Have just returned from a fabulous 3 weeks in Los Almendros. I've been several times before, and, to be honest - it's just like 'going home'. The staff are just SO welcoming and friendly - we had lots of laughs. Also - always really interesting guys (and a few gals this year) staying there.

I booked an extra week, and the rep, Raymond, and staff at Respect in the UK were really helpful getting me sorted. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Gran Canaria. Love the place!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Amazing place

"just the best and most friendly gay hotel i have ever stayed at! Everyone from Del the best bar man on the island, to the cleaners are just brilliant. great location, near the yumbo, restaurants and beach. the complex is so nice and well kept its a chore to leave it at times!!

would strongly recomend to anyone thinking of a gay holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Specialist Complex and Always A Great Experience

"First things first, if you are not gay or bisexual then there is probably little point reading any reviews on the Los Almendros complex as it is exclusively gay accommodation.

I have stayed at Los Almendros eight times in all, my last time being last Autumn. The complex comprises 33 bungalows and 1 studio with roughly ten pool facing and the remaining bungalows being arranged in rows which are perfectly positioned to catch the sun as it passes throughout the day. Outside each bungalow is a small patio with table and chairs and sunbeds, although when I last stayed there was no padding on the sunbeds so they can be a little hard to lie on all day long. My tip - bring along a lilo.

Each bungalow features either one double or two single beds and the settee in the main sitting area can be converted in to a bed for a third occupant.

Kitchen area is impressive with kettle, coffee maker, two cooking rings and adequate plates, cups, glasses, saucepans and cutlery. Bathroom is standard but there is limited hot water so take care.

On site is an all day bar (which is also open until late at night too), as well as a pretty good restaurant. There is also a small fitness area and a pool table.

In Reception you will find free internet access. Safe facilities (in room), TV (with adult movies) and air conditioning are all payable through Reception.

The maids who clean the bungalows work extremely hard at keeping the rooms in superb condition and the grounds are always immaculate. The staff all round are always extremely friendly, hard working and great fun.

One final thought ....... this is, as I mentioned, exclusively gay and at night time when guests return from the bars and clubs, there can be a lot of cruising around the grounds. If you are shy and easily offended by this sort of thing, maybe Los Almendros is not the place for you. That said, if you are not interested, then a polite "no thanks" is all it takes.

All in all this is a great place to stay if you want to be amongst "like minded" holiday makers and has the advantage of being a mere 10 minutes walk from the night life of the Yumbo Centre. I personally would not stay anywhere else in Playa del Ingles."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of March 2007

Los Almendros

"Los Alemendros, a men-only resort in Playa de Ingles/Maspalomas: Low-key, pleasant, clothing-optional. Pleasant little bungalows as opposed to the general concrete highrises,. Equi-distant to the Maspalomas Dunes Nat'l Park and Jumba Center. Secure. Lap-sized swimming pool. I'd go again."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of February 2007

Hotels near Bungalows Los Almendros Gays Exclusive Vacation Club

Stayed at Bungalows Los Almendros Gays Exclusive Vacation Club? Share your insight.

Bungalows Los Almendros Gays Exclusive Vacation Club is also called