beds not so good

Reviewed Tue 25th of January 2011

"jusst got back after 11 nights and the beds were like camp beds my back was aching the whole time but apart from that the apartments were ok,cleaned every day and adults only so very quiet,not many english people mostly danish dutch and germans but plenty of room around the pool mostly only 2 of us,very close to everything so overall quite good."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of January 2011

hols july 2010

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"Was not sure at first. staff very helpful,fresh rolls every day. Apartments basic but clean,as good as any 3* we have stayed in.Perfect position, right next to beach & bars. Would def go back & would recommend."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

We booked to stay at this apartment, how...

Reviewed Sat 27th of September 2008

"We booked to stay at this apartment, however had reservations in view of previous reviews, but when we arrived the security guard appeared right at the back of our bus & gave us our key. This was early hours of a Sunday morning & although there was a few people around it wasn't that bad so defo didn't feel scared even with a 2 yr old child.

The room was small but very clean & comfortable which is what we paid for. I liked the fact that there was looked gates so no one could get in when we were out to burgle our room or my son could get out.

We did hear background music from local bars & the locals in the car park but nothing that kept any of us awake.

The staff & manager were very friendly & helpful & as we had an early morning flight we had our room right up until we got picked up. The pool was good as it was never busy & as I'm not a strong swimmer & had my son in I felt very safe.

The El Gaucho grill is a must, food was lovely, a bit more expensive but well worth it. El Rancho is also a good eating place & the waiters are fab with the kids.

The apartments are walking to everywhere like Yumbo, Kasbah even Maspolmas & San Augustin, although be warned there are plenty of stairs & slightly steep hills, there areramps of people with prams & wheelchairs so you'll certainly get kept fit.

I would defo go back to this apartment & recommend it to friends etc, although the resort itself is no really child friendly as there was no pubs that catered for them.

Overall had a good hol. "

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2008

Oh Dear. We arrived late at night and...

Reviewed Sat 21st of June 2008

"Oh Dear.

We arrived late at night and had to phone the emergency number to get let in; this was ok as the chap arrived within 5 mins, but I had heard stories from others who had to hang about longer. My first impression was that I wouldn't have like to hang about outside for too long at that time of night, but after holidaying there, it actually felt quite safe. Take a phone with you if you're arriving after 7pm!!

The location was handy for the Plaza and the beach. We especially liked the smell of urine which got stronger as you approached the apartments from the Plaza.

The complex seemed safe enough, if a bit zoo-enclosure like. It was small, but nice and quiet.

The 'gardens' were pretty enough, but the grass could have done with a trim.

The room seriously let the place down.. It was quite frankly horrible. There was paint peeling from the walls and ceiling, the beds felt damp, and the rooms were generally pretty rank. It was clean enough though (apart from the cutlery). There is no kettle but you can hire one (personally I'd just use the pot)

I enjoyed most of my holiday because i like peace and quiet, however the local neds blared their music out until 6 am on the friday night and wouldn't turn it down when asked. When I say blared, I mean blared with their sub woofers etc so much so that the windows were shaking. That said, it did only occur at the weekends.

Anyway, the location and enclosure are good, but the rooms are horrible.

I doubt very much if it deserves 2* status.. It wasnt worth the £279 I paid for the holiday and I won't be going back. "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

We arrived at Los Nardos at around 5am a...

Reviewed Thu 27th of March 2008

"We arrived at Los Nardos at around 5am after a delayed flight, to find the gate to the hotel locked, as there is no 24 hour reception as it is only a small hotel. We rang the phone number displayed to get the key brought to us from a security man (make sure you have credit on your mobile phone!) and we waited around 20 minutes for him to arrive - not too bad but a slight inconvenience after a 4 hour delayed flight and you're feeling sleepy!

The apartments were basic but we managed well for snacks with just the hob. The maids came regularly to tidy around, change the towels and sheets etc. We had a few cockroaches in the bathroom! but we were on the bottom floor and they are common in the area. Also, beware if u do not like cats!! as the owner has a few of them which were regularly walking in and out of the apartment when we had the door opened, and around the pool area.

The pool is great, small but nice. You always have a sun lounger and parasol available too. The people staying at the hotel were a nice mix of ages and nationalities - so refreshing to hear french and spanish families chatting away while you relax rather than rowdy groups!

The owner/manager was always helpful and had great English comprehension. He was happy for us to have a late check-out too as we had a late night flight, i think we paid an extra 25 euros to stay the extra day. The reception is also a little shop too, so u can buy lots of water without having to carry it too far!

Overall, I would stay here again as I prefer to stay at a small, generally quiet, self-catering hotel. The hotel is a 1 minute walk away from the beach which was lovely, and the shops and bars are very close too. The only downside for us was the reception opening times and being scared of the cockroaches! There is a car park right outside of the hotel which is always busy, as it is close to the beach and shops etc. but this was of no real problem for us. There is also a big hotel at the back of the apartments which had loud entertainment til around 11/12pm some nights, but this didn't prevent us from sleeping.

A nice little hotel overall!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2008

On our arrival the reception was closed...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of February 2008

"On our arrival the reception was closed but the perimeter gate was open so I found a cleaner who rang for the manager, he arrived within 10 minutes. However there is a telephone number highly visable from the gates to ring for the manager or should you need him in an emergency.
Our apartment was on the ground floor and spotless! We were short of a kettle and toaster as has been mentioned in other reviews but improvisation with a saucepan and the hob ring meant we weren't short of hot drinks or toast.
The manager and all his staff were friendly and helpful and overall I would certainly recommend this complex to my family and friends. If you want a basic accommodation, close to a beach with georgeous weather this is for you!
There was a high level of noise on Saturday when the locals were out in numbers but on the whole it was what you can expect from a busy tourist area. Within the apartments there was a fair mix of nationalities and apart from the obvious language difficulties most were respectful of others R & R time.
Take a walk, or lift, down to the restraunts near the beach and search out the CACTUS bar and restraunt, guaranteed to recieve great service and a warm welcome the guys there go out of their way to look after you. "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

Saturday night it was a complete nightm...

Reviewed Wed 30th of January 2008

" Saturday night it was a complete nightmare. There is a car park outside the apartments and the locals insisted on standing around their cars drinking until the early hours of the morning playing their music at full volume. The car park holds approxomately 100 cars, and they are comming and going all the time. The side street is also lined with cars all doing the same thing.
The police drive past every few minutes, yet don't seem to do anything!!!

The description of the apartment says there is a bathtub.....We didn't find one in our "small" apartment.

A 24 hr reception would be handy, especially for anyone arriving after 7 pm as we did.
We had to phone a number ( that took half an hour to get through), then once someone answered, we were told to wait another 20 mins before someone arrived with a key to let us in off the street.

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2008

Hotels near Apartments Los Nardos

Top traveller tips for Apartments Los Nardos

• peachschnapps by peachschnapps

"you feel safe as security gates mean only people in apartments can get in "

Apartments Los Nardos is also called