Good

I loved Gran Canaria and I was quite ple...

Reviewed Tue 11th of April 2006

"I loved Gran Canaria and I was quite pleased with the apartments! The best part was all the friendly people that I met who were staying next door!!

But I feel some of the staff were grumpy and not too helpful and a little impatient and as it was a freestyle holiday I wondered why they were complaining about the noise because we don't go with them to be quiet all the time??!! The old men round the pool didn't seem to like young people but that didn't bother us!

On the other hand there was a lot of very friendly staff at the bar on the hotel grounds and at the Irish bat too (that was my favourite)!! Overall I had a good holiday and I am going again in June and staying in the same apartments so I would recommend it for a good break!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

This was the best holiday ever! I went t...

Reviewed Sat 26th of November 2005

"This was the best holiday ever! I went to Las Faluas in a group of 12 girls as our first holiday without the parents. The apartments were quite small, but overall proved a good standard. The only dodgy thing about these apartment is the old Spanish people.

Watch out for Old Man Brown! Brilliant choice of nightlife available. Many nights were spent in the Irish centre- good karaoke! And of course good old Linekars- ice-cream cone, ice-cream cone! I would definitely recommend booking with freestyle as the banter is excellent!

• Travel date: Sat 26th of November 2005

I went in a large group of 12 girls and...

Reviewed Wed 9th of November 2005

"I went in a large group of 12 girls and had an absolutely brilliant holiday in Gran Canaria.

The apartments are in a great location, right between the Irish Centre and the Kasbah. It is also easy to get a taxi to the Yumbo centre. The pool area is very nice with enough sun loungers to go around. The reception was manned 24 hours a day. Our apartment was cleaned every day and the maids were very friendly. The restaurant did good food at reasonable prices and the staff were all very friendly.

We did have a few cockroaches but after complaining to the reception our apartment was sprayed. We saw a lot less after this. The apartment was also quite small as there were three girls in mine who had lot of clothes. However, for what we paid we could hardly complain.

There is a lot of Spanish people who live in the apartments. They generally ignore you but certain elderly people did complain to us a lot about the noise.

I would recommend these apartments to groups of young people, who want to be close to the nightlife and don't have a fortune to spend.

An excellent holiday.

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

We had cockroaches, didn’t once get cl...

Reviewed Fri 4th of November 2005

"We had cockroaches, didn’t once get cleaned in 2 weeks cold shower we asked for it to get sorted it still didn’t the maid also stole our toilet roll I thought the apartment was to small for three people.

So overall we felt we had to be out all the time for our safety also there was bed bugs which my friends bites got infected we would never return to these apartments we recommend the resort but beware of LAS FALUAS!

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

I went with my boyfriend for a week in O...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"I went with my boyfriend for a week in October 05 with freestyle.

our first impressions of las faluas were okay could of been improved, the walls could of been a bit cleaner and the work top surfaces weren’t very clean.

The hotel restaurant was good they did a good range of food and it was nice as you could sit out side by the pool having lunch. The pool was really nice and the surrounding area had many sunloungers to laze about on there were no umbrellas to sit under though. The reception area was nice with an internet cafe, we especially liked how there was always somebody on 24hrs a day makes you feel alot safer however we couldn’t exchange travellers cheques here we had to go to another hotel.

The hotel is in a good location in between the kasbah and Irish centre so there wasn’t alot of noise at night only the odd groups going back singing !!!

overall it was a really good holiday.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

The apartment grounds are kept nice and...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"The apartment grounds are kept nice and clean there is one big pool and a small kiddies paddle pool which are both kept clean and tidy .

The apartment was small it was big enough for 2 adults but I think it would be a squeeze for 3 adults there is a bathroom with shower , a small kitchenette with 2 ring hob sink and breakfast bar ,a living area with a sofa bed a dressing table and a TV (you have to put money in it to watch it) and a door leading out to the balcony which has a table and chairs on it, and then there is the bedroom with 2 single beds a built in wardrobe a bedside table and a suitcase stand the bedroom is quite small but was ok for me and my sister.

The apartment was clean when we arrived we had maid service almost every day and the bedding is only changed once a week. We did have some unwanted company in the shape of 3 cockroaches but that was because our window was open when we arrived at the apartments we kept our window shut for the whole week which is ok in the cooler months but in the summer it would be a nightmare as it was cooler we didn’t mind keeping our window closed and were quite happy to only see 3 cockroaches we were expecting more.

The hotel staff are nice and there is always someone on reception whether it is the reception man during the day or the security man at night.

The apartment location was good it was a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel to most of the nightlife. You have the Irish centre to the left of the apartments and the Kasbah centre to the right of the apartments the beach is about a 15 min walk all in all everything was close enough to reach by foot but far enough away from noise.

This resort was brilliant it is not for those looking for a quiet peaceful holiday the nightlife is loud and it is always busy(it is quieter in November) . Prices are quite reasonable most places offer 2 for 1 plus a free shot and sometimes a free cocktail all for between 6-8 euros. not sure if they offer this all the time but if you go in to china whites for a drink they stamp your hand and it gets you in to cream for free. Rogers is another good place to drink, Beckhams, Zigzags and the Hippodrome are also good there is a little cocktail bar called Sugar try the cocktails there they are amazing they are about 7 euros each but they don’t do 2 for 1 offers the glasses are bigger so it probably works out about the same amount as the 2 for 1 offers . Martini is another nice bar to try the bar staff are lovely the prices are good (2 for 1) and the music is good too.

Watch out for the African women who try to shake your hand they hold on to you and then burn a horse hair bracelet on to your wrist then demand money for it keep your arms crossed say no and keep walking (not as may of them about in November).

Be nice to the INFO people they are only doing their job and some of them are actually really nice if you get to know them.

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004