Dunas Mirador Maspalomas

Calle Einstein s/n, 35100, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

ALCATRAZ!!!

Reviewed Wed 13th of June 2012

"if you like a holiday with rules rules and more rules this is for you,
we got told off for being too noisy in the pool with a 3 year old!, no balls in the pool, no inflatables, no all inclusive after 11pm on the dot, cant get in the pool before 9am! and they have a guard who loves his job!
the food is very repetitive and very tasteless,you are limited on drinks choice too.
no air con or hair dryers in the room, and they know how to charge for hire stuff.
while we were there we had two bus loads of old Spanish people, and a bus full of kids on there holiday which was bedlam.
positives its clean
the only god send was that our boy made friends the first day and the fact he was having fun made our holiday.
avoid this hotel at all costs"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2012

Verry dissapointed

Reviewed Tue 3rd of April 2012

"Went alliclusive with husband and 2 son's age 35,25 for one week and found we would have been better treated had we gone halfboard reason's being if your half board your table is reserved for you you get to sit in comfort in the lobby and not outside at the bar.you can only get coffee in restraunt at brekfast no kettle's mini bar or hair dryer's in the room, only cleaned the once during our stay food is repeated daily this was the worst allin i have ever had would not recommend"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2012

Amazing hotel :)

Good
Reviewed Mon 23rd of January 2012

"My fiancé and I booked the hotel as it was a cheap all inclusive hotel in a quiet location. We weren't expecting much but were amazed when we arrived. My fiancé was sure we were in the wrong hotel. The receptionist greeted us happily and gave us our first room which was in block D up the stairs we went with our suitcases only to find there was already someone in the roon taking a shower. We found this quite amusing and off we went back downstairs to tell them. The receptionist was very apologetic and sorted us a new room which was in block B which we were quite happy about as the walk to the restaurant was shorter :) the room was very clean. We expected it to be basic which it was but the beds were comfy and cleanliness was more important to us. We were unsure about the food and followed the dress code for the first night. The food was lovely there was something different everyday breakfast was a buffet of eggs in all variety, cereals, fruit, bacon, sausages, cakes, cheese and ham toasties and different types of bread also coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juices. Lunch was normally soups, pasta, hams, cheeses, salad, meats, ice cream, fruit, cake and drinks including alcohol. Tea was usually a few different meat dishes, pasta, rice, chips, salads, ice cream, fruit and cake and all drinks. They weren't strict on the dress code we didn't follow it. We took drinks from the dining hall up to our room with no hassle. They had a different person selling little engraved and craft bits in the lobby every night which was nice and the prices were decent. At the pool bar the sandwiches were nice and snack time consisted of hot dogs, burgers, chips, toasties and salad. At tea time there was cake and tea available. There was no hassle when ordering drinks you could have what you wanted and as many as you wanted. We took our drinks to our room from there too. We did test out the pool which was freezing but very clean. The jacuzzi was nice and clean too. All the staff were happy and polite to us. I don't think people realise how busy they are they haven't got time to stick around for a full blown conversation, they are constantly cleaning and keeping the hotel tidy. We enjoyed the walk up and down the hill. Honestly the amount of food we ate it really helped us keep the weight off and neither of us put any on thanks to the walking. We rented a few cars to explore everywhere but we mostly walked or jumped on the free bus to get to the beach and walked all the way back. It's a lovely walk. We even walked back from Puerto rico as we realised it weren't that far after driving there. We really enjoyed our holiday we are a young couple both 23 years old and we enjoyed all the walking. Honestly the amount of food you eat as its free the walking dont do you any harm and it's free :) we would recommend the hotel as its well worth the money. We will be going back with friends this time as we know they'll enjoy it too. Hope this review helps as I know the bad reviews I read worried me a little."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2012

great

Reviewed Wed 30th of November 2011

"was unsure after reading reviews,me,my partner,15 yr daughter and 3 yr old son arrived after lunch the hotel looked really nice,got to our room which was clean,comfortable.location abit out the way but got free bus to the beach which we spent the whole day there.all the staff were polite ,animation team were great especially the one who played sandy in the grease show,bar staff no complaints.food was good caters for everyone.would definatly stay here again"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of November 2011

Great Holiday

Reviewed Tue 5th of July 2011

"This was my seventh time to Maspolomas and can say that this was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Good food, very clean and staff were friendly. There are always issues with sun beds where ever you go, so it did not annoy me when people saved beds. It may be a good idea to mark them in sections according to the rooms, this would gaurantee people getting a bed as there are plenty for all. My only critisism is that the bedding is not changed often enough, every 5 days in the heat is not good. Beware that they cater for everyone not just families, we had 20 spanish lads turn up half way through our week, but they were not too bad. Entertainment is not great, but again that is the norm for these types of countries. All in all a great holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2011

Great Holiday, Nice Hotel , Meet lovely People.

Reviewed Thu 21st of April 2011

" Where to start : First impression of the Hotel better than I was expecting, Lovely and clean, spacious and very nice decor. Large pool that is kept clean apart from lazy people not putting rubbish in bins. Sunbeds are a challenge to get, All entrence to the pool blocked off until 9am after that it's like a free for all, could,nt beleive people queing at 08:30am to get the fisrt sun bed, thought this was very funny!!!
Hotel location isn't great however a short walk down a hill and you come to some lovely parks and a fun fair for the kids. Get a Taxi to the waterparks and Dolphin park only 3 - 4 euros. Visited other resorts on the island by taxi again only 4 euros.
More about the Hotel, staff not rude but not friendly either.The cleaners are good but again not that friendly.
Rooms are clean but very basic, furniture in the room is adaquate for what you need but not brilliant.
Now the dinning area, Food very good, good choice and lots of it. pasta ,fish ,meat, salad, fresh bread daily and a good choice of deserts for everyone..
However again the dinning area is a free for all, not much organisation going on and people leaving food everywhere... come on people clean up after you.
Overall a very nice holiday in a pleaent hotel with good food and a lovely area.. would I go back (Yes)."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of April 2011

well run hotel

Reviewed Wed 6th of October 2010

"sheppie/grangemouth great hotel well worth the money food reasonable good pool area brill kept clean only downfall pool bar had 2 queue for drink guy in charge bar very pleasant all in all great had great holiday met nice people linda /john greenock sing us a song keep up good reputation "

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2010

Not really for British

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"I have just arrived back from a week at this hotel with my partner and son. The hotel was very nice and could not fault the cleanliness. However,on arrival, we could not see any british, this hotel was more for Germans and Spanish (not sure what it is like at peak time). British were very few and far between. You could only use the bar up by the swimming pool if you were all inclusive unless you were buying in which case you could use the lobby bar. The entertainment was by the lobby bar so you would have to go all the way outside and the other side of the hotel to get a drink on all inclusive!!! As for the entertainment...... What entertainment about sums it up!! There was the odd night there was a man playing the piano and a bit of a sing..... Not good. Most staff were pleasant however, all but one bar staff (Miguel)were extremely rude, absolutely no manners, would just look at you with miserable face, take your order, plonk it down in front of you and turn there back on you, and dare you want a drink if they are in conversation with spanish guest, you get a look of disgust. Food was absolute rubbish. Gran canaria is absolutely beautiful and will definately return, just not to this hotel. Would advise you visit Palmitos Park and sioux city - they were both fantastic especially sioux city. Would advise you go there on a Friday evening. We went for the day and returned by the night where they do a BBQ, Free bar and a show which pretty much incorparates everything they do in the day time shows all into one show, dancing it is great. Much busier and better atmosphere in the evening. "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of October 2010

brilliant

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2010

"just got back from spending 2 weeks with my girlfriend , had a great time , entertainment staff are very friendly, food is really nice and you can always grab more when you want ,weather was lovely as was our room , the only downside is there is no air-con but thats no worry cos you only have to open ur door , but other than that its a great place to spend your holiday , would go back without a doubt"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2010

Good value

Reviewed Fri 29th of October 2010

"People who dont like this hotel must be very fussy!

We went all inclusive on the 26th april for a week and the hotel was great.

The room was more than adequate, granted it had no air conditioning but overall was very good.

The pool area was amazing and although the pool bar was supposed to close at 10.30pm, I seen it open after 11pm more than once.

The only thing we did not enjoy was the lunch and dinners, they were perfectly edible, just not much choice.

This hotel in my opinion could easily gain 4 star rating if they improved the food service.

Overall, for the money, excellent value hotel, I would go back again in off peak season for the the weather"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of May 2010

Reviewed Tue 9th of March 2010

"no air con food cold staff miserable never seen one smile entertainment poor all inclusive bar outside till 10 30 pm went into town beer very dear have to be out of room 12 00 last day leaving hotel 1645 but all inclusive ends 1200 went on cruise first iland escape great then come to this dump never seen pool being cleaned no antisepic cleaner in toilets or dineing rooms"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of March 2010

Not getting any better

Reviewed Tue 16th of February 2010

"Second time we have been to this hotel, the first time we had fresh towels every day and the romm was cleaned daily, this time the towels were changed three times a week, I like a clean towel every time I shower so it was a big issue for me. the food was worse than I remember from the last time but to be fair it wasnt that bad that I had to starve. I remember from the last time that the beds were a bit too hard for me and the memories came flooding back after my first night. the bus to and from the beach was free but you sometimes struggle to get on it at times, I think two busses might be the answer or to run them with a bit more frequency.
on the positive side the beer was OK and the hotel does look good in the photos. will I be going back ? no, I have had enough of the Dunas Mirador.

• Travel date: Sat 13th of February 2010

Hotels near Dunas Mirador Maspalomas

Stayed at Dunas Mirador Maspalomas? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Dunas Mirador Maspalomas

• bluericky by bluericky

"beach is too far to walk too but taxis 4 euros anywhere "

• Lewis Family by Lewis Family

"Get about and look at the area, gat involved and enjoy the experience. "

• TSfromBristol by TSfromBristol

"Take a trip to the beach and do the camel ride it is great. "

• "We ate at the hotel then went out and came back for each meal as it was better quality than some of the town restaurants we tried. Left us with more money to treat ourselves "

• badge by badge

"allinclusive needs alot more attention "

• mr m by mr m

"take plenty of euros to eat and drink out as the food is very boring "

• Georgehd by Georgehd

"Best tip is to stay away and find somewhere else. "

Dunas Mirador Maspalomas is also called