Caybeach Meloneras

C/ Mar Baltico s/n, 35100, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Found a spot

"coming to Cay Beach Meloneras for 3 yrs in a row 2010-2012, every year. My parents and my son and me. A very good resort for a family. Beautiful sea right there and the good people helping you to get the best time on your holiday. So very pleasent stay last time and again. "

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2012

Ash Cloud Easter

"I stayed here during Easter 2010 with my wife and two older (17 + 14) kids. Absolutely brilliant. Spacious two floor apartment was ideal, choice of swimming pools that invariably we were the only ones using were within 30m. We were self catering, external restaurants and bars were not very close but were within easy (20-30 min) walking distance, which we did most nights. The staff were smart and very courteous and helpful throughout. The facilities were clean and well kept and maintained, the on site shop had all the basic essentials required. We spent three days there more than the week we were expecting due to the Ash Cloud, the staff could not have been more helpful during what could have been an overly stressful period. We were slightly disappointed when they called us to a flight!
A big plus point was the lack of noisy Brits.
Smashing, will definitely look to return.
Richard"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of August 2010

I stayed here with my partner for a week...

"I stayed here with my partner for a week in early November. Have to say really loved the hotel and the surrounding area and have been wanting to go back ever since.
The hotel itself is at the top of a hill but as long as you are able its a lovely walk and the views are gorgeous, plus you get a nosey in the big posh hotels!
Our one bed apartment was super, all areas were spotless and very well equiped. We were suprised to find that we had both a patio for us and a separate walled patio with a drying line, mop and bucket, brush etc. This was a very nice touch as it keeps your room free from the wet towels, swimwear and sandy shoes.
We ate out every night but have cereal and snack type food in the room. As above the kitchen was very well equipped and if you wanted to you could have cooked.
Just like a few of the other reviews we did find ourselves in a minority, the resort is highly populated by mianland europeans but this certainly didn't affect our holiday.
The resort itself is small and fairly upmarket, some fantastic shoe and handbag shops! There are also numerous fantastic restaurants, we did not have a bad meal there and found it to be very reasonable pricewise.
All in all the hotel and resort were both fantastic and we were very sad to leave. The Cay Beach Melonaras may not be the most glamorous place to stay but it has a nice viallge atmosphere and I couldn't fault it for cleanliness or staff. I would definately recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

Me and my family went for a 4 day break...

Good

"Me and my family went for a 4 day break it was a lovley holiday very clean and staff very friendly food was ok.. only things was the shops were to far away and no english pubs not many english lots of germans!! weather was unreal very very hot burnt like a mother [--].. i would definetly go back again with a skate board to get me to the shops and back

• Travel date: Sun 27th of April 2008

Great location. Lovely clean, large and...

Good

"Great location. Lovely clean, large and airy apartments. Staff friendly.Suggest that you do not pre-book meals. Try first, and it is cheaper than pre-booking.
No choice of starters only soup, then same salad every day and only 3 Choice of main meals and one of those was pork every night. The real problem was the food being left on "hot" plates !! The result always cold or tepid food. Served in a canteen type facility. Just a warning. Plenty of Cafes, Restaurants nearby. Otherwise a great place to stay. If you have children well catered for."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of March 2008

Could not fault the Cay Beach Melonaras...

"Could not fault the Cay Beach Melonaras Aparthotel. It was a great place to stay with very friendly staff. It is at the top of a hill so views of the sea are spectacular. The apartments were of great size and the air con was tip top. The resort is very safe as each room has a card key system. The cleaners do a very efficient job and always left the room in a fantastic condition.

The restaurants were just a 10 min walk along the sea front and the beach is a great size and family friendly.

A taxi into the main town (Playa del Ingles) is only 5 euro and the taxi drivers are very quick to turn up at were you wish to be picked up.

The food at the Cay Beach is good as they have a pool bar that serves traditional English breakfast at reasonable prices. Also there is a restaurant on site but it is much better to walk the 10mins to the sea front. The on site mini market is ‘fab’ value and has a wide selection of goods. The on site disco bar is also very good with different shows every night but not many people go down to it.

All in all the Cay Beach Melonaras Aparthotel is a fantastic hotel in prime position to relax, eat and enjoy the night life."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007

Just returned from a fantastic Easter br...

"Just returned from a fantastic Easter break at Cay Beach Melonaras.

The apartments were very clean and well maintained. Sofa beds were a bit hard. Really enjoyed being able to step out of our apartment and into the pool just outside our patio.

All staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English.

We travelled with friends and between us had 4 children (10 to 13 years). There were organised sports for them by staff who were not in the least bit pushy - just invited them to come along - not like a typical kids club at all.

The restaurant offers a buffet or a la carte menu. The buffet sometimes offered unusual food combinations but nevertheless, was excellent value.

The pool bar has happy hour form 5 till 6 and you can get 2 pints of lager for 3 Euros!

We loved the hotel cats. There is a strong German & Scandinavian contingent and Brits are certainly the minority, but this was no problem as everyone was really nice. A peaceful place to stay, close to amenities.

The resort of Melonaras is great. The local beach is dark sand with good rock pools to investigate.

The promenade leads past big, expensive hotels. Restaurants line the promenade and the quality and service is excellent. Try '19th Hole' or 'Hemingway II'. Negotiate freebies, like sangria or ice cream, with the maitre d' because they are all eager for your custom.

The shops in the local area are more Gucci than bucket & spade. There are many designer shops as the area is more upmarket than a usual tourist haunt. The streets are very clean and the area feels very safe, even at night.

For golden sands, walk to Maspalomas, head for the lighthouse.

Avoid the Thomson Blanket Trip at all costs - a total waste of a day’s holiday! Sioux City is excellent. Be wary of the public buses - crazy drivers going too fast round narrow mountain roads with sheer drops into the ocean (think Italian Job)! Taxis are the way to travel - extremely cheap.

Seriously considering returning next year - we loved it!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

I recently stayed in these apartments fo...

"I recently stayed in these apartments for my honeymoon and it was lovely.

There is three pools, miniature golf course, games room, plenty of family entertainment on an evening and the staff were excellent.

The food was a buffet and was a bit different but still tasty - not great for fussy eaters.

We're planning to go back this year as it was such a nice place to stay and Meloneras was a fab resort."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of January 2007

Cay Beach Apartments are spotlessly clea...

"Cay Beach Apartments are spotlessly clean, the air conditioning superb, the pools lovely, the cats friendly, and the private terrace lovely too.

Cay Beach offers perfect tranquility and peace and with a supermarket on site and restaurants just a ten min walk away our holiday had just everything we wished for.

In fact we loved it so much my partner and I are away back in Feb 2007! Can’t wait!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Just back from a wonderful half term bre...

"Just back from a wonderful half term break, apartments spotless, well equipped kitchen, outside area for drying towels, keeping lilos etc as well as patio with table and chairs. Easily regulated air conditioning in bedroom and living room/ bedroom.

Site felt very safe and secure. Staff friendly and helpful. Pools lovely, poolside bar serving great food and a happy hour! Handy mini market and launderette on site. Would certainly recommend and will definitely return."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

As seasoned travellers to the canary isl...

"As seasoned travellers to the canary isles, my wife and I decided on a last minute holiday before winter is upon us and chose Gran Canaria.

Cay Beach is well maintained with staff on site that provide an excellent service which is natural and not manufactured. The facilities are superb with the accent on quality. For my wife and I who were self catering, there was really nothing that we needed in the apartment. It was obvious, that the comfort of guests had been top of the agenda with no hidden costs like a meter for the television. The local Restaurants in the resort offer very high quality at attractive rates. Value for money? Very hard to beat as there are bargains for everyone. The local shopping centre is new and virtually everything is negotiable.

Now is a wonderful time to visit as the resort is still in its infancy. The word will spread very quickly as we all seek value for money.

We will have no hesitation in going back there as all the opportunities are there to customise the holiday to one’s wishes. Our thanks to all those people who made our week that little more personal and enjoyable.

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

My partner and I booked these apartments...

"My partner and I booked these apartments as a last minute deal with Thomson, I would certainly recommend them.

We always opt for self-catering and were very pleased to find on arrival a bright spacious 1 bed apartment with individually controlled air conditioning for the bedroom and living area. We were on the ground floor and had a small private garden as our patio area, as well as a separate small outdoor area next to the kitchen with a washing line!

The apartments have 3 swimming pools all well maintained with a Jacuzzi for adults only! It is a bit of a trek to the beach especially on the way back (uphill), but well worth it.

All the staff at Cay Beach were brilliant and very friendly. There is also a well stocked supermarket, beach shop, bar and arcade area all on site.

We would recommend the Sea Golf restaurant on Meloneras beach, stunning views of the harbour at night all lit up. Excellent food and service."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006

Hotels near Caybeach Meloneras

Stayed at Caybeach Meloneras? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Caybeach Meloneras

• Keisha K by Keisha K

"Enjoy the sea and the sun "

• Older Bloke by Older Bloke

"Planning on going back for Christmas "

Caybeach Meloneras is also called