hotel

never again

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"went to these bungalows march 2007 very lovely clean complex but would never ever go back we went for ten days on the first morning there went to sit by the pool and was told to move away from the front of a german womans bungalow she must have thought she owned the complex and as the address is necherman she might have there was not one english person in the 300 bungalows as i know of well we never met any the germans made us feel so uncomfertable we paid for taxis every day to go to the beach to get away from them gran canaria is great lovely beaches etc but as far as vista flor bungalows go never again if your english please take note of the address of this complex necherman tells you every thing you need to know i will go back to gran canaria but i will do my homework before i book again and the address will defenatly not be necherman."

• Travel date: 27th March 2007

Never again

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Having read the reviews on this website before I booked, I arrived at Bungalows Vista Flor with mixed expectations. Having checked-in we were directed to Bungalow 1275 - which is quite a hike from reception. Many of the bungalows en-route to ours from reception looked new and well kutted out which was reassuring. Our lodging turned out to be actually part of the adjoining Duna Flor complex and was a real disappointment. The fixtures and fittings were falling apart through age. The bungalow, though not dirty, had a feeling of grubbiness about it. Cracked floor tiles, worn out towels, tired (and minimal) kitchen equipment. It was depressing to be inside. On the day of arrival I asked to be moved as I informed the desk that I had booked Vista Flor not Duna Flor. They told me they were fully booked and using Duna Flor as an overflow. They said they'd try to move me but they never did. Aside from that I decided that Maspalomas was not for me. I couldn't wait to go home. The place felt wholly focussed on the organised package tour brigade. The food at the local restaurants refelcted this - yes, it was cheap but the quality was terrible. Both Vista Flor and Duna Flor were swarming with - in the main, arrogant and unfriendly - Germans. As if by divine intervention I contracted Gastroenteritis on our 2nd day there and had my stay curtailed. A blessing in disguise I feel. Cleaning and security staff (at Vista Flor) were very kind and helpful to me whilst I was ill - organising an ambulance and follow up visit to the Clinic. - Thank you. I used [-----------------------] to book my accommodation and given the response to my complaint to date, I wouldn't recommend them. If I booked to stay at Duna Flor I should have been guaranteed a bungalow at Duna Flor. End of. They don't see it this way! By the way check out tripadvisor's review of Duna Flor and you'll see what all the fuss is about."

• Travel date: 28th January 2007

last minute discovery

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We went here on a last minute holiday and really enjoyed the week. It was fairly quiet with mainly older couples (40+). I thought the idea of the bungalows was lovely having your kitchenette and sofa downstairs with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The kitchen facilities were basic - but the same as in most self catering apartments. The bungalows were spotless and I think were cleaned daily. The pool was warm and large enough for a good swim and there were plenty of sun loungers. Though if you want a little table you need to be up early as they go quick! We ate one night in the complex and couldn't fault the meal at all. The staff were helpful, friendly and pleasant - though the entertainment was cheasy it was good fun. The Bungalows are on the road to the beach and we did walk there but if you have a lot of bags or it is warm I would recommend getting a taxi. We took a taxi most nights into Playa d'Inglas (to the Irish Centre) for a couple of euro. Overall I felt that the complex was located far enough from any loud music/atmosphere traditionally associated with the island but close enough for it not to break the bank getting a taxi in and out if you fancy it."

• Travel date: 10th January 2007

fantastic location

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Staying at Vista Flor. Not at all what i expected. Pleasantly surprised. The bungalows are very basic and lack things like kettle etc, but the are spotless and are cleaned almost every day. When i say cleaned they are swept and mopped and everywhere is tidied. There are a lot of German people that stay here i think and i have only spoken to 1 other english person. But everyone is in good spirits and seem to be enjoying themselves. I haven´t used the restaurant upstairs, but the downstairs buffet breakfast is adequate and sets you up for the day. A word of warning, Make sure you Hire A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX. I made sure i did and it was a good job too as 1 guy only checked in for 3 hours and had everything stolen. passport, wallet etc. so just bear that in mind. Its in a great location and the staff are very friendly, definitely would stay here again."

• Travel date: 9th December 2006

Vista Flor or Vista Flor!!!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Just back from a week self catering in Vista Flor BUNGALOWS, Maspalomas. We thought we were staying in same complex as our friends but they were in CLUB Vista Flor two minutes down the road. Smaller complex with luxurious chalets and no extra/hidden charges. Our Complex (Vista Flor Bungalows)appeared very nice on arrival. Cleaning good. Staff pleasant but more animated with German tourists who were in the majority and appeared to be well known so must have been regulars. Chalets/bungalows badly in need of refurbishment. Very old curtains and seat covers. Bed linen and towels crisp and fresh and changed regularly but pillows disgusting. No air conditioning in small bedroom. Be prepared to pay 15 euro for HIRE of a fan, 12 euro for HIRE of a KETTLE. Also a charge for hiring a toaster!!!! If you want to hire portable air conditioning unit it is between 70 and 135 euro depending on size.!!!! Refundable deposit required on all above!!! Pool nice but don't think filters were on every day - it appeared grubby and gritty a lot of mornings. Pool bar lovely and food excellent. Very little leaflet information about complex available or available only in Spanish or German. We were waiting for our transfer back to airport when we discovered a large dining area downstairs serving a carvery type meal!!! There was no signage to indicate what was down these stairs and it wouldn't have caught your eye but all the regulars seemed to know where they were going!! Wouldn't go back to Vista Flor Bungalows but would visit CLUB Vista Flor."

• Travel date: 17th September 2006

watch your language!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Rooms were good, decent size. Booked as a family holiday, there were a bunch of 8 males who spent most of the time around the pool,language was awful. Towels on sunbeds from very early yet the sunbeds weren't occupied until mid-day, if not later. Good food, very helpful staff, nice area"

• Travel date: 21st August 2006

Wonderful

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"we stayed at vistaflor for a week. in our experience, the staff were great, the food was good and the bungalows were good. the bar was open til late, and so a lot of visitors didnt go back to their rooms til even later, which got a bit annoying after a while, but we weren't angels ourselves. the supermarket is reasonable. the activities available are good too. vistaflor is great for young people looking for somewhere to stay close by to the clubs and night life - it was about 3 euros to playa del ingles and about 3.50euros back late at night. other than that, loads of families stayed there. the beaches were close by too, the playa del ingles beach and maspalomas beach [personally prefered the first] - and reception provided us with free return bus tickets (twice) for the beach. we would definately go back. we had a wonderful time."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2006

Faultless

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"I visited these apartments in May with my mother, after booking as a late deal through Cosmos UK. I had not been to Gran Canaria before, so I was unsure of what to expect. Believe me, the choach from the airport dropped off at some ghastly looking places in Playa Del Inglés! On arrival at the apartments we were greeted by friendly reception staff. We were the only people off our flight who were booked in there. We were given the keys to our apartment, which we discovered was in a prime location by the pool. The apartment itself was big, and being on two floors was very rare and made it feel a lot better than your average open-plan one. The apartment was spotless, and this theme continued throughout the stay as there was a regular maid service (daily, as I seem to remember. Even on a Sunday!). We dined at the hotel on the first night, and found the food to be of a high standard. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and I believe this may be a family run place? The entertainment included bingo and shows at night, which were what you'd expect. Nothing special! The pool was the perfect size, and it was cleaner every night. There were always plenty of sunloungers as well. In the daytime, there was always a darts/boules competition on. We took part on one of the afternoons, but unfortunately this was tainted due to the very large German population of the apartments. They made no attempt to be social, and it was very clear they didn't welcome us there. That was the only thing that let the holiday down, but that was in no relation to the accomodation or the staff, all of which were excellent. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay."

• Travel date: 12th July 2006

the best we have stayed in so far in gran canaria

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"we had a wonderfull time whilst staying at the vistaflor bungalows the complex itself was very clean and well kept, the entertainment was good and the staff and even the cleaners were all very pleasant.The vistaflor is well situated to both playa del ingles and maspalomas beaches a nice walk in either direction takes only 30 mins and thier are shopping centres close by ie the yumbo and the faro 2.I would book to go to the vistaflor again next year."

• Travel date: 27th March 2006

Good bungalows

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Staff: friendly, but could provide more information about Gran Canaria, attractions and buses. Pool: very big, lots of sunbeds, cleaned everyday. Bungalows: outside they are modern with good looks, inside they are simplistic, it could have more things in the kitchen like a microwave, toaster, etc.. TV is paid. Room was cleaned two in two days. Some towels need to be replaced. Restaurant / Bar: was a little bit expensive, should have promotion in drinks and food for those who go just to see the animation. Animation: everynight and only finishs at 01:00, can be disturbing for those who wants to sleep in the bungalows near the pool and bar. Internet paid (1 euro for 15 minutes, it should be cheaper). Supermarket: nice one 2 min walking. Restaurants / Shops: some 2 min walking, and mall Faro 2 is 10 min walking with several shops and restaurants. C. C. Yumbo is 15 min walking. Information for Turists: Office 5 min walking. Buses: several buses for everywhere like Palmitos Park, Aqualand, Beach. The bungalows provides free buses to the Dunas / Beach (2 to go, 2 to return). I recommend!"

• Travel date: 19th November 2005