brilliant stay

Reviewed Mon 25th of June 2012

"we stayed in these apartments at the end of may after staying the last four years at the green golf. we found it perfect,we even went out on more than one occasion leaving door open with no trouble,staff were very good even helping with wi fi problem.all in all both sandy and green golf are very good,the people from some reviews must be very unlucky, as for shop it is what you would expect from a complex shop.as for location you can find out from internet about that befor you go,no problem if you hire a car."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2012

Relaxing and Peaceful

Reviewed Sun 10th of June 2012

"We have just returned from yet another extended holiday in May. Once again, it was just so relaxing in great garden surroundings. Accomodation is ideal for two adults and one small child who can manage with a shower, rather than a bath. All staff great. Very friendly and helpful.
We saw numerous people we have seen on previous holidays, confirming its popularity for those wanting a peaceful holiday away from the 24 hour party animals. Should be more places like it. "

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2012

Relaxing and pleasant

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"We have just come back from staying at cordial sandy golf and i can honestly say it was wonderful. Rooms basic but very clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Lovely for a quiet holiday if you wanted entertainment you only had to go over the road to Cordial Green. We had a lovely stay here and would recommend it. I cant believe some of the reviews all i can say is if you want top class then stay at one of the top hotels, at the end of the day you get what you pay for. I thought it was well worth it and will be back next year. We have stayed around this area for the last 6 years and this is the best yet."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2011

Peace and Quiet

Reviewed Mon 13th of June 2011

"Just returned from another great holiday here. Friendly staff, clean accommodation, and very quiet.
Not for people who want the high life. No wonder they have such a high level of return cuustomers."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of June 2011

Paradise Lost?

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2010

"Sandy Golf is set in stunningly beautiful gardens with a large crystal clear pool. Set in consecutive rings the bungalows are comfortable and well kept, the staff attentive and helpful. There are no nearby bars or clubs and the beach is a bus (or long long walk) away. I stayed there 2 years ago and it was the perfect place to relax and unwind.
I've just returned from another 2 weeks in June 2010 and am very sorry to say I did not enjoy my holiday so much. I don't go on holiday to listen and watch other peoples badly behaved children, and Sandy Golf was, this time, like a roudy kindergarten.
So for families with kids it now may be perfect, but it was not the quiet relaxing place I remembered."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

theft

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"i spent a week in gran canaria,maspalomas and stayed in sand golf cordial the rooms were fairly tidy, the service was terrible and my personal belongings were stole during early hours of the morning i wouldnt recommend any one to go there it was truley classed as a holiday from hell.!!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of December 2009

Relaxing Holiday

Reviewed Sun 22nd of March 2009

"The main reason for writing the review is that Miss T Russell's comments concerning theft nearly put me off booking. I'm glad I didn't let them! The bungalow had a huge safe in the wardrobe, which you program with your own six digit code. I would suggest that you put anything of any value in it for your own peace of mind.

I found the bungalow to be smart, clean and comfortable. They all have patios with sunbeds and patio table and chairs as well as back yards for hanging washing.

Sandy Golf is fairly quiet at this time of year. Most of the residents seem to be middle aged Germans who, from their deep suntans, look like they live there! The swimming pool is a great leisure pool and not busy at all.

It is a good walk to the beach/sand dunes, which were crowded. I've never seen so many people walking up and down. It was like they were on a pilgrimage!

For the evening, there are a few shopping centres with bars and restaurants within walking distance but again quite a way. The bar at Green Golf was busier in the evening; the one at Sandy Golf was dead.

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of March 2009

A relaxing place

Reviewed Fri 20th of March 2009

"I have recently returned from yet another good holiday at sandy golf with my husband, 9 year old daughter and parents, this is the 4th time that I have been to Sandy Golf in the past 12 years. The bungalows have all been reburbished to a very good standard and still remain one of my favourite self catering places. I was a little disapointed that the maid service was not as good as it has been on previous occasions, and noticed that all the doors to the bungalows were very difficult to lock, could this be why there have been some break ins recently? this really is a place to go if you want a quite relaxing break, it is not really a place for children unless like my daughter they are quite happy to amuse themselves, there are mainly middle aged german people staying there, very few english, however that may be because of the exchange rate at the moment ( I would take plenty of euros, we were shocked how expensive the supermarkets were, dearer than at home - probably best to eat out, that is about the same as at home)

The reception staff were always very polite, and the pool and surrounding gardens were a perfect paradise, my daughter fell in love with all the cats and named them all, they were well looked after and would not bother you if you did not encourage them.

I would go again next winter, if the exchange rate improves.

• Travel date: Thu 19th of March 2009

I would not like to stay here again.

Reviewed Wed 3rd of December 2008

"Bungalow is not as clean as I feel it could easily have been. I found 7 cockroaches in my last week. My watch was stolen. Two maid services missed. Bedding changed once in two weeks. Beds very uncomfortable, never had a good sleep the whole time. Cats and pigeons drink from the pool. Water pressure was not good for a fews days resulting in me leaving showing full of soap. furnishings are NOT the same ason promotional pictures. I had a severe stomach upset while at the resort. Reception were helpful when needed but other than that they do not go out of the way to make you feel welcome. door to gain access to complex is not locked by other guests, perhaps they should consider another kind of lock? Only good thing was nice gardens. Also you get a lot of pigeons and cats on your patios as well as large cockroaches in the evenings."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of December 2008

Stayed at Sandy Golf for a two week brea...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"Stayed at Sandy Golf for a two week break with my partner and our 6 year old son.
Had a really lovely relaxing time. The bungalows were very clean and the gardens were immaculate. The pool was excellent-very big. Always managed to get a sunbed (although people did tend to leave their towels on them all day-not just the Germans), there were a mixture of British, Spanish and German people there and we had no problems at all. Staff all very friendly and polite.
My son fell in love with the cats, which didn't bother you unless encouraged.
There wasn't any entertainment in the evenings but there was over the road at Green Golf (the sister hotel). The mini supermarket at green golf was pricey, but handy for basics like bottled water and bread. Infact overall we found Gran Canaria to be quite expensive for most things-due to exchange rate.
Found a great pub in Grand Chaperalle shopping centre- The Windmill and Brittania (both British owned)-reasonably priced and showing football and English tv. Brittania-English food at great prices, friendly staff-especially Freddy! only a short cab ride away for about 3 euros.
Beaches were very crowded and a bit windy-wasn't over keen!!!
After reading some of the reviews, i was worried-but we hired the safe and everything was great. We really did have a lovely time. Just make sure that you take loads of spending money-because it is very expensive."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Me & my boyfriend went to the sandy golf...

Reviewed Thu 31st of July 2008

"Me & my boyfriend went to the sandy golf. We are quite a young couple and we were looking for somewhere relaxing. When we first arrived the bungalows it looked really nice and tidy and we liked it. The second day we went out and when we came back there was a maintenance man in our bungalow, which we didnt really mind but we thought that we should really have been informed that someone was going to be in there, as all our belongings were in there. There were also a few cockroaches which we killed with a spray that reception gave to us. Communication was not good at all, buses did not turn up some days at the beach and the complex catered more for germans than british people. On the day before we went home, 2 people that we had spoke to, which included our next door neighbours got robbed of their posessions and reception did not do anything to help and there was no aplology. We found this shocking and unacceptable. there were also another northern couple that we bumped into a few times in and out of the site that had also been robbed. (i think they have a review on here as well miss russel?) We heard about burglaries years ago, but we thought the problem would have been solved or security improved but this is obviously not the case, Also we are VERY lucky as one night we returned to the bungalow and the door was unlocked, we think the maid forgot to lock it. Apart from all these problems, the only thing good about this place was the bungalow itself and the BBQs on wednesdays! Everyone who got robbed thought it was the people who worked there. So unless you want to have a nice stay but have the risk of being burgaled..DO NOT GO THERE. We will never return to that place."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2008

My Mother has already placed a review on...

Reviewed Thu 17th of July 2008

"My Mother has already placed a review on here, but, now i am back from my holiday, i would like to place a review of my own, to let everybody know just how disgusted i am in both Cordial Sandy Golf, and in Jumbo Tours, and advise anybody against staying here, unless you do not mind the lack of security, and the abysmal service that Cordial Sandy Golf provide.
We were broken into within a couple of hours of leaving the complex, and it was only the recptionist and another member of staff that knew we were leaving for the day, in which we had enrtrusted our keys for safe keeping, when we reurned new keys had been added to our bunch and later removed when handed back to us, as yet we do not know what these keys were used for. On reporting our burglary to the hotel reception, we recieved no help whatsoever, they did not call the police, they gave us the advice to go to the police station ourselves, and even then they would not call us a cab to go to the police station, on Three seperate occasions, within 24 hours. we had to hail our own! I am absolutely appalled by their mannor, and i have intentions of taking legal action within more than one area of my holiday contact.

The bungalows themselves and their surroundings are absolutely beautiful, and were the nicest appartments we had ever stayed in, but DO NOT be fooled by their appearances. not all is as it seems.

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Hotels near Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf

Top traveller tips for Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf

• cavehill69 by cavehill69

"capricha round corner from sparkles showbar on the 2nd level of the yumbo does lovely food. "

• easter by easter

"Try "El Torro" in Faro2 for a great meal, huge portions and reasonably priced "

• tina.suckling by tina.suckling

"Favourite restaurants were Bali, Sorrento and Grand Italia. "

• Sheffieldtripper by Sheffieldtripper

"Used to be quiet and relaxing, now a noisy kindergarten. "

• Cleveland Fish by Cleveland Fish

"Put your feet up and relax "

• Dee by Dee

"To get Faro 2 back open as it used to be "

• Cleveland Fish by Cleveland Fish

"Try counting the different numbers of trees, shrubs and plants in the gardens. "

Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf is also called