Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf

Avda de Tjaereborg s/n, 35100, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria Spain

Lovely accommodation

Good

"The bungalows are really nice - recently refurbished so they are very clean and fresh. They offer most of the basic facilities, though electric kettles must be rented at €9 p/w (hob kettle provided) which we thought was a little mean. Rooms are cleaned daily, and the complex in general is spotless.

Snack bar by the pool is handy - pool is generally quiet and seemed very clean.

The complex is located close to the tennis centre (lovely) for those interested. It's a good walk to the beach (lovely but crowded), but a shuttle bus goes to and from a few times daily also.

Taxis are necessary to go to the centre of Maspalomas (approx €4), and overall I would recommend the Sandy Golf complex, and Maspalomas, if you want a quiet holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

fab as usual

"I returned for the second time with my husband and we where just as impressed.
Bungalows very clean with regular maid service and clean towels and bedding, reception staff very helpfull , the gentelman who was on duty a lot while we where there could not do enough to help us with any enquires we had.
Plenty of sunbed round the pool as well as on your own patio and pool water heated, no towels where allowed on sunbed to book them in advance, as this was not nessasary.
Staff in the bar/ resterant speak good english and again are very nice to all guest no matter where u come from we will be booking again for early next year.
we meet 2 young ladys staying ther after reading my last review and they also said they where enjoying there selves and would go again seems my secret place is getting popular."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of December 2007

Relaxing

"I have just got back from a week staying at the Cordial Sandy Golf. After looking at the reviews, I was not expecting much. How wrong I was! The bungalows are comfortable enough for two people and children, anymore adults and it would be a squeeze. There was a seperate bedroom, a nice compact kitchen with everything you need. A bathroom with shower, and constant very hot water. The water pressure did drop when they turned the sprinklers on at about 9.00, but it wasn't a problem for us. We had maid service and clean towels everyday. The bungalows are set in gardens and had a veranda with table and chairs and sunloungers. The pool area was lovely and relaxing, and there was lots of sun loungers available. The pool was heated. The bar and eating area were good, but there was no evening entertainment, which made it very peaceful. If you want entertainment you can use the Green Golf facilities, which is the sister hotel directly across the road (they also have a little supermarket). There is a courtesy bus during the day which picks you up outside the hotel and takes you to Playa Des Ingles or Maspalomas. Playa Des Ingles is about a 30 minute walk and Maspalomas is a 20 minute walk (3 euro in a taxi). The golf course is a 5 minute walk. There is also the Faro 2 shopping centre with shops, supermarkets, bars and lots of eating places which is a 10 minute walk. Overall I really had a relaxing enjoyable holiday, and would recommend these apartments for a relaxing, quiet, laidback or exploring holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of November 2007

Peace and privacy in beautiful garden

"My teenage son and I went for a week. What a fantastic place - I booked this bungalow based on the reviews and was not disappointed. In a week I saw 4 cockroaches, but the place is immaculately clean, and only one was inside the bungalow. No mosquitos at all. A couple of pesky flies when sunbathing. Bungalow cleaned daily by lovely maid, Maria.

Very few British families at Sandy Golf, mainly Dutch and German with quite a few gay male couples. Only heard one American and one French couple in the whole week we were in Gran Canaria.

One problem at Sandy Golf, is that reception is closed after 12 midnight. We arrived at 00.30 hrs to find the complex locked, not a soul to ask, in the dark, in a foreign country with just my son for company. The bus driver said it was just his job to deliver us. I was a bit frightened for 10 minutes until a couple returned to the complex and mentioned Green Golf up the road was owned by the same company. I left my son at the gate, and sure enough the keys were at Green Golf. There is a small torn notice at the gate of Sandy Golf telling you this, but the writing is tiny, and it is in the dark. Thomas Cook had not mentioned this in any of the travel blurb. I asked the receptionist to reprint the notice and hang it nearer the lighted window for the future. Second problem I had - the bungalows are numbered in concentric circles. We went round the complex one and a half times in the dark until we realised that number 25 was attached to bungalow 63! I would definitely consider going again."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

If your in to Relaxation this is the place

"The bungalow was clean and nicely decorated. pool was great , no problem getting a sun bed.Excellent places to eat out at the nearby Faro 2, Michelangelo (Italian) is the best of the bunch, food to die for and wonderful staff. We also went down to Maspalomas 25 minutes walk or 3.40 euros by taxi (there are plenty of them) plenty of eating places there, our favorite was a fish restaurant called El Velero Casa Antonio again great staff and very good food.
Tip: Taxis are very cheap for short rides, buses are cheaper for the longer rides."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

tranquility

Good

"Recently back from 2 weeks at sandy golf bungalows, our bungalow was clean and nicely decorated.
The maids came everyday weekday.
spent a few days by the lovely pool,where we didn't have to race for sun beds as they were plenty to go round. The bar was right next to the pool, great for a mid- afternoon beer!! barmen were very friendly.
The reception staff were very willing to help us out with any queries we had. and exchanged our travellers cheques with a small commission(2%).

We ate out most nights as the bungalow bar only served a small selection of meals. Faro 2 which is a short walk away has a large selection of restaurants, bars and shops, which are open late.
The beaches, nightclubs etc are just a 2 euro taxi trip away. A bus trip to Mogan market is a must!! (3 euros)

we would highly recommend this accommodation if you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Nice Refurbishment

Good

"We have stayed here twice before but this year we were impressed by the refurbishment. Each bungalow has been refurbished to a high standard and although they have replaced the bath with a shower this works very well. The staff have always been friendly and privacy is respected here. We love Maspalomas and have now found the ideal place to stay."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

Fab resort!

"Just home after a wonderful weeks stay at the Sandy Golf with my boyf. We booked it online 2 weeks previously using reviews on Tripadvisor as a guide and we were not disappointed. It's a quiet resort, set in lots of trees and flowers, perfect for couples wishing to relax. Very friendly staff on reception. Lovely little clean bungalows, very well kept with a patio you can sunbathe or eat on. Fan in sitting & bed rooms. Big pool where there's always plenty of sunloungers. The shopping centre is a 5 min walk away with a wide range of restaraunts, bars, amusements and shops. Lucky Lukes is a good Mexican. Michealangelo is a nice Italian. The complex runs a free bus service to the fab Maspolomas beach. I'd also recommend going back there at night to eat, especially to Grande Italia, a really good Italian restaraunt with excellent waiter service. You can wander around the shops and the prom is a nice walk. The only excursion we did was Mogan market on the Friday. Even my love of shopping was tested here. Theres a lot of junk! Very pretty marine village though. All in all a great holiday with plenty of sunshine!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Better than ever

Good

"My wife and I had stayed at the Sandy Golf Bungalows three times before our most recent visit and have always enjoyed the quiet location and spacious grounds.
We were disappointed last year when we were unable to stay there due to refurbishment but discovered that it was well worth the wait when we returned this year.
To be honest, the rooms were in need of a little brightening up and they have done an excellent job.
Ceiling fans in living area and bedroom keep things cool and adjustable canopy on the terrace is a great idea.
As always the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Faro 2 shopping center is within easy walking distance for supermarket (if you are not feeling too lazy to use supermarket at nearby Green Golf complex) and restaurants. Although, after a hard day of ray soaking, the on site restaurant serves good food and is often about as far as we manage to drag ourselves.
Liked it so much we are going back again in August."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Absolutely fantastic

"Myself and the girlfriend were unsure about what to expect when we read the reviews of this.

What I can say is that it was an absolutely fantastic time, place and country.

We stayed at the Sandy Golf apartments which were very clean, modern, and set in beautiful grounds. If you are wanting relaxation then this is the place to be. I would advise to get the safe sorted straight away but thats only 23 euros ( with a 10 euro deposit )Nice pool to have a chill out. Local shop across the road, friendly and caring staff and 2 little kittens which are just waiting to be loved!

There is the Faro2 centre which is a 5 mins walk. The restaurants there are nice. Try to find the Italian which is hidden away. The food there is exceptional, service tremendous. Outside is a massive trampoline and a crazy golf course

The location is around 10 mins from Maspolamas and 10 mins from Playa Des Ingles. Get a taxi for only around 3 euros to both places. The restaurants at Maspolamas are more cosmpolitan and you can have a beautiful look out towards the sea whilst the sun is setting. The location is so nice that I asked my girlfriend to marry me around this point.( She said 'Yes'!)

I would say to have a walk from Playa Des Ingles beach to Maspolamas but look out for the nudists. They are very proud but all is out to see.

Overall this was a fantastic first visit for us. Good for couples and young families."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

brilliant stay

"we stayed in these apartments at the end of may after staying the last four years at the green golf. we found it perfect,we even went out on more than one occasion leaving door open with no trouble,staff were very good even helping with wi fi problem.all in all both sandy and green golf are very good,the people from some reviews must be very unlucky, as for shop it is what you would expect from a complex shop.as for location you can find out from internet about that befor you go,no problem if you hire a car."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2012

Relaxing and Peaceful

Good

"We have just returned from yet another extended holiday in May. Once again, it was just so relaxing in great garden surroundings. Accomodation is ideal for two adults and one small child who can manage with a shower, rather than a bath. All staff great. Very friendly and helpful.
We saw numerous people we have seen on previous holidays, confirming its popularity for those wanting a peaceful holiday away from the 24 hour party animals. Should be more places like it. "

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2012

Hotels near Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf

Stayed at Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf

• cavehill69 by cavehill69

"capricha round corner from sparkles showbar on the 2nd level of the yumbo does lovely food. "

• easter by easter

"Try "El Torro" in Faro2 for a great meal, huge portions and reasonably priced "

• tina.suckling by tina.suckling

"Favourite restaurants were Bali, Sorrento and Grand Italia. "

• Sheffieldtripper by Sheffieldtripper

"Used to be quiet and relaxing, now a noisy kindergarten. "

• Cleveland Fish by Cleveland Fish

"Put your feet up and relax "

• Dee by Dee

"To get Faro 2 back open as it used to be "

• Cleveland Fish by Cleveland Fish

"Try counting the different numbers of trees, shrubs and plants in the gardens. "

Bungalows Cordial Sandy Golf is also called