Me and my boyfriend went to the green be...

Reviewed Sun 18th of May 2008

"Me and my boyfriend went to the green beach hotel in august 2006, it was a late deal hoilday and we had a lot of fun.

The hotel is kept very very clean and we was very impressed with the size of the hotel rooms, having a seperate bedroom and living area, also with fridge, cooker, and toaster.

The only let down was the food really. The food was very basic and what you got for dinner, you got for tea, and the same with every day. However you do not have to go all inclusive.

A lot of people we met moaned all holiday due to the food and entertainment, but with us only been young we wasnt bothered so much about the entertainment.

i would recomend this hotel to a younger audience wanting a cheap holiday in a hot country.

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

hi, me and my boyfriend stayed at the gr...

Reviewed Mon 25th of February 2008

"hi, me and my boyfriend stayed at the green beach in october 2007. we were not expecting the accomodation to be brilliant as it was very cheap, less than £600 for the two of us all inclusive for one week including flights. we had a fantastic holiday, the food was very good value, lots of fish which we both like, the room was lovely and comfortable, very clean and the views were fantastic! staff were helpful and friendly. overall we would definately recommend this hotel to anyone without children unless they like a variety of food. we noticed the menu wasnt really catered for children. "

• Travel date: Mon 25th of February 2008

I have just spent the past two weeks all...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"I have just spent the past two weeks all inc at the Green Beach apart hotel and it was fantastic, I couldn’t fault it.

I was a bit worried about some of the reviews I had read but I was so surprised.

The staff are really helpful and friendly, the hotel is spotless, and the rooms are great and cleaned every day apart from a thur and sun.

The food is as you would expect a hotel buffet to be quite a variety.
We didn’t eat at the pool bar but from the food I saw it looked nice.

Would def go back."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Just returned for 2 weeks all inc, mysel...

Reviewed Thu 16th of August 2007

"Just returned for 2 weeks all inc, myself, husband and two daughters 7 and 5 years.

The food was ok and different choices every lunch and dinner but breakfast was the same every day. We went elsewhere 3 times but only to try other places.

The pool was clean enough. The only thing that annoyed me was that the shop in the hotel sold inflatables but the security guard wouldn't allow them in the pool.

The staff were all nice and really helpful. When we arrived we were put on the 6th floor but the kids were scared of the height but they moved us no problem to a lower floor.

If you are going with kids ask for a low floor as the patio doors leading out to the balcony don't lock from the inside.

Really relaxing and really enjoyed ourselves. If you are looking for night life, Puerto Rico is a max of 4 euros in a taxi.

The Atlantis Water Park is good fun as well but my 5 year old was too small for the bigger rides.

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

I read reviews before I booked. They we...

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2007

"I read reviews before I booked. They were mixed, and I thought, well you can't please everyone.

The Green Beach Hotel has too many niggly faults, which outweigh the good, that the whole resort has to offer. I went with my 11 year old son for one week

POOL:- Guard attendant way to strict, no fun allowed, no balls, no lilos, no bombing, and my main argument with him, was my son was not allowed to wear a t-shirt in the pool to protect him from the sun. I queried this with the reception, as the warning board did not quoted NO T-SHIRTS but it seemed that each guard has its own rule.

ENTERTAINMENT:- One man and his guitar, every night, singing the same old country songs.

HOTEL REPS:- They came around for the kids twice a day, rubbish games for kids, Board games, darts, bingo (yawn).. for an 11 year old

POOL SIDE BAR: Pizzas, burgers etc were to be supplied at 11am, cooking this was always late, and was never enough to go around. You had to wait and queue, to make sure you didn't miss out

FOOD:- First day thought, this looks good, but each day was the same - not appealing when on holiday.

WEEKENDS:- Spanish own many rooms on ground floor, and use these holiday flats every weekend- large families take over the hotel, and hog the sunbeds

Overall review: Lovely area, lovely beeches, DO NOT STAY at this hotel, stay in ANFI

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

We - me, 18 years old and my parents, vi...

Reviewed Fri 29th of December 2006

"We - me, 18 years old and my parents, visited Green Beach in November 2006.

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel, and we have already booked a trip at Green Beach for next year.

The rooms we have stayed in have been very clean and nice, towels changed every day and the cleaning overall was great and the 'cleaning staff' were very nice.

The hotel has a 5stars restaurant at the 9th floor, with a fantastic view, gorgeous dishes and nice staff. They are always willing to help and have a smile on their faces all the time.

A big balcony at the end of the restaurant, from where you can see the ocean, the sunset, the Patalavaca beach and Anfi beach.

The pool bar is great, they serve hamburgers, pizza, salads, pasta, baked potatoes and similar dishes. The staff here is also very nice and funny. We have got to know them and they are great.

The pool area is big, with many sunbeds and a big pool. Every morning we could see a man from our balcony, cleaning the pool for 1½ hour, and we were very impressed. Every morning he waved and said "Ola!" with a big smile on his face.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Patalavaca beach, a beautiful beach with dark volcano sand. The store in the hotel has got everything you need and the staff in the reception was available 24/7.

We felt very safe and we were VERY satisfied with our week at the Green Beach hotel.

The hotel may not be perfect for kids, they have a playground for kids and a small pool, and that's about it.

If you are travelling to Gran Canaria to party and stay up all night long, don't choose Green Beach. Well, the Party town Puerto Rico is only 5 minutes with car from Arguinegúin.

But if you are looking for a calm and quiet vacation, this is the hotel for you. At least we love it, it's the greatest ever. "

• Travel date: Fri 29th of December 2006

We went to green beach for a 2 week all...

Reviewed Thu 28th of September 2006

"We went to green beach for a 2 week all inclusive holiday on 17th July. I went with my partner and my 13 year old son. What a disaster. I needed another holiday to get over it! We arrived at about midnight and we were one of the last drop offs, the hotels that we dropped the other holiday makers at seemed to be of very poor standard and some stuck in the middle of nowhere, so when we arrived at green beach, we thought we had struck it lucky. How wrong we were.

The rooms are of poor standard, but with the magnificent views that I awoke to on that first morning, I thought I would be able to cope. However, the standard of the room was the least of my worries, in fact I spent a lot of time in there because it was just far too stressful to leave the room most days, so I didn’t.

The food (if you can call it that) was so bad I called it the indescribables. You just did not know what you were eating most of the time, everything tasted of fish (I hate fish) and on one occasion I bit into a chicken croquet and it was frozen solid. I had a severe stomach bug most nights from the dodgy food. In the end I lived off the somewhat stale bread rolls. The staff (don’t get me started!) were rude arrogant, aggressive and generally of no help whatsoever. The waiter at the pool bar did not smile once, and limited the amount of drinks you could have.

The waiters in the restaurant looked miserable, shuffling around from table to table, and if asked what dishes were on offer, would shrug and disappear, never to been seen again, and the guys on reception didn’t have a clue about anything. The bar closed at 11pm every night, however if you were willing to pay for a drink after 11pm then that was fine?! You could go out on to the big balcony that was next to the restaurant for a cigarette and you were allowed to take your drink with you, however you were not allowed to sit down out there, as they told us that they don’t have a license for that?!

The hotel is very Spanish orientated, everything seems geared for the Spanish holidaymaker (there are many of them). The "entertainment" team consisted of 1 Spanish girl, who, on occasion walked around the pool speaking in Spanish to the Spanish kids and then proceeded to get a cup and a ping pong ball. The kids then had to drop the ball on to the floor and catch it in the cup. Not very entertaining for a 13 year old boy who does not speak Spanish.

My son obviously got bored. He was not allowed to do anything without the security guard yelling at him aggressively in Spanish. There was absolutely nothing for teenagers to do, they could not play with a ball, they could not have any inflatables in the pool, basically what they wanted the kids to do was sit quietly next to their parents. These rules only applied to the British kids. If any Spanish kids had balls or inflatables then the security guard would turn a blind eye, only fuelling my temper.

We tried on many occasion to complain to our rep but amazingly he rarely showed his face, he probably knew the problems that would be facing if he did show. On his day off, an alternative rep came at the correct time. Word spread like wildfire that there was a rep in the hotel and it was like a mass exodus from the pool area to see her. I did feel for her, as she was hit with a barrage of problems. She left (taking contact numbers) stating it would all be investigated and that someone would be coming to the hotel to check out the many problems and that her manager would be contacting us. We never received that phone call.

We ended up walking out of the hotel after 1 week because we could not stand it anymore. We booked into a fantastic hotel across the bay and had a week of pure luxury and peace and quiet, and we are going back again next year.

If you are British with kids and you are after an all inclusive holiday, do not go to the Green Beach hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

Just come back from weeks all inclusive...

Reviewed Tue 19th of September 2006

"Just come back from weeks all inclusive at the Green Beach. I read a couple of reviews before going and was quite concerned as most people gave poor reviews. Was mostly very impressed with the hotel. The only let down was the food available for all inclusive at the pool bar. Found the food in the restaurant very tasty, my partner wasn’t impressed but is a fussy eater at the best of times!!! Found most of the staff polite and helpful when needed and we would definitely go back there again."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

My boyfriend and I booked a 5 night stay...

Reviewed Mon 4th of September 2006

"My boyfriend and I booked a 5 night stay at the Green Beach Hotel in May 2006.

We really enjoyed the holiday overall. The receptionist was very friendly and, although her English wasn't too good, did her best to explain the all inclusive package to us (even arranging a packed lunch when we went on a day trip to the water park!). They also called taxis for you if you wished to travel into the main resort of Puerto Rico which usually cost around 5 euros.

We stayed on the seventh floor and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful room. We had a very clean and spacious bathroom with towels replaced every couple of days, along with a kitchenette, dining table and chairs and combined lounge area. The balcony looked out onto the beach and we spent a few nights just listening to the waves which was very relaxing!

The food was good compared to some reviews I have read on other similarly priced all inclusive hotels.

Breakfast consisted of cereals, fruits, bacon, sausage, fried or scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and pancakes served with tea and coffee. Lunch was usually salad, meat or fish, pasta and potato croquettes or chips. Dinner was quite similar but they also had different dishes like Canarian potatoes, stews or curries with desserts like cake, jelly and ice cream. The bar snacks were available for the afternoon with things like hot dogs, burgers or chips available on request. They also left cakes out during the day too, which went a bit stale, but apart from that everything was great.

The entertainment is great for children although they also had things for the adults like music quizzes, bingo and cabaret/magic shows which were good too.

The all inclusive bar included the usual; beer, wine, local spirits, juice and sangria. Only thing was the bar closed at 11 pm which was quite early!

The pool area itself was very clean and well looked after with plenty of sun loungers in various areas so you can catch the sun at any time of the day! Guests are provided with a key which enables you to access the adjacent beach a lot quicker too!

Our only real problem was that we were not told our return flight had been changed from the evening to early morning. We found out by chance and, unfortunately, our rep was nowhere to be found when we went to clarify the situation with her. Instead we had to call several different numbers speaking to a very rude, English, assistant who didn't seem very apologetic for the company's error or entirely keen to help, which was a bit of a disappointment. Another couple found out purely by seeing us waiting on the coach with our luggage and they had only 10 minutes to pack everything up!

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Green Beach Hotel - the food was good, the rooms were clean and well laid out, the views were amazing and the staff were pleasant. We were not put off by the return home experience and are looking to book again soon!

• Travel date: Mon 4th of September 2006

Just come back on 7th Aug from a 2 week...

Reviewed Tue 15th of August 2006

"Just come back on 7th Aug from a 2 week all inclusive holiday with my husband, 15 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son and we're extremely disappointed. The facilities are rubbish, the food is rubbish and the staff are rude and arrogant. Activities in the day are rare or you can play table tennis if your lucky, and there's one pool table and a little park for small children, that’s it apart from the pool which your only allowed to swim in, if your caught larking about or playing on inflatables your out.

I'm also very dubious about the cleanliness of that pool, because a couple of times we saw scum floating around. None of the staff are friendly or helpful, apart from one waiter who was the only one in the hotel that made a bit of effort. The barman at the pool bar would crack his face if he ever smiles and if you ask for more than 2 drinks they refuse or give you dirty looks because they think you’re getting them for the self catering people. Some of the shows are good but 2 nights a week there's nothing on and every night the bar shuts at 11 and they turn the lights off so you have to go to your room and if you want to watch TV that’s an extra 1 euro per hour.

The entertainment and restaurant is on the ninth floor with windows open and balconies so you can't possibly relax with young children, in fact everywhere you look there are huge death drops, ok so the views are gorgeous but its not a safe place for children. The food is a disgrace, their idea of a salad is the left over sprouts and lettuce mixed together with some other slops, there’s nothing for kids except cold pasta or fries, they put the same things out every day. I was lucky enough to get a chicken curry one day in the 2 weeks and that was the nicest meal I had and all the kids thought is was their birthday when they had bananas for one day.

The snack bar is also a disgrace, they put a few cold hotdogs or butties on the end of the bar at 12 o’clock and some Madeira cake out at 4 o’clock. This hotel is also full of Spanish holiday makers who haven't got an ounce of manners between them. I wouldn’t even recommend this hotel for self catering, their sister hotel in Puerto Rico is 10 times better, its called the Tarraza Mar, we went there for 2 evenings of entertainment, when there was nothing on in our hotel, the manager even gave us a round of drinks on the house when he heard how disappointed we were with Green beach.

There's a kids club and a shades the shark character, they’ve got several swimming pools, pool tables, massive TV screen for blokes to watch sport and entertainment every night and you can actually stay up late if you want to. So if I ever go back to Gran Canaria I know where I’ll be staying."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

Just got back from a bargain of a holida...

Reviewed Thu 22nd of June 2006

"Just got back from a bargain of a holiday from direct holidays. Allocated on arrival in Gran Canaria at the green beach aparthotel in Patalavaca, a 10 minute walk from Arguineguin and a 5 minute (4 euro) taxi ride into Puerto Rico.

Apartments were basic but clean and well maintained. Massive pool area, loads of sun beds - also loads of Germans but even with sun bed reserving still loads to go round and in the spirit of the world cup everyone was very friendly. Large pool bar serving drinks and snacks (a bit pricey if you are self catering like me but decent if all inclusive) and a TV for the footie which the Spanish staff even let us watch with English commentary.

The apartments are right next to the sea with a couple of lovely small sandy coves within a short walk (you can see the beach from your balcony). A bit further round is the gorgeous manmade Anfi beach - white sand. The fitter among you could walk otherwise it is 2-3 euros in a cab- well worth a visit but avoid the weekend when it is packed with locals. The Green Beach was a pretty decent aparthotel for what we paid and i would score it 7 out of 10.

The one negative is that the food in the hotel restaurant was poor and you had to feel for the people who had gone all inclusive. So stick to self catering, cab into Puerto Rico for dinner and nightlife and in the day relax by the pool or beach in this above average apartment complex."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006