TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura

Avda. de los Pueblos, n. 1 Urbanizacion Esquinzo Butihondo, 35626 Morro del Jable, Pajara, Fuerteventura Spain

1943
Good

An Extremely Im-Personal Complex...............

Good

"Stayed for the first week in Aug and found the facilities (Sports & Activities) available excellent. The quality of food and drinks was of "GOOD" quality, although personally found that the main " MAGICO" restaraunt got extremely busy of an evening, bearing in mind that the complex was just over 50% occupancy.
The kids club (3-6 yr olds) although ran throughout most of the day, I personally think that the British being the minoritory tend to get left out (Thomson Holidays need to address this ). The Animation team of an evening I think were there on a " JOLLY".
As with previous reports the pool areas are very good, but as a complex we found it very "IM-PERSONAL" and would not return."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2010

great hotel fantastic food

"We travelled with our daughter son in-law and two young children age 4yrs & 15 months we are both over 60, but we were all catered for. The only thing that we did not like was the wind! and this was not the fault of the hotel only mother nature. The food was excellent in both of the the main reasturant's, the bookable, restaurants we were not so impressed with but ,as the food in the main ones was so good it was not a problem, the staff throughout the hotel were excellent.. The pool area was excellent and the cleanliness everywhere was superb,There is also a spa which we did not use unfortunately as we felt it was a little expensive ans ther was plenty to so anyway. We stayed in the lodge and was more than pleased with our accomodation, we did have a problem with our accomodation not being what we beleived we had booked but, this was not down to the hotel yet, we have to say that eventualy the management came up trumps, and we would like to offer up our thanks to them for making our holiday special. if you want great food, and lots of pools and an unbelievable activity progamme, with a beach just a short distance down some steps, (yet along with all this the hotel was very relaxing,) then i would recommend this hotel,but dont forget your gym kit!. I would definately go to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

An immaculately clean hotel with excellent food.....

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for 12 days during July. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our rooms- we had one and our three kids shared one- even this room with three beds in was spacious. They were cleaned every day and to a very high standard. One word of caution though. The air conditioning is not up to much anywhere in the resort and if you are used to American style temperatures in the rooms, be warned. Our kids did suffer a little with heat rash but soon got used to the weather. The food was amazing. We did not bother with any of the themed restaurants as the buffet food was so good. There was food there which kept all of us very happy. The cocktail bar in reception is worth trying- the mojito's are very refreshing!!
I would however echo other reviews in terms of both the entertainment and the fact that this is mainly a German resort. We walked out of the theatre one night after a couple of minutes of viewing one of their "shows". It made us cringe. There are extensive facilities but again we struggled because everything appeared to be focused around other nationalities apart from us.
The main pool is large and we never had any trouble getting sunbeds provided you got your towel there for around 0930! I can highly recommend going down to the beach where the sea is wonderful with quite strong waves. Watch the steps down as they are uneven and good exercise on the way back up!
We did use the bus service to Jandia, but beware that on Market day- Thurs it is packed and you will not get on it ( the market is not worth going to in any case)
Overall, providing that you are prepared to create your own amusement and be fairly self contained, this is an excellent resort."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of August 2010

Lovely hotel which offeres great service

Good

"Just returned from this hotel was a bit shocked to be told on checking in our room was in block 10!!!! and was given a map to show us the way I felt I was back in a very nice Butlins!!! However when we found the room we were pleasatanly surprised that the room was spacious with a large balcony which had 2 sunbeds. Food at the main buffet was really good and caterered for everyone all was being cooked fresh. The only thing I think that let the hotel down was the lack of entertainment in the evening which was mainly dance shows done by the entertainment team. If you like to have a stroll outside the hotel this is not the place to go as there is nothing outside the hotel but there is a good bus service that stops outside of the hotel every half an hour from 6.30 am till 10.30pm into Jandia all in all we had a nice time although the weather was very windy for 2 days."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of August 2010

Fantastic value

"After reading some of the reviews, I was dreading a poor week as this was my wife's 50th birthday surprise. However, we were not disappointed. The staff were excellent, the food (in the main) was some of the best I have enjoyed and the resort was absolutely spotless. My only advice to other travellers is that if you love your food, then stick with the buffet hall; this was by far the best buffet service that I've enjoyed in nearly 40 years of travelling, including 5 star cruises. The only let down was the speciality restaurants where the food was not up to scratch and that was a similar comment among other guests. The buffet had more choices than you could imagine and different on every day, the breakfasts lunch and dinner would have had something for everyone - everything from any number of vegetarian dishes to Asian, Mediterranean, Spanish, Italian, Greek - even British. Nightlife usually had a show or a function in the main bar and a disco bar for those who wanted it - and midnight food as well. There was no shortage of sunbeds and the Germans that we met were all pleasant. There are steep steps on to the beach, but then as long a walk as you could wish for and a Champagne Sangria (novel) at Emilio's if you fancied it. The pool too was spotless and cleaned every day and it would have been at least 150 mtrs long and never too busy. Rooms are basic but try and upgrade to a sea view (at nil cost) well before your trip, the view was spectacular. We will keep this little gem in our back pockets for another time."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of July 2010

Good hotel but definatly not worth the 5T that Thomson give it!

"Our family and some friends have just returned from 11 nights at Club Magic Life and to be honest were a little disappointed, particularly as Thomson rate it as 5T and a Platinum Hotel. When we arrived at half past 10 at night, our rooms were located in the furthest block in the hotel and on entering our rooms, realised there were no cots for the 2 infants we had (one only 4 months old). The reception girl had said there were cots in the rooms when we checked in so clearly this had not been checked. Also I had phoned Thomson twice in the week before we went to check that there would be cots in the rooms, knowing that we were going to be arriving late at night, and they assured me there would be. I had also requested a kettle for sterilising and making our baby's bottles up and that was also not in the room. The staff did get the cots and kettle to us quickly but this was after we had got rather cross! The food was excellent - buffet restaurant has a huge variety of food and has different themes every night. We didn't try the other restaurants. Sandwich bar by the pool was great too and we drank many cocktails which were rather strong! The children used the early dinner option at 6.30pm which again was great. The most disappointing thing about the hotel was the swimming pools. They were all freezing. Our 3 year old would play in the water all day ,every day, however after 20 mins he was cold and had to sit on a lounger wrapped in towels. Needless to say we only dipped our 4 month old toes in the water. Don't go to this hotel if you are hoping to use the pools lots - the mangement are going to have to do something about this to keep customers. The hotel has mainly german customers and you could feel rather isolated by this. This was not mentioned to us when booking. I felt that my son would not enjoy the kids club because he would have been one of the only british children. The kids playground was not available for the 1st week due to a new spongy surface being laid - again we only found this out when we went to use it and couldn't.
We had a lovely relaxing holiday but quite a few things let Thomson down and the hotel. We won't be going here again."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of June 2010

Good hotel but not quite what Thomson website shows

Good

"Stayed here 16/06/10-09/06/10. We booked from the Thomson website having closely looked at the photos of rooms etc. I must state here that overall the holiday was lovely, but it is Thomson who feature photographs on their website of rooms, pool areas and a lobby area that are part of the 'private lodge', which is not something booking as a Thomson guest you have any access to. Consequently we were dissappointed on arrival to have a small, clean but very basic and old fashioned room not resembling the website photo. We took 2 children, aged 4 & 1 and on arrival there were no beds for the infants and when the maid brought them there was just no space left at all. The rooms are a 3-4* max. HOWEVER, it is important to note that the hotel staff were very helpful. The thomoson rep is a 'rep on demand' service which means you don't see one unless you call, we had to call the UK to see one!. Chloe Bryon the rep who we eventually saw was exceptionally helpful and understanding and agreed about the rooms, she moved heaven and earth for us. I feel that it is Thomson over rating this hotel.
The food is exceptional, a huge choice and all very fresh and hot. The al a carte restaurants are a let down though, the buffet restaurant is better. There is a nice restaurant that opens at lunch that does pizza and is a change of scenery. There is no beer in the mini bar and no international brands so I would not say it was a platinum all inclusive, but I was happy with the food and drinks offered. The animation team are good but most things are german orientated. The guests who are mainly german, were very courteous and friendly. The hotel is really geared up for fitness, loads to do if you dare to pack your trainers! The beach is rocky and you feel like a mountain goat getting down to it but its worth the hike. The hotel is remote from the town but there is a bus service outside the hotel. The kids club needs a bit of a refurb, the playground was out of bounds during our stay due to a new cushion floor going down, the kids club staff were lovely and multi-lingual but my 4yr old was often isolated as the only brit, our second week was better during half term when more brits arrived. The hotel is great, it was shocked to learn that Thomson gave it 5T, if you knew what you were getting you wouldn't be dissapointed, Thomson should re-grade to a 4T and show rooms, no-one would have any reason to feel dissapointed that way. Oh, and its windy, we now know that Fuerteventura means strong winds."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2010

Excellent service, food and location

"I stayed here with my husband for a week, first time all inclusive and we were not disappointed, from cocktails on arrival, to excellent food and drink 24 hours a day. Great location if you liked exploring local beaches and plenty of activities on offer. Not many English, mainly German but that didn't bother us. If you book with Thomson, don't expect a rep on site, however, the staff were very friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of May 2010

One week exclusive relaxation

"Spend a week with my husband and our children (4 & 5 years old) a week before Christmas. Relaxation couln't be better. Wonderful heated pool that suited small children and adults. A team that entertained you 24/7 it feeled like. Childrens club for the kids. Many activities if you like. Scenery so relaxing and wonderful food. Probably gained some kilos during this week. Can't find anything at this place to complain about!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

Improved with new management

"I have previously given a review over Occidental Grand which I visited october 2008. It was then obvious that the management had given up on the hotel. It is nice to see that Magic Life (part of TUI) has given new life to this hotel, and has ambitions to be the best hotel in the area.

We booked the private lodge part of the hotel (Royal Club) and was informed that the reception and restaurant part of this separate hotel was cancelled over the christmas and new years holiday and we were of course disappointed over this. We could however soon discover that the food and other arrangements had improved vastly since last time änd the loss of the Tindaya restaurant and private reception was no loss at all.

The staff has very hig ambitions and the maintainance and cleaning is ongoing 24-7. The food is the best all-inclusive I have ever had, having quite a few hotels to compare with. A new theme every night in a rolling 14 day schedule means that most people will eat differently every night. The gala dinner at new years eve included everything you could imagine and of course lobster.

I have nothing bad to review of this hotel and think that if they can keep up this standard permanently, they will be the best alternative in Jandia/Morro Jable, even in comparison with the Princess hotels."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of January 2010

Great Hotel but..............

Good

"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Club Magic Life until the waiter hustled me into buying a Baileys and charging me £5 euros when checking out. The money wasn't the issue. All week I had been drinking the hotels version of Baileys which was free & one night the bartender starting speaking to me in Spanish, I didn't understand what he was saying apart from the word special, I thought he was saying I am special, the next minute he pours me a drink of Baileys the official bottle. I thought, that was nice of him, next minute he is writing a receipt asking me to sign. The bar was full and I felt embarrassed as I didn't have £5 euros on me, I just nipped out from my room to get a drink for me and my girlfriend. I asked for a
Brandy and Lemonade and a baileys (hotel version) and got a vodka and lemonade and charged for a baileys. When we checked out the women on the reception counter wasn't very professional and was getting into it with my girlfriend even though I got a bottle of champagne and an apology note when I reported the incident the next day. We thought it got squashed but the staff on the counter wasn't having it and asked us to prove that the letter was related to the charged Baileys the night before. In the end I just paid the £5 euros as it wasn't about the money more the principal. One guy who looks like Andy Garcia was excellent and I know if he was on the counter the problem would of got solved, the women wasn't very pleasant which is why I am scoring 8/10. Please ensure bar staff can speak a little bit of English to avoid incidents like this happening again. All inclusive means free so why have drinks you charge your customers? Does make sense if you have been pouring free Baileys lookalike drinks all week. Also, please get an ATM machine so your guests don't have to trespass into other hotels to get money out from the bank. Move with the times! Other than that, food was great, no complaints there, staff very friendly and helpful until something goes wrong. We were given a heater and an ironing board which was well appreciated. I wish I got the Andy Garcia lookalikes name as he was great and works in the day time."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of January 2016

This is not a 5 star 3+ or 4 max at the most

"This is not a 5 star hotel, 4 star maybe but there are no international drinks, and the a la carte restaurants are very disappointing in both food & service. The main restaurants food is plentiful but not good quality and beware there is a nudist area/spa in the hotel.

The hotel is made up of 20 odd blocks and block 19 room 19108 was our room and to our shock on going onto the balcony 10feet below us men & women were all naked. We are not prudes but it was very uncomfortable and embarrassing and stopped us sitting out or admiring the sea view as they just looked at you. Some people might find it funny but although we requested an immediate move we only had 2 days left before Thompson/First choice could offer a swap. The delay they said was that so many people had asked to move rooms. A lot of the sea view rooms are situated in 3 storey blocks down the cliff edge. The ceiling of the top storey is ground level where you sunbath around the pool, stairs and lifts go down the cliff for access to the rooms. A steep sloping bank with scub vegetation on it leads down from the ground level to 3 floors down which is quite a dark and uninviting and because you are then very close to the sea the rooms were very noisy with the breaking sea.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of January 2012

Hotels near TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura

Stayed at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura

• sunshine by sunshine

"Get a pool/sea view. Do not stay in block 19 room 19108 as you are 10ft above the nudist spa as they are in your face "

• Markus G by Markus G

"Deal with the men on reception as the women are rude. "

TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura is also called