view from room

Good

just OK

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"we have just returned from a weeks stay at la piramide apart/hotel in fuerteventura.the complex is less than ten mins from the airport so only a short transfer (about 12euros in a taxi).the apartments are in an area called nuevo horizonte which is undergoing redevelopment.we were a half hour walk along the coast into calleta de fuste or a 4euro taxi ride.the apartments were suffice to say the least and with free television.we were all inclusive so got free bottled water too!!the choice of food was minimal but okay considering what we had paid.our only gripe was trying to get a couple of drinks on the table at 10pm(before the A.I. finished).the barmen were so determined not to allow you anymore than what you were already drinking and had loads of excuses for not serving you any??I could have understood if we had drank loads or were becoming rowdy but we were a group of adults who just wanted what we had paid for as there was no entertainment in the bar to keep us occupied after 10pm!!in the end we resorted to having a drink in our apartments that we had purchased from the local supermarket.other than that we had a good time and the weather was good too.we will probably return to fuerteventura but not stay at la piramide again."

• Travel date: 17th November 2007

Great value for money

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Stayed all inclusive and although some days the choice of food was not great there was normally something to satisfy. Not very good for those who wanted simple British cooking as some days they would have superb Paella or canarian potatoes with Moho sauce (loads of chilli and garlic). A bar called Mustang Sallys was close by if nothing appealed which offered good value "pub grub" (fillet steak 10.95 Euros). Drinks were from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, but although a little early finish this gave ample time to consume more than enough alcohol. Apartments and common areas a little tired, but found staff to be friendly and obliging. During our 2 week stay there was a 50/50 split Brits and Spanish. Resort quiet, but a gentle walk or free bus into Calleta which has a nice beach and some good shops in the Atlantico centre. Car hire very cheap for those wishing to explore further afield. Booked through Travel Republic and at the price was happy with facilities on a b & b basis so the food and drink were a bonus!"

• Travel date: 27th October 2007

Had a great time

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"My partner and i like most people,read the reviews after booking.But despite the hotel being a bit tired,lacking some staff,not having enough cutlery at times,we had a great time.The food wasn't the best we have ever had,but we rarely ate anywhere else.There was always a choice to be had and some days it was very good.At the end of the day you get what you pay for,it wasn't 4 star but we didn't pay 4 star money.The location was a litle out of the way,but taxi's were cheap,as was the local bus service.The area around the hotel was being developed,hence the building site.The hotel was in need of some refurbishment,but our room was clean,the pool was ok,if a little cold.The poolside bar was where everyone gathered to swap stories.The entertainment was none existant,but didn't bother us as we made our own and had a laugh with other guests.Mustang Sally's was a short walk away,with food,entertainment on every night.This was where some of the guests spent their evenings.A good place to chill out and a good base to explore the rest of the island.If you want luxury don't go to this hotel.If you want relaxed,friendly and most of all cheap,this is the place to go."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2007

What a disgrace

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"I don't know if the person who was also there in August was actually at the same resort. This was the worest accommodation I have ever stayed in and the previous bad reviews were correct. Unfortunately I had not read them until I had booked, so more fool me. On arrival you think it looks ok but then you discover the truth. We went All Inclusive but you have to pay for drinks after 10pm? , no snacks available and meals are three set times over the day. No entertainment unless you like football or loud music. Because its soo bad everyone goes out elsewhere. Restaurant was disgraceful, never enough cutlery, plates, tea cups etc you even have to take your own dirty plates etc to the kitchen hatch. No signs (or staff) to tell you what the food was, scary! Poor food choices, sometimes they ran out of ice cream the only desert if you don't want melon!! Beds changed day before we left? towels twice in the week. We got locked out of our safe before going out one night and had no money. We had no offer of help and had to stay in hotel that night as hotel staff not trained or allowed to open them. Had to wait till 10:15 next day for it to be opened, by way water also went off that same night so washed in botted water. Could be a good resort if better managed and they improved their all inclusive service. We were told there was a new English Manager so had improved. He's either left or on holiday somewhere better cause we never laid eyes on him. Believe the reviews, don't take the chance it's not worth it."

• Travel date: 14th October 2007

Amazing holiday!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Just come back from staying in la piramides for a week with my 2 friends....read a few reviews before came out so wasnt too sure what it was going to be like as this place has alot of mixed reveiws but i had a fantastic time!! The apartments were alot more than expected and overall it was an amazing holiday i'd definately go back again!"

• Travel date: 1st August 2007

glad to behome

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"we have just returned home from le piramide apartments. Nearly everything i read was true. The apartments were ok apart from the ants.The staff were friendly and helpful.Our rooms were cleaned every day, the cleaning ladies were fantastic to my grandaughter who is 20 months.We paid to go all inclusive but we ate out apart from breakfast. The food in my opinion was awful.The gym was a disgrace and should be turned Into something else.Every where you looked outside there was building work going on.There is hardly anything to do here so if your looking for a bit of adventure this is not the place for you.We couldnt even find a crazy golf for the kids. Take good walking shoes because you will need them. I would not go back again."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2007

You could say its an experience!!!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Well we went to La Piramide on the 10 July 07 and to be honest I read the reports before I went, so I was terrified that I booked such a horrible place.... But when we got there, the place wasn’t great by any means but it isn’t as bad as what the reports say.... Well to start they was ants all over our room so we was not happy!! I’ve came home with a few bites!! But if it hadn’t of been for that for, The room would have been fine.... You get what you pay for! The pool was lovely and the reception also looks lovely! But as for entertainment well you at a bit of a lose end there cause you have 1 bloke the sang twice a week and he was all that bad its just you couldn’t see him because the middle of the pyramid (your know what I mean if when you see it). Also we went all inclusive but we was not impressed they would only let you have drinks on the all inclusive until 10pm then you had to pay???? Also the food it done at regular times in the day 9-10am Breakfast, 2-3pm Lunch, 6-7pm Dinner, no snacks in between!!! To be honest we won't be going back!! but for a week it manageable."

• Travel date: 20th July 2007

Aw!!! Don't be awful!! It was fine!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Myself and my 2 sisters who are all in our twenties went for 2 weeks on a last minute deal. We had limited funds, so went self catering and we thought our stay was fine. It was a bit out of the way, but if you go on the basis that you are not going to sit on ur fat ass everyday, and go and enjoy the scenery and all that the place has to offer then you would see that it is a nice, pleasant place to stay. The weather was absolutely gorgeous all the time we were there, the staff were really friendly and we had many a night having a little disco or a pool tournament with them all. We didn't go with any preconceptions, (it was £163 quid each - self catering) and we just went to have a good time. We thought it was top and would probably appeal to young people who know that it is the people you are with that make the holiday, not where you are or how much you have paid. The coast was beautiful and YES very windy....duh...its the coast line, but it was a good cooling aid when we had been sight seeing all day. There was a robbery while we were there, and there was a leak in our room so we had to be moved, but this is life guys deal with it. None of the staff spoke much English, but i didn't see anyone trying to speak Spanish with them! A lot of people there turned their noses up at the staff, but friendliness is a friend magnet. We were friendly and polite and in return we had a really good time with all the staff. Yes the pool was cold, but we were thankful because the weather was sooooo hot! This resort isn't as bad as everyone is saying, its not 5 star but it really isn't trying to be either. On the whole a really nice holiday was had by all us siblings because we are not afraid to make our own fun!!! This place has character ha ha !!!"

• Travel date: 24th June 2007

More like Faulty Towers!!!!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"3 Days before going to La Pirimide I happened to stumble accross this web site purely by accident and to say I was horrified of what I read was an understatement, it was too late to change and myself and my partner hoped it wasnt going to be as bad as the reports,but oh yes it was! Luckily for us we were self catering, this included 1 hob 1 fridge and plenty of ants.There are no snack bars on site and the supermarker attached to the hotel had bear shelves and the nearest decent supermarket was a 3 mile walk.The 3 mile consisted of walking through a on going building work until you got to the coastul path which was nice but very very windy. The view of the hotel on the site I booked it with was one of the reasons why we booked La Pirimide and when you get there it does look very pretty but looks can be decieving and if you ventured into the swimming pool I think you would actually die! The staff.... what can i say..the Receptionist stroke Bar woman (Christina) was the most unhelpful person I have ever come across, she tutted and moaned on several occasions when asked a simple question.Basically if its not between 9-2pm and 6-9pm then do not approach this woman.SHe has work to do!! or so she kept saying.When I go on holiday I do not expect to have to deal with this kind of attitude, this was our week to relax and chill out .Myself and my partner have never been on a holiday and complained, we just get on with our holiday and if theres little things like ants or the fact that the apartment was only cleaned once out of 7 days as the cleaners need your key becasue they have none of there own we would put up with it and not let it ruin our holiday, but when some one is so rude and ignorant I feel its our duty. The location of this hotel is not suitable for familes, of an evening the surrouding area is not lit up and and there is a lot of waste ground and i myself didnt didnt feel safe,it was like a seen out of hills have eyes. The good points.. sunbeds outside your apartment.Chipmunks on your 3 miles trek to the nearest town. La Fuste was very nice had lots of nice places to eat, taxi service was excellant and cheap(if it wasnt for the taxi's I think my legs would have snapped)."

• Travel date: 1st April 2007

Not as bas as reports say

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Dates of holiday 28th February - 14th March 2007 Kane family from swansea (4 adults and one child aged 22 months) Having just returned from a two week all inclusive stay at La Piramide we can say that it was an experience! Apart from the building site adjacent to the hotel and the fact that we were miles away from any civilisation it was actually a very relaxing holiday. The food on the other hand was not as good as we had expected with chips being served with every meal! Breakfast was more than average with plenty of choice but that is where the choice ended. Evening meal was awful, fine if you like cold fish and pork and chips of course, but otherwise dreadful. The hotel is clearly very under staffed, but the staff that were on hand were all very pleasant and helpful especially Avid the Morrocan bar man without him the place would fall apart! Entertainment - what entertainment? The nights were absolutely terrible. But overall it was excellent value for the money we paid and by the time you have had loads of drinks in your all inclusive anything is entertaining. It was after all a cheap and cheerful holiday and we would only say try it for value."

• Travel date: 18th March 2007

Hotels near Aparthotel Horizonte Bay

Aparthotel Horizonte Bay is also called

• la piramide hotel fustes
  • la piramide fustes