We had two weeks here as our wedding pre...

Reviewed Mon 30th of April 2007

"We had two weeks here as our wedding present we took our 2year old with us.

We just can’t fault it.

The 3 pools - the larger one we found far too cold but the middle one was fine, we were told it was heated it was definitely warmer than the bigger pool but still quite cold but if you kept on the move there was no problem my son was in and out constantly.

The children’s pool was great as we could just stick his arm bands on and keep a close eye on him without getting in with him. They were salt water pools which can sting your eyes bit but much nicer than chlorine and did the world of good for my sons eczema.

Entertainment in day time was great, my husband took part in water polo, football and volleyball I had such fun just watching them all but be warned Chris (sports rep) cheats.

Although my son was not old enough for the kids club they all still managed to make time for him and have abit of a play.

The kid’s reps Chris, Renee and Bridget were so easy going especially as the kids threw them in the pool at least twice a day.

Evening entertainment was great with a mini disco first, bingo and then a show - put on by the staff we saw them do grease and sister act, or someone would come in to do horseracing, acrobatics, electric guitar etc.

The staff put so much effort into their performances, they had us in stitches constantly.

We were all inclusive so we had breakfast; dinner and tea included then snacks between 3.30 and 4.30pm and all drinks included. Alcoholic drinks were included and they did kids cocktails too.

The food was good, I’m a fussy eater but had no problem here, and my son had a bit of everything the only thing we found was towards the end of the second week we really had had enough as the food options repeat their selves throughout the week.

The room was lovely all very posh looking it had everything we needed and was very clean. Although all inclusive we still had a kettle and a small range of cutlery and saucepans etc.

Beware no chance of a lying when the maids are around.

We found flies a pain out the back where we had table and chairs, but that’s unavoidable.

We noticed the resort was constantly being cleaned and any repairs needing to be done were done instantly e.g. the floor by edge of the pool had started to lift, most places would have just left it, but as soon as it was reported there was a workman out there fixing the problem. Something you don’t see in England.

Also roads and pavements etc were being swept regularly.

Our Thomas cook rep Jenny was great she would come and sit and chat with us and treat us like a friend and still be very professional about it.

Everyone was so friendly staff and other holiday makers we would come again definitely."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

My sister-in-law and I went for a relaxi...

Reviewed Thu 26th of April 2007

"My sister-in-law and I went for a relaxing break of sunbathing and reading, for this it was fine.

The apartment was large and comfortable. The grounds and pool area you couldn’t fault and the staff work very hard and are all friendly.

That’s the good points.

The food was terrible, it was all cooked fine but it was just so bland and boring, nothing went with anything.

For example, one night the choice was curried rice and beef stew. The next it was curried chicken and paella. Also most things tasted the same no matter what it was. Also lots of children were picking things up and then putting it back!

The other thing I didn’t like was the fact everything had to be hired, sun bed mattress, iron, safe, toaster, TV. They were not expensive but all needed deposits of 10 Euros each, which is totally useless to get back at the end of your holiday.

The pool was supposed to be heated but was freezing. The entertainment was not up to much either.

Would go back on a self catering basis with a friend if it was very very cheap, but would not take my family here."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2007

We had our holiday at Oasis Tamarindo in...

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2007

"We had our holiday at Oasis Tamarindo in October 2006.

We booked this hotel blindly as there were no pictures available when booking. We were not disappointed.

We found the apartment very clean and of fantastic size. The cleaning was excellent and came in almost every night to find our hand towels in the form of swans, love hearts etc (lovely touch).

We have to small children who really enjoyed it. They made some nice friends there and are still singing this "bumba” song to this day (if you have been you will know it).

The food was a bit repetitive but enjoyable all the same. The entertainment staff were great and kept our children happy throughout the day.

As we speak I’m on the internet trying to book to go back.

My only complaint was with Thomas Cook themselves, as the staff on both flights were awful. We flew back at night and they had the plane lit up like a Xmas tree at 2am.

More interested in selling you things than passenger comfort. But that aside we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend it to anyone.

Certainly provided us with some happy memories of our first family holiday which we will treasure for years to come. So go on, book it!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of April 2007

Honest Review! - I cannot understand the...

Reviewed Fri 20th of April 2007

"Honest Review! - I cannot understand the other reviews.

I and my boyfriend booked this hotel independently on the internet for five nights AI from the 9-14th of April 2007.

We were staying in Lanzarote and decided to book a visit to Fuerteventura for a few nights, I would fully recommend this.

The ferry takes 15mins and is very cheap; you can catch it from playa Blanca in Lanzarote to Fuerteventura every 2hours. You can even visit the other island for a day trip.

We booked this hotel after reading the good reviews - however we were wrong!

Corralejo - A nice resort, plenty of restaurants for all tastes. The sand dunes and beach is fantastic, the best beach I have been on. It really was lovely.

Oasis Tamarindo:

Rooms - the apartments are nice, fully equipped with everything you would need. Each apartment has SC facilities. We were located with a pool view which was very nice. We were in apartment 18B and the only moan about the room was a strange smell which appeared two days into our stay.

On an afternoon when we would return from the beach/pool the bathroom stank of sewage!! This would disappear when the bathroom was in use. - Not very nice!! Rooms were kept nice and clean!

Pool Area - Fantastic pool area, 2 large pools, one very cold and one nice and warm. The gardens around the resort are beautiful and kept very well.

The pool bar - this is the only bar on site so if you are on an AI basis expect large cues on an evening. There is only one member of staff behind the bar, so it takes a while to be served.

This gets irritating nearer to the end of your stay - I suppose this is what happens when you are on an AI basis, but we ended up going outside the hotel as we couldn’t be bothered with the cues.

The bar is open plan with some side covering; it’s like a large tent! It can get chilly on an evening in April so they use patio heaters - these do help! The hotel needs another bar area.

Food - we are not fussy eaters but the food really was awful! If you are a vegetarian then its chips and pasta everyday!There just wasn’t enough choice and everything seem to be the same each day.

The food was luke warm to cold. Other holiday makers decided to eat out most nights at the end of their holiday as they just couldn’t face eating in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant is like a cafe! Glasses are not washed properly, they smell of egg. Plates are always wet when you pick them up; they were left to drip dry.

Flies were on the desserts, flies on the cheese and on our first day we had a cockroach under our table - it really isn’t nice!! We ended up eating out the last 2 nights and missed lunch. The restaurant just didn’t seem clean!

Bike Hire - Recommended!! We hired 2 bikes from the hotel at 8euro for the day (10euro deposit). We used the bikes to get to the sand dunes and around the resort.

Snack Time - on an AI basis there is a snack time between 3.30 - 4.30. On our first day we tried the burger and hotdog and never went again. - Horrible.

Entertainment - Ideal for children, the reps seem to keep the children entertained. For adults it was mostly poor. There were two good shows during our visit - an electric guitar player and two gymnastics - which were very good!

Overall - I would not go back to this hotel again! I would return to Corralejo it was lovely. I would go to the Riu hotel which looks superb, surrounded by the sand dunes and on the beach.

The hotel is ideal for families on a SC basis, but I would NOT recommend this hotel as an all inclusive basis. "

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

The accommodation and complex was very n...

Reviewed Sun 25th of March 2007

"The accommodation and complex was very nice, clean and well maintained. The staff on the whole were very polite and helpful. The food was good and plentiful catering for most tastes, (although the packed lunch was not very good).

The walk into town took a good 30 minutes. (Beware of the Holiday Club reps, they give you a ticket and tell you that you have won a holiday 600 Euros or a camcorder, your partner will win some champagne providing you attend a presentation, this takes 2 hours, they want you to part with a lot of money and tell you that you can cheap holidays, Don’t get fooled or waste your time).

The entertainment in the bar area was not very good; it was aimed at kids until well after 21:00. Overall we had a really good week. We will be back.

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

Myself, my husband and my 13 year old so...

Reviewed Tue 20th of March 2007

"Myself, my husband and my 13 year old son, have just returned from a fantastic week in Fuerteventura. We stayed at the Tamarindo, in Corralejo. When booking the holiday I didn't know what to expect, this place exceeded all my expectations, we have never been on an All Inclusive holiday, my son is a very picky eater and he had no problems when it came to meal times.

All the staff are very friendly, and the entertainment staff are brilliant, they never stop from 10 in the morning til 12 at night, they have an entertainment programme that will suit everyone, including kids clubs, football, volleyball and the not to be missed event of the day water polo, but watch out for Tara, she is a terrible cheat.

From the moment we arrived and got greeted by our brilliant Thomas cook holiday rep, Louise, the week just kept getting better. You must go and see the Rep's show on a Friday night, well worth the money, my cheeks were sore from laughing.

If you do need feel like eating out one night, there are some fab restaurants just down the harbour, it is only a 20 minute walk or 2.50 euros and there is a taxi rank right outside the hotel.

This time of year it was a bit chilly on an evening, they did have big patio heaters in the pool bar, so if you did manage to get a seat under one of them it was great, but I would advise to take a cardigan or light jacket, just in case, but they do have lovely coffee available in the pool bar incase you need a quick de-ice.

The rooms are lovely and spacious, and very very clean, the cleaners came everyday and mopped floors and patio areas, made beds (which were changed 3 times when i was there). i have never seen so many cleaners, at about 8am you just try to get over the bridge to reception and count how many they are.....the landscaping is glorious, everywhere you look there is a burst of colour.

I don't know what else to say, apart from enjoy yourself, you will not be disappointed.

• Travel date: Tue 20th of March 2007

We've just returned from a week’s all...

Reviewed Tue 13th of March 2007

"We've just returned from a week’s all inclusive at this hotel and we can't fault it.

The room was very spacious (bigger than my first flat!) and had a completely separate living area from the bedroom and had two patios.

The hotel is set in tasteful gardens and the apartments are either ground or first floor and aren't crammed together. Everywhere was well lit at night.

We are all veggies and didn't have any problems with the food and found plenty of fresh tasty food at every meal.

Yes, sometimes there was a queue at the pool bar, but it only took a couple of minutes to get served and the measures were very generous.

The hotel is located a 20 minute walk out of the town but equally, it is next to the sand dunes national park and a 25 minute walk takes you to the most awesome beach, which would be an hour’s walk if you stayed in the centre of the town.

The hotel has a large supermarket just outside and a cash point 20m away. The town has all the usual tourist shops and distractions.

We paid for a safety deposit box and hired beach towels which could be changed whenever we liked. It worked out at about 30 Euros plus 30 Euros deposit for the week.

The pools were salty, but I don't usually drink pool water so wasn't that bothered by it.

The heated pool was very big and there was an even bigger unheated pool and a toddler's pool.

All three pools had gentle slopes into them, which was great for our toddler, he could get in and out as he pleased.

We read reviews of this hotel back when we booked and we were apprehensive about the food and entertainment, but having been there, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, it was better than the 5* we stayed in on Lanzarote."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

We returned yesterday from a two week ho...

Reviewed Mon 5th of March 2007

"We returned yesterday from a two week holiday at the Tamarindo and I had to write to say what a fantastic time we had.

We had a party of seven ranging in age from 8 to 67 and all were thoroughly happy and entertained.

The food was really good and I don’t know why people commented. There was a fantastic buffet breakfast with every option available.

Those people who complain about it not being English bacon and sausages. Stay in England if you want English food or go self catering.

Lunch and dinner offered a wide range of hot options. Pork, beef and chicken were the featured meats but they were done in a different way at each meal.

The fish options at every meal were fantastic. The salad bar was great with many combinations from blue cheese to mussels.

Three of our party are very fussy eaters and they did not go hungry and had a choice of options. Yes, there were chips at every meal (which the kids thought was fantastic) but there was at least one other potato option, plus bread rice and pasta.

I don’t know why some people go all inclusive when all they do is complain about the food.

To give an example of the range we had goulash, hake, salmon, squid, paella, Canarian chicken stew, fajitas, stir fry, steak, curry, pizza, lasagne, calamari, fish stew, tagliatelli, spaghetti, sardines, mackerel, chicken croquettes, pork and cheese in breadcrumbs, meat and potato stew, chicken breast.

Those who say it was limited are just not being fair.

The entertainment again was brilliant. The entertainers were very friendly and encouraged every one to get involved. The sports programme got all of us involved and it was great for the whole family to be able to join in together.

A mini disco kept the kids happy each night and the bingo games were a laugh. The entertainment team were a very talented bunch and put together some very good shows.

The bar had an extensive range of drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic. Sometimes there was only one person serving and it may have taken five minutes at the very most to get served. Think how often you can stand at an English bar waiting to be served. This really was not a problem.

At night the bar was a little chilly, but this is the Canarian winter...take a cardigan and you will be fine.

The complex was fantastic in every respect. Apartments were well furnished and well resourced and huge...each with their own balcony.

The grounds were amazing and the pools brilliant.

Yes, it was a 20 minute walk to town, read the brochures it clearly states this.

All in all a fantastic time was had and we can’t wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of March 2007

After being advised Oasis Tamarindo and...

Reviewed Sun 11th of February 2007

"After being advised Oasis Tamarindo and Corralejo were suitable for the disabled, we found that this was not the case.

70% of the shops in Corralejo had multiple steps up or down into them and the complex had steep footpaths all over the place.

The apartments, pool, and grounds were very good.

The food was not very good, not very warm, and repetitive. Pork was on the menu 4 days running and hot dog sausages were on three meals a day, for two days in a week and the sweet selection was the same 6 sorts every day.

The restaurant was like a works canteen and the bar was woefully inadequate for bad weather. It rained for two whole days. The entertainment was poor, very juvenile. The staff in the bar and "canteen" were very friendly."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

Wow, where do I start? Upon arriving at...

Reviewed Sun 11th of February 2007

"Wow, where do I start? Upon arriving at the complex we were greeted with very friendly staff, and directed to our apartment, which was very impressive, the rooms are very spacious and cleaned regularly.

The gardens, landscaping and pool area are second to none, very clean and lots of sun beds.

The food is very good for a weeks stay; I think it would get a bit repetitive if you were to stop any longer.

A really big praise to Edith, Ollie and the rest of the entertainment crew, they really try hard to please everyone.

Corralejo is a very beautiful place, with lots of things to do; I highly recommend a visit to Oasis Park, and quad biking.

We can’t wait to go back again in January."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

We have just returned from a weeks stay...

Reviewed Sun 28th of January 2007

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at the oasis Tamarindo. My husband and I were accompanied by our two children who are 21 and 18.

From the moment we arrived we were suitably impressed with the service and the friendliness of the staff.

The room was very clean and big enough for four adults. The hotel itself is set in beautifully landscapes gardens. The pools were warm but salty. There were plenty of sun loungers for everyone.

The food was good on the whole but if you left it until the end of meal times to eat there was limited choice left and what there was warm. There was plenty to eat and drink however, and the alcohol measures were more than generous. Packed lunches were provided if you were all inclusive but going out for the day.

Entertainment was limited, although we noticed that the children were kept well entertained.

We participated in some excursions such as the trip to Lanzarote and a day on a catamaran. The nearby sand dunes are a sight not to be missed.

The holiday reps put on a cabaret at a local resort each Friday evening and this is highly entertaining. It should not be missed!!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of January 2007

My daughter (aged 19) and I have just re...

Good
Reviewed Sat 27th of January 2007

"My daughter (aged 19) and I have just returned from a week's holiday at the Tamarindo. This was our first winter holiday and we were not disappointed with the resort or the weather.

Apartments were clean and tidy, although we did lack a bit on the hot water side but that did not put us off!

Staff were friendly and although the entertainment was not 100% we did enjoy what we saw during our stay. Bingo and the race night was a particular favourite and "Mr Tamarindo" was hilarious!!

We walked into town most days (approx a 20 min walk) and sunbathed the rest of the time!

Food was repetitive however there was plenty of it and as we were only there for a week it was more than sufficient.

Would recommend this complex very much so and we would definitely go back, particularly during the winter months, when it is generally quieter but the weather is wonderful!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007