The only thing worth while saying about...

Reviewed Tue 21st of August 2007

"The only thing worth while saying about this accommodation is that it was clean and roomy.

Aside from that you have to pay for everything, pay to get the TV switched on, pay to get a mattress for your sunbed etc.

There was no air conditioning in the rooms which made it unbearable at night.

The food is very ordinary with a very poor choice and because the dining hall was so small by the time you got to your table your food was cold, if it wasn't already.

We had a robbery in our group and the hotel did absolutely nothing for us.

If you only afford 3 star then you might chance this place.

I am also one of the sceptics who read these reviews and wonder are they true, but please believe me in everything I say ---- I would not recommend this accommodation to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

On arrival you will meet your first chal...

Reviewed Sun 12th of August 2007

"On arrival you will meet your first challenge map reading skills due to the receptionist handing you a map and a pen drawn route to your apartment this was even when we arrived at 4.30 am after a nightmare flight.

The apartments are ok we had a one bedroom appt and with the 4 of us 2 being children it was a nice size.

The pools are great two tidy size pools that slope into the deep end and a kiddie paddling pool only draw back is the salt water takes some getting used to but kids ok they had goggles.

Now this holiday became a tale of two weeks with only one barman in the only bar that also had to serve the snacks between 3.30 - 4.30 you can imagine the constant queuing that was needed for anything, also the food hall unable to find a table due to non cleaned tables also due to a lack of staff.

Well after complaint after complaint from every one a holiday official from Thompson came on site and after seeing the conditions that we had to endure promptly explained the no other holiday makers would be placed in any oasis hotel from the Thompson group if things did not improve.

From that moment on one week into our holiday things did improve a new bar was built and working in under a couple of hours bar staff were trebled at popular times and more table cleaners put on duty in the dining hall.

Ok sounds better but we found out the true reason for the change is that the complex is up for sale.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

This holiday was brilliant, it was my 1s...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of July 2007

"This holiday was brilliant, it was my 1st with out the parents and I went with a group f 6 friends! The hotel was always clean and so were the rooms!

The only down side was the food, it was really disappointing. We spent half our spending money on food that we had brought out side the hotel.

The night life for clubs was brilliant and it was only a taxi ride into town which was 3 euros. Everyone we met out there were lovely and we still keep in contact!

The Thomas cook rep Ricky was such a laugh we went out on a pub crawl n got a free shot in every bar with Ricky he was the life n the soul of the party. Even when we got up on stage and starting singing. Bless him.

Going all inclusive was only worth it for the free drinks at the bar. So overall I give this holiday a 9.

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

Having just returned from this hotel, wh...

Reviewed Sat 14th of July 2007

"Having just returned from this hotel, what can I say!

Corralejo is an up and coming resort and therefore not too busy. Good selection of shop, bars, and restaurants.

Hotel Tamarindo! Upon first arriving at the hotel, we were very impressed with the cleanliness and the layout of the complex.

The rooms are very spacious and modern, the pools area is very impressive and kept clean, although the salt water takes a lot of getting used to.

The Restaurant. Kept very clean and the tables are always cleared quickly, drinks on tap. That is where the good review ends, the food is absolutely disgusting. Very strange choices (brussel sprouts in salads!), the food was always cold, no choice for adults or children, chips or pasta with everything.

We spent a lot of money eating out which defeats the purpose of All Inclusive.

The Bar. Only 1 barman serving at the bar so I spent more time queuing at the bar than sitting drinking as only 2 alcoholic drinks per customer per visit, and I am not a big drinker by any means.

Entertainment, God awful! I can’t really say anything that could describe it. Three Dutch entertainers with very strange ideas.

The only decent acts were Michael the reggae singer or the parrot show for the kids(about 20 mins).

One further point, my wife used to disappear for about 15 minutes at a time as there was only one toilet working for the women, as the other has been out of order for about a month.

If you are going to Corralejo for a holiday choose another Hotel for All Inclusive although the Tamarindo would be OK for Self Catering. "

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

Arrived at 0115 due to 4.5 hrs flight de...

Reviewed Wed 4th of July 2007

"Arrived at 0115 due to 4.5 hrs flight delay. Check in was quick and efficient.

Very little in the apartments for self catering but as we only booked the day previous we made the best of our accommodation. The apartments are spacious and spotlessly clean.

The pool area and gardens are well kept with plenty of sunbeds. More orientated to families but as an older couple we would certainly go again.

Cannot comment on the bar, entertainment or food as we went out every night. Plenty of bars and places to eat in Corralejo.

Recommend Gustos just off Music Square for food and the Corner House for a good welcome."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Just returned back from our holidays fro...

Reviewed Sun 24th of June 2007

"Just returned back from our holidays from Fuerteventura, after staying in the Oasis Tamarindo apartments.

Overall I would give this an 8/10. ~The only let down been the food, especially at dinner time, the entertainment was ok had two great shows before we came home one been Grease and the other, Back to the movies.

All the staff were very polite and helpful. The gardens and surroundings of the hotel were beautiful, with 2 large pools and one for the toddlers all kept clean and supervised from 10am to 6pm.

Rooms were clean and spacious and were kept clean by the maids. No problems with the rooms at all, table and chairs supplied for the balcony or patio.

We walked in to the town centre and got a taxi back, the walk was about 25 mins so not too bad, the apartments are very close to the water park, bowling, bingo and the markets which is also good, also they is a good mini golf course nearby but I wouldn't call it mini.

So overall we had a great holiday and we would definitely go back.

Be warned wear at least sun factor 25 I burnt and peeled before I got home wouldn’t recommend anything less!!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

Having just returned from Oasis Tamarind...

Reviewed Sun 24th of June 2007

"Having just returned from Oasis Tamarindo (2nd visit) and having read some of the reviews I felt I would add my comments.

We went with 2 young children on an all-inclusive basis. We have never had any complaints with the food - ok it gets repetitive but you get what you pay for. If you want 5* food you pay 5* prices and go somewhere else.

Each week there is a theme night - we had Mexican and Chinese whilst we were there. There is always plenty of choice and if the food is not warm enough for your taste microwaves are provided. If you want to go out for the day they will provide you with a basic packed lunch at no cost.

The accommodation and grounds were kept very clean - the lifeguard patrols the pool area ensuring all rubbish is picked up.

The entertainment team work exceptionally hard - they put in 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for very little pay - and each member speaks 5 languages so each nationality is included. They have a kids club twice a day and a kiddies disco at night before the bingo and other entertainment.

Despite being a little out of town it’s a lovely walk and I would recommend this accommodation if you want a value for money holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

I booked this holiday for myself, husban...

Reviewed Thu 21st of June 2007

"I booked this holiday for myself, husband, and mother in law and after reading the reviews I was a little weary, as both my husband and mother in law are very fussy eater just plain food no fancy stuff.

After about 35 / 40 min transfer from airport we arrive approx 10pm. We was told that there was a cold buffet laid on at 10-30 as the restaurant was closed.

So we unpacked our cases and then made our way to the restaurant upon which there was salad, meat and a cold pudding laid on which was enough for that time of night. We then went for a drink in the pool bar which we had to pay for as it had gone 11 pm.

When I turned the light on in the little kitchen area the bulb didn’t work, so when we went down for tea/supper I went to reception and reported it and when we came back later it had been sorted. (How’s that for service).

The room was very spacious, well equipped, and clean enough for AL but not sure about self catering. There was lots of room to hang clothes up and the bath room was huge. There was often a smell from the drains in the bathroom but this is understandable with the hot weather.

I asked for a sea view room which I got I suppose it was there in the distance in-between the sand dunes. We had sheets changed 3 time in the week we there and beds made 5 days out of the 7 and clean towels every other day.

The food was ok as food goes. Both hubby and mother in law found something to eat at every meal but it wasn’t to hot just luke warm most of the time, but eatable, plenty of wine, beer and soft drinks.

The pool area was great, a life guard was there from 10am in the morning always walking round both big pools and the kid’s pool to make sure no one was being an idiot or having problems. Not enough sun shade as it gets very hot around the pool. but very clean.

You can purchase comfy covers to put on the loungers and they rather hot in the sun. Bar snacks are served from 11-30 - 12-30 and 15-30 to 16-30 every day which are good there is hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, cakes and chips. There was a game of water polo every afternoon which was very entertaining as there was NO rules.

And the sports rep Chris was very friendly with everybody.

The Bar Area was ok and clean. there was no waiting for drink apart from at 10-50 ish when everybody was getting lots of drink as after 11pm you had to pay for drinks it did unfortunately rain one night we was there and part of roof in the bar had gaps in were the palm trees went through and some people got wet.

The entertainment was ok bingo every night then some other form of entertainment was laid on also. The kid’s entertainer were very lively and very good with the kids.

Our Thomas Cook Rep Ricky was always very friendly and helpful. If anyone had a problem he was always there to sort it out for them.

When it looks a little dull don’t forget to put on your sun tan lotion cause you can get very burnt with the wind that is always blowing. And take some sort of insect repellent with you cause the mossies bite as I found out.

There is an Iceland just around the corner and a supermarket also. A couple of pubs and cafe with English people serving in them.

We went to the Reps own show on the Fri (35 Euros) we were there it was very entertaining 3 course meal plenty to drink while you was eating but after that it had to be paid for- 3 professional acts. Also on the day before we were due to come home went on a trip with our rep to Lanzarote on the ferry.

They took us to the port then got boarding passes onto ferry and was met the other side after 20 mins on ferry by another bus and taken to Port Del Carmon with the rep telling us very interesting facts about the place and then they dropped us off and we had 5 hours to have a look round. Left at 10-15 am and got back at hotel 19-00 all for 43 Euros

All in all a great holiday would definitely go back."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

We booked this through Cosmos with our T...

Reviewed Sun 10th of June 2007

"We booked this through Cosmos with our Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - so we have to admit that we were a little dubious about what we would get!

Overall - the complex was beautiful. The children loved the pool area and spent most of their time under water - although they did grumble initially that it tasted 'funny' - the pools are all salt water.

As the island only gets about 16 days of rain per year - you can't blame them for not using it to fill a tourist swimming pool!

Beware of sunburn - the area is quite windy and you'll think it’s not that hot. But believe me it is.

Food wasn't the best. But we did always find something we could eat. Sometimes the food temperature wasn't the best either. Our rep was also heard stating that most of the complaints she had all related to the food.

I have to agree with some of the previous comments - in that we managed a week comfortably, but I think that truly the food would have become an issue after a fortnight.

The apartments are comfortable of you are there on an all inclusive basis. If you were there on a self catering basis, I don't know how a family would manage with 2 electric hob rings and no oven or microwave. The bathrooms are huge - and although there is a bath, don't be too disappointed when you realise that there is NO plug! :-(

The entertainment team were quite underfunded and under enthused. Adults played pool with obstacles stuffed into the pool table pockets to stop the balls dropping down - thus meaning that the animation team didn't need to find another euro to produce the balls again!

Adult activities were by harassment of the clientele - nothing was really organised by the professionals. The kids clubs were enjoyed by our children but the format was very 'relaxed'. Fortunately, our children are old enough that we wouldn't need to worry and they always would be able to find us. For little kids, I don't think this would be appropriate.

Location was FAB - take a trip up to the dunes - which are breath taking. Or hire a car and drive into the mountains and see the chipmunks running about being 'frisky'.

Overall we had a great holiday. We coped with the basic food and entertainment. The weather and location made up for the ropey bits.

Would we go back? ... probably, at the right price. "

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

We booked this holiday online 3 days bef...

Reviewed Tue 5th of June 2007

"We booked this holiday online 3 days before departing, and after reading the reviews went with an open mind.

After a short transfer arrived we at around 10pm, the restaurant was open late for the new arrivals; however we opted to dump our cases in our room which was great and go for a drink.

The room was really spacious, well equipped, and clean. Loads of room to hang your clothes and no cockroaches all week, believe me if you want to see cockroaches go to where we did in Gran Canaria last year, (enough said). You get a few free channels on the TV, cnn news, the usual German channels, and euro sport.

The safety deposit is digital for a reasonable charge, no key to lose!

The food is what you expect for a 3 star complex, plenty of choice for kids and adults alike, however after 7 days I have to agree it could become repetitive. The restaurant itself is clean and well managed and you can help yourself to soft drinks, beer, and wine.

The pool area is fantastic, the top pool is supersize with loads of sun loungers all set amongst lovely surroundings, and you can’t fault it. The water is chilly but it’s great for cooling down after sunbathing.

The bar area is ok, bit basic but clean, we got served promptly and it only got busy near last orders which is too early at 11pm. entertainment tolerable.

We found a great bar round the corner called the 'Winning Post', really chilled with bingo and entertainment, good for a change of scenery this is the nearest place to get the English papers, there is a well stocked supermarket 2 mins away if you are SC.

The Market on a Mon & Fri is worth a short walk to, next to the water park. The town is a good 25 min trek so it is worth getting a taxi for about 2.5 Euros, there are plenty of shops and bars to stroll around. Dunes about 20-30 mins walk away.

I would recommend going here at less busier times of year as a few days before we were leaving it started to get really busy as it was just before the bank & school holidays and loads of families arrived ,I could see there being problems with huge queues at both the bar and restaurant.

7 days is definitely enough to chill out and enjoy the Canarian weather. We met some lovely people ,( Hi to our Laura & James )and we would consider going back in a few years as they are developing the local area."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

Just returned from a two week holiday at...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of June 2007

"Just returned from a two week holiday at the Oasis Tamarindo. If you can get this holiday on a self catering choice I would recommend it, especially if you have a bargain but all inclusive was disgusting.

The food was very basic and bland. The same food day in day out. Lunch and evening meal were nearly the same choices. If you like chips, rice, and pasta you'll be ok.

Nothing that was cooked went with anything. It was cold and had to be warmed up in the microwave, when it worked. Mainly catered for Germans. Maybe a week’s holiday would be ok but two weeks was too much.

The staff although some were very polite couldn't wait to take your plates even if you hadn't finished. If you went to get a drink for instance and left half a plate of food you'd come back to an empty table.

Towards the end of sittings the staff would help themselves to all food although people were still arriving in the restaurant. It was if they had to get food on plates before it all went. It was more like a canteen than a restaurant.

The bar only had one person working at all times. Queues got long but they were pretty quick on serving although you could only have two drinks per order so serving would be quicker.

The entertainment was appalling. They only really cater for children. Adult entertainment consisted of bingo. We went out in the evenings as it was very boring.

The complex itself was very nice. The pool area is nice, big, and clean. The complex layout was really nice. The rooms were spacious but cleaning could have been better.

They were dusty and floors were only swept and not in all places. Beds were never made properly. Throw over’s were just that, thrown over. There was a constant smell of sewerage in the bathroom.

I have never seen so many flies, they were everywhere. Never been bitten so much.

The reception staff were very polite and helpful, couldn't fault them.

I wouldn't go back to the Oasis Tamarindo unless it was a self catering holiday and was a real bargain."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

The staff and facilities at the Oasis Ta...

Reviewed Mon 30th of April 2007

"The staff and facilities at the Oasis Tamarindo were first class, including the spacious room.

The pool and surrounding areas were immaculately kept. We found the food to be of a high standard with plenty of choice.

The distance to the town and beaches were quite a walk and we were grateful that we had booked a hire car from the airport.

This we feel is essential if you plan on exploring the island and its wonderful beaches.

However, should you choose not to, there is plenty to do at the hotel.

Although we never experienced any queues at the bar, in peak times this could be a problem.

Overall we will return for another out of season break due to the excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007