Good

We stayed ther last summer and found the...

Reviewed Thu 17th of April 2008

"We stayed ther last summer and found the appartment very spacious and comfortableand the pool area was clean and well kept.
Ok thats all the positives over with
The food was rotten ,the staff were rude ,the restaurant was filthy and the overall service at the bar diabolical.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
we ended up having a meeting with the managment along with many other guests to try and sort our complaints out all to no avail.
We ended up eating out every night just to put some food in our stomach.
Save your cash and go to Golden Moon in Kusadasi Turkey they know how to treat. guests."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

All in all one of the best holidays i`ve...

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2008

"All in all one of the best holidays i`ve ever had. The food was excellent, the accommodation spotless and the weather fantastic. I can`t complain about the staff as they were always busy with cleaning or maintenaince. To be fair some of the the other resorts in the area looked as good. I`d definatley go back."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

Our family enjoyed the hotel and resort,...

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2008

"Our family enjoyed the hotel and resort, one of our better holidays, would not use XL though as once we got to hotel we never saw the rep or knew what time we were going to be collected, in future we would have no anxieties in booking independantly. Hotel complex was very attractive swimming pool was suitable for lazing about, food became rather monotonous after a week, plenty of choice but menues were copied once in the week, although there are plenty of restuarnts in the town about half mile walk away, so don't be afraid of going self catering. Supermarket just out of complex suitable for essentials, but not much choice, no shortage of us brits and don't be afraid of trying things out, although be aware of ticket touts selling holidays.

A car would assist when wanting to get out of complex, all roads are good, but no kirbs and many have large drops off the tarmac onto the sandy/rocky ground, the island is a sun worshipers paradise plenty of sandy beeches, although some are very deserted. Sister complex next door rather more up market, the flats are clean attractive, although some may be noisy if closer to bar and rstaurant. Nightlife can be monotonous as the island is quiet and most entertainment is organised by the tour companies. "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of January 2008

I met Kim on this holiday who is a Dutch...

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2007

"I met Kim on this holiday who is a Dutch entertainer who worked there. Remember me Kim, you called me speedy and I give you a blue band which said best friend. I always wore my Newcastle hat. Just in case you have forgot, I am from Newcastle.

The food was good but too repetitive.

The entertainment was good through the day as we played football and other activities. I enjoyed it and I even spilt blood a few times playing football. The entertainment at night was terrible (unless Kim done it).

There is a bar around the corner where we watched the Newcastle United matches while we were away."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of December 2007

I went for a two week holiday here with...

Reviewed Sat 24th of November 2007

"I went for a two week holiday here with my cousin. The accommodation was immaculate and very spacious, it did not have air conditioning but we hired fans - cheap enough and it was great for the nights.

The pool was great, plenty of space and sunbeds. Staff were very good and helpful in all ways - Chris was the best lovely young man. The food was lovely, it just got a bit repetitive after two weeks but we ate out about 3 times. It’s a shame the hotel is being sold, I would return. I don’t know how anyone could have written a bad review.. I am going back in 2009.

• Travel date: Sat 24th of November 2007

We went to the Oasis Tamarindo in July 0...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"We went to the Oasis Tamarindo in July 07 on an all inclusive package with direct holidays, the apartments and grounds were clean and the gardens well kept by the staff (shame about some of the guests).

The pools were FREEZING cold. There is volley ball, tennis, basketball courts and a football pitch. A kids play ground would have been good though. The staff were friendly, and the kid’s entertainers worked hard, although the evening entertainment wasn't great. 3/10

The food was ok, always a salad bar for dinner, although it is best to wait until later for as it is so busy you have to queue for a while and your food gets cold (most people want to get into the bar for the kids entertainment).

One bar is not enough and it was always a long wait for a drink, half the time was spent in a queue. The hotel could open the restaurant at night for quiet drinks.

It was around a twenty minute walk into town, with not much going on around the hotel.

Perfect holiday for adult pool lovers looking for lazy days, nights should be spent out with the hotel, so would only go back on a self catering basis."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

Well after reading the reviews I did go...

Reviewed Fri 28th of September 2007

"Well after reading the reviews I did go into the travel agents and asked to move to another hotel, but was unable to be transferred.

On arrival the staff were friendly and very helpful with having three children one of which was a baby they came with us to our room to make sure we had a travel cot.

The apartments were lovely very clean and very spacious ours had two bedrooms and full kitchen which you don't normally get when all in.

The pools were lovely brilliant for the children except they were salt water and took a bit of getting used to. The baby pool was one of the best I've seen as there was no side to climb down etc.

The food was ok for the first week but did let it down a little as they seemed to have the same thing out every night by the end of our second week, but as the complex was to close on the Wednesday after we left I suspect that was the reason.

The entertainment staff did their best and were very friendly they did have a few good shows and a few ok ones but that’s like all places you can't please everyone.

Overall week had a lovely family holiday and had all the worry from reading the reviews for nothing. If it wasn't closed I would have considered going again."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Just returned from a two week holiday he...

Reviewed Thu 20th of September 2007

"Just returned from a two week holiday here with my family. The accommodation was immaculate and very spacious, it did not have air conditioning but we hired fans - cheap enough and it was great for the nights.

The pool was great, plenty of space and sunbeds. Staff were very good and helpful in all ways. The food was lovely, it just got a bit repetitive after two weeks but we were eating out. It’s a shame the hotel is being sold, I would return. I don’t know how anyone could have written a bad review, maybe they are just a little stuck up.

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

Food cold, horrid and unappetising - Tho...

Reviewed Wed 12th of September 2007

"Food cold, horrid and unappetising - Thomas Cook rep pleasant but not helpful.

Apartments clean and tidy, maid service good, local staff accommodating but very busy.

Both the sofas in the apartment had a metal base that was buckled and made sleeping on them almost impossible.

Decoration in the communal areas were non descript - no cultural flavour - no atmosphere.

Only one bar, long queues, overworked staff managed to stay pleasant on whole.

Entertainment - Butlins abroad comes to mind, some genuinely gifted entertainers that were made to look very amateurish.

Complex generally ok, salt pools take a while to get used too.

Location approx 30 mins walk into town (45 mins with kids) taxis reasonably priced.

Town pleasant enough, old town lovely, busy, and vibrant. Water sport great. "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

I, my husband, and 11year old son have j...

Reviewed Sun 2nd of September 2007

"I, my husband, and 11year old son have just returned from the Oasis Tamarindo.

Before we went read many reviews and wondered if we had made the right choice, but decided to go with an open mind.

We arrived 11.30pm check in was very quick and they explained that a cold buffet was available. We had a bite to eat and a drink at the bar before going to bed.

The apartment was very spacious and clean. We had a problem with our shower rail a couple of times but no soon had we reported it at reception a maintenance man called to fix it.

Despite what reviews said, we found the food to be good, yes sometimes repetitive but there were many nationalities staying there so, felt they did ok suiting everyone.

The maid service was ok with rooms regularly cleaned.

Yes the bar was sometimes very busy but it wasn't an issue the choice of drinks very good. Peter and Oscar worked very hard but were always very pleasant. The entertainment was good for young children with mini disco and a few varied shows a couple were very entertaining, Grease, Kenya Boys, Parrot show and a couple not so good, the hit parade being one of them.

The pool area was lovely, although I did have to complain once to reception about the large pool needing cleaning, after that saw it cleaned every day. The salt water takes some getting used to though.

It was a nice walk into the town with lovely beaches and harbour. Ate out once in the town near the harbour which was lovely.

The Oasis park trip with camel safari was worth every penny and was very enjoyable.

On a whole the complex is lovely and if the apartments weren't being sold would have considered returning in the future.

We spoke to many people whilst there majority very happy about their choice of accommodation, some I felt just like to moan and pick fault, surely a holiday is what you make it, you can stop at home and moan!

Overall we had a fantastic holiday, with fantastic weather and we made some great friends, we really didn't want to leave. Wish we were still there!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

I went to Oasis Tam in June with my boy...

Reviewed Thu 30th of August 2007

"I went to Oasis Tam in June with my boyfriend and wow what a holiday!

We arrived at around half 10, 11 and went straight to the room, then went to the cafe to eat as they kept it open as we were late getting there.

The food throughout the holiday was not all that but edible, who eats that much when it’s that hot any way.

We went on a pub crawl with our rep Ricky he was such a laugh got to meet him. We met a really nice couple of our age 19-24 who we still have contact with now!

The pool was nice only it is salt water and not chlorine, this is not so bad for adults but children would probably get quite agitated by this.

The town was a 15 min walk or a 3 Euro taxi trip. Lots to do for kids and adults.

I really recommend this hotel as it is so big and lots to do the water park is close 10 min walk and the rides are big and fast.

All the entertainment staff were nice we made good mates with Chris! Very nice hotel in general."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

I have just returned from the Oasis Tama...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"I have just returned from the Oasis Tamarindo hotel. Well what can I say?

The food was appalling for starters; the dining hall was a mess due to being understaffed.

The only good thing that came from our holiday was the wonderful family we met whilst there.

Our room was only cleaned properly once in two weeks and this was after we complained.

The pool itself was fantastic for children but was in dire need of repair. We witnessed sick being scooped out of the pool and it wasn't even closed.

The reps worked tirelessly but if that’s what you call entertainment well its beyond me!!

You had to queue for up to 30 mins for drinks even when second bar appeared.

This is the worst family holiday I have ever been on for service and standards. If you can be moved to another hotel please do so before you go.

We read reviews before we went but thought that people were being picky, how wrong were we.

Also if you are travelling with Direct you have a different AI package to Thomas Cook. Even though you paid the same you can't get an Ice cream for your children through the day!!! Double standards or what I thought AI meant just that.

The hotel is being sold soon that may be a blessing in disguise.

Oasis Park trip is a must for children of all ages this is worth every penny and more.
If all else fails the Winning Post round the corner is lovely and the food in the Cafe Corralejo is fab and reasonable prices.

I have never felt the need to complain about a holiday before. I suppose there is a first time for everything."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007