Oasis Royal

Good
Good

oasis Royal

Reviewed Mon 22nd of August 2016

"This is residential and it is illegal to rent in a residential complex I live there and the noise from holiday. Makers. Above. Me is terrible it not there falt as they are on holiday its oasis. Dunas as they put there overflow. On top of us Dunas is holiday not oasis royal"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2016

Booked a holiday with globallatedeals.co...

Reviewed Wed 13th of August 2008

"Booked a holiday with globallatedeals.com last year for my girlfriend, myself and 4 of our friends to sunny Corralejo in Fuerteventura. Had no problems with Global. They were really helpful and knew a lot about the area, which set my mind at ease as i can be a pretty nervous traveller. I'd definitely use them again. (looking into Lanzarote for this year!)

I'd read all good reviews about the Oasis Royal, and mixed reviews about the Dunas, which got me a little anxious knowing that we were basically at the Dunas, but i let it pass. On getting there, i couldn't see why people were moaning so much. I really liked the place. Was basic, but clean and tidy. The apartment we had was pretty spacious and had all the facilities you'd need from a holiday. Ok, you had to pay for a tv and to use the safe (unless you were jammy enough to be my mate who had the tv in his room from a previous guest!), but the tv wasn't great anyway so evenings in were filled with ipod tunes, san miguel and cards!

The Oasis Royal was just the apartment block across the road from the Dunas, so you got to use the facilities there, like the main pool (sal****er) bars, restaurants, games, shop and pizza takeaway. Any guests going there, i'd steer clear of the hotel shop and go to the netto just around the corner (san miguel bottles HALF the price!).

Ok the Dunas main pool could get noisy, but it's a big pool in a big hotel and full of people swimming or playing games, but is was still a nice environment and had a handy little snack bar. As a counter measure, for those who sometimes wanted to have some quiet time in or around the pool, there were several smaller pools dotted around the Royal apartments which weren't used so much (and they weren't sal****er!), so the 6 of us spent the majority of our time burning in the sun there (with plastic cups and the aforementioned cheap san miguel!).

The bad thing about the rooms was the lack of air-con. Yup, it was hot, and the air was not moving. It was an 'all-windows-open-all-of-the-time' kind of place. Apart from that, rooms were good. Cleaned regularly, beds pretty comfy, bath & shower, cooker and a fridge (to keep the san miguel cold, of course). I'd recommend it to people looking for a decent place to stay on a cheap holiday.

Corralejo itself was pretty great. Loads to do, if thats what you're after, hundreds of places to eat serving steak, pizza, pasta, steak, chinese, indian, steak, burgers, etc... Loads of choice, pretty good value too, and a good sized feed.

There's a small arcade as you get onto the main street from the royal/dunas, which had a great steakhouse and an excellent pub called Seven Pints, which had reasonably priced drinks, tv's showing sports outside, entertainment in the evenings, and they were giving out free cocktails too! Was a great place to start, and sometimes end your evenings. We'd usually walk around and try somewhere new every night, dut it usually started with a drink at seven pints. From there, we found a few bars that had live bands playing, doing covers and the like, but it was cool to sit and listen to them (mainly because walking was an issue after stuffing yourself silly with a massive pizza!). Plenty of other places to go, clubs and bars: Waikiki club by the beach was a good night out - hawaiian style, or Tattoos & Booze for the metalheads out there.

Activities wise, there's a decent amout for everyone. Plenty of shops, a local market, an ace water park (with a slide that scared the life outta me! lol) called Baku is, according to the oasis site '200metres from the hotel' which it is. you can see the big slides if you look out off your balcony or stand outside the hotel. The entrance to the water park is a bit further away though! ;)

On the way into the town, theres a guy who organises trips and activities. A friend of ours enjoyed a fishing trip (which took him to just off the Moroccan coast), and we all went Quad biking through the volcanic areas, which was really good fun! Plenty of other things to try though! We wanted to try the Guererros trip, which was like paintballing. Only it was in full gear and running about in all that? in that heat? i think not! lol.

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

This was my first time in Fuerteventura...

Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"This was my first time in Fuerteventura and the Oasis Royal Apartments certainly gave a good first impression! After a quick check-in at the neighbouring Oasis Dunas, we were directed to our first floor, one-bedroom apartment by the helpful desk staff. It took a few minutes to walk round to our apartment but we didn't find this a problem.

On entering the apartment we found it to be clean and spacious. The balcony was also large and featured a table and chairs plus a handy rack for drying/airing clothes. The kitchenette had everything we required and we used it quite a bit.

The bathroom was also a good size, with a shower over a bath and we could always get the water temperature just right. I can honestly say I saw no insects whatsoever in the apartment during the entire week (well, except for the odd fly that flew in through the balcony door)!

The beach is only a few minutes' walk away and the centre of Corralejo around 10 minutes' walk, however there were plenty of shops, bars and restaurants along the main street on the way into the centre.

We found the nightlife just right, it was lively enough without being too noisy or crowded and there were no groups of yobs! If, like us, you enjoy heavy rock music then Tattooz 'n' Booze bar is a must - owner Sacha had an abundance of fine CDs and was open to requests (if a little too liberal with the Jagermeister!). If you like live (acoustic) music, check out the very entertaining Eric Sijpestijn performing in Imagine Bar. As for restaurants, every one we tried was good!

There were also a few car hire places close by the apartments and we hired a car for 2 days. I can't remember now what we paid but it was very reasonable and we saw a lot of the island this way. The scenery is lovely and the sand dunes must be seen. I'm happy to say we're going back to Corralejo again this year!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

I have had over a dozen holidays in the...

Reviewed Mon 31st of October 2005

"I have had over a dozen holidays in the Canaries and these apartments are about the best I have stopped in.

The rooms are in a very good condition, they are extremely spacious and well decorated. The kitchen was very clean, the cooker and utensils are modern and in very good order. The complex is generaly fairly quiet, however there are three pools on site, the one at the lower end of site has a kiddies pool at the side and can be be a little bit noisey at times. The main reception is at the Oasis Dunas complex next door, where there is a pub and good restaurant.

The grounds are kept in excellent condition as well.
It is a 10-15 minute walk into the town centre.
In my opinion, the only thing I could put a negative feel to would be the cornball welcome meeting.

All in all....excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of October 2005

Hotels near Oasis Royal

Stayed at Oasis Royal? Share your insight.

Oasis Royal is also called