Fantasic holiday

Reviewed Thu 14th of October 2010

"After reading reviews about Oasis Dunas we was a bit wary of what to expect but we have just got back from a fortnights holiday and we all had a fantastic time. Our rooms were cleaned everyday, towels changed every other day and beds were changed twice a week. It's a basic apartment but you get what you pay for, kitchen has a kettle, toaster, fridge and two hobs so for those who are self catering like ourselves they are useful. Went to Buku Water Park twice and it was great our little girl who is 4 loved it but book your tickets from your rep as you get the free sunbeds included in the price. The nicest beach is the flag beach where the sand dunes are its gorgeous and lovely waves too. If you are thinking of going to Oasis Park Zoo beware its all hilly so for those of you who struggle to walk hills and walk far I wouldn't recommand it for you as my nanna struggled. There are lovely restaurants, shops and bars nearby tony romas is lovely for its ribs and retro is a lovely too. We went with thomas cook and the reps were fantastic nothing was ever too much trouble great team especially stuart who my little girl never left alone lol. We will be definately going back again. "

• Travel date: Sun 10th of October 2010

Beware Bed Bugs

Reviewed Mon 27th of September 2010

"Just got back from Oasis Dunas *** Correlago fuertventura September 2010
hotel all seemed fine although we are beach people and generally not in the resort during the day as budget hotels go I would say everything is as you would expect to find it salt-water pools generally good evening entertainment friendly staff and mostly English guests
Now to the problem infestations of bed bugs at first we were unsure what was biting us we thought mosquito's? The question was asked of a chemist who confirmed bed bugs and on further inspection sure enough there they were we never requested another room as it was our last day here, we did inform staff who seemed somewhat unconcerned,Talking to other guests here similar problems had been experienced, 12 months previous we stayed in the same resort
at another hotel Las Marismas **** with the same problem again we thought this was a mosquito problem, visiting the canary islands many times over the last 20 years in our experience I would say the problem is getting worse so take this as you will I would say if Oasis Dunas sort the Bed Bug problem out I would stay here again "

• Travel date: Fri 24th of September 2010

Oasis Dunas

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"Just back from Oasis Dunas September 2010. Had great time dont know what all the moaning is about this hotel. Any repairs were dealt with immediately when mentioned to reception staff. Place clean and cleaners every day. Towels changed every day also.

Weather was fantastic really hot the whole week. Wouldnt do Oasis Excursion again though long long day and exhausting.

Was surprised by the quality of the food served very edible infact better than the restaurants we went to outside and paid for.

Would defo go back to Oasis Dunas and would recommend for non fussy people who want a nice clean holiday and dont expect 5 star.

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2010

As we found it..good.

Reviewed Wed 22nd of September 2010

"Official 3 key rated.
Overall :7/10
Food :6/10
Cleanliness:7/10
Location :10/10
1 week. Half board. On arrival we were impressed on cleanliness and ease of booking in at the reception. Staff spoke good English and polite. The apartments are laid out in blocks around numerous swimming pools, which are very cold, and lush vegitation. First impressions were very good. We were in "c Block". The apartment is quite small, adequate for 2 adults.It has a bed settee in the lounge area to sleep a futher 2 though. A sink, kettle and 2 ring hob plus toaster and a fridge..all working. More designed for self catering I guess. An outside furnished area including clothes dryer/airer. The room was "Cleaned" twice and the bedding/ towels changed 3 times during our stay. Half board food...well I've had worse!
Breakfast; The usual choices of English Style or Continental cheeses & cold meats etc. Cooked food not very hot though!
Evening meal; 3 courses available, some a bit "Mushy" and tasteless. Plenty on offer during the week though. On the whole just above average. And no bad tummy!!
Bottled water is recommended as tap water is very high in mineral content. There is a small shop on site but a bit pricey! Also a pub with the usual sky sports always on! Tv in the room...pay 20euro to make it work! None of the rooms in "C block" are air coditioned which I found a nightmare trying to sleep at night! Make sure you "Hire a desk fan" at reception when you arrive! Another 7 euro plus 20 euro deposit!..You will need it!

Oasis Duna is located perfectly for the local shopping and entertainment but away from late night town noise. A ten minute stroll and there are loads of pubs, shops, restaurants and Tat stores! Beaches..numerous to choose from, in fact you can walk the length of the coast! But note, alot of volcanic rock between the sandy bits!
Overall our stay was enjoyable and problem free. Personally I would go again to this resort after seeing the others on the way in/out of the area!

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2010

Book DIY and save loads

Reviewed Thu 2nd of September 2010

"Had a fantastic time at Oasis Dunas again. Kids loved the pools which were always clean and were never too packed. Evening entertainment good, plenty to keep young and old occupied without being too in your face. Saved loads by booking flights through Ryan Air and booking the apartment through nxtholidays.com managed by Nickola and Tony who were brilliant. We even arranged tranfers with them and saved a fair bit on a the taxi services offered. No waiting for coaches, dropping people off etc, great especially for those travelling with kids. Arrived at the appartment to find it spotlessley clean and stocked with tea, coffee, sugar, milk and a bottle of complimentry wine! Plenty of clean towels and linnen which were changed half way through our holiday. Apartment was basically furnished but not shabily and was in good decorative order. I have read some bad reviews about other apartments in the hotel which is another reason i'm glad we booked with nxtholidays as we didn't have any problems at all. No flies swatted on the walls or otherwise, no cockroaches. As our apartment was privatley owened I think it must have made all the difference. It's not the Ritz but great for a base with access to all the hotel facilites and a great location. Beaches were stunning, from the hotel a taxi to the dunes with beautiful beaches near by is only £5 and we got a bus to El Cotillo beach which was about £15 return. Water park is only accross the road and it's a short walk into the town. Food is perhaps a little more expensive than in England. All in all a fab family holiday made much more affordable by booking DIY.

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

Great place and good accomdation

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"me my partner and my 4yr old son have just returned from a week here, firstly after reading some reviews about security at the hotel we were worried and therefore we got a safe.....but we had no problems we were greeted by a plesent lady on reception and everytime we went to reception they were always helpful and nice, our room was kept well clean and cleaned every other day and was cleaned the day before we left too. the pool area is massive and there is about 3-4 pools but htey are big salt water tho!! the rooms are basic but u dont spent much time in there anyway....the evening entertianment look good but we didnt stay as we wanted to look out of hotel.........we found many nice bars and restrunts and 1 we even went back to twice!!! it was called the slow boat chinese and it was lovely all the staff were nice and the food was to die for!!!!
Wikiki bar had the best view as it is on beach front and the cocktails are nice and served by lots of bar men LOL.
the stables and rock cafe were both nice to have drink in. we found all people were friendly and welcoming. We went to the water park over road and that as good but expsnsive and we went on over cast day so wind was chilly.
we will defo return to the resort and hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of July 2010

Oasis Dunas Lover

Reviewed Mon 28th of June 2010

"We have just come back from our fourth holiday at Oasis Dunas, Corralejo and have had another fantastic holiday there and would definitely go back again. We finally got a poolside room which was kept clean, although I have to admit that for the first time ever here we saw cockroaches in the apartment for the first few days, but they did disappear. The Kids Club team were absolutely fantastic as usual with our daughter and made us all feel welcome and the entertainment team they had there were the best yet. All 4 were excellent and had time for you no matter what time of day, but special thanks has to go to Claire (who was the best singer out of them all), who put up with our daughter Rebecca following her round everywhere for a fortnight and also to Lee who is such a lovely guy and puts his all into everything he does.

Corralejo itself hasnt changed that much in the last 18months since we have been although a few restaurants have now closed. However, a big shopping complex is due to opern up there next month and this looks like it could breathe some new life into the centre and Im looking forward to going back next year to see what I can buy from there. Olivia Beach is the best beach by far and the camels were there so my daughter got her first camel ride since our first holiday over there in 2004! I wouldnt hesitate to recommend Oasis Dunas to anyone - dont believe all the bad reviews that are on here!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of June 2010

Not Bad for the Money

Reviewed Tue 15th of June 2010

"Just got back from the Oasis Dunas on 12th June. Reception staff were fairly helpful, however once we had found our apartment I was greeted with about ten cockroaches scuttling around in our bathroom. Not the nicest welcome, however after getting a large can of spray from reception I decided to pluck up the courage and go on a killing spree. The apartments are ok, pretty basic but were cleaned. The complex is fantastic for children and the entertainment team do a excellent job. I was suprised at the cost of eating out and alcoholic drinks. 5 Euros for a Magners seems a bit over the top. Best place we found to eat was Poco Loco, one of the best fillet steak I have tasted, very child friendly.
All in all for what I paid for 10 days in the sun no real complaints but do take plenty of spending money."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2010

Good place. great staff, worth the trip

Reviewed Fri 18th of June 2010

"Firstly, go to the place, and got a room with a pool view… (though one bed room window) not the view we expected, it, pool from the patio. I explained to the staff I wanted a pool view, they were full but agreed to move me 2 days later. They were pleasant and flexible to meet my request. In the end we didn’t move as the apartment we had was next to swings and slides, some were we could still in the apartment and watch our kids (6 and 4) play safely, we could never sit on the patio and watch then near the pool.

Went with family, wife and two kids, stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment half board, great price

All the problems that people have highlight made me a little apprehensive, but we had a great stay, no insects (until the last day) and even they, on a few flies.. yes I did get bitten on the last night.. but my fault for leave the window open and the replant scents (supplied) unplugged. Have been told it gets busy after April, but in Feb, great, nice and quite, always a lounger next to the pool.

We book half bored, ok,, not ground breaking food, but good choice, even for our kids, and good enough that we eat every day, we normal would not and go and eat our more, but in the end, we like the food and just had lunch at the restaurants.

Beaches, the harbour beach was great, and I can see way it isn’t good if over crowed, but as the town was quite. We enjoyed sitting have a lunch with the kids playing on the beach.

Zoo on the south of the island is worth the trip, the beach on the dunes 1 mile to the east are amassing, as good and the Caribbean (with waves), and the little coves and beaches around El Cotillo, north and south of the village (12 miles to the west of Corralejo) are sublime. Sun set is a wonderful and worth the trip to it if you have a hire care

I short, you get want you want, we didn’t go the ‘British pub’ on site, or the late night entertainment. But this is in line with any typical package tour site.

Tip - Good supermarket, Hyperdino near by, out of the front and turn left. Then 3 mins walk. Hope you can now find it quicker than we did.

• Travel date: Thu 25th of February 2010

dont book here

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"We holidayed here with our three children for two weeks just got back today. Our room was damp and covered in dead insects either mossies or others plastered on the wall ohter guests had killed. the room hadnt seen paint in about five years and the matresses and pillows all smelt of damp. We had a nightly cockroach watch as on our second morning i discovered one in the food cupboard, then another in the bedroom. We had to but cockroach spray and use it every night one night we had 8!!!! We resorted to keeping food in a suitcase. We also paid 42 euro for tv which was sky news bbc news and sky family, if i see jurassic park 3 again.... Staff on reception were extremely rude (spanish staff) The reps and the kids club guys were great first class enthusiastiic lovely people. I am sorry i didnt complain at the time our holiday cost us £2700 not what i would call bargain basement, I have been to fuerte twice before and accomodation was excellent will never be back anywhere near oasis dunas."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of January 2010

Nice but VERY expensive!

Reviewed Wed 9th of December 2009

"We have visited the Canary Islands for our winter breaks for the last 5 years and had reasonable expectations for our stay in Corralejo. The Oasis Dunas is a reasonable 3 star complex and the service offered by the staff is excellent. Our room was regularly cleaned and the towels and bedding changed. This is a must really when travelling with two young children. Corralejo itself is a small resort but there are plenty of things to do, and plenty to keep the kids occupied. The only real let down was that in the winter season the local aqua park is closed. This was a big disappointment to us, as we all love aqua parks. In Gran Canaria and Tenerife the parks stay open all year, so why on Fuerteventura the park is closed anyone knows? We went on a trip to nearby Lobos. This is touted as big adventure, and a great day out. It really isn’t! Apart from the remnants of an old fishing village and a little hut telling the islands history, there isn’t much else there. I certainly wouldn’t take kids there. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around and they mostly offer reasonable standard of food and good service. We only had one meal where we had cause to complain. There is a Pirate themed restaurant on the left hand side of the main strip as you walk towards the plaza and harbour. The food in there was terrible. We order a mixed starter and their special kebabs for 2. The mixed starter looked and tasted like Road kill, and was left. The mixed Kebab was supposed to be a special dish, and contain Wilderbeast, Crocodile, Horse and other such delicacies. For 30euros we thought we would give it a try. What came, was essentially the toughest beef kebab imaginable. It contained none of delicacies that it promised. I was disgusted that they were trying to pass this off as the house special. For us the largest reason we have given the holiday a low rating was the prices that the Spanish are charging. The Oasis Dunas has a number of bars, and a take away snack bar. The prices we found extortionate. Pizza’s at 9euros, a glass of coke 3 euros, a pint of beer at 3.5euros, spirits and mixer 7euros. Ice cream bars 2 and 3 euros. And this is nothing unusual. Eating out at Corralejo is a very expensive affair. A meal may cost you 40euros which is OK, but then the drinks bill will add another 40 euros to that. The Spanish have got very very greedy. They know they have a captive audience and they make every attempt to make as much money as they can from it. In the 14 nights we were there we spent £1800. Most of this went on eating! For a family with 2 young children this is a huge amount of money. For a low cost family holiday Fuerteventura simply does not deliver. We looked at the total amount we spent on the holiday and realised we had spent £3000. For the same money you can get 5 star, all inclusive holiday in the Caribbean. For half that money you can get the same in Egypt. Fuerteventura is a nice place, clean and friendly. But for no other reason than the greed of the Spanish, and the extortionate costs of been there, we will never go back. "

• Travel date: Wed 9th of December 2009

"Great place"

Reviewed Mon 3rd of August 2009

"Me my partner & two boys (6) & (9) stayed in oasis dunas in june for two weeks half board. We had a great time, the food was plentiful on half board, good choice of food & desserts. Entertainment was good, pools were fab kids loved them. waterpark right opposite the oasis dunas we could see it from our apartment, bit pricey but worth it. We hired a car out for a week and travelled the island, a must see is the jandia beach, voted 7th best in the world absolutely stunning, the picture we took of it look's like a postcard. Also worth visiting are the sand dunes in corralejo, kids had a ball rolling down them there massive, this place takes excellent pictures. A must do is the glass bottom boat trip it is awesome, you get to see the bottom of the reef under the boat & all the stunning fish below, whilst the boat stops by the reef you also have the choice of taking a dive in to the water, very refreshing. I would reccomend this place to anyone with kids. I would return anyday...."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009