awful

Reviewed Sat 1st of October 2011

"stayed 11 nts in sept, greeted by cockroach,rooms dirty,went self catering but could not use equipment, plugs not safe,room was hotter than out side did not sleep the whole time we was here,did find the pool area quite nice but that was all that was good.had holiday reps arguing with life guards,entertainment pretty poor.advise anyone going here,eat out,spend your time on beach or sand dunes and enjoy the island and spend as little time in complex.would never stay here again and spoke to enough people that felt the same."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2011

fab holiday

Reviewed Mon 12th of September 2011

"dnt be put of by the bad reviews this was my first holiday abroad me my hubby & 3 kids 18,17,14 we all loved it the pools are clean plenty of sunbeds pools are big they are sea water thats the only problem the rooms was nice so i cant understand why people moaning i had ground floor apartment and we did not suffer with cockroaches or ants cleaners are always around every other day the water park is absolute fab had great time will deffo go back & the sand dunes are to die for plenty of shops lots of english resturants "

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2011

rubbish

Reviewed Wed 24th of August 2011

"Stayed jun 2 weeks. Awful staff extremely rude and surly. Poolside bar staff rude. Dont expect to get your drinks with yr meal they expect u to queue again she tells u to get out of her face. Rooom terrible son had to sleep on the floor sofa bed broken towels like rags shsheets only cleaned 1time beds dirty mattresses mum bitten by bed bugs. Too hot to sleep no air con. Pools very good. food horrendous. Always cold dining room crap reminded me of butlins crockery always dirty disgusting. When u complain they go off in a strop. Chef who frys eggs always tutting under his breath the only good food was the jelly. As for the state of the place digusting dirty tables and floor like a bomb site. 2euro for 250ml btl of water what a take down. as for getting into breakfast rubbish all over the complex after the pub and entertainment the night before disgraceful. An army of maids trying to clean it all up. Should be done long before 8am when the diner opens. Maintainance work done twice in our room without our knowlege came back to mess all in my sandals and all over the worktop. The maid was crap we still had the same moth on the floor until we left. Had to put out our own rubbish. Patio very dirty never cleaned dont sit on the chairs without wiping them down. Cats a nuisance one jumped on my head in the miidle of the night. Scared me to death. I would not recomend this holiday to anyone. "

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2011

Thought it was going to be terrible, but we had a great time!

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"When I read some of the reviews I thought we were heading for a bad time staying here. But as a family this hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were great and the pools and gardens were lovely. The food was fine and so was the quality. There was entertainment every night of our two week stay in july/august 2011. This hotel is great for families and is a 3 min. walk into town and 10 mins to beach. The only niggle we had were the beds - not very comfortable. The rooms are quite basic but we were out all day. We stayed on a half board basis and I have a family of difficult eaters, but there was enough choice. It is a 3 key standard hotel and value for money and the kids clubs are great and the waterpark is just across the road!! Will recommend."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2011

noisy, noisy and noisy

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"We have just returned from this accommodation and to be honest I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they like noise. We had a ground floor room by the busy road and we didn't get any peace. The walls are paper thin. You can hear people in the next room having a conversation without even shouting. From the room upstairs you can hear a pin dropping. The road noise was horrendous. The room was very very basic and quite poor for self catering. All rooms are set up this way whether you go all inclusive or not. Two hobs are barely enough. I have scored it a 2 because we did get a new kettle the same evening and the cleaning staff were very good. But I must agree with the other reviews rubbish wasn't emptied every day. Our 2 year old daughter even complained about the noise of the road.
On a positive there was a children's park in the complex and a kiddies paddling pool so that was a plus. Across the road is a very good water park which is recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2011

Mixed review

Reviewed Tue 12th of July 2011

"I had read mixed reviews before we left but was not worried, we are not fussy people so thought it would be fine. on arrival its very clean in reception (though staff are the most sullen i have ever met). The pool area is gorgeous, plenty sunbeds, showers at the side of pool and 3 good sized pools of varying depths. pool bar staff also rude, called me an unprintable name for having the audacity to say "Can I see a menu please". When my husband went to reception to ask to speak to a manager, the blonde receptionist told him to fill in the form in our room and it would get to the manager! We were half board and breakfasts were fine if a little lukewarm but the dinners were on occasion dreadful.It appears they cook everything at one time and it just sits there at the buffet and dries out and gets cold. On the last night we had meatballs which were cold and raw once bitten into, another night I had fish so dry I could not chew it. Rooms were a bit more basic than I would have liked, however were very clean, but ours were badly needing new furniture as it was quite shabby, we were party of 6 and 2 of the teenagers had to sleep in the sitting room, one on a pull out a few inches off the floor and the other on the couch where the cushions would not sit in the frame and as a result the kids kept landing on the floor. There was no airconditioning which was a nightmare but they did provide us with a fan for one room only on day 5.We were on the ground floor so couldnt leave the windows open because of the cockroaches so this didnt help with eh mugginess in the room. We didnt cook but there was a 2 ring cooker, toaster, fridge and microwave there if you so wanted. We had towels changed on day 2 then 5 but then were left without bath towels for 5 days , using only hand towels and we had the same dishtowel for the 2 weeks. Daytime entertainment was great for all ages, plenty vairety for all the family. In the evening it was nightly bingo, and play your cards right. Kids hour started at 8pm which is quite late we felt,(although I understand that folk like to eat as a family later on holiday) leaving the after bingo entertainment often not starting till nearly 10.30pm. Entertainment would have benefitted from more outside acts coming in and not the Thomas Cook team performing variations on the same theme night after night. They had a marketplace one evening and a lovely man singing with a guitar in spanish but we had dizzy and shades belting over the top of it and the man eventually gave up. This place has great potential,it is in a great location, 5 min walk from waterpark, less than 2 mins walk from main shopping street. The rooms and the food and a minority of staff that let this hotel down( staff in the restaurant and boulevard bar were lovely).This was not a holiday from hell, far from it, but with hot food, friendly staff and the rooms upgraded slightly, this would have been a wonderful place and a wonderful holiday which we worked hard all year to pay for. "

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2011

had a brilliant time 13th april 2011

Reviewed Thu 12th of May 2011

"I went with my dauhter, son in law and 2 grandsons 8 and 11, we had a fantatic time the entertainment was excellent and the team Kim, Ali, Craig and Steven worked very hard and long hours and always a smile and chatted to all the visitors, couldn't do enough for us.
We stayed in apartments, we asked for adjacent apartments ground floor and opposite pool, we got everything we asked for.
The apts do need a revamp but Hi who stays in their apartment when there is so much to do. We went half board , sometimes the food wasn't as hot as it could have been but we always found something that we liked to eat even though the choice was a bit limited. I told the rep about it not being very hot and must say it did improve.
I would reccomend it to anyone for a good low price holiday with lots of fun. I have already booked to go with thomas cook next May half term (4 adults and 3 children) and made sure that it is thomas cook entertainment, as we were so impressed, We saw the bad remarks but what do people expect of a 3 star hotel, if they want a la cart meals then go to a 5-6star hotel. We couldn't fault it.
I would like to tell you, if you fancy a sunday roast DO NOT GO TO PENNY LANE, it is a rip off, the meat comes out of a cash n cary container already sliced, it's not a joint and it was awful, the cabbage had loads of vinegar in it, I don't like vinegar and ended up leaving my meal, it cost over 40 euro for 2 adult and 3 child meals, we ony had squash and 1 beer, I was disgusted with it.
Hope this helps you to decide."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2011

Excellent aparthotel

Reviewed Wed 27th of April 2011

"Excellent aparthotel - clean, helpful staff, superb food with half-board - veal, plentiful fish, vegetables and fruit - simply superb. Stayed in April, for school holidays. Will definitely go again! Highly recommended. "

• Travel date: Tue 26th of April 2011

room basic,pools lovely but restaurant poor.

Reviewed Fri 8th of April 2011

"Me and my husband went end of march beginging of april for one week.
Check in was very smooth,our room very basic we went half board so it was fine but dont think i would be enough if we didnt.
The beds uncomfortable and pillows hard, room very clean and towels changes twice in our visit and bed changed once.
The restaurant wasnt very nice, if the food had run out it would sometime take a while for it to be replenished,tables left uncleared,shortage of staff, one waiter was also making the pizza for the plazza! the staff work very hard just not enough of them.
no drinks provided with your evening meal not even water, which i though was poor, we bought water from the complex shop and took that in with us but was told we couldnt! we had to buy it in the restaurant.
It seemed that most of what was on offer was out of a tin or jar very little fresh food.
All that said we did have a good week we didnt get involved with any entertainment every time we popped our heads in the bar the kids seam to be having a good time but there wasnt anywhere just to have a drink either away from the massive tv or the loud music and children.
we found a couple of nice bars and restaurants in the town."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of April 2011

feb 2011

Reviewed Fri 11th of March 2011

"we had the most fantastic 2 weeks holiday. the kids loved the kids clubs going for 6 hours a day heaven to us . they made wonderful friends and the staff and the thomas cook entertainment were good. i know some of the reviews are bad but you shouldnt let them spoil your holiday looking forward to going back next year fab weather as well"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2011

Feb 2011

Reviewed Tue 22nd of February 2011

"I can honestly say we had a great week. The weather was great Hotel was Great Food was good and varied for all tastes including vegetarians. ( we were surprised after the reviews we had read before we went) Our only complaint was that you were charged to watch the TV in your appartment. A day trip to Lanzarote is worth it as it is much cheaper for duty free 27 euros each adult, but is a luxury ferry. A taxi from the port to Puerto Del Carmen cost 30 euros between 6 adults. The Sand Dunes is a must see it is gorgeous fine golden sand turqoise water, paradise! oh and watch out for camels and nudists.

All in all we would definately visit again to the same resort and hotel, we think this hotel was ideally situated for night life, shops and buses.

Mrs A Millward"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of February 2011

great entertainment team

Reviewed Thu 10th of February 2011

"just got back from 12 days at the oasis dunnas. rooms nice & clean but floods from 2 nights of rain. staff were very helpfull in handing out towels to everyone to soak up the water. was surprised how well they coped, as it couldn,t be avoided. Fantastic entertainment team, both day & night. They worked there socks off to keep both children & adults happy. Only complaint was the food on an evening was terrible. Make sure you fill up on the excellent breakfast to keep you going. Gret Italian resteraunt on high street, called La Tasca. Great food. Great service. "

• Travel date: Mon 7th of February 2011