About Hotel The Corralejo Beach

• bicycle rental
  • darts
  • fishing amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • snorkeling amenities
  • solarium
  • diving

Amazing Hotel

Reviewed Wed 10th of August 2011

"Really enjoyed our stay in Corralejo beach hotel.

Great Location, right near the beach, shops and bars. So no need to walk miles everything is literally on your doorstep. :)
Some really brilliant bars in the Atlantico Centre 2 minutes down the street open till early hours.
Was worried about the reviews of the food which I read but was fine. I really enjoyed the food, some nights better than others for selection but other than that great. :)

Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!:)

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2011

Nicely laid out apartments

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2009

"My daughter and I stayed at Castillo Beach Puerto Apartments for one week in June. These apartments are very basic - I personally wouldn't call a fridge and 2 rings self catering. The beds were uncomfortable and the sheets had holes in them. The towels were changed every time the apartment was cleaned (twice in the week we were there). After the first time the apartment was cleaned we found that a few small items were missing. The bungalow was fairly clean except for the floor under and around the fridge which was filthy. I found 4 cockroaches in the apartment over the course of the week.

We had a nice view of the pool from our terrace and the pool area and gardens were very clean and tidy. Staff in the pool bar were very friendly and helpful. It wasn't busy when we were there so we had no problem getting sun loungers, although a lot of them could do with being replaced.

Reception opening times were limited and I didn't find the staff particularly helpful. Although they had a nice selection of books for guests to borrow, and you could book excursions through reception.

The location is excellent - very close to the resort centre and the beach. Would recommend the beach at Jandia - absolutely beautiful. The weather was great for the first part of the week (about 26 degrees with a nice breeze but by the end of the week it got up to 32 degrees with no breeze!)

All in all I was impressed with Fuerteventura and the location of the apartments. But I wouldn't stay in those apartments again.

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

The apartments are in a great location -...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"The apartments are in a great location - only 5/10 mins walk to both the beach, shops & good choice of restaurants.

The apartments themselves were very basic - to be expected at 2 star but ours did smell very musty & damp. The beds were very uncomfortable & the hot water for the showers seemed to be a bit hit and miss!!

The pool area is very nice however there were definitely NOT enough sunbeds. We counted 44 loungers in total & considering that there are 38 apartments it didn't take long before they were taken. There was a notice stating that sunbeds were not to be reserved & that any towels would be removed & taken to reception however this was not done. We found sunbeds reserved from early morning & not being used until the afternoon when people were returning from trips/shopping.

We had a nice relaxing holiday & would return to Costa Caleta but not these apartments."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

My Sister, two nephews (11 & 15) and I s...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"My Sister, two nephews (11 & 15) and I stayed here second week in July. The bungalows were very clean, comfortable and overall a very nice place to stay. We only booked the trip two weeks before going and were quite worried about what to expect upon our arrival, but were delighted on our arrival to discover we were 15 minutes from the airport, the complex was beautifully layed out, nice pool, plenty of sun loungers and the pool bar staff are very welcoming and accomdating, offering great advise of were to go and what to see, (also were to stay away from). The only downfall would be that across the road there was a building site, but the noise was minimal.
Few places I would recommend you try:

1. Windmill Bar - Their fish is absoultely beautiful - Local fish Marlin
2. Water Park - 40 minute bus ride, but great day and loads for the kiddies to do
3. Pieros Music Bar - Staff very friendly, family entertainment every night at 9.00pm, then disco and karaoke from 11.00 to 3.00 - Different shows every night.
4. Floating Shop - Feed the fish, and have a look in on Harley the Sea Lion

I would diffently go back next year, and we have already starting looking for another deal."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Just back from a week there.My daughter...

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2008

"Just back from a week there.My daughter and grandaughter aged 6 .Every thing as expected, rooms basic but spotless ,every one very friendly 2 min walk to shops and resturants,Fabby pizza place in the center,great with kids and then next door "Italian Snacks" where we could sit outside and have a vino while Olivia played in the playpark beside it.PEACE!!!Do not go to a eatery called the Windmill cheap it may be but so is the food, AWFUL.The beach was great and there was a kids beach party with everything free for kids.Lots of games and activities.Be warned the wind blows there all the time very deceiving so cover the kids up well with sunscreen.The Atlantico shopping center doesnt have much in it but get the bus and go to P De Rosario about 10/15 mins,you get off at the door and the bustop to come back is opposite ,You have all day shopping,there is a kids creche on the top floor ,you can leave the kids there, its OK Will go there again we all had great fun."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

I have been to to the resort before but...

Reviewed Fri 20th of June 2008

"I have been to to the resort before but not to castilla puerto. On arrival i found it to be very clean and welcoming. The apartments have everything you need. I found the pool area spacious and plenty of sunbeds. The only downside was the poolbar wasn,t open until the day i came home. all in all i recommend the resort and will probably go back soon."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the casti...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of June 2008

"Me and my girlfriend stayed at the castillo puerto apartments for a week, when we arrived on the saturday evening we were given our room key and a letter on the transfer to the apartments that read 'the reception does not operate on a 24hr basis and that we would have to check in on monday as the reception was not open on sundays', We thought this was most inconvenient as we wanted a safe deposit box and information about the area upon arrival. The letter also give us the times of which the reception was open and made us feel quite worried that if anything did happen during our stay then who could we turn to during the part time reception?

The apartment itself was very clean and ideal for us, it lead out to a terrace and then the pool which was also very clean. On our first day we mostly stayed around the pool area and it was very quiet and peaceful. when monday come we got woken up by a drill from over the road where builders were restorating some other apartments unfortunately this happened everyday from 8am until 6pm and the noise was constant so it was not even possible to have a nap in the afternoon.

After having these setbacks we didn't let it get to us and we managed to enjoy our holiday, there were lots of restaurants to choose from and prices were reasonable we had no complaints about the food which was excellant, one of the nights we had a 3 course chinese meal for 10 euros. We went on a day trip to Oasis Park which is a must! had a fab day there and lunch was included. Pieros music cafe was always popular and had entertainment every night. Overall our location was good and within 5 mins to everything and about 10 mins to beach i would definately goback to the apartments even though were unlucky with some of the building work going on. "

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

this was are third visit to these aparts...

Reviewed Sun 11th of May 2008

"this was are third visit to these aparts. they are fab close to everything beach shops bars ect. the pool bar is run by alan and karly who were great, food was great and they stayed open until you were ready for bed. zoe worked most nights and was really lovely. i can honistly say this is a brill place to stay. hi to alan and karly if they see this. i was the one who gave you the welsh hat to put in the bar. hope to see you next year if you are still there."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of May 2008

I went to these bungalows last summer wi...

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2008

"I went to these bungalows last summer with the wife and my 2 boys age 2 & 5.
Excellent location in caletta de fuste with the main town centre 5 minutes away (2 with no kids).Beach about 10 minutes (5 with no kids).
Pool and bar were great with snacks available through the day.
For families with young children as i was there is a patio with table and chairs to each bungalow but no barriers so be prepared to spent most of the holiday chasing them as the pool (5 foot deep) is only around the corner from most bungalows or right in front.This was our main concern over the 2 weeks we stayed there.Other guests were really friendly both sides we had a family from newport,wales with 3 kids which was fab and the other from ireland hello there guys!!!!!
A great base for a holiday in fuerteventura.We hired a car for 5 days to see the place and visited carralejo with the sand dunes (must see) in the north and gran tarajal in the southern part of the island with big black sandy beach really hot which reached 43 degrees when we went there in a mini heat-wave.It was way too hot that day as the town was deserted because of the temperature.
All-in-all i would recommend these bungalows and calleta de fuste for a family holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of January 2008

Had a great week in Fuerteventura, apart...

Reviewed Tue 24th of July 2007

"Had a great week in Fuerteventura, apartments are spotless and have a great location. We booked 2 day trips to Baku water park and Oasis Park and would recommend these, they were both a great day out.

We thought reps were very helpful, although never saw much of our rep Mike the entire week. Although bad luck struck on our last day and we were burgled, the apartments have very bad security as it happened in the middle of the day, they broke through the window and then broke in to the safe!! Also happened within an hour. Reception is closed during the day which wasn't helpful. It was very hard to contact police and to be honest, it wasn't worth contacting them at all. They took 4 hours to get to us and they're only situated 10 mins away. Had no help whatsoever from rep or any member of staff. We were also told these things happened quite a lot. When reception finally opened, the reception staff didn't understand most of the things we were saying!!

All in all I'm now glad to be home and would return to Fuerteventura although not Castillo Puerto Apartments!!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

I’ve only just returned from my holida...

Reviewed Fri 22nd of June 2007

"I’ve only just returned from my holiday, staying at the castillo puerto apartments. We had an excellent holiday. The apartments were brilliant situated right next to the pool and only a few steps to the pool bar.

Apartments are only 5 minutes away from the beach and 2 minutes from the town. The bar staff are very friendly and helpful for places to go and things to do. Nice peaceful atmosphere. Would defiantly go again.

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2007

Our impression overall was good. Helpful...

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2007

"Our impression overall was good. Helpful staff and clean bungalows etc.

That said: may I make three Pleas to the Powers-That-Be... and perhaps parents will take note too...

1) We would really have appreciated some quiet time around the pool. The Bar had a number of TV screens and when we didn't have to listen to cricket or football commentary etc. there was more often than not, music/musak playing.

In these days of walkmans etc. it's not necessary to subject others to this sort of noise contamination. Sound travels in the open air and there was no escape from this.

2) Although there were No Diving notices, people were still jumping off the side, into the pool. This is very disconcerting for nervous pool users and the frequent loud splashes and shrieks were irritating to say the least.

Could you please ban (and enforce it) Li-los, balls etc, as, unfortunately parents don't control their children in these matters. I hate to sound like an old grump, but parents can be totally inconsiderate - holidays are for child-free people too, who would like a bit of peace and be able to swim comfortably.

3) We had to search for sunbeds in a reasonable condition (and this was when it wasn't busy around the pool) and there were not enough umbrellas.

Over-all though, we enjoyed our stay!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007